PDA

View Full Version : HOWARD UNIVERSITY defeats UNLV 43-40

R.A.
September 3rd, 2017, 12:47 AM
It's the biggest upset in college football history according to Vegas...

A very proud Bison right here folks...

HailSzczur
September 3rd, 2017, 12:49 AM
I thought this was a joke at first. Congrats, this is absolutely insane!

GoBlueHens83
September 3rd, 2017, 01:05 AM
Good win for the Bison! Congrats!

ETSUfan1
September 3rd, 2017, 01:10 AM
45 point dogs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty
September 3rd, 2017, 01:27 AM
Congrats!

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 01:35 AM
Nice game!

Panther88
September 3rd, 2017, 02:08 AM
BISON! Congrats. And, congrats to HU extending the offer to Cam Newton's young brother (Cailyn - QB) who set unlv on fire earlier. :D

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2017, 06:04 AM
I guess UNLV will be looking for a new coach next week.

WestCoastAggie
September 3rd, 2017, 06:10 AM
Yikes! What a way for Mike London to make his welcome to D.C., the MEAC and the FCS ranks.

I just hope they land on a few voter's rankings.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 3rd, 2017, 06:45 AM
One guy all by himself!

Awesome job, not quite the magnitude of App State-Michigan on the national level but it is certainly a classic upset that will be long echoed in the annuals of college football.

Congratulations Mike London and Hampton!

DTSpider
September 3rd, 2017, 06:47 AM
Congrats Mike London and Howard!!!

That's pretty amazing as a 45-point dog.

DTSpider
September 3rd, 2017, 07:06 AM
Just to help me with perspective, when was the last time a MEAC team beat a FBS/1A school?

WileECoyote06
September 3rd, 2017, 07:32 AM
Just to help me with perspective, when was the last time a MEAC team beat a FBS/1A school?

Last year. NC A&T upset Kent State. Before that, Bethune-Cookman upset FIU two years in a row in 13 and 14.

Go Green
September 3rd, 2017, 07:35 AM
Between that and Maryland's win over Texas, a lot of happy DC fans today!

Bucs2016
September 3rd, 2017, 07:37 AM
Nice!!! Way to represent FCS!!!

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2017, 07:42 AM
Incredible!

Laker
September 3rd, 2017, 07:51 AM
Got home to hear the final. Big surprise!

Vooter
September 3rd, 2017, 08:08 AM
Between that and Maryland's win over Texas, a lot of happy DC fans today!

And vaguely DC-ish Liberty beat Baylor...

But congrats to Howard on a great win!

kdinva
September 3rd, 2017, 08:16 AM
Great win for the whole FCS nation, period....

PAllen
September 3rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Wow. Congrats Bison. Probably the biggest win in vHoward history.

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
Isn't UNLV's head coach somebody they pulled directly from the high school ranks? I seem to remember something about that.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
Great job! Congrats to Howard. A great addition to FCS lore.

dgtw
September 3rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Especially impressive considering it is an east coast team playing at night in the Pacific time zone.

TennBison
September 3rd, 2017, 10:16 AM
Isn't the UNLV coach the guy that they hired right out of the High School ranks straight to the head coaching job? Or is that guy already gone?

TennBison
September 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Isn't UNLV's head coach somebody they pulled directly from the high school ranks? I seem to remember something about that.
Ok, just looked up my own question from a couple posts down. Yeah the head coach is Tony Sanchez, he was the head coach at a Las Vegas High School called Bishop Gorman. UNLV hired him right into their head coaching job, no college coaching experience before that. Quite a jump for pretty much any level college football, let alone a Div I program.

JSUBison
September 3rd, 2017, 10:35 AM
UNLV deserves to lose every game until they fix their ugly field that has comic sans yardage numbers.

Panther88
September 3rd, 2017, 11:21 AM
Ok, just looked up my own question from a couple posts down. Yeah the head coach is Tony Sanchez, he was the head coach at a Las Vegas High School called Bishop Gorman. UNLV hired him right into their head coaching job, no college coaching experience before that. Quite a jump for pretty much any level college football, let alone a Div I program.

Does the name Art Briles ring a bell? BGHS experienced great success under coach Sanchez so it seemed like a decent fit, for the most part. I think Art Briles had only 4/5 years of collegiate experience before he was hired as head football coach @ uofh and helped reinvigorate their football program.

The Boogie Down
September 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
It's the biggest upset in college football history according to Vegas...

A very proud Bison right here folks...

You guys broke New Mexico State's old record so many congrats on that! Proud FCS fan right here!

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2017, 11:45 AM
Congrats! Awesome upset!

Bison56
September 3rd, 2017, 11:50 AM
Congrats!!!!!!

Schism55
September 3rd, 2017, 12:48 PM
Congrats Howard, well done!
UNLV has been a burning dumpster fire forever xsmhx

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2017, 12:52 PM
Does the name Art Briles ring a bell? BGHS experienced great success under coach Sanchez so it seemed like a decent fit, for the most part. I think Art Briles had only 4/5 years of collegiate experience before he was hired as head football coach @ uofh and helped reinvigorate their football program.

I'm old enough to remember when Notre Dame tried that HS to college direct hire with Jerry Faust. It was a fail for them, too.

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Go Bison xthumbsupx

Panther88
September 3rd, 2017, 01:06 PM
I'm old enough to remember when Notre Dame tried that HS to college direct hire with Jerry Faust. It was a fail for them, too.

Can't rationalize it but I knew Briles would do good at uofh. SHS was way too dominant for an extended period for that type success not to transition to the collegiate ranks coupled w/ focused tx recruiting, especially htown recruiting.

I am a high proponent of Mr Briles and his former staffers. I think a few of his former staffers also went to Tulsa univ and had them doing great things when they first entered.

Seawolf97
September 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Congrats on a Great Win !

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Great win Howard!

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2017, 02:19 PM
Can't rationalize it but I knew Briles would do good at uofh. SHS was way too dominant for an extended period for that type success not to transition to the collegiate ranks coupled w/ focused tx recruiting, especially htown recruiting.

I am a high proponent of Mr Briles and his former staffers. I think a few of his former staffers also went to Tulsa univ and had them doing great things when they first entered.

At least Briles was an assistant for a few years at Texas Tech before becoming a college head coach...

JayJ79
September 3rd, 2017, 02:30 PM
Awesome job, not quite the magnitude of App State-Michigan on the national level but it is certainly a classic upset that will be long echoed in the annuals of college football.

App State/Michigan was a top level FCS teams beating a highly ranked FBS teams, which of course garnered alot of national attention.

Howard/UNLV is a mid-lower level FCS team (not just b/c they are MEAC, but b/c they were 2-9 and 1-10 the last two years) beating a lower level FBS team. Still an impressive upset, but perhaps not something that will get as much press as ASU/Michigan.

And I think Howard University really should have chosen Ducks as their mascot.

URMite
September 3rd, 2017, 02:40 PM
Congratulations!

And we we were worried about Colgate next week, now I'm getting worried about you guys in two weeks...

paward
September 3rd, 2017, 03:05 PM
Congratulations!

And we we were worried about Colgate next week, now I'm getting worried about you guys in two weeks...
This game was already interesting with London return.

32counter
September 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
With 2 of the lowest rankings in FBS for both UNLV and Kent State(this weekend),Mike will likely be 2-0 when he visits his alma mater at the Brickhouse in 2 weeks.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
Oh Yes, congrats to Howard for the scalp, and a shocker as well....

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2017, 05:23 PM
I was watching this score all night and couldn't believe it. Glad you guys closed out!

slostang
September 3rd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Congrats to Howard University. Impressive.

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2017, 07:21 PM
Finally just got home from the game yesterday and am finally catching up. Congrats Howard

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Damn, knew I shoulda dropped $100 on Howard (they were getting 45 points). Rumor has it that would have been a $60,000 score in Vegas xlolx

R.A.
September 3rd, 2017, 09:10 PM

We play the Spiders in Richmond this season...xcoffeex

R.A.
September 3rd, 2017, 09:11 PM
With 2 of the lowest rankings in FBS for both UNLV and Kent State(this weekend),Mike will likely be 2-0 when he visits his alma mater at the Brickhouse in 2 weeks.
xcoolx

Redbird 4th & short
September 3rd, 2017, 09:33 PM
Congrats!!!!!!
whats the big deal with Bison beating a weak FBS school ... and then the audacity to congratulate yourself, lie talking about yourself in 3rd person. That's it, I've had it wth you Bison thinking your run this board and all of FCS .... win a few natty's, beat a few FBS schools .. who cares. it is sickening, I tell you and frankly, I'm going to .... wait, what ? Not that Bison ?

Never mind .. Hail the mighty Bison !!

xdrunkyx

p.s. hope the other Bison can just forget this little misunderstanding when you come to Hancock for our meaningless little scrimmage .. heh hehxpeacex

paward
September 3rd, 2017, 09:43 PM
2 Funny

whats the big deal with Bison beating a weak FBS school ... and then the audacity to congratulate yourself, lie talking about yourself in 3rd person. That's it, I've had it wth you Bison thinking your run this board and all of FCS .... win a few natty's, beat a few FBS schools .. who cares. it is sickening, I tell you and frankly, I'm going to .... wait, what ? Not that Bison ?

xdrunkyx

p.s. hope the other Bison can just forget this little misunderstanding when you come to Hancock for our meaningless little scrimmage .. heh hehxpeacex

kymoc91
September 3rd, 2017, 09:45 PM
Love it anytime an FCS team beats an FBS team.

ngineer
September 3rd, 2017, 11:15 PM
Tremendous victory. Any Given Saturday!! What a wonderful experience for the Howard players. Congratulations!

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Cool! Great win... now, only if you could do this to Rutgers!

ASU33
September 4th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Congrats to The Mecca!

Professor
September 5th, 2017, 02:29 PM

xdrunkyx

Bwhahahahaha