September 4th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Out today:

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Lol

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Is there anyone who actually takes the coaches poll seriously? It's apparent that the people doing the voting don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Rankings - FCS Coaches Poll

Last Updated - September 4, 2017
FCS Coaches Poll

FCS Coaches PollSTATS FCS Top 25Simple Ratings System

RANK
TEAM
RECORD

RANK
TEAM
RECORD

James Madison
1-0

North Dakota State
1-0

Sam Houston State
1-0

South Dakota State
1-0

Jacksonville State
1-0

T-6
Youngstown State
0-1

T-6
Eastern Washington
0-1

Villanova
1-0

Richmond
0-1

Wofford
1-0

North Dakota
0-1

New Hampshire
1-0

The Citadel
1-0

Chattanooga
0-1

Illinois State
1-0

Central Arkansas
0-1

Samford
1-0

Charleston Southern
0-1

Lehigh
0-1

Weber State
1-0

T-21
Northern Iowa
0-1

T-21
North Carolina A&T
1-0

Grambling State
0-1

Tennessee State
--
1-0

Colgate
--
1-0

Others receiving votes: Western Illinois (55), Montana (48), Howard (35), South Dakota (35), Nicholls State (32), Portland State (23), Jackson State (21), Eastern Illinois (21), N.C. Central (18), Delaware (17), Cal Poly (14), San Diego (11), Prairie View A&M (10), Harvard (8), Southeastern Louisiana (7), William and Mary (6), Towson (6), McNeese State (6), Fordham (5), Dayton (5), Northern Arizona (4), Mercer (2), Albany (1), Saint Francis (1), Hampton (1).

RabidRabbit
September 4th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Out today:

Overall, this is a decent poll, except for Grambling still in.

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 12:17 PM

They weren't impressive at all in their game against Tulane.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 4th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Garbage poll.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 12:39 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/022/508/C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I guess sdsu garbage win was more impressive then jsu's based on the leapfrog?

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I also want to know who the f*** voted for Hampton? xconfusedx

grizband
September 4th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Someone thinking it was Howard...?

Sitting Bull
September 4th, 2017, 01:12 PM
From a CAA perspective:
Stony Brook gets zip after scaring a top 25 FBS team on the road?
UNH moves up 4 spots after sneaking past Maine in home game?
Towson gets votes after beating Morgan State at home by 10?

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 01:19 PM
From a CAA perspective:

I put stony brook on mine #22

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2017, 01:30 PM

I think your on to something

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2017, 01:42 PM

Do you think JSU is better than SDSU?

KPSUL
September 4th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Lol

Really ? I think it is one of the better Coaches Poll we've seen. To me, nothing I see is ridiculously out of line except for not having Western Ill. solidly in the top 25.

kymoc91
September 4th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Although I love my Mocs, I am surprised they only dropped us to 14.

ASU33
September 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM

Who in the h*ll keeps voting for Jackson State?

ElCid
September 4th, 2017, 03:16 PM

I had Stoney Brook in my preseason at 25. I will admit they dropped out this week, although not by much. It was more of "I wanted others in," than it was "to have them out."

I think they make some noise in the CAA.

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Who in the h*ll keeps voting for Jackson State?

These HBCU voters man.

Milktruck74
September 4th, 2017, 04:13 PM
I'll fess up....sometimes I get to 25 and I'm like, "WTF???? I have just spent some serious time ranking the top 24 teams in the country, let's see if anyone is paying attention!!!!" At that point I toss a bone to an up and comer (that 40-60 team that might get there)....I know I shouldn't, but I think about how those kids feel when they see a vote!!!! hahahaha.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2017, 04:34 PM

No.

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 04:38 PM

Not personally, but JSU was higher originally on this poll, had a quality win, and got leapfrogged by a team with a bs win.

Kemo
September 4th, 2017, 05:46 PM

I would guess that the Jackrabbit victory resonated with the Northeast voting block more than the Gamecocks' win over Chattanooga.

While the Dukes are far from world beaters, Duquesne was the preseason pick to win the NEC. Northeast Conference coaches (in actuality SIDs and interns) are likely less familiar with South Dakota State's football program and were probably a little startled by the point differential of the game.

Meanwhile, the JSU/Chatt game was a regional match up in which voters who were familiar with one team were likely well aware of the other, so the result wasn't that seismic on a national scale.

KPSUL
September 4th, 2017, 05:57 PM
From a CAA perspective:

Stony Brook is the most inconsistent team in the CAA; just when you think they may become a force, they'll lose 3-4 straight. They have had defensive players that are as good as anyone in FCS, yet they manage to lose at least 1/2 their conference games every year.

I guess we'll see how a 1 point win over Maine stacks up as the season progresses and the Black Bears plays other conference games. I can accept the argument that UNH is a bit high, but tell us who deserves to be rated higher?

JayMYou
September 4th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Really ? I think it is one of the better Coaches Poll we've seen. To me, nothing I see is ridiculously out of line except for not having Western Ill. solidly in the top 25.

I think you guys are good but you won by a missed PAT at home. You move up four spots and Maine doesn't get a single vote as if you're that far apart?

Go...gate
September 4th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Nice to see Colgate back in there.

number1
September 4th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Why is Jackson State receiving 21 votes after losing 63-0? lol

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2017, 11:48 PM
I bet they were meant for us but they just don't KNOW THE FREAKING DIFFERENCE. We have that problem a lot down here in Florida.

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2017, 04:38 AM

are they playing North Dak State this year?

Sitting Bull
September 5th, 2017, 04:54 AM
Stony Brook is the most inconsistent team in the CAA; just when you think they may become a force, they'll lose 3-4 straight. They have had defensive players that are as good as anyone in FCS, yet they manage to lose at least 1/2 their conference games every year.

I guess we'll see how a 1 point win over Maine stacks up as the season progresses and the Black Bears plays other conference games. I can accept the argument that UNH is a bit high, but tell us who deserves to be rated higher?

My comment wasn't on the actual rank, more the fact UNH rose 4 spots with a result that was expected, if not actually below expectations (based on Sagarin, as example).

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 05:08 AM
Lol

I know right! JMU No 1? What a joke! LOL!!!

PAllen
September 5th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Out today:

Are we back to the coaches not being able to differentiate between UND and NDSU again?

DeltaDevil662
September 5th, 2017, 09:11 AM

So we are gonna just ignore the fact that Tulane is in the AAC or is this the usual passive aggressive racist stuff that goes on in here?

And of course you gonna have a MEAC lackey that agreed

Glad to see that Grambling is still ranked. You don't drop out of the rankings for losing to a FBS school (unless you are a HBCU according to most in here)

Glad to see Tennessee State ranked as well but Howard should be ranked

JSUSoutherner
September 5th, 2017, 09:20 AM
So we are gonna just ignore the fact that Tulane is in the AAC or is this the usual passive aggressive racist stuff that goes on in here?

Glad to see that Grambling is still ranked. You don't drop out of the rankings for losing to a FBS school (unless you are a HBCU according to most in here)

Goes on in HERE? You realize the AGS has NCAT and Howard ranked, right? TSU on the cusp of being ranked.

As for Grambling being the only team that falls after an FBS loss, EWU fell five spots for getting stomped by Texas Tech. Are we also racist against white people or did EWU quietly become an HBCU?

Thundar
September 5th, 2017, 09:22 AM

really???? pulling the F*$!#ng race card about a FB poll??

- - - Updated - - -

Goes on in HERE? You realize the AGS has NCAT and Howard ranked, right? TSU on the cusp of being ranked.

As for Grambling being the only team that falls after an FBS loss, EWU fell five spots for getting stomped by Texas Tech. Are we also racist against white people or did EWU quietly become and HBCU?

lol...racists that just kills me

ElCid
September 5th, 2017, 09:22 AM

No. And please take your political fantasies to the politics board. The teams are ranked pretty well based on the teams performance, opponent strength,and consistency and nothing else.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2017, 09:44 AM

You are wrong.

AggieManiac704
September 5th, 2017, 10:58 AM
....well....that escalated

WestCoastAggie
September 5th, 2017, 11:16 AM
....well....that escalated

Right. Say one thing about Grambling and get called a MEAC lackey.

Where they do that at?

https://media.tenor.com/images/74e7ce0e0aaf2b170d74596c1dc322d1/tenor.gif

Bison56
September 5th, 2017, 11:21 AM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--6G7u532l3Y/V6K9OPJDKpI/AAAAAAAAAzU/x1y-l4lwyecSLBsu7rKXBFvFTh1vgvMyQCLcB/s320/meme%2Bha%25CC%2580i%2Bh%25C6%25B0%25C6%25A1%25CC% 2581c%2B8.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbgrbfuY7WAhXphVQKHVj7DUUQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvngamez.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F41 116-Nhu-ng-hi-nh-a-nh-troll-ha-i-huo-c-tren-facenook.html&psig=AFQjCNEnANFOz8S8loIQh12WITOdCrPTwQ&ust=1504714837208238)

Serpentor
September 5th, 2017, 11:38 AM

Racism everywhere!!! In our schools, our government, our football polls, our breakfast cereals!!!!

OhioHen
September 5th, 2017, 11:54 AM
So we are gonna just ignore the fact that Tulane is in the AAC

Grambling lost by 29 to an average team from an average league. Nothing to see here.

Some results from the all-powerful AAC:
Cincinnati - only beat Austin Peay by 12
Connecticut - had to rally to beat Holy Cross by 7
Temple - lost by 33
Tulsa - lost by 35

And don't forget that East Carolina lost by 20 in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the final score made it seem.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Sound poll. Makes sense.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Not personally, but JSU was higher originally on this poll, had a quality win, and got leapfrogged by a team with a bs win.

I'm glad to hear you say that. Finally someone with perspective.

dewey
September 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
I bet they were meant for us but they just don't KNOW THE FREAKING DIFFERENCE. We have that problem a lot down here in Florida.

Lazy voters. It has happened to NDSU before plus other schools.

Dewey

Daytripper
September 5th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Lazy voters. It has happened to NDSU before plus other schools.

Dewey

I know! South Dakota State keeps getting votes that were meant for Sam Houston State! Come on, people! :D

dewey
September 5th, 2017, 01:03 PM
I know! South Dakota State keeps getting votes that were meant for Sam Houston State! Come on, people! :D

LOL! Well played.

Dewey

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Jackson State won a game since October 22, 2016 but they're getting votes. I see major issues with this.

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Jackson State won a game since October 22, 2016 but they're getting votes. I see major issues with this.

They may be thinking Jacksonville St perhaps?

Serpentor
September 5th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Clearly Coaches think they're primed for a comeback...

Go Green
September 5th, 2017, 02:32 PM

Probably same reasons why Fordham is getting votes after losing 64-6.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2017, 03:12 PM
SWAC football is largely a complete joke compared to other FCS peers. Similarly ranking Pioneer teams that wouldn't finish anywhere but last in full scholly leagues as well. There will ALWAYS be 25 more deserving teams in the FCS to select over them.

Thumper 76
September 5th, 2017, 03:13 PM

Jesus, so you won't post about a game your team you supposedly support was in but you'll bitch about the polls and try to push racism? Man, if my team just got beat by 70 I would pretend that there weren't any national polls.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 5th, 2017, 03:19 PM

Living life as a hammer must be depressing. Everything is a nail. Tragic, really.

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 03:19 PM
SWAC football is largely a complete joke compared to other FCS peers. Similarly ranking Pioneer teams that wouldn't finish anywhere but last in full scholly leagues as well. There will ALWAYS be 25 more deserving teams in the FCS to select over them.

Just very interested in how the SWAC is the league that you choose to call out when I can name several other leagues who don't contribute or win anything outside of their league games but they somehow get a pass in your mind.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Good post! I've often picked up on the scent of bigotry in some of these "Non-diverse" fan bases. I support this post. I mean, it should be illegal for that many Blonde Hair, blue eyed people to gather together in such a large horde. I've always said that.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Just very interested in how the SWAC is the league that you choose to call out when I can name several other leagues who don't contribute or win anything outside of their league games but they somehow get a pass in your mind.

I think it is because the jump off point for this recent discussion came from/because of a SWAC team and the alleged racism in not seeing them as top 25?

Alleging racism in this instance was just a really dumb thing to set a fire I suppose but it does get attention and unfortuanately it also causes some collateral damage that is completely unnecessary and in 02's case I'm pretty sure not intended toward you.

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I think it is because the jump off point for this recent discussion came from/because of a SWAC team and the alleged racism in not seeing them as top 25?

Alleging racism in this instance was just a really dumb thing to set a fire I suppose but it does get attention and unfortuanately it also causes some collateral damage that is completely unnecessary and in 02's case I'm pretty sure not intended toward you.

I didn't understand that one at all. That one still has me confused.xconfusedx

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I didn't understand that one at all. That one still has me confused.xconfusedx

Think about it for a minute..

Look at all of the posters from fan bases on here that always stick up for each other and look at the schools they show respect for and those that they don't. You will notice that the schools that have fan bases that "look like them" always tend to get the benefit of the doubt and support. However, schools from areas of the country that are far more diverse and don't "look as much like them" then you see how they get treated. You see, my theory is that bigotry can be so deep seeded in some people that they can't even see it in themselves...it's just how the "club" has always operated.

Good for you for pointing that out.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2017, 04:10 PM
We ain't doing poli on the FCS board so let's leave it at mk's last post and move away from it going forward.

Redbird 4th & short
September 5th, 2017, 04:24 PM

if Stoney Brook can figure out how to score some points, they will be in the hunt for playoff bid for sure this year. South FL can put up some points. SB defense looks to be very legit again this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2017, 04:27 PM
if Stoney Brook can figure out how to score some points, they will be in the hunt for playoff bid for sure this year. That defense looks to be very legit.

SB has a habit of making offense difficult for others it seems like lately.

TennBison
September 5th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Still not as bad as the NCAA sending championship material to the wrong school. NDSU constantly being confused with UND, thank god only by name.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2017, 08:00 PM

I can and have too....i find the SWAC and Pioneer equally "worthless" in the FCS landscape. DI counter wins and "one and done" mercenaries NDSU can contract for tune ups. See MVSU, Prairie View, Butler, Delaware St. and Robert Morris as well....

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 08:01 PM
I can and have too....i find the SWAC and Pioneer equally "worthless" in the FCS landscape. DI counter wins and "one and done" mercenaries NDSU can contract for tune ups. See MVSU, Prairie View, Butler, Delaware St. and Robert Morris as well....

At least Pioneer competes in FCS.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2017, 08:02 PM
At least Pioneer competes in FCS.

Barely.

Too soon Cal Poly? :D

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Barely.

Too soon Cal Poly? :D

How about this - At least they send their champion to the FCS playoffs..?

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Here it is....based on current members all time...hopefully I don't miss any.

SWAC:

1965: NDSU vs Grambling - 20-7 (Pecan Bowl NDSU win)
2006: MVSU @ NDSU - 45-0
2007: NDSU @ MVSU - 58-7
2012: Prairie View @ NDSU - 66-7
2017: MVSU @ NDSU - 72-7

MEAC:

2010: Morgan State @ NDSU - 35-9
2013: Delaware State @ NDSU - 51-0

Pioneer (WTF....haha):

1955: NDSU @ Drake - 6-28
1957: NDSU @ Dayton - 6-40 (d'ok haha)
1962: NDSU @ Drake - 6-40
2004: Valpo @ NDSU - 52-0
2016: San Diego @ NDSU - 45-7

NEC:

2008: CCSU @ NDSU - 50-14
2009: Wagner @ NDSU - 59-28
2010: RMU @ NDSU - 43-17
2012: RMU @ NDSU - 52-0
2012: St. Francis @ NDSU - 56-3

The theme? Other than some old Pioneer games back when those programs probably cared about football, these 4 conferences don't exactly compete when we've seen them. I'd list the Ivy, but we've never played one....and like the SWAC/MEAC, they are not playoff concerns...

Here's the Patriot history as well...

Patriot:

2011: Lafayette @ NDSU - 42-6
2011: Lehigh @ NDSU - 24-0

Not enough sample there....a shade more than Ivy.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 5th, 2017, 08:53 PM
I wish my Red Flash could have another shot at NDSU to showcase how much we have improved since 2012.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2017, 08:56 PM
I wish my Red Flash could have another shot at NDSU to showcase how much we have improved since 2012.

They have our #....give us a call.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 5th, 2017, 09:02 PM
They have our #....give us a call.

You all should come to Loretto. I will show you around. We have the body of a soon to be saint.

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 09:03 PM
You all should come to Loretto. I will show you around. We have the body of a soon to be saint.

Hillary is dead?

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 5th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Hillary is dead?

She is the farthest thing from a saint. Prince Gallitzin just rolled over in his grave because of your suggestion.

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM
She is the farthest thing from a saint. Prince Gallitzin just rolled over in his grave because of your suggestion.

Oh, I was grasping at who in the Northeast is a pending saint....I figured it was either her or Obama, and as far as I know Obama doesn't hit the fags hard enough to get lung cancer.

Professor
September 7th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hilarious thread to say the least.