PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs GSU Saturday September 9th 6pm (ESPN3)

UNHWildcat18
September 3rd, 2017, 07:23 PM
Does anyone think UNH has a chance vs the GATA? I personally think they do if our QB was exceptional, which he's not....

Seeing all the #notastadium in the EWU thread is UNH, stadium or not a stadium?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25999&stc=1

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 09:05 PM
Its a better #NotAStadium then the Ruptured Hemorrhoid.

Does anyone think UNH has a chance vs the GATA? I personally think they do if our QB was exceptional, which he's not....

WrenFGun
September 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
I watched much of the first half, and I thought Georgia Southern's defense was competent and let down by an offense that seemed to have no idea what they were doing. The athletes will be better, but I suspect Ga. Southern will still struggle a bit to score.

I still expect them to win, though. If UNH had a competent quarterback, I could see them as a threat, but I don't think Knight can throw on Ga. Southern's athletes. I'd expect something like 27-7 if I were to guess.

OL FU
September 4th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Take some gnat sprayxnodx

UNHWildcat18
September 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I watched much of the first half, and I thought Georgia Southern's defense was competent and let down by an offense that seemed to have no idea what they were doing. The athletes will be better, but I suspect Ga. Southern will still struggle a bit to score.

I still expect them to win, though. If UNH had a competent quarterback, I could see them as a threat, but I don't think Knight can throw on Ga. Southern's athletes. I'd expect something like 27-7 if I were to guess.

Maybe knight will get benched if he sucks early

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2017, 09:44 PM
This should be a good game. Georgia Southern is likely a middling Sun Belt team while I think UNH is in for a big year. If the Wildcats are well conditioned allowing them to last 60 minutes in the Georgia humidity I think they can pull out a win.

ElCid
September 4th, 2017, 10:38 PM
I actually think NH could win this. GaSo is in a bit of a slump. I am not sure of NHs QB situation, but if they can contain GaSo still potent running game a bit, stop a few drives, and keep it close......maybe. They may have floundered against Auburn, but they will surely straighten out a few things this week in practice. They only had 78 total yards all game against Auburn! Ouch! Forecast to cool down a bit by next weekend as well, low 80s. And not that it is a big game the following week, but they might be caught looking ahead to their Big Ten match up against Indiana. Not that Indiana would be a marquis victory, but beating a Big Ten team in general may have them distracted and NH might be off their radar.

Mattymc727
September 5th, 2017, 06:34 AM
UNH wont win this game. While both teams are struggling with finding an offensive identify, Georgia Southern has much more talent to get over the hump than UNH does. The depth will win over in the end.

I do agree that if UNH had a QB of the past, UNH would probably win this game.

KPSUL
September 5th, 2017, 11:41 AM
When UNH plays south of Virginia they frequently play in the remnants of a Hurricane. Could happen again. I only know of 4 previous games south of Virginia and UNH has won all of them. Elon (2), GA So, and Bethune Cookman.

MR. CHICKEN
September 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM
....MAYBEAH...YER 'CATS......SHOOD DRINK...SOME UH DAT.....CRICK WA-WA........UPON...ARRIVAL...........:p.......AWK!

DirtyDukes
September 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Rootin for you Cats but head says Eagles

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2017, 05:49 PM
In case any extra motivation were necessary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nycNgX4SU

KPSUL
September 6th, 2017, 07:44 PM
ESPN changed the start time for the UNH @ GA SO from 6:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Nothing posted on either school's athletic website.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2017, 08:22 PM
http://www.gseagles.com/news/2017/9/6/game-alert-georgia-southern-new-hampshire-football-game-moved-to-birmingham.aspx

The game will be played at Legion Field in Birmingham.

walliver
September 6th, 2017, 08:23 PM
The game may be played in a hurricane.

Many GSU fans are pulling for UNH so they can fire their coach.

This could be a good low scoring game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Man, I hope everyone is safe. Not sure if this one really needs to be played....

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2017, 08:29 PM
The game may be played in a hurricane.

Many GSU fans are pulling for UNH so they can fire their coach.

This could be a good low scoring game.

If the hurricane is going to reach that part of Alabama, it will probably be Wednesday next week at the earliest.

Right now it looks a lot more like it's going to hit Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

walliver
September 6th, 2017, 08:33 PM
http://www.gseagles.com/news/2017/9/6/game-alert-georgia-southern-new-hampshire-football-game-moved-to-birmingham.aspx

The game will be played at Legion Field in Birmingham.

No offense intended, but will anybody be there, or will it be like those European soccer games where fans aren't allowed.

I guess B'ham isn't that far from Atlanta.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Related note: The FIU-Alcorn State is also going to be played in Birmingham this weekend.

Any chance we can play FIU and Alcorn and UNH can play each other instead? I honestly think we've got a better chance against FIU than UNH.

EDIT - that game is on Friday.

No offense intended, but will anybody be there, or will it be like those European soccer games where fans aren't allowed.

I guess B'ham isn't that far from Atlanta.

Maybe if some of our fans travel down from Atlanta, but no, I would not expect a big crowd here.

UNHWildcat18
September 6th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Related note: The FIU-Alcorn State is also going to be played in Birmingham this weekend.

Any chance we can play FIU and Alcorn and UNH can play each other instead? I honestly think we've got a better chance against FIU than UNH.

EDIT - that game is on Friday.

Maybe if some of our fans travel down from Atlanta, but no, I would not expect a big crowd here.

Can we play FIU instead of you guys lol?

citdog
September 6th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I REALLY hope these damn yankee sons of bitches can channel the war criminal sherman and go through pig's ass like it was 1864. Not an EASY thing for me to say but nobody deserves it more than that South Georgia clayeater white trash...

WrenFGun
September 7th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Well, I was going to make my first trip to Georgia for the game. Now I make my first trip to an empty stadium in ... Birmingham, AL. Crazy. We'll see if I can get there.

walliver
September 7th, 2017, 09:22 AM
I REALLY hope these damn yankee sons of bitches can channel the war criminal sherman and go through pig's ass like it was 1864. Not an EASY thing for me to say but nobody deserves it more than that South Georgia clayeater white trash...

"sandlapper" probably evolved from people eating clay - just sayin'.

UNIFanSince1983
September 7th, 2017, 09:22 AM

I believe the track makes that #NotAStadium

Mattymc727
September 7th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I think this favors UNH. Georgia Southern now gets to play a home game hundreds of miles away in another state, with nobody there. Its now basically a glorified scrimmage that counts in the standings!

walliver
September 7th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I think this favors UNH. Georgia Southern now gets to play a home game hundreds of miles away in another state, with nobody there. Its now basically a glorified scrimmage that counts in the standings!

Student attendance will be poor. On the other hand, most GSU alumni live in Atlanta and Birmingham is probably closer than Statesboro. On the third hand, nobody wants to go to Birmingham.

Mattymc727
September 7th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Student attendance will be poor. On the other hand, most GSU alumni live in Atlanta and Birmingham is probably closer than Statesboro. On the third hand, nobody wants to go to Birmingham.

Not to mention the team actually has to get on the bus and make a trip out of it. This cant be sitting well with the team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2017, 10:12 AM
I'll be shocked if UNH is not in this game until the end. I pay attention to GSU from afar and their offense is truly a mess. Their fan base pretty much universally wants Tyson Summers replaced with an option first coach. The Eagles have not transitioned well to FBS. They had that 1 good year but overall their devoid of talent and an identity. They've become just another SBC program.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 7th, 2017, 10:24 AM
I'll be shocked if UNH is not in this game until the end. I pay attention to GSU from afar and their offense is truly a mess. Their fan base pretty much universally wants Tyson Summers replaced with an option first coach. The Eagles have not transitioned well to FBS. They had that 1 good year but overall their devoid of talent and an identity. They've become just another SBC program.

Not sure what you're basing any of this on. We're the first team ever to run the table in conference their first year in FBS, tied with App State as the quickest to get a bowl win. If you buy into recruiting rankings we've got a better roster than any team in the Sun Belt except Arkansas State. Athletics revenue has doubled since we moved up. We'll be fine. Just made a very ill-advised hire when there were guys like Jamey Chadwell, Mike Houston, John Grass, and Russ Huesman available.

But I agree that there's no reason UNH can't win the game. The offense isn't doing that well right now, but there's not much new about that on years with lots of inexperience (see 2002, 2005, 2010, 2012).

ElCid
September 7th, 2017, 10:33 AM
The game just leveled a bit with the move. Might be a slobber knocker now. GSU always had a edge due to its roster, but distractions will play a part now. Got to see who can focus better.

KPSUL
September 7th, 2017, 11:33 AM

Disappointed that I won't get to visit "Pig-Ass" Georgia, and I've been to Birmingham many times. Statesboro and GA So. is a historic mecca of 1AA/FCS football regardless of any cultural deficiency.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Not sure what you're basing any of this on. We're the first team ever to run the table in conference their first year in FBS, tied with App State as the quickest to get a bowl win. If you buy into recruiting rankings we've got a better roster than any team in the Sun Belt except Arkansas State. Athletics revenue has doubled since we moved up. We'll be fine. Just made a very ill-advised hire when there were guys like Jamey Chadwell, Mike Houston, John Grass, and Russ Huesman available.

But I agree that there's no reason UNH can't win the game. The offense isn't doing that well right now, but there's not much new about that on years with lots of inexperience (see 2002, 2005, 2010, 2012).

I know GSU entered the SBC playing really good football but last year was ugly and this year doesn't figure to be much better. The Eagles are trending towards mediocrity far more than they are towards the upper half of FBS. They can't afford to be lost in the shuffle given how many obstacles they already face relative to most of FBS. It will be interesting to see how the next 3-5 years play out in Statesboro. Can GSU be a relevant FBS program?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 7th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I know GSU entered the SBC playing really good football but last year was ugly and this year doesn't figure to be much better. The Eagles are trending towards mediocrity far more than they are towards the upper half of FBS. They can't afford to be lost in the shuffle given how many obstacles they already face relative to most of FBS. It will be interesting to see how the next 3-5 years play out in Statesboro. Can GSU be a relevant FBS program?

You know you're in good shape when you've just entered FBS and you consider 5-7 a catastrophe...

Focusing on what is 100% the result of coaching is looking at the noise and not the signal.

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I 16 is opening for contra-flow on Saturday.

That is, the only major thoroughfare that connects Statesboro to the rest of civilization will be only westbound traffic in both directions.

citdog
September 7th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I 16 is opening for contra-flow on Saturday.

That is, the only major thoroughfare that connects Statesboro to the rest of civilization will be only westbound traffic in both directions.

I hope, for other areas on that road, that the residents of pig's ass return home after the threat is gone and don't decide to remain where there are modern conveniences like flush toilets and toothbrushes.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2017, 01:39 PM
As an FCS nerd, so much of this matchup involved UNH returning to the "scene of the crime" in 2004. Now, it's a scrimmage in an empty stadium hundreds of miles away, which I think UNH can win.

The CAA has 1 FBS upset already (JMU over ECU), and have a terrific chance for upsets both here (UNH over Georgia Southern) and in Philadelphia (Villanova over Temple).

dgtw
September 7th, 2017, 02:57 PM

It is about the same distance to both places. It is free to get in, but I don't see a huge crowd showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
September 8th, 2017, 12:19 AM
As an FCS nerd, so much of this matchup involved UNH returning to the "scene of the crime" in 2004. Now, it's a scrimmage in an empty stadium hundreds of miles away, which I think UNH can win.

The CAA has 1 FBS upset already (JMU over ECU), and have a terrific chance for upsets both here (UNH over Georgia Southern) and in Philadelphia (Villanova over Temple).

I have been questioning why its about 50/50 on the UNH GSU picks for week 2. UNH is good on both sides but without decent QB play, the defense won't contain them all game. I hope I'm wrong on my pick though.

KPSUL
September 8th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I have been questioning why its about 50/50 on the UNH GSU picks for week 2. UNH is good on both sides but without decent QB play, the defense won't contain them all game. I hope I'm wrong on my pick though.

I think it is more like 25/75 on the CAA Pick'em thread. I picked UNH, but I refuse to pick against them when I had to change travel plans at the last minute and I am going to Birmingham, AL for no other reason than the football game. CAA games I can travel to and from in 1 day and UNH home games I'll pick without the homer focus.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 8th, 2017, 11:55 AM

We've got more talent than Lehigh TU Owl apparently thinks we do.

The big problem with us is that it's going to take a bit of time for the OL to gel with the blocking scheme and for our new QB to get comfortable. I don't have much doubt Auburn has a top 10 FBS defensive unit, but nothing on the offense was as fluid as it needed to be.

Also, you can't feel too great with questionable coaching going up against who I think is one of the most underrated coaches in the whole country at any level.

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 03:37 PM
UNH up 15-0 1st Quarter.

cx500d
September 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
UNH up 15-0 1st Quarter.

Awesome!

centennial
September 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM
UNH up 15-0 1st Quarter.
Lol

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Not surprising!!

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 04:08 PM
O'Connor with a nice TD catch. UNH up 22-0

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 04:19 PM
UNH 22-0 at the half

citdog
September 9th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Pigs Ass should see if the SoCon would have them back. The schmeckle measuring contest with UGA and Tech is OBVIOUSLY a failure. Hell the REAL GSU in Atlanta is better. How long until the students rebel against this failure done with their fees going up by 500%?

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Oh, how the "mighty" have fallen.

citdog
September 9th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Pigs Ass, GA "We all FBS and ****." Lol

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 05:16 PM
22-3 1 min left in 3rd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Georgia Southern threw all that tradition away....for what?

citdog
September 9th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Georgia Southern threw all that tradition away....for what?

You gotta lot of nerve Bro. This is "one of those games that should nevef be scheduled the fbs is FAR superior to FCS" you said. Seriously **** right off BRO....

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Kicker takes it out of the end zone so GSU doesn't get a short field. 22-5 UNH

Go Lehigh TU owl
You gotta lot of nerve Bro. This is "one of those games that should nevef be scheduled the fbs is FAR superior to FCS" you said. Seriously **** right off BRO....

I said before the game started I thought UNH has a chance. WTH are you talking about?

Do they have math at The Citadel? Is so please add up FCS's record vs FBS this year. I think my point will be made....

dwtime
End of 3rd quarter.

citdog
September 9th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I said before the game started I thought UNH has a chance. WTH are you talking about?

Do they have math at The Citadel? Is so please add up FCS's record vs FBS this year. I think my point will be made....

Your a douche who made comments about the FCS that would have been well received on the board of that cute little fbs in name only conference Temple plays in yet expect nobody here to remember them? **** RIGHT OFF BRO

GodHelpTheBears
September 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM
This one doesn't surprise me - UNH is generally well coached, Georgia Southern...isn't, at least these days.

If they keep floundering in the Sun Belt they'll just pull an Idaho. Plenty of conferences down south they can join.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Your a douche who made comments about the FCS that would have been well received on the board of that cute little fbs in name only conference Temple plays in yet expect nobody here to remember them? **** RIGHT OFF BRO

Keep showing your wonderful character as a human being. Something is obviously bugging you tonight so you feel the need to take it to AGS and troll a message board. Carry on...I rather focus on the great performance UNH is putting forth...

citdog
September 9th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Keep showing your wonderful character as a human being. Something is obviously bugging you tonight so you feel the need to take it to AGS and troll a message board. Carry on...I rather focus on the great performance UNH is putting forth...

Nope we won by 6 touchdowns. I dislike all the **** you talked about how "superior" the fbs is all offseason and yet have the stones to parade through threads like you didn't.

UNHFan
September 9th, 2017, 05:40 PM
You can see by my name!! BAD CALL!!! But Ill take it

UNHFan
September 9th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Worst coach!! Ever!!! Do the math!!! 3 and out is ok!!!! RUN!!!

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 05:45 PM
about 8 and a half minutes left. UNH 22-5

UNHFan
September 9th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Dude!!! Worst coach REALLY?? lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have mutiple people USING MY IMAC!!!! lol These UNH Parties get crazy

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Dude!!! Worst coach REALLY?? lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have mutiple people USING MY IMAC!!!! lol These UNH Parties get crazy

wat?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2017, 05:59 PM
1st down UNH!!

Vermont
September 9th, 2017, 06:05 PM
UNH wins a big one. Big plays when needed on Offense (esp first half). Defense rises for entire game

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2017, 06:06 PM
GSU turns it over on downs, UNH wins! They've had a FBS dry spell lately (played some tough teams) but get back in the win column against the Eagles.

UNHWildcat18
September 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Well I was wrong! **** yeah UNH another FBS scalp for the CAA!

dwtime
September 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Well I was wrong! **** yeah UNH another FBS scalp for the CAA!

xthumbsupx

ElCid
September 9th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Nice! I knew they could win. Congrats New Hampshire!

WrenFGun
September 9th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hell yeah! Made the trip!

Reign of Terrier
September 9th, 2017, 06:18 PM
If GSU wanted to lose to teams like New Hampshire, why did they move up?

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2017, 06:21 PM
If GSU wanted to lose to teams like New Hampshire, why did they move up?

No idea....maybe they should stick with G5 and BCS money games.

Schism55
September 9th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Well done UNH! Congrats, enjoy it!!

tigonian02
September 9th, 2017, 09:48 PM
This AD and this coach need to go ASAP

https://twitter.com/gatabeltcrusher/status/906672790857830401
(https://twitter.com/gatabeltcrusher/status/906672790857830401)
https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/906636118761897985

At least it's getting good attention. Congrats to UNH on the win. You've done your part in bringing attention to the atrocities that are going on at GS right now. Last year was bad, this year is surely worse.

Gangtackle11
September 10th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Congrats to the Northern Wildcats!! Way to FCS/CAA rep!!

walliver
September 10th, 2017, 09:14 AM
This one doesn't surprise me - UNH is generally well coached, Georgia Southern...isn't, at least these days.

If they keep floundering in the Sun Belt they'll just pull an Idaho. Plenty of conferences down south they can join.

The Big South always needs members.
The SoCon doesn't need them.
They're too far East for the OVC or Southland.
The MEAC may be an option.

After this coach is fired, they will bounce back to be a middle of the pack Belch team, and they are never voluntarily returning to FCS.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 10th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Have to agree, way to go UNH and the CAA. Makes me think what we did to Bryant today, 60-12, makes us legit this year. Week off and then the Dukies!!!

BisonFan02
September 10th, 2017, 09:32 AM
The Big South always needs members.
The SoCon doesn't need them.
They're too far East for the OVC or Southland.
The MEAC may be an option.

After this coach is fired, they will bounce back to be a middle of the pack Belch team, and they are never voluntarily returning to FCS.

This. They will discontinue their football program before they ever go back down. Too much pride in the way.

DoWe
September 10th, 2017, 10:09 AM

I disagree about your Idaho comparison. GS will continue their coaching carousel and remain in the Sun Belt. There's currently not another "down south" conference comprised of schools similar to them in size and scope. Win or lose, the Sun Belt is best fit for them right now.

To my knowledge, Idaho is moving to a conference comprised of schools similar in size and scope that is also more regionally appealing. That's a huge difference.

milleniumkat
September 10th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Outstanding by UNH

tigonian02
September 10th, 2017, 07:57 PM
This. They will discontinue their football program before they ever go back down. Too much pride in the way.
This is true. Lackluster production will continue until the coach is dismissed. He has no business being a HC. This little experiment shouldn't have ever been done at a school with so much pride as GSU. All this breaks down into a situation where an AD was too prideful and arrogant to stop butting heads with the previous HC. Said HC said screw you and left. Instead of looking for a proven HC, AD now looks for a fresh coach that is young, from close by, and can be manipulated...finds a coach with 1 year of experience (and ironically was on Vangorder's GSU staff that went 3-9...wtf) as a DC and pulls him in. Lays an egg last year and is looking to lay a bigger egg and a turd this year. Like I said earlier...congrats on the win UNH, but we may not win a game this year. BTW, our first offensive TD of the year was yesterday...8 quarters...for a Georgia Southern team...let that sink in...and I believe it was against some of your backups. We are dead last in yards per play in FBS right now...this coach is a dead man walking.

citdog
September 10th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Hey Pigs Ass I hear Mike Sewak is looking for a coaching gig...

DoWe
September 10th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Hey Pigs Ass I hear Mike Sewak is looking for a coaching gig...
I think Sewak is a decent person and a good coach. After what they did to him I hope and trust he would never take another coaching gig in gnatsboro for any amount they could afford to pay him.

citdog
September 10th, 2017, 08:36 PM
I think Sewak is a decent person and a good coach. After what they did to him I hope and trust he would never take another coaching gig in gnatsboro for any amount they could afford to pay him.

Dude was like 30 games over .500 there. Time, and a check, heals all wounds...

BisonFan02
September 10th, 2017, 08:42 PM
This is true. Lackluster production will continue until the coach is dismissed. He has no business being a HC. This little experiment shouldn't have ever been done at a school with so much pride as GSU. All this breaks down into a situation where an AD was too prideful and arrogant to stop butting heads with the previous HC. Said HC said screw you and left. Instead of looking for a proven HC, AD now looks for a fresh coach that is young, from close by, and can be manipulated...finds a coach with 1 year of experience (and ironically was on Vangorder's GSU staff that went 3-9...wtf) as a DC and pulls him in. Lays an egg last year and is looking to lay a bigger egg and a turd this year. Like I said earlier...congrats on the win UNH, but we may not win a game this year. BTW, our first offensive TD of the year was yesterday...8 quarters...for a Georgia Southern team...let that sink in...and I believe it was against some of your backups. We are dead last in yards per play in FBS right now...this coach is a dead man walking.

Fits the Sunbelt mold.

G5 Football: Expensive and Average.

DoWe
September 10th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Dude was like 30 games over .500 there. Time, and a check, heals all wounds...
I would demand a guarantee held in escrow.