McNeese
Northwestern State
SFA
HBU
Nicholls
UCA

SFA 93
September 10th, 2017, 07:43 PM
https://sfasawmill.com/s/251/sfa-underwhelms-in-home-thrashing-by-suu---what-we-learned

TheRevSFA
September 10th, 2017, 07:49 PM
McNeese
Lamar
Incarnate Word
HBU
Nichols
UCA

Wildcat1997
September 10th, 2017, 08:21 PM
All games on Sept. 16.

McNeese at Alcorn State
Lamar at Northwestern State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU
Prairie View A&M at Nicholls
Southeastern Louisiana at UCAMcneese
Lamar
SFA
ACU (I'm kind of surprised to see so many people going with HBU. It'll be our first game in our brand new stadium and it will be electric and we also showed some good things against the 2 FBS teams we played. I just don't see us losing this game.)
Nicholls
UCA

Katfan
September 10th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Mcneese
Lamar
SFA
ACU (I'm kind of surprised to see so many people going with HBU. It'll be our first game in our brand new stadium and it will be electric and we also showed some good things against the 2 FBS teams we played. I just don't see us losing this game.)
Nicholls
UCA

its early and to be honest several of the games this week would not surprise me whichever way they go including yours. Good luck!

bonarae
September 10th, 2017, 09:08 PM
McNeese
Lamar
SFA
ACU
Nicholls
UCA

TheRevSFA
September 10th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Not sure why y'all are so high on SFA.

I bet UIW hangs 50 on us

Catatonic
September 10th, 2017, 09:36 PM
its early and to be honest several of the games this week would not surprise me whichever way they go including yours. Good luck!

I don't see our game with HBU being close. ACU teams have broken my heart before though so I could be wrong.

Daytripper
September 10th, 2017, 09:46 PM
McNeese at Alcorn State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU
Prairie View A&M atNicholls
Southeastern Louisialsna at UCA

McNeese75
September 10th, 2017, 09:47 PM
McNeese at Alcorn State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU
Southeastern Louisiana at UCA

BEAR
September 10th, 2017, 09:50 PM
McNeese at Alcorn State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU

Katfan
September 10th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Not sure why y'all are so high on SFA.

I bet UIW hangs 50 on us
We're not! We're just higher than UIW

Katfan
September 10th, 2017, 09:51 PM
I don't see our game with HBU being close. ACU teams have broken my heart before though so I could be wrong.
Oh come on they won't beat you that bad. You're making me rethink my pick.

Serpentor
September 10th, 2017, 10:17 PM

I would have voted for you guys, but I got too much sympathy for HBU right now. I'm sure you guys will continue to improve.

Hey, now that your team is post-season eligible, have you noticed any difference in recruitments yet?

Panther88
September 11th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Dang man... no Nicholls 178 gazillion and PVAMU negative 1000? xsmhx Hope the weather holds for the pending track meet.

pvdogteam
September 11th, 2017, 06:41 AM
We're not! We're just higher than UIW

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Princesstoya/Misc/Miss/WOW-flavor_flav_5095682.jpg

Catatonic
September 11th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Too soon to say. We have a new staff in addition to being eligible for the play offs. This will be their first full recruiting cycle. Lots of offers out but only one commit so far. I'll let you know closer to signing day.
I would have voted for you guys, but I got too much sympathy for HBU right now. I'm sure you guys will continue to improve.

Hey, now that your team is post-season eligible, have you noticed any difference in recruitments yet?

McCowboys
September 11th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Mcneese
Lamar
SFA
Nicholls
UCA

I was thinking the same thing about the picks for the HBU/ACU tilt. Do y'all have some insider information or something? It could happen, but ACU losing its opening game in its new stadium would be a shocker to me.

BEAR
September 11th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Mcneese

The reason I went with HBU is this: Moncure (19), Dolan (15), Walker (10), and Lewis (9) each have impressive number of tackles so far in two games. Add to that the offense has run the ball 82 times and you eat the clock up (32 minutes of possession per game) . 6 Touchbacks on kickoffs and a QB that is completing 56% of his passes and ACU has to figure out how to get them off the field IMO. So statistically HBU is doing well. But sometimes its not about the Xs and Os but about the Jimmy and Joes. Plus ACU has played two FBS schools so no one can really know how good or bad they are at the FCS level. But I think it will be the passing of ACU vs. the defense of HBU.

Catatonic
September 11th, 2017, 08:49 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the picks for the HBU/ACU tilt. Do y'all have some insider information or something? It could happen, but ACU losing its opening game in its new stadium would be a shocker to me.

Sagarin has ACU as the favorite without the extra incentive of opening a new stadium. It's the first game we have played on campus since WWII. A full weekend of activities are planned. A Needtobreathe concert Friday night, lots of on campus game day stuff, a big post game fireworks display. The team has been looking toward this moment for a couple of years.

Playing before a sell out crowd...having played two good FBS teams...they are ready for the conference and to take out frustrations on another FCS team. I see a 10 to 14 point game. Maybe more.
-

Sammy94
September 11th, 2017, 09:07 AM
McNeese at Alcorn State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU

Serpentor
September 11th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Mcneese
Lamar
SFA
Nicholls
UCA

I won't feel bad to be proven wrong on that one, I'm rooting for ACU to improve. I still would give HBU an edge here.

Wildcat1997
September 11th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Some of the banners that will go around the entirety of Wildcat Stadium. There's over 90 in total.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26039&stc=1

Panther88
September 11th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Some of the banners that will go around the entirety of Wildcat Stadium. There's over 90 in total.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26039&stc=1

Super nice touch. Looks so.... eerily familiar.

milleniumkat
September 11th, 2017, 01:37 PM
I went HBU mainly because they have shown some good football the first two weeks for the first time ever so i was betting on them keeping it rolling.

BEAR
September 11th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I went HBU mainly because they have shown some good football the first two weeks for the first time ever so i was betting on them keeping it rolling.

One name....Dolan. Kid makes all the world of difference for defense on that team.

Wildcat1997
September 11th, 2017, 01:59 PM
I went HBU mainly because they have shown some good football the first two weeks for the first time ever so i was betting on them keeping it rolling.We've played some good ball too and against better teams.

BEAR
September 11th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I gotta ask this.

Do Sam fans want Nicholls to win or do they want PVA&M to win? OR do they really care?

I mean if Nicholls wins it looks good for the SLC.
But then they get Sam next.
So if they do that and go 9-2 with losses to Texas A&M and SHSU, they could be a good choice for a playoff spot.

But if they lose, and play Sam next, then they would have to beat Sam because losing to FBS, Sam, and PV would leave them at 8-3 with no room for another loss and even so a weak schedule.

But if PV wins, it makes Sam's strength of schedule look better?

Man this is a tough one. But I think Sam will win the conference anyway so it doesn't matter either way.

Thoughts?

Daytripper
September 11th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I gotta ask this.

Do Sam fans want Nicholls to win or do they want PVA&M to win? OR do they really care?

So if they do that and go 9-2 with losses to Texas A&M and SHSU, they could be a good choice for a playoff spot.

But if they lose, and play Sam next, then they would have to beat Sam because losing to FBS, Sam, and PV would leave them at 8-3 with no room for another loss and even so a weak schedule.

Man this is a tough one. But I think Sam will win the conference anyway so it doesn't matter either way.

Thoughts?

A Nicholls win in this game, and then for both of them to win out.

Serpentor
September 11th, 2017, 02:54 PM

Er, except against us, obviously...

Serpentor
September 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I gotta ask this.

Thoughts?

I'd say we'd want Nicholls to win, but at a smaller point margin than us.

BEAR
September 11th, 2017, 02:57 PM

Even against the Kats next game?...xeyebrowx

- - - Updated - - -

Er, except against us, obviously...

xlolx

Katfan
Not so! A Nichols win then a Nichols loss to SHSU and PV winning out!

Daytripper
Even against the Kats next game?...xeyebrowx

My bad. I shouldn't make assumptions.... but, no.

Sammy94
September 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I gotta ask this.

Thoughts?

Always root for the SLC.

cx500d
September 11th, 2017, 04:38 PM
McNeese
Lamar
SFA
ACU
Nicholls
UCA

milleniumkat
September 11th, 2017, 04:48 PM
We've played some good ball too and against better teams.

I can't argue that. But you guys have let me down several times and i've never picked hbu in an SLC game so i'm going to roll with them this week.

milleniumkat
September 11th, 2017, 04:50 PM
I gotta ask this.

Thoughts?

I want Nichols to win 45-42 or 14-10. Then i want PVAMU to win the Swac. is that specific enough?

Wildcat1997
September 11th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I can't argue that. But you guys have let me down several times and i've never picked hbu in an SLC game so i'm going to roll with them this week.I'm betting it'll be something like ACU 28 HBU 14 or something around there. I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

milleniumkat
September 11th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I'm betting it'll be something like ACU 28 HBU 14 or something around there. I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Likely.

pvdogteam
September 11th, 2017, 08:16 PM

Pretty cool, nice touch

Wildcat1997
September 12th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Tour Of Wildcat Stadium

https://youtu.be/wWOpPdn4okc

milleniumkat
September 13th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Call me crazy but i think it's too soon to write off SFA. They are not on the same page right now, but they have the talent to be dangerous if they get it together.

milleniumkat
September 13th, 2017, 10:44 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/762c9e208c6ecea4b602c96d076774eb.jpg

I'm
looking at this game as a small measure of SFA.

McNeese75
September 13th, 2017, 01:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/762c9e208c6ecea4b602c96d076774eb.jpg

I'm
looking at this game as a small measure of SFA.

The T-Birds will not run over UNI like they did SFA.

Daytripper
September 13th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Call me crazy but i think it's too soon to write off SFA. They are not on the same page right now, but they have the talent to be dangerous if they get it together.

Yes, they do have talent. But, they will never be successful as long as Conque is running that mess.

BEAR
September 13th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Yes, they do have talent. But, they will never be successful as long as Conque is running that mess.

Im telling ya Cramp Clunk checked out years before he left us. You could see it in the practice sideline wandering, the pissy attitude, and general I don't care anymore vibe he was throwing at people. I really don't see different at SFA. Bigger paycheck I'm sure is good for him but SFA should be years ahead of where they are now. I feel sorry for them and the SLC.

milleniumkat
September 13th, 2017, 04:59 PM

You 'member when they signed him and all of Katnation had a collective gasp?

Daytripper
September 13th, 2017, 05:07 PM

Yes. We were stupid then. Smarter now.

SFA 93
September 13th, 2017, 09:23 PM
https://sfasawmill.com/s/253/fb-southland-conference-power-rankings---week-3/7

Serpentor
September 13th, 2017, 10:11 PM

I'll admit, I was one of the gaspers.

Daytripper
September 13th, 2017, 10:30 PM

Good analysis. And I agree with the sawmill in their love for HBU. They may have turned a corner. Who in the SLC world prior to this year would have ever contemplated a conference ranking of Nicholls third and HBU fourth? The Southland is getting better, slowly but surely.

milleniumkat
September 14th, 2017, 05:43 AM

He must have missed Nicholls' game vs PV this week.

Catatonic
September 14th, 2017, 08:35 AM

HBU v ACU battle for SLC newcomer supremacy on Saturday. HBU does have an impressive true freshman backfield duo at RB and QB, but I am betting ACU and HBU trade places in next week's ranking.

BEAR
September 14th, 2017, 08:52 AM
If Sam, UCA, and Nicholls do what I think they are going to do, then the SLC might finally have 3 teams in the playoffs again. xnodx

Catatonic
September 14th, 2017, 09:00 AM
If Sam, UCA, and Nicholls do what I think they are going to do, then the SLC might finally have 3 teams in the playoffs again. xnodx

I had all three ranked on my AGS ballots and all three are looking like they are playoff bound so far.

The Pud
September 14th, 2017, 09:54 AM

This is true! I believe the Southland Conference is a lot stronger than people give them credit. Southland is definitely stronger than the OVC, Big Sky, NEC, SoCon, Patriot League, and the likes

Serpentor
September 14th, 2017, 01:47 PM

How many seasons in a row does the Southland need to have multiple teams in the playoff before they lift us from the bottom rankings in Division I?

BEAR
September 14th, 2017, 02:13 PM
How many seasons in a row does the Southland need to have multiple teams in the playoff before they lift us from the bottom rankings in Division I?

Good question. Depends on the conferences above us.

But here's what I think will change the perception of the SLC: Playing higher ranked OOC FCS games and winning those during the year. Add on to that wins like those in the playoffs and tough outs for losses and our perception goes up.

The SLC is 5-3 vs OOC FCS this year so far. 0 for against FBS teams.

It's tough though. UCA played the top 3 passing offenses in the nation last year and an FBS and went 2-2 in that spread of games.

Serpentor
September 14th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Good question. Depends on the conferences above us.

But here's what I think will change the perception of the SLC: Playing higher ranked OOC FCS games and winning those during the year. Add on to that wins like those in the playoffs and tough outs for losses and our perception goes up.

The SLC is 5-3 vs OOC FCS this year so far. 0 for against FBS teams.

It's tough though. UCA played the top 3 passing offenses in the nation last year and an FBS and went 2-2 in that spread of games.

Still, thanks for repping us that year. Why do I feel that as HBU, ACU and Nicholls get better, all of a sudden UNO is going to get serious about wanting a football team and they'll end up dragging us down again... (though it would be fun to play a football game at Tad Gormley Stadium, I like old early 20th century cement stadiums, they have a certain nostalgia to them)

McNeese75
September 14th, 2017, 03:44 PM

I'm betting Nicholls loses at least two conference games and could get blown out in one of more of them as well. They have a decent team but they are NOT all that.

Serpentor
September 14th, 2017, 04:29 PM
I'm betting Nicholls loses at least two conference games and could get blown out in one of more of them as well. They have a decent team but they are NOT all that.

Agreed. This is the same team that competed well with Georgia last year, then barely beat HBU later that season. They have a lot of heat right now due to the Texas A&M game, let's see how they survive their run through the SLC.

Katfan
September 14th, 2017, 04:49 PM
While the top of the league has a ways to go, the real problem is the middle and bottom is awful. SFA was just stomped by SUU. 5 down just aren't competitive. If we get 3 teams in and they win or are competitive in the first round and the bottom feeders aren't a pushover in ooc games. Then we can talk. Until then get over it..

The Pud
September 14th, 2017, 04:55 PM

Isn't the Patriot League, OVC and others ranked below us? I do not think SLC is the worse conference.

milleniumkat
September 14th, 2017, 08:55 PM

I only saw highlights of yalls game. What were your thoughts on their skill guys?

McNeese75
September 14th, 2017, 09:17 PM
I only saw highlights of yalls game. What were your thoughts on their skill guys?

QB (Fourcade) is a competitor and a decent passer, #3 Jeanpiere is the real deal (think Yetti Lewis) and adjusts to the ball well (he makes Fourcade look really good, lol). These two played HS ball together and link up well. They have some tall receivers and a decent D line but the QB and receiver are the big weapons. IMO if they lose one of them, they are going to be very average.

Now I did not see the A&M game so I have no idea what they did in that game.

McNeese72
September 14th, 2017, 09:17 PM

My feeling about what I saw at the McNeese-Nicholls game. If it was not the first game of the season, we beat them.

Doc

Catatonic
September 15th, 2017, 06:04 AM
McNeese at Alcorn State
Incarnate Word at SFA
HBU at ACU
Prairie View A&M atNicholls
Southeastern Louisialsna at UCA

i had a tough time with the Lamar at Northwestern State pick. I went with Lamar but I am not very confident in my pick.

McNeese75
September 15th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Dang man... no Nicholls 178 gazillion and PVAMU negative 1000? xsmhx Hope the weather holds for the pending track meet.

Panthers might catch the Colonels in a bit of a slump tomorrow after their first two games xnodx. Should be a good one

Serpentor
September 15th, 2017, 10:09 AM
My feeling about what I saw at the McNeese-Nicholls game. If it was not the first game of the season, we beat them.

Doc

It's a decent win for Nicholls, but it's not like they destroyed McNeese. The Cowboys only lost by less than a field goal on the road, that's hardly devastating.

McNeese75
September 15th, 2017, 10:48 AM
LOL, let the Kats dominate Nicholls and lose on a last second field goal then you will understand. Although, you almost got there with PV

Devastating? No, but frustrating as hell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Pud
September 15th, 2017, 11:05 AM
LOL, let the Kats dominate Nicholls and lose on a last second field goal then you will understand. Although, you almost got there with PV

Devastating? No, but frustrating as hell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am already frustrated with our lack of defensive play. If it were not for our offense we would be 0-2 heading into our game with Nicholls.

Wildcat1997
September 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Wildcat Stadium tour: https://youtu.be/8hpDbNMhxNA

milleniumkat
September 15th, 2017, 12:09 PM
JFC this week has gone so damn slow. I may not make it to tomorrow much less 9/23. When you guys get to heaven, let me know how this year ended up ok?

pvdogteam
September 15th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Do the Nicholls folks talk on this board? I haven't seen one of them talking about trouncing the purple cats

milleniumkat
September 15th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Do the Nicholls folks talk on this board? I haven't seen one of them talking about trouncing the purple cats

They have no Wifi access in Thibi-nowhere and they use gift card data plans. so. Priorities you know?

Daytripper
September 16th, 2017, 12:52 PM
They have no Wifi access in Thibi-nowhere and they use gift card data plans. so. Priorities you know?

They have wifi access. They just don't know how to use it.

BEAR
September 16th, 2017, 05:32 PM
So do any of you lion fans know if your starting QB is back?

Hood
September 16th, 2017, 08:58 PM
LOL you guys are funny.

milleniumkat
September 16th, 2017, 09:03 PM
LOL you guys are funny.

I know right!!😆

Serpentor
September 16th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Well quite a bit of unusual stuff in the SLC. SFA ended up needing a last minute comeback to win, Lamar fell to Northwestern, and ACU proves they did indeed have the drive to win.

Serpentor
September 16th, 2017, 09:43 PM
LOL you guys are funny.

Well, what do you know, Nicholls fans DO exist on the internet.

McNeese72
September 16th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Well quite a bit of unusual stuff in the SLC. SFA ended up needing a last minute comeback to win, Lamar fell to Northwestern, and ACU proves they did indeed have the drive to win.
Tuned in online just in time to see the last play of the SFA game. Dumb move by UIW. That game should have been in OT.

Doc

TheRevSFA
September 16th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Tuned in online just in time to see the last play of the SFA game. Dumb move by UIW. That game should have been in OT.

Doc

yep. Couldn't agree more.

Wildcat1997
September 16th, 2017, 10:27 PM
I'm proud of the way this team played, especially the defense, and it's been a long time since I've been able to say that. We do need to find a running game though. Also shout out to HBU for playing well too, they've improved substantially over the past few years.

Sammy94
September 16th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Perfect this week. I'll take it

SFA 93
September 16th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Better enjoy this one, it might be awhile till we get another one.

https://twitter.com/southlandsports/status/909253824312778752

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26051&stc=1

BEAR
September 16th, 2017, 11:01 PM
SLU is suffering without a starting QB. Ouch.

Catatonic
September 17th, 2017, 05:48 AM

I didn't get them all right, but I was spot on about the one that mattered most to me. The ACU defense dominated. Words rarely spoken about an ACU team.

Catatonic
September 17th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Looks to me like based on early results the top 3 teams are clear enough. Fourth place looks up for grabs...

MCNeese eeked out a W over a team they should have beaten soundly and SLU was curb stomped by UCA. SFA was the other team that preseason I thought would be in the top half of the standings. The Jacks are clearly struggling. I'd like to think that ACU is ready step up in the midst of this power vacuum, but while we beat HBU soundly, the Huskies also exposed some of our serious shortcomings.

The next few weeks could change things but right now it looks like SHSU, UCA, & Nichols, with the battle for fourth about to commence.

Anyone else see it differently?

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM
SLU is suffering without a starting QB. Ouch.

I guess so. I was expecting a bit more of a game out of this match up.

Katfan
September 17th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I didn't get them all right, but I was spot on about the one that mattered most to me. The ACU defense dominated. Words rarely spoken about an ACU team.
Good call! Watched most of the game and was impressed great day for ACU. Love the stadium. Looked like a great game day experiences

Catatonic
September 17th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Good call! Watched most of the game and was impressed great day for ACU. Love the stadium. Looked like a great game day experiences

Game day experience was great. Between 3-4,000 showed up to tail gate and for the Cat Walk by the team to the stadium. Good food at a couple of the concession stands-Artisanal pizza by the slice, green pepper stuffed burgers and so Forth. I just hope people show up for the rest of the games the way they did for this one.

BEAR
September 17th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I guess so. I was expecting a bit more of a game out of this match up.

Being there you could actually see the potential that SLU had. Early in the first half they were running it strong under Bethea, WRs were juking open but no passes were happening. Just too much potential wasted without a QB leading them. Their defense wasn't that good though.

The Pud
September 17th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Good win for SFA

Panther88
September 17th, 2017, 10:23 AM
The stronger of the 2 SLCers SHSU or Nicholls? (including coaching/student-athlete abilities/schemes/etc) Don't let the scores w/ the common opponent fool you; Nicholls knew about Mr #5, SHSU did not. :)

SFA 93
September 17th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Yes nice when your starting safety is also your starting kick returner.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ5b16tU8AAbGnW.jpg

BEAR
September 17th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Good win for SFA

Crazy play for sure. But was it really that good for SFA overall? I mean I've heard Jack fans want CC gone. This win just extends his stay. But happy for the Jacks because it's gonna be a loooong year. IMO

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 11:24 AM
The stronger of the 2 SLCers SHSU or Nicholls? (including coaching/student-athlete abilities/schemes/etc) Don't let the scores w/ the common opponent fool you; Nicholls knew about Mr #5, SHSU did not. :)

You are thinking way to advanced for this crowd.

Schism55
September 17th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Did they really carry guy off the field to celebrate beating Incarnate F@#king Word?

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Did they really carry guy off the field to celebrate beating Incarnate F@#king Word?

It's been kind of a drought.

Daytripper
September 17th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Well, they may not have another opportunity this season.

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 01:52 PM

If you listen carefully, you can hear the theme to "Rudy" playing...

Daytripper
September 17th, 2017, 01:54 PM
If UIW hadn't spit the bit, I would have been perfect this week.

McNeese75
September 17th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Looks to me like based on early results the top 3 teams are clear enough. Fourth place looks up for grabs...

MCNeese eeked out a W over a team they should have beaten soundly and SLU was curb stomped by UCA. SFA was the other team that preseason I thought would be in the top half of the standings. The Jacks are clearly struggling. I'd like to think that ACU is ready step up in the midst of this power vacuum, but while we beat HBU soundly, the Huskies also exposed some of our serious shortcomings.

The next few weeks could change things but right now it looks like SHSU, UCA, & Nichols, with the battle for fourth about to commence.

Anyone else see it differently?

Hey now, the McNeese defense stuffed the run and made the Braves one dimensional. Unfortunately, LOL the McNeese secondary was playing a matador game plan against that other dimension. Glad to get the win. Not an easy place to play and Alcorn is NOT a bad team. Carry your ass to the middle of nowhere and fight that battle. Oh wait, we have to do that again in a few weeks at your stadium :D

Panther88
September 18th, 2017, 12:23 AM
You are thinking way to advanced for this crowd.

SHSU will win this going away. Far too much above avg talent @ SHSU. I've seen both and SHSU has the best team. If SHSU loses, it's because you all beat yourselves.

I wished PJ well after our game. He's stardom in motion and very gifted. SHSU is very fortunate to have him.

The Pud
September 18th, 2017, 06:19 AM
SHSU will win this going away. Far too much above avg talent @ SHSU. I've seen both and SHSU has the best team. If SHSU loses, it's because you all beat yourselves.

I wished PJ well after our game. He's stardom in motion and very gifted. SHSU is very fortunate to have him.

PVAMU will win the SWAC, too much talent on this team.

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM

PJ is one of the best if not the best and it has been fun to watch him play. I can't wait to see him play this year I hear he's bulked up to 315 and hasn't lost any speed. If so he will cause significant issues for any offense

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 09:51 AM

Thanks a lot for the well wishes. And you guys have a legit program and you played us tough, you have a good shot at winning your championship this year.

Panther88
September 18th, 2017, 12:52 PM
We are very young so there will be learning lumps acquired almost weekly. For instance, our o-line? 3 true freshmen, 1 soph, 1 senior. Defensively? Almost the same, to a certain extent w/ a jr/sr here or there. The 18/19 year olds are out-performing the 21/22 year olds. Go figure.

milleniumkat
September 18th, 2017, 02:16 PM
PJ is one of the best if not the best and it has been fun to watch him play. I can't wait to see him play this year I hear he's bulked up to 315 and hasn't lost any speed. If so he will cause significant issues for any offense

He's a great physical talent, but i've had my ?'s about his leadership over the years. When you have been a four year starter and an all american for three years but have yet to be voted a team captain by your peers...it makes me scratch my head a little.

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM
He's a great physical talent, but i've had my ?'s about his leadership over the years. When you have been a four year starter and an all american for three years but have yet to be voted a team captain by your peers...it makes me scratch my head a little.
no love for D linemen I guess.