PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs. Pitt

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2017, 08:17 AM
YSU opens at Pitt where they will get beat. Local fans are once again over rating their chances as. I look for YSU to finish at 7-4 and maybe 6-5 if injuries hit a few positions . Weakness in the secondary and the DL should be on display.

On a side note , Pitts coach Narduzzi is a former YSU player who transferred out when they fired his HC father, Bill. Then it was discovered he had cancer which killed him later on. Narduzzi has no love lost for YSU which may play in this game.

This is a transition year for Bo who has the remnants of Wolfs former players, his transfers, who currently are saving his bacon and his poor recruit classes which become front and center next year.This transition year will see major ups and downs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Pitt lost a lot but they've recruited really well the last 3-4 years. My guess is the 'Guins are in trouble.

I've always been a fan of YSU but Bo has really rubbed me the wrong way...

Penguin Nation
August 29th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I went to Ursuline with Narduzzi. Good guy. Too classy to fill the Pitt roster with known sexual predators.

7-4 or 6-5 seems about right. Pitt, NDSU, and SDSU are losses. SDSU may be an ugly loss after YSU (Youngstown's Scumbag University) gets softened up by its NEC schedule. There'll be 1-2 more losses (UNI, ISUr). YSU will make the playoffs, but not have the gift-wrapped bracket placement of 2016, and only see a few rounds.

As far as Pitt goes, Narduzzi's team is nothing like the Chryst team of 2012. Narduzzi's teams beat Clemson and Penn State...they will not lose to YSU. Pitt has an explosive offense, and there is a big drop off on YSU's D. Fortunately for YSU, Pitt has by ACC standards a weak D, but YSU won't keep up...especially if the YSU run game is shut down. If YSU had a QB that could at least threaten to scramble, they could make it interesting, but their mobile QB watches the TFL's accumulate from the sidelines.

RedFlash
August 29th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Keep in mind that Pitt only beat Villanova 28-7 last year and held a 21-7 lead going to the 4th quarter. Now much of that had to do with using a vanilla offense for week one - so as to not tip-off PSU for week two, so it's possible they try the same thing again this year.

Narduzzi was praising YSU's LB Armand Dellovade during his comments yesterday. Dellovade was originally committed to StFU before Pellini was hired and offered him late in the process.

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Narduzzi grew up in Youngstown and was a star at Ursuline, then joined his Dad at YSU. I saw those games and remember the Dad getting fired and Narduzzi transferring out. He was bitter for years. May still be.

You are right, PN, Narduzzi is too classy to recruit scum. He is nothing like Bo.

YSU has lots of holes in its D and the O isn't as good as it was last year. Still, they may be forced to score a lot to stay in many games. While games #2 and 3 are weenies and gimme wins, the rest of the schedule is not. They best hope they don't get beat up at Pitt and have injuries ruin the season. Depth is spotty.

ValleyTalk
August 29th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Let's play a game of who said it...
"Keep my projection in mind for after the season on Rivers. No Pro team will want him because of his Achilles Heel. Great pass rusher. Fails elsewhere."

"You can run on Rivers. That keeps him out of the Pros."

https://preview.ibb.co/bwJEGk/IMG_1476.jpg

ValleyTalk
August 29th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I'll give Pitt the 10-14pt edge. If YSU can win the turnover edge, minimize penalties, and play good special teams they will at least have a chance at the upset.

Go GUINS!

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Get real. Rivers is gone for a year with injury. He never made a regular season roster. We won't know for another year if he can play the run in the Pros. Great pass rusher. Run game was weak in college. Incomplete at this point.

Will YSU keep it with in 10-14 pts ? Have my doubts. The D is in trouble this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I'll give Pitt the 10-14pt edge. If YSU can win the turnover edge, minimize penalties, and play good special teams they will at least have a chance at the upset.

Go GUINS!

10-14 points seems a bit optimistic imo. I think if YSU can keep it within 21 points it'll be a good showing. Pitt will be a decent 7-5 FBS team this year.

I was born in McKeesport, PA and lived in Austintown, OH so this is a game with some roots for me. I'll be in Youngstown in 4 weeks.

I'll go with Pitt 34-13

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2017, 06:15 PM
There is a player from Austintown who may be a star in this game, RB Darrin Hall. He played a big part in Pitts win over Penn St.
If Narduzzi can, he will crush YSU. Could be a lopsided game.

Penguin Nation
August 29th, 2017, 06:34 PM
There is a player from Austintown who may be a star in this game, RB Darrin Hall. He played a big part in Pitts win over Penn St.
If Narduzzi can, he will crush YSU. Could be a lopsided game.

The spread is only 15.5......I would think Pitt would be a solid bet here. O/U is 65....if the over wins that means an ugly loss for YSU. I think Narduzzi won't let emotion cloud his judgment and try to embarrass YSU, and he'll pull his starters in Q3 so they're healthy for Penn State. My guess is ~21 point margin of victory for Pitt....something 38-17.

BucBisonAtLarge
August 29th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Do any YSU fans actually like the program?

ValleyTalk
August 30th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Yes, don't view those two debbie downers as the model fans for our program.

Penguin Nation
August 30th, 2017, 08:09 AM

This rare species has been sighted on ysupenguins.com ...if you're counting you'll only need one hand if you're using your fingers.....the week before their money game/first game of the season.

Yes, don't view those two debbie downers as the model fans for our program.

Yes, exactly....just two naysayers.....only two....well except of course if you disregard the >11.5K students and alumni etc that signed a petition protesting YSU's pro-rapist recruitment policies. Also disregard the students who've organized a protest (with signs, shirts, fliers) at the first home FB game. Don't pay any attention to the letters to the editor from outraged alumni, and most certainly ignore the innumerable comments from disgusted alumni on the Change.org petition. Definitely disregard the international media scorn also. So other than all that....you're right...just two.

jmufan999
August 30th, 2017, 08:37 AM

I actually think it's refreshing in a way. whenever I hear a fan say nothing but positives, I start to think they can't separate fandom from reality.

Paladin1aa
August 30th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Actually, we don't know how many REAL fans there are as most are silenced , threatened with banning on the YSU board. Many simply give up and move on. We do know that the " cheerleader board " is limited in membership as there are few posters there.

Reality is , indeed, the difference.

smilo
August 30th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I, for one, will certainly be tuning in to hear the voice of Robert E. Lee in the flesh. That will likely be the highlight of this bloodbath.

Penguin Nation
August 30th, 2017, 10:03 AM
I, for one, will certainly be tuning in to hear the voice of Robert E. Lee in the flesh. That will likely be the highlight of this bloodbath.

This will be a re-enactment of the second Bull Run? This may be bloodier.

ValleyTalk
August 30th, 2017, 11:48 AM
This rare species has been sighted on ysupenguins.com ...if you're counting you'll only need one hand if you're using your fingers.....the week before their money game/first game of the season.

Yes, exactly....just two naysayers.....only two....well except of course if you disregard the >11.5K students and alumni etc that signed a petition protesting YSU's pro-rapist recruitment policies. Also disregard the students who've organized a protest (with signs, shirts, fliers) at the first home FB game. Don't pay any attention to the letters to the editor from outraged alumni, and most certainly ignore the innumerable comments from disgusted alumni on the Change.org petition. Definitely disregard the international media scorn also. So other than all that....you're right...just two.

You cannot honestly think all of those signatures came from YSU students or alumni can you? I see signatures from all over the country and the world from people who probably have no idea where Youngstown is on a map but were outraged when the story blew up when national publications ran with it. Do you know how much pushback was received by the Athletic Department or The Penguin Club? Do you know how many season ticket holders dropped their 2017 tix? Do you care about the actions Mr. Richmond has taken to better his life since his time behind bars? I'm sure there are other fans that share some of your sentiments, but you two are in no way representative of the fan base as a whole.

Paladin1aa
August 30th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Bold talk from someone living in Las Vegas. I live here in the Valley. People HERE were outraged. Please don't bring up the "tickets sold" argument. We all know the business robots who buy up tickets lots each year trying to give them away to customers and employees trying to fill the stands. But we all know what ACTUAL game attendance is around here. More BS from the cheerleader crowd.

Penguin Nation
August 30th, 2017, 02:06 PM
You cannot honestly think all of those signatures came from YSU students or alumni can you? I see signatures from all over the country and the world from people who probably have no idea where Youngstown is on a map but were outraged when the story blew up when national publications ran with it. Do you know how much pushback was received by the Athletic Department or The Penguin Club? Do you know how many season ticket holders dropped their 2017 tix? Do you care about the actions Mr. Richmond has taken to better his life since his time behind bars? I'm sure there are other fans that share some of your sentiments, but you two are in no way representative of the fan base as a whole.

I lost count of the # of assumptions and rationalizations in your response. I guess that's what's required to root for an internationally infamous gang-rapist.

Piece of advice, watch how drunk you get around campus these days, especially when Trent Mays visits his good friend on campus....

I'm sure there are other fans that share some of your sentiments, but you two are in no way representative of the fan base as a whole.

That is the biggest compliment anyone has paid me all week.

ValleyTalk
August 30th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Bold talk from someone living in Las Vegas. I live here in the Valley. People HERE were outraged. Please don't bring up the "tickets sold" argument. We all know the business robots who buy up tickets lots each year trying to give them away to customers and employees trying to fill the stands. But we all know what ACTUAL game attendance is around here. More BS from the cheerleader crowd.
I live in Youngstown xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Penguin Nation
September 1st, 2017, 08:46 PM
Rough day ahead for NEO schools:

Akron at #6 Penn State
Kent at #5 Clemson

Beatings begin at noon

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2017, 10:20 AM
I'd look for Pitt to win, something like 35-17 . Key is NOT having injuries. Local fans have no idea how thin YSU is at several spots.

Akron and Kent will get their butts kicked.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2017, 10:37 AM
Watch YSUs D. Both the line and secondary are weak. Run and pass will be hard to defend.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2017, 12:40 PM
14-0 Pitt, 1st qtr..... 150 yds of O

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
21-0, Pitt. 2nd qtr

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 01:35 PM
The only Pitt drive that didn't result in a TD was where time expired. Every YSU drive lead to a punt. Big injury for Pitt by losing Ollison. YSU with -1 rushing yards (!), and no third down conversions. Wells with customary negative rushing yards (-11).

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
If YSU's goal is to get paid and go injury-free, they've at least accomplished that.

Schism55
September 2nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
I enjoy Bo's rubber face

WestCoastAggie
September 2nd, 2017, 02:58 PM
YSU - 21
Pitt - 21

3:30 4th Qtr

Pitt has the ball on their 20 YD.

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 03:02 PM
YSU - 21
Pitt - 21

3:30 4th Qtr

Pitt has the ball on their 20 YD.

Times like this I wish I had a good sports package... or cable/dish for that matter.

mmiller_34
September 2nd, 2017, 03:04 PM
Times like this I wish I had a good sports package... or cable/dish for that matter.

I can get this game with SlingTV

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 2nd, 2017, 03:05 PM
Usually, I root for the FCS team but I reside in State Penn land so I don't want to see them gloating over a Pitt defeat.

And YSU is better than Akron.

mmiller_34
September 2nd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Pitt missed the game winning FG. Overtime.

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Too Legit to Pitt couldn't make the 28 yard to win the game. OT!

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 03:29 PM
Wells throws a pick to end the game. Pitt survives the Fight'n Pelinis 28-21 in OT.

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 03:36 PM
This was a really fun game to watch. Just like Sammy's win over Richmond.

ValleyTalk
September 2nd, 2017, 03:47 PM
Did the internet go out in Bazetta during the second half??? Just curious.

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 03:58 PM
Pitt forgot the game is 4 quarters long. They looked like they needed naps in the second half. Pitt fans frequently booing their team, and their horrible place kicker, throughout the second half. I'm not impressed at all with 5-star USC transfer Browne. For Pitt's sake, hopefully they were looking ahead to Penn State...or else Penn State will tear them apart.

Wells never called for obvious intentional grounding which lead to the first YSU TD, despite Narduzzi yelling about it at the refs. That gift likely made the game more exciting, although didn't change the outcome. YSU still looks like a 7-4 or 6-5 team (7-4 and no playoffs was the outcome of the season where YSU beat Pitt in 2012).

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
Usually, I root for the FCS team but I reside in State Penn land so I don't want to see them gloating over a Pitt defeat.

And YSU is better than Akron.

YSU would eat Akron and Kent's lunch, as would about 4 other MVFC schools.

YSU FAN#34
September 2nd, 2017, 05:00 PM
21-0, Pitt. 2nd qtr

Thx for the pre game analysis as well as the first half updates.

Wondering where you have been since then. i didnt see or hear the game and i was so looking forward to your continued bull****.

Drblankstare
September 2nd, 2017, 05:04 PM
YSU is good still? God dammit

SoupCity85
September 2nd, 2017, 05:44 PM
Where you at Pally??? You and your typical 7-4 (maybe 6-5 with injuries). Same old story every single year. I love how spew your **** and then get all quiet when proven wrong....AGAIN. I know, I know...it'll still be 7-4 or 6-5 or 5-6 or 4-7. What did you say 35-17??? or 10-14 points. Take a bite out this Pally, 28-21 in OT and possibly could have (should have) won.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 2nd, 2017, 05:46 PM
YSU would eat Akron and Kent's lunch, as would about 4 other MVFC schools.

No doubt about that.

SoupCity85
September 2nd, 2017, 05:47 PM
If YSU's goal is to get paid and go injury-free, they've at least accomplished that.

You're another Anti-YSU fan, why do you watch/listen to the games? You and Pally should get together in your misery. SMFH at what a DB you are.

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 05:59 PM
You're another Anti-YSU fan, why do you watch/listen to the games? You and Pally should get together in your misery. SMFH at what a DB you are.

lol. It's funny that a comment like that triggers you. You must be a sensitive guy or gal if that gets your panties in a bunch.

ValleyTalk
September 2nd, 2017, 06:06 PM
Fortunate to still have Internet out in Vegas xcoffeex

Those Pelini brothers can certainly coach. This team can go far this year if they can play up to their potential. This is VT signing off. Go GUINS!!!

SoupCity85
September 2nd, 2017, 06:16 PM
I was referencing all your DB comments (See below if you've forgotten), makes me assume that you're related to PALLY. You're a real treat dude AND a TRUE YSU fan, go away ASSHOLE:

“7-4 or 6-5 seems about right. Pitt, NDSU, and SDSU are losses. SDSU may be an ugly loss after YSU (Youngstown's Scumbag University) gets softened up by its NEC schedule. There'll be 1-2 more losses (UNI, ISUr). YSU will make the playoffs, but not have the gift-wrapped bracket placement of 2016, and only see a few rounds.

As far as Pitt goes, Narduzzi's team is nothing like the Chryst team of 2012. Narduzzi's teams beat Clemson and Penn State...they will not lose to YSU. Pitt has an explosive offense, and there is a big drop off on YSU's D. Fortunately for YSU, Pitt has by ACC standards a weak D, but YSU won't keep up...especially if the YSU run game is shut down. If YSU had a QB that could at least threaten to scramble, they could make it interesting, but their mobile QB watches the TFL's accumulate from the sidelines.”

“The spread is only 15.5......I would think Pitt would be a solid bet here. O/U is 65....if the over wins that means an ugly loss for YSU. I think Narduzzi won't let emotion cloud his judgment and try to embarrass YSU, and he'll pull his starters in Q3 so they're healthy for Penn State. My guess is ~21 point margin of victory for Pitt....something 38-17.”

“Yes, exactly....just two naysayers.....only two....well except of course if you disregard the >11.5K students and alumni etc that signed a petition protesting YSU's pro-rapist recruitment policies. Also disregard the students who've organized a protest (with signs, shirts, fliers) at the first home FB game. Don't pay any attention to the letters to the editor from outraged alumni, and most certainly ignore the innumerable comments from disgusted alumni on the Change.org petition. Definitely disregard the international media scorn also. So other than all that....you're right...just two.”

“The only Pitt drive that didn't result in a TD was where time expired. Every YSU drive lead to a punt. Big injury for Pitt by losing Ollison. YSU with -1 rushing yards (!), and no third down conversions. Wells with customary negative rushing yards (-11).”

citdog
September 2nd, 2017, 06:39 PM
Did the rapist play?

penguinpower
September 2nd, 2017, 06:45 PM
Excellent game. Who the hell was Wells throwing to on that play. We had multiple chances to score and lost them all with that pick. YSU dominated Pitt in the second half. Christian Turner the true freshman is going to be special. WOW! I think we will be in the mix this year. The depth of this team was on full display.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the rapist play?

No. I don't think he is on the team

citdog
September 2nd, 2017, 06:46 PM
So just to be clear NO convicted rapist played in the game for Youngstown State?

penguinpower
September 2nd, 2017, 06:48 PM
So just to be clear NO convicted rapist played in the game for Youngstown State?

As I said no. I think he left the team but I need to confirm

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 06:50 PM
I was referencing all your DB comments (See below if you've forgotten), makes me assume that you're related to PALLY. You're a real treat dude AND a TRUE YSU fan, go away ASSHOLE:

“7-4 or 6-5 seems about right. Pitt, NDSU, and SDSU are losses. SDSU may be an ugly loss after YSU (Youngstown's Scumbag University) gets softened up by its NEC schedule. There'll be 1-2 more losses (UNI, ISUr). YSU will make the playoffs, but not have the gift-wrapped bracket placement of 2016, and only see a few rounds.

As far as Pitt goes, Narduzzi's team is nothing like the Chryst team of 2012. Narduzzi's teams beat Clemson and Penn State...they will not lose to YSU. Pitt has an explosive offense, and there is a big drop off on YSU's D. Fortunately for YSU, Pitt has by ACC standards a weak D, but YSU won't keep up...especially if the YSU run game is shut down. If YSU had a QB that could at least threaten to scramble, they could make it interesting, but their mobile QB watches the TFL's accumulate from the sidelines.”

“The spread is only 15.5......I would think Pitt would be a solid bet here. O/U is 65....if the over wins that means an ugly loss for YSU. I think Narduzzi won't let emotion cloud his judgment and try to embarrass YSU, and he'll pull his starters in Q3 so they're healthy for Penn State. My guess is ~21 point margin of victory for Pitt....something 38-17.”

“Yes, exactly....just two naysayers.....only two....well except of course if you disregard the >11.5K students and alumni etc that signed a petition protesting YSU's pro-rapist recruitment policies. Also disregard the students who've organized a protest (with signs, shirts, fliers) at the first home FB game. Don't pay any attention to the letters to the editor from outraged alumni, and most certainly ignore the innumerable comments from disgusted alumni on the Change.org petition. Definitely disregard the international media scorn also. So other than all that....you're right...just two.”

“The only Pitt drive that didn't result in a TD was where time expired. Every YSU drive lead to a punt. Big injury for Pitt by losing Ollison. YSU with -1 rushing yards (!), and no third down conversions. Wells with customary negative rushing yards (-11).”

It's a little weird that you've chronicled my posts and are so agitated by them. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. To show my team spirit I've created a cheer for Scumbag U, er, I mean YSU. I hope you like it.

"Go Rapey! Pretend the QB is a defenseless drunk girl!! Goooooooo Rapey!!"

We'll have to save it for next year, but I think it's really good.

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 06:52 PM
Fortunate to still have Internet out in Vegas xcoffeex

Those Pelini brothers can certainly coach. This team can go far this year if they can play up to their potential. This is VT signing off. Go GUINS!!!

don't go........

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 06:54 PM
Gang rapist/Tier 2 sexual predator still on roster on ysusports.com .

ytownchief22
September 2nd, 2017, 07:39 PM
Malik Richmond is still on the team but not permitted to play this year. Hunter Wells blows the game because he folds under pressure as always. Terrible, terrible way to end the game vs Pitt. Should have won that game easily. Oh well, week 1 and time to get better.

citdog
September 2nd, 2017, 07:40 PM
Youngstown State deserves NOTHING but CONTEMPT for keeping a convicted rapist on their team. But what else would one expect from a school with a CHEATER for a President?

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
Youngstown State deserves NOTHING but CONTEMPT for keeping a convicted rapist on their team.

YSU deserves to wallow in shame for this for a very long time. Only a disgusting and loathsome program would recruit a convicted rapist.

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 08:22 PM
Malik Richmond is still on the team but not permitted to play this year. Hunter Wells blows the game because he folds under pressure as always. Terrible, terrible way to end the game vs Pitt. Should have won that game easily. Oh well, week 1 and time to get better.

The punt was madness. If it involves Wells' legs...he can't do it. There will be games this year where a QB who is mobile, and doesn't saddle the team w/ negative rushing yards, is needed...like today for example. YSU ties one arm behind its back whenever Wells is the QB. Why he is the starter has never made sense to me.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2017, 08:55 PM
Damn, I have to go out of town at half time and some fans go ape sh !t. Just got back and find YSU makes a comeback but loses in OT. Make sure you pick up the paycheck before leaving town. Next, on to the weenie games the upcoming 2 games.

semobison
September 2nd, 2017, 09:00 PM
Great comeback by the Guins but I agree...who and the hell was Wells throwing on the last play!

penguinpower
September 2nd, 2017, 09:44 PM
Great comeback by the Guins but I agree...who and the hell was Wells throwing on the last play!

He thought it was Eastern Washington and threw the ball where Kevin Rader was supposed to be. Who the hell knows. There wasn't anyone even close. Damn they could have had that one.

YSU FAN#34
September 2nd, 2017, 10:56 PM
It's a little weird that you've chronicled my posts and are so agitated by them. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. To show my team spirit I've created a cheer for Scumbag U, er, I mean YSU. I hope you like it.

"Go Rapey! Pretend the QB is a defenseless drunk girl!! Goooooooo Rapey!!"

We'll have to save it for next year, but I think it's really good.

Honest question. I get your anger for the "rapey," "scumbag u," blah blah blah. So why, then, do you continue to watch and/or listen to the games and submit posts and more importantly continue with the "penguin nation" name.

Shouldn't you like...go away...with all of your embarrassment that you have ties to YSU.

YSU FAN#34
September 2nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Damn, I have to go out of town at half time and some fans go ape sh !t. Just got back and find YSU makes a comeback but loses in OT. Make sure you pick up the paycheck before leaving town. Next, on to the weenie games the upcoming 2 games.

Awww...the old "left at half time to go out of town" trick. Gotcha!!! I'm quite sure we did get the check and darn near a win too. Sorry that last part didn't line up with your agenda and prediction(s).

Penguin Nation
September 2nd, 2017, 11:21 PM
Honest question. I get your anger for the "rapey," "scumbag u," blah blah blah. So why, then, do you continue to watch and/or listen to the games and submit posts and more importantly continue with the "penguin nation" name.

Shouldn't you like...go away...with all of your embarrassment that you have ties to YSU.

Honest question: Are you constipated? You get really uptight over others opinions and posts.

YSU FAN#34
September 2nd, 2017, 11:25 PM
Honest question: Are you constipated? You get really uptight over others opinions and posts.

Anwering the question with a question. Well played. Anyway, no. No i am not constipated nor am i uptight. It was a question...thats all.

Paladin1aa
September 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM
Hmmmmmm? My agenda ? My prediction ? I predicted YSU would lose. I was correct. No ? My agenda is to talk about YSU football openly and truthfully and not be controlled by another who has their own agenda. My opinion is my own and not some threaten banning if you don't toe the line. I find it funny few from YSU come here until AFTER the game when they made it close and not before or during the embarrassing first half. No one is sure Pitt is even any good, with the injuries and suspensions, until the season gets well underway.

Next, you get to beat your chest the next two weeks on lesser teams, which will prove nothing.

i still think 7-4 and maybe 6-5 if they get some key injuries. Feel free to give your glowing predictions. Pound that keyboard, lol.

mmiller_34
September 3rd, 2017, 10:03 AM

I was wondering about that too. I was confused why they didn't pick a run play there, just picked up a first down off of three consecutive runs gaining 3-5 yards each play. I understand maybe mix it up a bit, but if there was no one open Wells should have just threw it out of play. Youngstown State line was dominating Pitt's line that last possession.

penguinpower
September 3rd, 2017, 06:14 PM
I was wondering about that too. I was confused why they didn't pick a run play there, just picked up a first down off of three consecutive runs gaining 3-5 yards each play. I understand maybe mix it up a bit, but if there was no one open Wells should have just threw it out of play. Youngstown State line was dominating Pitt's line that last possession.

I agree. They couldn't stop the run. Why stop doing what was clearly working? Head scratcher.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2017, 10:15 PM
Great game YSU!! I haven't had time to congratulate the 'Guins on a helluva effort.

I-AA Fan
September 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM

I agree with you on the throw. It was actually too soon & he did have a couple of steps to wait. However the call was more than valid...actually smart. YSU only missed 2 passes in the second half and they were throw-aways. Pitt secondary could not cover. It was first down after YSU struggled to make the initial first down. Their defensive front was motivated by the previous points scored on offense & they had the DE's and a safety up on the line. I also think YSU would have gone for a 2-point conversion. The momentum was shifting.

As to Paladin, well I think it is clear that no one gives a crap anymore. As to cupcakes: Fans want home games; it does not matter who it is against. The score of beers and burgers before the game is just as important as the score on the board after the game. Back-ups need to play & fans enjoy seeing them. Then again, you have to be a fan. Pittsburgh is an hour away. That gives us 3 universities to play that YSU fans can travel to. Real fans want to see games from the seats. Then again, you have to be a fan. Real fans beat their chest at every game ...especially when your team scores 21-unanswered again a solid ACC team.

GodHelpTheBears
September 4th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I also find Pitt's willingness to keep scheduling YSU commendable. I don't think UM-C will schedule us again, and our game wasn't even close at the end.

Penguin Nation
September 4th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I agree with you on the throw. It was actually too soon & he did have a couple of steps to wait. However the call was more than valid...actually smart. YSU only missed 2 passes in the second half and they were throw-aways. Pitt secondary could not cover. It was first down after YSU struggled to make the initial first down. Their defensive front was motivated by the previous points scored on offense & they had the DE's and a safety up on the line. I also think YSU would have gone for a 2-point conversion. The momentum was shifting.

As to Paladin, well I think it is clear that no one gives a crap anymore. As to cupcakes: Fans want home games; it does not matter who it is against. The score of beers and burgers before the game is just as important as the score on the board after the game. Back-ups need to play & fans enjoy seeing them. Then again, you have to be a fan. Pittsburgh is an hour away. That gives us 3 universities to play that YSU fans can travel to. Real fans want to see games from the seats. Then again, you have to be a fan. Real fans beat their chest at every game ...especially when your team scores 21-unanswered again a solid ACC team.

False. Wells had 7 incompletions in the second half, and the only pass thrown in OT by Wells was a pic.

Go...gate
September 4th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Congratulations to the Penguins on a great game!

I-AA Fan
September 5th, 2017, 10:54 AM
False. Wells had 7 completions in the second half, and the only pass thrown in OT by Wells was a pic.

You are correct Nation. The block stats are wrong for Pitt. The play-by-play on the YSU site shows 7 in-completions. Does not change the fact that Wells owned their secondary the entire second half & the last 2 YSU tds were through the air. YSU needs a TB. #37 is is consistent, but he he is not even close to a Ruiz or Webb. We will see what #20 can do, he has nice moves and hands ...just do not let him return punts anymore. Wells was the hot-hand and 4 throws (if needed) was the best call.

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2017, 09:11 AM
You are correct Nation. The block stats are wrong for Pitt. The play-by-play on the YSU site shows 7 in-completions. Does not change the fact that Wells owned their secondary the entire second half & the last 2 YSU tds were through the air. YSU needs a TB. #37 is is consistent, but he he is not even close to a Ruiz or Webb. We will see what #20 can do, he has nice moves and hands ...just do not let him return punts anymore. Wells was the hot-hand and 4 throws (if needed) was the best call.

It's interesting that you modified my quote and misrepresented it after I noted a falsehood of yours, much like you do on ysupenguins.com .

Regarding Wells, if he's responsible for the comeback in the second half, then isn't he equally responsible for the shutout in the first half, or the implosion in OT? Remember that Davis as QB had YSU leading WVU (a better team than Pitt) in Q2 in 2016 before an uncalled late hit lead to a concussion.

Look at MVFC 2106 final stats: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/16/ind.pdf

Two of the three games Wells' stats were compiled with were the two worst teams (SIU and MSU)....and Wells doesn't even make any of the lists....but Mays does. I'm referring to the passing stats....we all know about the costly negative rushing yards he amasses. Not mentioned in any stats were the wide open receivers in the end zone waiving frantically at Heinz field because they have a one-read QB..as a senior. Of course there were multiple overthrown passes. The stats don't mention the blatant intentional grounding that the refs ignored despite Narduzzi loudly protesting. In close games (like Pitt) having a contact-averse one-read QB with poor judgment under pressure, and who dumps balls rather than trying to scramble for a positive gain, will be costly. It'll be costly after this year also as Mays' development is delayed.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Actually, PN, it won't matter. YSU loses most of it OL and Bo's recruits will not protect Mays. Next year the transition will be complete.

ValleyTalk
September 6th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Actually, PN, it won't matter. YSU loses most of it OL and Bo's recruits will not protect Mays. Next year the transition will be complete.

The thought of YSU football imploding once the transition has been complete:
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/4007g6675.gif