PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ Eastern Washington 9/9

Pages : [1] 2 3

Thundar
August 28th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I know this is a bit early and didn't find another thread, but I have a questions for any EWU fans lurking. How many seats are in a row on the East bleacher side (Visitor) or what are the Aisle seat numbers?

I'm heading out there and would like to know where I'm seated and your School charts don't show seat numbers, should be a fun game

tomq04
August 28th, 2017, 10:15 PM
I think it's 25/seat section...I'm not 100% though...let me see if I can dig in for you.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I think it's 25/seat section...I'm not 100% though...let me see if I can dig in for you.

I called with the same question-.14-15

Thundar
August 29th, 2017, 06:43 AM
I called with the same question-.14-15

I think it depends on section, I have seats 21-24 in section P

I'm guessing they are close to aisle

POD Knows
August 29th, 2017, 07:26 AM
I got two in the main level, section A, row 17, seats 16 and 17. I was warned not to sit on the bleacher side as the line of sight to the field is bad.

Thundar
August 29th, 2017, 08:46 AM
I got two in the main level, section A, row 17, seats 16 and 17. I was warned not to sit on the bleacher side as the line of sight to the field is bad.

I cant really help it, they are NDSU tickets thru Teamakers

cx500d
August 29th, 2017, 04:42 PM

Bring binoculars so you can see across the track.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Bring binoculars so you can see across the track.
LOL. I don't think they have a track but the red field does kick it out as a real stadium. Grass is green mother****ers, even if it is fake.

cx500d
August 29th, 2017, 06:59 PM
LOL. I don't think they have a track but the red field does kick it out as a real stadium. Grass is green mother****ers, even if it is fake.

#NotAStadium

http://www.ewufootballcamps.com/images/RoosSkyShot.jpg

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2017, 07:32 PM
#NotAStadium

It is just painful to even look at a still of that #notastadium

POD Knows
August 29th, 2017, 07:45 PM
#NotAStadium

http://www.ewufootballcamps.com/images/RoosSkyShot.jpgMy seats are on the "money" side of the field because that is how I roll. There poor ****ers in the bleachers, 100 feet back and 2 rows up will be looking at players asses on the sidelines the entire game, not that there is anything wrong with that.

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2017, 08:06 PM
My seats are on the "money" side of the field because that is how I roll. There poor ****ers in the bleachers, 100 feet back and 2 rows up will be looking at cheerleader asses on the sidelines the entire game, not that there is anything wrong with that.

FYP xlolx

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2017, 09:11 PM
My seats are on the "money" side of the field because that is how I roll. There poor ****ers in the bleachers, 100 feet back and 2 rows up will be looking at players asses on the sidelines the entire game, not that there is anything wrong with that.

There is no "money" side of the stadium and it's only that full when the Griz are in town.

Winterborn
August 29th, 2017, 09:14 PM
My seats are on the "money" side of the field because that is how I roll. There poor ****ers in the bleachers, 100 feet back and 2 rows up will be looking at players asses on the sidelines the entire game, not that there is anything wrong with that.

FYP xlolx

There looks to be a few non-homely looking ones for you to drool over. https://www.instagram.com/ewu_cheer/

IBleedYellow
August 29th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Tracks suck.

cx500d
August 29th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Tracks suck.

They put the track there for two reasons - The red intensity falls off at a factor of 1/distance squared, so that helps save your eyes. The other reason is because it provides a safe space buffer for snowballs.

Iridebikes
August 29th, 2017, 09:48 PM
There is no "money" side of the stadium and it's only that full when the Griz are in town.

FYI. We've filled it up every regular season game for the last couple of year. Without the Griz. Its what we have and we're darned proud of the way our team has been performing. For me, I'd prefer to continue winning then fill up Washington-Griz and be 6-5. See you in a couple of weeks!!

tomq04
August 29th, 2017, 10:05 PM
I have been intentionally sitting in the bleachers for the past couple of years, price is better for the large groups of tickets and I find that the view of the field is as good if not better than on the "home" side.

Also rebuttal to the griz poster, we have 5 years of regular season sell outs now, and we're proud of that! However we aren't too proud of the track :(

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2017, 10:08 PM
FYI. We've filled it up every regular season game for the last couple of year. Without the Griz. Its what we have and we're darned proud of the way our team has been performing. For me, I'd prefer to continue winning then fill up Washington-Griz and be 6-5. See you in a couple of weeks!!
Really, you bring in temporary bleachers for every regular season home game? Makes me wonder why they're called temporary?

And yes, congrats that your program's upswing coincided with our program's downswing. But I wouldn't get used to it.xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2017, 12:25 AM
#NotAStadium

I'm stoked for EWU-Fordham the week before! The Eagles haves their work cut out to start the year!

The red inferno might not be the Fargo Dome but it is a little more impressive than where they'll be playing the week before the Bison arrive. There's not a lot of space in the Bronx for athletic facilities...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci2Mp_bWEAEiNAI.jpg

Bisonoline
August 30th, 2017, 12:51 AM
We will get in town on Thursday. Staying in Spokane Valley. What are some of the good to great restaurants in Spokane? Are there any good eating places in Cheney?

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2017, 01:29 AM

Wasn't your team 6-5 just 2 years ago? xeyebrowx

Thundar
August 30th, 2017, 05:32 AM
I'm stoked for EWU-Fordham the week before! The Eagles haves their work cut out to start the year!

The red inferno might not be the Fargo Dome but it is a little more impressive than where they'll be playing the week before the Bison arrive. There's not a lot of space in the Bronx for athletic facilities...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci2Mp_bWEAEiNAI.jpg

Wtf are you talking about? EWU plays at Texas Tech this week

TheKingpin28
August 30th, 2017, 07:38 AM
There looks to be a few non-homely looking ones for you to drool over. https://www.instagram.com/ewu_cheer/

Hey Dewey and Laker, get in here!

Oh and San Diego or bust...

Hammerhead
August 30th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Weber State fans were surprised to see so many Bison fans at the game in Ogden a few years back.

kalm
August 30th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Hot damn that's one gorgeous field! Might have to swing by today to soak it in some more.

I'll report back.

JayMYou
August 30th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cliff Clavin fact of the day: NDSU is closer to Pittsburgh than Eastern Washington.

Grizalltheway
August 30th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Cliff Clavin fact of the day: NDSU is closer to Pittsburgh than Eastern Washington.

In other news, the West is YUGE.

nevadagriz
August 30th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I'm excited to watch this game. (hopes it is on TV)
Two teams I would never bet against in the last five years. I would normally give the home team the advantage however I have a few questions for eagle fans. When will your starting CB be back? How is the new replacement on the OL looking? How has the transition gone with the new staff?
I was going to ask how you planned to replace the three WR that are in the NFL this year, but who am I kidding EWU always has awesome receivers and a damn great QB.
Good luck to two great programs.

cx500d
August 30th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I'm excited to watch this game. (hopes it is on TV)
Two teams I would never bet against in the last five years. I would normally give the home team the advantage however I have a few questions for eagle fans. When will your starting CB be back? How is the new replacement on the OL looking? How has the transition gone with the new staff?
I was going to ask how you planned to replace the three WR that are in the NFL this year, but who am I kidding EWU always has awesome receivers and a damn great QB.
Good luck to two great programs.

Aren't we like 0-1 there?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Wtf are you talking about? EWU plays at Texas Tech this week

I meant to say the week after xthumbsupx. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with my own schedule let alone Fordham's and EWU's.....

dudeitsaid
August 31st, 2017, 01:14 AM
We will get in town on Thursday. Staying in Spokane Valley. What are some of the good to great restaurants in Spokane? Are there any good eating places in Cheney?

The Denny's is awesome.

Truthfully, there are a lot of restaurants in the Valley. We have the typical chains like Red Robin, Outback Steakhouse, etc. A couple of very good local restaurants are Twigs martini bar (food is great, drinks are even better) and Max at Mirabeau. If you want to go into the U-District, you can visit one of the restaurants I oversee next door to Gonzaga. It's a "fresh, fast casual" joint called Caruso's Sandwiches and Artisan Pizza. You won't be disappointed.

There isn't much I'd stake my word on in Cheney. Maybe Lenny's, but most of the other restaurants are fast food.

kalm
August 31st, 2017, 07:37 AM
The Denny's is awesome.

Truthfully, there are a lot of restaurants in the Valley. We have the typical chains like Red Robin, Outback Steakhouse, etc. A couple of very good local restaurants are Twigs martini bar (food is great, drinks are even better) and Max at Mirabeau. If you want to go into the U-District, you can visit one of the restaurants I oversee next door to Gonzaga. It's a "fresh, fast casual" joint called Caruso's Sandwiches and Artisan Pizza. You won't be disappointed.

There isn't much I'd stake my word on in Cheney. Maybe Lenny's, but most of the other restaurants are fast food.

El Rodeo is excellent Mexican food. Barrelhouse and Monterrey have decent pizza. A Belly Buster, tots, and tartar sauce from Zips is worth the stop on the way out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
After watching a lot of the Eastern/TT game, EWU better bring some physicality on defense or they will get run off that red turf.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 12:19 PM
Is there a betting line on this game yet?

kalm
September 3rd, 2017, 02:16 PM
After watching a lot of the Eastern/TT game, EWU better bring some physicality on defense or they will get run off that red turf.

We need to dramatically improve almost everywhere. The DL should be a strength but we are thin LB. NDSU backs getting to the second level is a huge concern.

knit35
September 3rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
I may not be able to watch this game just based on the contrasting color schemes much less EWU's terrible D

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2017, 07:27 PM
I just want this game to happen already

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 3rd, 2017, 08:47 PM
I will be there in the meth capital of the Northwest. I hope NDSU drops 93 on them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 08:53 PM

Yeah, I thought going in, that EWU could handle TT with ease.

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2017, 09:21 PM
If EWU takes out the bison somehow in this game that's more of a bad sign for NDSU than it is a good sign for EWU IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
If EWU takes out the bison somehow in this game that's more of a bad sign for NDSU than it is a good sign for EWU IMHO.

I agree.

geaux_sioux
September 3rd, 2017, 09:32 PM

I was pretty shocked with how EWU looked. I expected them to at least put up points and keep pace. Also I though their coach called their secondary their best ever this year. Tough to replace those 3 WRs and HC and OC without a drop off.

dudeitsaid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:50 PM
I will be there in the meth capital of the Northwest. I hope NDSU drops 93 on them

It's only the "meth capital" when you roll into town in your RV...

Redbird 4th & short
September 3rd, 2017, 09:55 PM
I was pretty shocked with how EWU looked. I expected them to at least put up points and keep pace. Also I though their coach called their secondary their best ever this year. Tough to replace those 3 WRs and HC and OC without a drop off.
Hard to comprehend how you lose a game 56-10 ... running the ball 36 times at 2.3 ypc, and then passing just 36 times at 65% clip and 10 yards per catch .... why wouldn't you throw more to catch up ... it's what EWU roster was built for under prior coaches. I realize this new coach has a new style .. but he inherited this roster and QB that can throw it with a veteran OL. Why weren't they throwing more when they were down ?? Playing not to get blown out .. definitely not what their roster was recruited and built to do. Was Gubrud playing hurt ?

dudeitsaid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:55 PM

We were down a couple starters on defense...not that that would've changed the outcome much. Next Saturday will tell us alot about what kind of team we will be this year. I'm a heck of a lot less confident in this being a great game like last years after yesterday. But, we've had some tough games and had the mentality to bounce back in the past. I hope Best is able to continue that culture. If not, next Saturday won't be pretty for the Eagles.

dudeitsaid
September 3rd, 2017, 10:00 PM
Hard to comprehend how you lose a game 56-10 ... running the ball 36 times at 2.3 ypc, and then passing just 36 times at 65% clip and 10 yards per catch .... why wouldn't you throw more to catch up ... it's what EWU roster was built for under prior coaches. I realize this new coach has a new style .. but he inherited this roster and QB that can throw it with a veteran OL. Why weren't they throwing more when they were down ?? Playing not to get blown out .. definitely not what their roster was recruited and built to do. Was Gubrud playing hurt ?

That probably would've been wise. Baldwin always tried to do what worked. If it was rushing, we did a lot of it, like in 2010. But more often than not, it's been slinging the rock. The O-line did a decent job of protecting the QB. That being said, the passing game didn't feel like it was in sync either yesterday. We had a couple of sure TD's where the receivers were interfered with (if they could've caught the ball), and just couldn't seem to get an scoring early. Those penalties were timely in that they were effective in killing our drives. In any case, we didn't adjust and recover, and it was ugly.

That being said, I do think the talent level is incredibly rich on the team, but as you noted, coaching decisions play a big part. I still think EWU can make some noise this year.

Redbird 4th & short
September 3rd, 2017, 10:04 PM
That probably would've been wise. Baldwin always tried to do what worked. If it was rushing, we did a lot of it, like in 2010. But more often than not, it's been slinging the rock. The O-line did a decent job of protecting the QB. That being said, the passing game didn't feel like it was in sync either yesterday. We had a couple of sure TD's where the receivers were interfered with (if they could've caught the ball), and just couldn't seem to get an scoring early. Those penalties were timely in that they were effective in killing our drives. In any case, we didn't adjust and recover, and it was ugly.

That being said, I do think the talent level is incredibly rich on the team, but as you noted, coaching decisions play a big part. I still think EWU can make some noise this year.
do you worry this current Baldwin roster will lose their edge playing more conservatively ?

tomq04
September 3rd, 2017, 10:34 PM
do you worry this current Baldwin roster will lose their edge playing more conservatively ?
After 1 game, yes. However I also know you can't judge a season by a single bad loss.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2017, 10:43 PM
Even before the Texas Tech game (didn't expect EWU to win, didn't expect them to lose by 46) I thought the Eagles were in trouble against the Bison. As it is now, I'll be surprised if EWU stays within 2 TDs. This will be interesting because the Eagles expect to compete with and beat NDSU....

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 3rd, 2017, 10:48 PM
It's only the "meth capital" when you roll into town in your RV...Except people like me wouldn't be caught dead in an RV.............no offense to your mom

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
Except people like me wouldn't be caught dead in an RV.............no offense to your mom

Cmon, you're confusing RV and singlewide.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 3rd, 2017, 10:50 PM
NDSU is going to double what Texas Tech did against the Eagles. It seriously w ouldnt surprise me if Eastern didn't score

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2017, 10:52 PM
Cmon, you're confusing RV and singlewide.

Pretty sure she's a double wide.......oh you meant an actual trailer house, my bad

penguinpower
September 3rd, 2017, 11:07 PM
NDSU is going to double what Texas Tech did against the Eagles. It seriously w ouldnt surprise me if Eastern didn't score

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dewey
September 3rd, 2017, 11:16 PM

No disrespect to EWU but I agree with this^^^^^

Dewey

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 11:20 PM

I doubt this....Last time AGRIZ made these bold statements we got throttled. I think its part of a jinx.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2017, 11:35 PM
I doubt this....Last time AGRIZ made these bold statements we got throttled. I think its part of a jinx.

Unless the Bison team bus gets lost in the Palouse I think you'll be jinx free....

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 11:40 PM
Unless the Bison team bus gets lost in the Palouse I think you'll be jinx free....

Well, the last time someone got lost in the Palouse was when Howard University's namesake was chasing Chief Joseph.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2017, 11:42 PM
Well, the last time someone got lost in the Palouse was when Howard University's namesake was chasing Chief Joseph.

So there's precedent? Perhaps Alpha is on to something xeyebrowx

POD Knows
September 4th, 2017, 06:37 AM
EWU over NDSU #bookit, bet the ranch, I am serious. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Thundar
September 4th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Our D is superb, just well rounded much like 2013, i watched the replay of the EWU game and I just don't see them hanging in, im guessing we will pound the rock all day long

Anything's possible with a long road game though

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Our D is superb, just well rounded much like 2013, i watched the replay of the EWU game and I just don't see them hanging in, im guessing we will pound the rock all day long

Anything's possible with a long road game though

EWU needs to win this game and more than likely will come out and play well at home. That said, NDSU's defense is tough, strong and fast this year....tough to tell against MVSU but they were gap sound and many players got playing time...good thing.

NDSU by 2 TDs

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 08:31 AM
EWU over NDSU #bookit, bet the ranch, I am serious. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There it is!

Thumper, you know it's eventually coming for you.

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 09:44 AM
So there's precedent? Perhaps Alpha is on to something xeyebrowx

Yeah, he got into quite the flame war with the JMU crowd before that game last year....

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2017, 09:46 AM
There it is!

Thumper, you know it's eventually coming for you.

https://media.tenor.com/images/9867b1fa3ac337972f761e313a177609/tenor.gif

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 09:56 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/9867b1fa3ac337972f761e313a177609/tenor.gif

http://m.memegen.com/3lpd72.jpg

POD Knows
September 4th, 2017, 09:56 AM
There it is!

Thumper, you know it's eventually coming for you.I took SDSU down in the playoffs with that plus the $200 I lost betting on the Jacks. They had no chance.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I took SDSU down in the playoffs with that plus the $200 I lost betting on the Jacks. They had no chance.

It is tried and true. You have some voodoo magic going on with that.

geaux_sioux
September 4th, 2017, 10:20 AM
We were down a couple starters on defense...not that that would've changed the outcome much. Next Saturday will tell us alot about what kind of team we will be this year. I'm a heck of a lot less confident in this being a great game like last years after yesterday. But, we've had some tough games and had the mentality to bounce back in the past. I hope Best is able to continue that culture. If not, next Saturday won't be pretty for the Eagles.

I just wonder if that mentality resides in Berkley now.

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2017, 10:48 AM
They put the track there for two reasons - The red intensity falls off at a factor of 1/distance squared, so that helps save your eyes. The other reason is because it provides a safe space buffer for snowballs.

So why isn't the track also red? NCAA rules?

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 11:00 AM

So that your retina is only partially burnt and not fully?

kalm
September 4th, 2017, 11:02 AM

It should be black. That would accentuate the gorgeous red field nicely.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Racist

Redbird 4th & short
September 4th, 2017, 01:57 PM
After 1 game, yes. However I also know you can't judge a season by a single bad loss.
completely agree and was thinking of deleting my post ... but my question wasn't aimed at what your team is capable of having had one bad game .. note TX Tech offense is very potent, it is their defense that is highly suspect which makes 10 points very surprising.

But my question was entirely aimed at a coach who may be much more comfortable playing it safe, despite having a potent roster that was built by someone who is the polar opposite (i.e. Baldwin). Agree this is no need to panic .. but one would hope your coach would adapt somewhat to cards he was dealt in year 1. So agree, there is no need to panic if he adapts. He's got 1 year old game film on NDSU ... might want to adapt based on that. I just doubt you guys will succeed playing "carefully" against Bison.

AmsterBison
September 4th, 2017, 02:32 PM
NDSU's left tackle done for the year with an ACL... the talk about him (Dillon Radunz) was that he was going to be the best LT to come out of NDSU.

Lost a backup RB (Demaris Purifoy) with the same injury. Haven't heard about the safety's knee injury.

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 02:40 PM
NDSU's left tackle done for the year with an ACL... the talk about him (Dillon Radunz) was that he was going to be the best LT to come out of NDSU.

Lost a backup RB (Demaris Purifoy) with the same injury. Haven't heard about the safety's knee injury.

So the bleeding starts...

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 03:04 PM

Great, now the LT is done for the year?

GodHelpTheBears
September 4th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Extremely disappointing loss. New coach has to prove to me he is competent before I start giving EWU benefit of the doubt. I have to pick the Bison.

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2017, 03:59 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/904782972351643648

:(

jmufan999
September 4th, 2017, 04:01 PM
sorry to hear about the injury. that's the worst. medical redshirt, maybe?

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2017, 04:10 PM
sorry to hear about the injury. that's the worst. medical redshirt, maybe?

Nope - he already redshirted I believe.

That's three injuries in one game. Hopefully that average doesn't hold.

dewey
September 4th, 2017, 04:17 PM

Dillon Radunz redshirted last year so he is not eligible for a redshirt. He may apply for a medical hardship at the end of his career (i.e. Zach Vraa did this).

Demaris Purifoy also redshirted last year. Watching the game you could see when he ripped his knee up.

Too bad about losing Jaxon Brown (backup safety...I am not sure if he was SS or FS). James Hendricks looked good at one of the safety spots.

Tough to lose a starting left tackle.

Dewey

Bisonator
September 4th, 2017, 05:00 PM
JFC only one game into the season and we are already down 4 players and 3 for the season! Not good....:(

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Dillon Radunz redshirted last year so he is not eligible for a redshirt. He may apply for a medical hardship at the end of his career (i.e. Zach Vraa did this).

Demaris Purifoy also redshirted last year. Watching the game you could see when he ripped his knee up.

Too bad about losing Jaxon Brown (backup safety...I am not sure if he was SS or FS). James Hendricks looked good at one of the safety spots.

Tough to lose a starting left tackle.

Dewey

NDSU cannot catch a break. Play some of the toughest teams and future NFL draft picks go down. Play some of the weakest teams and the LT who is supposed to be better than Billy goes down. This is not good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Tough losses for the Bison. Collin Conner played LT last year and will stay there. Sounds like Bacon is moving over to be his backup. OL will be fine.

dewey
September 4th, 2017, 05:07 PM
NDSU cannot catch a break. Play some of the toughest teams and future NFL draft picks go down. Play some of the weakest teams and the LT who is supposed to be better than Billy goes down. This is not good.The good thing is that they can move last year's left tackle (Collin Conner) back to tackle and find a left guard.

Tough start to the year with 2 starters down already.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 05:11 PM
The good thing is that they can move last year's left tackle (Collin Conner) back to tackle and find a left guard.

Tough start to the year with 2 starters down already.

Dewey

I get that, but eventually the continuity breaks down and the rest of the offense suffers. I am glad the Conner already has PT at LT, but this is just getting ridiculous how often crucial guys are going down.

Thundar
September 4th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Losing Dillan really hurts, kid is a legit P5 quality LT. He was destroying everyone out there. Team should be fine but it sucks for him...and Purifoy damn..:(

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Heading out in an about an hour. First stop Bozeman.

dewey
September 4th, 2017, 08:16 PM

Safe travels to you and the wife and anyone else in your group.

Dewey

BisonTru
September 4th, 2017, 08:48 PM

Tough break.

We need to get some FBS warm up games back on the schedule. xcoolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2017, 08:56 PM

Safe travels!

Bozeman is great! I miss it greatly! I spent an awesome 3 years there!

Catbooster
September 5th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Hope you have a fun, safe trip. You can barely see the mountains here with all of the smoke.

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Sounds like the fires may have a chance of screwing everything up for this game.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/04/air-deteriorates-to-very-unhealthy-in-spokane-as-w/#/0

You'll notice that air quality is currently above 400 on a scale that goes from 0-500.

NCAA policy states ALL ATHLETES be removed from any practice or competition when the scale goes above 200.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/June2016CSMAS_Report_20160721.pdf

Good chance this game doesn't happen unless this cuts in half, and fast.

Wilson16
September 5th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Sounds like the fires may have a chance of screwing everything up for this game.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/04/air-deteriorates-to-very-unhealthy-in-spokane-as-w/#/0

You'll notice that air quality is currently above 400 on a scale that goes from 0-500.

NCAA policy states ALL ATHLETES be removed from any practice or competition when the scale goes above 200.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/June2016CSMAS_Report_20160721.pdf

Good chance this game doesn't happen unless this cuts in half, and fast.
Maybe it will get under 200 but still deaden the glare of the red field.

Professor Chaos
September 5th, 2017, 04:39 PM
FWIW, the air quality alert for Spokane County issued by the National Weather Service is scheduled to expire at noon PT on Friday. I'm no meteoroligist but the wording of the alert does seem to give some hope that the air will be (relatively) cleared up by Saturday:

https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USWA0073:1:US?phenomena=TAQ&significance=L&areaid=WAC063&office=KOTX&etn=0000

AIR QUALITY DEGRADED ACROSS THE REGION WITH MOST SENSORS ACROSS EASTERN WASHINGTON CURRENTLY IN VERY UNHEALTHY TO HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS. NORTHEAST AND EAST WINDS BROUGHT THICK SMOKE IN FROM MONTANA AND BC WILDFIRES. THE EASTERLY FLOW PATTERN WILL CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY, BECOMING LIGHTER EACH DAY. THE PATTERN IS EXPECTED TO PERSIST UNTIL A COLD FRONT PASSAGE LATE THURSDAY, FOLLOWED BY AN INCREASED SOUTHWESTERLY FLOW BY FRIDAY MORNING.

TheKingpin28
September 5th, 2017, 05:28 PM
So if there is an issue, let's just move the game to the Fargodome then?

:D

Bisonoline
September 5th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Hope you have a fun, safe trip. You can barely see the mountains here with all of the smoke.

Where are some really good places to eat.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2017, 05:40 PM

Just walk up and down main street. Open Range was good iirc. There's a ton of quality places from dives to college dives.

Catbooster
September 5th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Any type of food in particular?

Just walk up and down main street. Open Range was good iirc. There's a ton of quality places from dives to college dives.
Good advice, although we're getting more restaurants spread around in other neighborhoods lately.

Catbooster
September 5th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Here's what it looked like in Bozeman Sunday afternoon. That red dot is the sun in the late afternoon. We don't have any significant fires in the area - smoke's coming from other areas. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26005&stc=1

Bisonoline
September 5th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Any type of food in particular?

Good advice, although we're getting more restaurants spread around in other neighborhoods lately.

How is Sante Fe Reds?

Catbooster
September 5th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Good. I haven't eaten there lately, but have always enjoyed it when I did.

Edit: As I recall, it's reasonably priced and a decent variety - I don't think I've had anything but mexican food there, so not familiar with what other options there are.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Is there a betting line on this yet?

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 07:40 PM
$1

BNATION
September 5th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Looking forward to this one. What network?

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 07:51 PM

ESPN3

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 08:00 PM
$1

fair enough

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 08:01 PM

Clawman will be streaming on facebook live.

Professor Chaos
September 5th, 2017, 08:21 PM
https://twitter.com/TheHerd215/status/905082765862985728

kalm
September 5th, 2017, 08:31 PM
FWIW, the air quality alert for Spokane County issued by the National Weather Service is scheduled to expire at noon PT on Friday. I'm no meteoroligist but the wording of the alert does seem to give some hope that the air will be (relatively) cleared up by Saturday:

https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/USWA0073:1:US?phenomena=TAQ&significance=L&areaid=WAC063&office=KOTX&etn=0000

The smoke right now is coming out of Montanada. When the wind shifts to SWerly, we'll be right in line for the Eagle Creek Fire in the Columbia River Gorge. That's still relatively small at 10,000 acres but growing and is 0% contained. The Gorge is steep in those parts and it's a wind surfing Mecca So....... Tough to put down.

The whole damn PNW is ablaze. I can't see **** and I fear for the Bizon fans who won't get to witness the beautiful Inferno with complete clarity!

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 08:32 PM
The smoke right now is coming out of Montanada. When the wind shifts to SWerly, we'll be right in line for the Eagle Creek Fire in the Columbia River Gorge. That's still relatively small at 10,000 acres but growing and is 0% contained. The Gorge is steep in those parts and it's a wind surfing Mecca So....... Tough to put down.

The whole damn PNW is ablaze. I can't see **** and I fear for the Bizon fans who won't get to witness the beautiful Inferno with complete clarity!

Perfect, they won't need to bring their eclipse glasses, and the players won't need to have their eclipse eye shields.

kalm
September 5th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Perfect, they won't need to bring their eclipse glasses, and the players won't need to have their eclipse eye shields.

That's a hurtful post, untrue, and unnecessary! Take it back!

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 08:41 PM
That's a hurtful post, untrue, and unnecessary! Take it back!

I could have called the "Red Inferno" the "Ruptured Hemorrhoid" like I do in other threads......

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 5th, 2017, 09:07 PM
NDSU by 8.5 Five dimes. 1660am show said this today.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Do both Lance and Bruce go over 100 yards?

Will EWU crowd the box?

Hopefully NDSU's defensive staff doesn't use that 3 man rush crap. Bring pressure and force mistakes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2017, 10:13 PM
NDSU 35-13

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Go to the Oasis in Manhattan other than that Bozeman is a chain restaurant town and there really are not any good local places other than the Pickle Barrel.

Bisonator
September 6th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hard to figure this game out looking at last weeks results. EWU has to be a bit concerned with their offense only mustering 10 points against a pretty shoddy Texas Tech defense. Maybe they just haven't gelled yet with the new players and offensive coaches. Think NDSU wins by a couple TD's at least right now.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Go to the Oasis in Manhattan other than that Bozeman is a chain restaurant town and there really are not any good local places other than the Pickle Barrel.You got any suggestions for Kallispell?

Grizalltheway
September 6th, 2017, 09:23 AM
You got any suggestions for Kallispell?
Moose's saloon. You can eat your weight in free peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Moose's saloon. You can eat your weight in free peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.How is that DeSoto joint, I am jonesing for some BQ.

Grizalltheway
September 6th, 2017, 09:58 AM
How is that DeSoto joint, I am jonesing for some BQ.
Haven't eaten there but have heard good things.

JayMYou
September 6th, 2017, 10:29 AM
EW looks to be struggling to overcome the talent they lost last year. NDSU should win by several scores in what should be a "low scoring" game by EW standards.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2017, 10:36 AM
EW looks to be struggling to overcome the talent they lost last year. NDSU should win by several scores in what should be a "low scoring" game by EW standards.

They have talent - they just seem to have not gelled yet. Their defense basically shutdown during the 1st quarter against Texas Tech. Hopefully they don't gel until a few weeks from now. ;)

semobison
September 6th, 2017, 11:06 AM
They have talent - they just seem to have not gelled yet. Their defense basically shutdown during the 1st quarter against Texas Tech. Hopefully they don't gel until a few weeks from now. ;)

I thought EWU was outplaying TT in the first qtr. but their WR's dropped a bunch of passes. Their passing game still makes me nervous!

bizon87
September 6th, 2017, 11:16 AM
38-17 ndsu, and im being generous with the 17. Cain has a break out game, i think he is going to be a very special player

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2017, 11:22 AM
38-17 ndsu, and im being generous with the 17. Cain has a break out game, i think he is going to be a very special player
I like Cain as well but I don't see him being ready yet to bust out. He got a ton of reps in garbage time last week which tells me that the coaches don't feel he's completely grasped the offense yet. They even mentioned on the telecast that the coaches hope he's up to speed with the offense by the conference season. I do think he's going to break out this year as a special talent in the NDSU WR corps but it won't be until October-ish.

citdog
September 6th, 2017, 11:58 AM
NDSU folks please believe Kalm when he says to buy your beer at the grocery store where you turn right to head to the campus. It will save you turning around and heading back there to do so.

kalm
September 6th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Best wants us to be more physical. To be able to run the ball and close out playoff games against exactly the likes of NDSU. This will take time of course. I think we need to be pass first in this one to open up the run. A good day from Gubrud keeps this a close game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Moose's saloon. You can eat your weight in free peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.This and they have pretty good pizza

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Best wants us to be more physical. To be able to run the ball and close out playoff games against exactly the likes of NDSU. This will take time of course. I think we need to be pass first in this one to open up the run. A good day from Gubrud keeps this a close game.

Are you guys trying to do more traditional offense (power, under center, clock management) or is he still sticking to an uptempo spread just with more run game involved?

BNATION
September 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Ill take the Bison 32-19.

kalm
September 6th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Are you guys trying to do more traditional offense (power, under center, clock management) or is he still sticking to an uptempo spread just with more run game involved?

The latter at least for now and we've had some great seasons rushing the ball out of the spread with Quincy Firte a few years ago and Taiwan Jones before that.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Ill take the Bison 32-19.

I sort of feel like this is a good bet but I know these Eags over the last many years and they have a high level of talent that can keep things pretty even into the late 4th qtr. and I think they will. With that in mind I'm adding 10 more points to the EWU side but I do think the Bison should pull this out.

Eagles do have a good shot to win it though in my mind. I Think this will be a great game.

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 05:56 PM
NDSU 35-13

i concur.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I sort of feel like this is a good bet but I know these Eags over the last many years and they have a high level of talent that can keep things pretty even into the late 4th qtr. and I think they will. With that in mind I'm adding 10 more points to the EWU side but I do think the Bison should pull this out.

Eagles do have a good shot to win it though in my mind. I Think this will be a great game.

My daughter at NDSU is friends with some of the players and they are embarrassed they gave up that many points last year.....coaches to blame more IMO. They are ready to stop this offense. Now they need to go out and do it.

citdog
September 6th, 2017, 06:46 PM
My daughter at NDSU is friends with some of the players and they are embarrassed they gave up that many points last year.....coaches to blame more IMO. They are ready to stop this offense. Now they need to go out and do it.

Did the Coaches fail to cover Cooper Kupp? Did the Coaches fail to tackle? Your post is laughably idiotic.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Did the Coaches fail to cover Cooper Kupp? Did the Coaches fail to tackle? Your post is laughably idiotic.

If you have read my past posts on this, the defensive scheme by the coaches is what almost lost this. Idiotic is you posting your sh**!

Schism55
September 6th, 2017, 06:57 PM
If you have read my past posts on this, the defensive scheme by the coaches is what almost lost this. Idiotic is you posting your sh**!
So much this. Colossal mistake by the defensive staff last year, will suplex my tv if they do that **** again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2017, 07:04 PM
So much this. Colossal mistake by the defensive staff last year, will suplex my tv if they do that **** again.

I sure hope they do not use that 3 man front at all. It gave Gubrud all day to find a receiver. Bring pressure and mistakes will happen. I doubt Plank will be in there much, probably buckle with Board and DeLuca covering or blitzing.

It will be interesting to see what Entz does....

kalm
September 6th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Just as a reminder, Kupp only played about half that game. But I'm hoping NDSU brings another guy down this time. I think that helps us.

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 07:55 PM
I sure hope they do not use that 3 man front at all. It gave Gubrud all day to find a receiver. Bring pressure and mistakes will happen. I doubt Plank will be in there much, probably buckle with Board and DeLuca covering or blitzing.

It will be interesting to see what Entz does....

It also forced Gubrud to hold onto the ball longer. We bet we could get pressure with Menard, Ambrosius, and Tanguay only. Fortunately for those not wanting to see that again we are missing two of that threesome.

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM

I can agree with this. Eastern damn near took us at home a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game only them pulling it out on their isore turf.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2017, 08:19 PM
It also forced Gubrud to hold onto the ball longer. We bet we could get pressure with Menard, Ambrosius, and Tanguay only. Fortunately for those not wanting to see that again we are missing two of that threesome.

You take Gubrub out of his comfort zone by bringing pressure. That is when mistakes can happen. 3 man rush didn't work last year. We'll see what they do this year. Plus DeLuca is 100% thus year.

Lorne_Malvo
September 6th, 2017, 08:37 PM
You take Gubrub out of his comfort zone by bringing pressure. That is when mistakes can happen. 3 man rush didn't work last year. We'll see what they do this year. Plus DeLuca is 100% thus year. Deluca may very well be the deciding factor in the game.

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 08:51 PM
You take Gubrub out of his comfort zone by bringing pressure. That is when mistakes can happen. 3 man rush didn't work last year. We'll see what they do this year. Plus DeLuca is 100% thus year.

You keep guys out of their comfort zone by keeping them guessing. I wasn't disappointed with the three man front, but we needed to bring 4 or 5 more often out of it, IMHO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Deluca may very well be the deciding factor in the game.

Having him 100% will be nice!!

Run the ball until EWU proves they can stop it. Play action should also work.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 09:48 PM
This and they have pretty good pizza

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkNo, Mooses sucks, we ate lunch at DeSoto's, decent BBQ and a pretty cool place. Went to Moose's later, no waitresses, to have to order from the bar and if you can get somebody to wait on you it is a hassle. Only beer and wine and the food looked like ****. We didn't eat but saw some of the food, not impressed. There was also a bunch of 10 year old kids running around in that dark hole of a joint. I think it would be a decent place if they had waitresses and maybe put 3 or 4 more 40 watt bulbs in the place. I love dive bars, my family owned a dive bar in North Dakota. This place was weak.

Grizalltheway
September 6th, 2017, 10:29 PM
No, Mooses sucks, we ate lunch at DeSoto's, decent BBQ and a pretty cool place. Went to Moose's later, no waitresses, to have to order from the bar and if you can get somebody to wait on you it is a hassle. Only beer and wine and the food looked like ****. We didn't eat but saw some of the food, not impressed. There was also a bunch of 10 year old kids running around in that dark hole of a joint. I think it would be a decent place if they had waitresses and maybe put 3 or 4 more 40 watt bulbs in the place. I love dive bars, my family owned a dive bar in North Dakota. This place was weak.
Sorry, forgot you were from North Dakota. Next time I'll direct you to the nearest Golden Corral or Applebee's.xlolx

geaux_sioux
September 6th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Sorry, forgot you were from North Dakota. Next time I'll direct you to the nearest Golden Corral or Applebee's.xlolx
I'm proud to say Golden Corral only lasted a few months in Grand Forks

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 10:33 PM

Our Golden Corral got shutdown. I'm sure they are replacing it with another Applebees, tho. FML. :(

cx500d
September 6th, 2017, 10:34 PM
I'm proud to say Golden Corral only lasted a few months in Grand Forks

I've heard about your magnificent Olive Garden, though

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Sorry, forgot you were from North Dakota. Next time I'll direct you to the nearest Golden Corral or Applebee's.xlolxYea, Moose's is a high end joint, nice try. What, do you own that place?

geaux_sioux
September 6th, 2017, 10:38 PM
I've heard about your magnificent Olive Garden, though
It's kind of a big deal.

Grizalltheway
September 6th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Yea, Moose's is a high end joint, nice try. What, do you own that place?
No I do not. And I didn't say anything about the food other than the peanuts. It is a saloon, not a restaurant, after all.

cx500d
September 6th, 2017, 10:53 PM
No I do not. And I didn't say anything about the food other than the peanuts. It is a saloon, not a restaurant, after all.

Nah, a saloon has a name like The Bucket of Blood, the Jersey Lilly, Aces and 8's, or something like that.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 10:55 PM
No I do not. And I didn't say anything about the food other than the peanuts. It is a saloon, not a restaurant, after all.I have been in saloon's, most of them have lighting and people that might actually try and get your business. Saloon, nice try, there were 10 year old kids running around in there getting peanuts for their parents.

Saloon, you can get a wine cooler there but not a whiskey, awesome place.

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2017, 11:04 PM
I have been in saloon's, most of them have lighting and people that might actually try and get your business. Saloon, nice try, there were 10 year old kids running around in there getting peanuts for their parents.

Saloon, you can get a wine cooler there but not a whiskey, awesome place.

Hit up any fine American institutions like Waffle House yet? :D

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 6th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Our Golden Corral got shutdown. I'm sure they are replacing it with another Applebees, tho. FML. :(
Applebee's are closing all over the nation.

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 11:13 PM

Good. Now if Cracker Barrel will hire Brad's wife back everything can be good again.

Serpentor
September 6th, 2017, 11:49 PM

All the millennials' fault, of course. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/11/applebees-is-done-trying-to-win-over-millennials/?utm_term=.1e09b2b29e0a)

Bisonoline
September 6th, 2017, 11:57 PM

Fargo-Moorhead already has 3 of them.

geaux_sioux
September 7th, 2017, 07:29 AM
All the millennials' fault, of course. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/11/applebees-is-done-trying-to-win-over-millennials/?utm_term=.1e09b2b29e0a)
Or maybe they should have never used microwaves for everything but beer?

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 07:52 AM

When I feel like being waited on, I head to the saloon.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2017, 08:24 AM
After meeting 02 I never would have guessed his dad was so prissy. (explains the Nickelback)xcoffeex

I should be in Spokane late Friday and leaving in the middle of the third qtr with the Bison up 56-10

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 09:37 AM
After meeting 02 I never would have guessed his dad was so prissy. (explains the Nickelback)xcoffeex

I should be in Spokane late Friday and leaving in the middle of the third qtr with the Bison up 56-10Not prissy, just entitled.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 09:39 AM
When I feel like waiting, I head to the saloon.FYP

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 09:44 AM
FYP

Did you sit their glaring at Shorty the barkeep while he was spit cleaning glassware, hoping he'd catch your gaze and come out and serve you?

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Did you sit their glaring at Shorty the barkeep while he was spit cleaning glassware, hoping he'd catch your gaze and come out and serve you?LOL. Yea pretty much. I was an out of towner and I didn't know how much abuse I should heap on the locals.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Did you sit their glaring at Shorty the barkeep while he was spit cleaning glassware, hoping he'd catch your gaze and come out and serve you?
Should have flashed some cleavage. That never fails.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 09:52 AM
LOL. Yea pretty much. I was an out of towner and I didn't know how much abuse I should heap on the locals.
Word to the wise, most of the people in the Flathead pack heat, even in bars.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Word to the wise, most of the people in the Flathead pack heat, even in bars.Yea. I am used to that. I might give the place another try at some point in time. I like dive bars but there was only about 15 people in that place and what appeared to be about 3 bartenders and they were slow as ****. BTW. Why can't you get a mixed drink in there, they too cheap to pay for the license.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Yea. I am used to that. I might give the place another try at some point in time. I like dive bars but there was only about 15 people in that place and what appeared to be about 3 bartenders and they were slow as ****. BTW. Why can't you get a mixed drink in there, they too cheap to pay for the license.

I don't know, maybe they sold it? Could have sworn I had hard alcohol there at one point, but that was 7 years or so ago. They don't issue new liquor licenses anymore so you either have to buy one from a place that doesn't want it anymore or bid on it when a place goes out of business.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I don't know, maybe they sold it? Could have sworn I had hard alcohol there at one point, but that was 7 years or so ago. They don't issue new liquor licenses anymore so you either have to buy one from a place that doesn't want it anymore or bid on it when a place goes out of business.Seriously? What is the point of that? If you can get a wine cooler but can't get a shot of whiskey, you shouldn't be able to call yourself a saloon.

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I don't know, maybe they sold it? Could have sworn I had hard alcohol there at one point, but that was 7 years or so ago. They don't issue new liquor licenses anymore so you either have to buy one from a place that doesn't want it anymore or bid on it when a place goes out of business.

What in the hell? Montana going soft...xnonono2x

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Not prissy, just entitled.

Many keks were had

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2017, 12:53 PM
LOL. Yea pretty much. I was an out of towner and I didn't know how much abuse I should heap on the locals.Very few people in Kalismell.....are locals

clawman
September 7th, 2017, 01:03 PM
And football is an OUTDOOR sport

citdog
September 7th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Hit up any fine American institutions like Waffle House yet? :D

There isn't a single goddam thing wrong with the Waffle House. Except the food.

clawman
September 7th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Tracks suck.
domes suck more

clawman
September 7th, 2017, 01:54 PM
You got any suggestions for Kallispell?

Moose's on the main drag through town is classic Montana. They serve pizza only, but its good.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Moose's on the main drag through town is classic Montana. They serve pizza only, but its good.
This.

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Seriously? What is the point of that? If you can get a wine cooler but can't get a shot of whiskey, you shouldn't be able to call yourself a saloon.
10000% this. How in the **** can you have the balls to call a place a saloon that you can't get a goddamn whiskey from? Anyone who calls that place a saloon is ten ply soft xcoffeex

domes suck more
Ah yes, the classic #notastadium debate, put a track around it or a roof over it.

BisonTru
September 7th, 2017, 02:10 PM
domes suck more
'
Poors xcoolx

clawman
September 7th, 2017, 02:16 PM
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=hi&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=rain&w8=thunder&w10u=0&w13u=1&AheadHour=48&FcstType=graphical&textField1=47.489&textField2=-117.5748&site=all&unit=0&dd=&bw=&BackDay.x=43&BackDay.y=5
Nat weather service is forecasting SW winds @ 20mph game time gusts to 30+.
This will clear out the smoke but also clear out Eastern completions!

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 02:50 PM
domes suck more
Yes but the difference is no one will confuse the Fargodome for a high school stadium. xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Yes but the difference is no one will confuse the Fargodome for a high school stadium. xcoffeex

But you might find yourself in the middle of a tractor pull if you show up on the wrong day.

UNIFanSince1983
September 7th, 2017, 03:14 PM

You may confuse it for an airplane hangar...

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2017, 03:24 PM

Better than a water treatment facility. :D

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2017, 03:28 PM

Or a shopping mall

UNIFanSince1983
September 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Better than a water treatment facility. :D

#NotADome

dome
dōm/
noun

a rounded vault forming the roof of a building or structure, typically with a circular base.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM
domes suck more

5 titles > 1 title

- - - Updated - - -

But you might find yourself in the middle of a tractor pull if you show up on the wrong day.

5 titles > 2 titles

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2017, 04:39 PM
5 titles > 1 title

- - - Updated - - -

5 titles > 2 titles

Yep, 5 titles and y'all still need to start with the stadium smack. Talk about insecure. xlolx

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Been there, walked out of there. Check the thread

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 04:41 PM
10000% this. How in the **** can you have the balls to call a place a saloon that you can't get a goddamn whiskey from? Anyone who calls that place a saloon is ten ply soft xcoffeex

Ah yes, the classic #notastadium debate, put a track around it or a roof over it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis and there were little kids running around too. Weak as ****.

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Not prissy, just entitled.

Who is your new Avatar? Alice Cooper?

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Yea. I am used to that. I might give the place another try at some point in time. I like dive bars but there was only about 15 people in that place and what appeared to be about 3 bartenders and they were slow as ****. BTW. Why can't you get a mixed drink in there, they too cheap to pay for the license.

Mixed drink in a saloon? I'm pretty sure every Western I have ever seen (and I pretty much have seen them all), the cowboy goes into the saloon and orders one of two items:
1. Whisky
2. Beer

There is no amaretto sours, or tom collins, or cosmopolitans in a saloon.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hit up any fine American institutions like Waffle House yet? :DNope. Eating like kings. I am traveling with a higher class of travelmate then i normally do in Waffle House country

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 04:47 PM

I like their BLT's.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 04:50 PM
You ever look at their waitresses or took a piss in their bathrooms. The bad food is just the tip of the iceberg at that chain

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2017, 04:51 PM

POD isn't very "cultured". :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Yep, 5 titles and y'all still need to start with the stadium smack. Talk about insecure. xlolx

Pointing out the facts junior.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Are they going to cancel this game due to wildfires/air quality?

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 05:47 PM

The NCAA has no air quality requirement; they have recommendations only. Some conferences do have a requirement.

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Mixed drink in a saloon? I'm pretty sure every Western I have ever seen (and I pretty much have seen them all), the cowboy goes into the saloon and orders one of two items:
1. Whisky
2. Beer

There is no amaretto sours, or tom collins, or cosmopolitans in a saloon.

Amaretto sours? Tom Collins? Is this 1962?

How about a Harvey Wallbanger or Slingapore Sing?

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 07:23 PM

Just checked NOAA. Most sensors in the region are showing unhealthy to hazardous with outdoor school activities cancelled. Low pressure and wind should help.

Saturday
Widespread haze after 11am. Patchy smoke before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Is this game going to still happen?

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 7th, 2017, 08:58 PM
The NCAA has no air quality requirement; they have recommendations only. Some conferences do have a requirement.

I read a post on Facebook that said the NCAA doesn't allow teams to practice or play if it is above 200ppm. That is why EWU has been practicing inside or driving 90 miles to practice. If it doesn't get below 200ppm i doubt there will be a game. Or the game will be moved. It was from a EWU fan, and the had the NCAA rules.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM
I read a post on Facebook that said the NCAA doesn't allow teams to practice or play if it is above 200ppm. That is why EWU has been practicing inside or driving 90 miles to practice. If it doesn't get below 200ppm i doubt there will be a game. Or the game will be moved. It was from a EWU fan, and the had the NCAA rules.

Where could they go?

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 7th, 2017, 09:14 PM
They are saying Idaho. Two domes there. Even Lakes is saying if it doesn't clear, the game will be Idaho.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2017, 09:31 PM

He just hates the Waffle House. Best mediocre food ever.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 09:38 PM
They are saying Idaho. Two domes there. Even Lakes is saying if it doesn't clear, the game will be Idaho.

Lakes?

xlolx

King of the dipsh**s.....

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 09:40 PM
He just hates the Waffle House. Best mediocre food ever.
2:30 am and I've had a few adult pops and a bong rip or 19, nothing better than waffle house xdrunkyx

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Amaretto sours? Tom Collins? Is this 1962?

How about a Harvey Wallbanger or Slingapore Sing?

Don't look at me, POD is the one going into a saloon ordering a cosmopolitan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 7th, 2017, 09:56 PM

You get your news from Facebook? That makes citing Wikipedia look downright scientific. This excerpt is from the Idaho Statesman Newspaper in Boise. It states ncaa has general guidance, not rules.

"The Air Quality Index was 191 (unhealthy, red) in Pullman as of 5 p.m. Mountain time Tuesday. It was 163 in Boise.

The Mountain West recommends not playing a game at one of its member schools if the number is above 150.

The Pac-12 doesn’t have that standard. However, Pac-12 Vice President for Communications Dave Hirsch pointed out that the NCAA Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports provided general guidance in June 2016 on air quality in response to concerns about wildfire pollution."

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article171442007.html#storylink=cpy

kalm
September 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Don't look at me, POD is the one going into a saloon ordering a cosmopolitan

Boom!

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Boom!Actually I was going to have a beer. The better half doesn't drink beer or
wine thus the problem.

geaux_sioux
September 7th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Actually I was going to have a beer. The better half doesn't drink beer or
wine thus the problem.
Sounds more like a worse half.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 12:13 AM

I see that, I love Waffle House

milleniumkat
September 8th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Why does GOD hate top 10 FCS matchups?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 12:17 AM
If they stop this game I am DONE with football its already hard to watch anymore with all the pussy rules about hitting and protecting QBs but this smoke is a ****ing joke. Its way worse in Montana and I have been elk hunting up and down mountains for 3 days.............Hazardous my ass.

Thumper 76
September 8th, 2017, 12:35 AM
Wow, citing a Facebook post followed by this? Goddamn man xlolx

Lakes?

xlolx

King of the dipsh**s.....

Helluva source to have xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Wow, citing a Facebook post followed by this? Goddamn man xlolx

Helluva source to have xlolx

Lil buddy lakes has been banned on most sites, well bisonville keeps letting him come back with different names continuously, and I wonder why.....

dewey
September 8th, 2017, 07:02 AM
There are rumors on Bisonville about another season ending injury to a NDSU player.

I am nervously hoping it is not true.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 07:23 AM
There are rumors on Bisonville about another season ending injury to a NDSU player.

Dewey

Sh**, I hope this is not true. Huge loss if it is true. Kid cannot catch a break....:(

Professor Chaos
September 8th, 2017, 07:26 AM

Dewey
Appears to be true given multiple people saying the same thing. If true I'm just sick for Nick Deluca after all he went through last year. I honestly feel like throwing up right now.

POD Knows
September 8th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Wow, terrible news for a great football player.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 08:48 AM
It's true

IBleedYellow
September 8th, 2017, 09:51 AM
This. Sucks.

Lost our best two defensive players in less than a month...most likely they both would have been All Americans.

dewey
September 8th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Here is what Dom Izzo posted on Twitter.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26025&stc=1

Dewey

POD Knows
September 8th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Here is what Dom Izzo posted on Twitter.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26025&stc=1

DeweyWTF, it would be great news if it wasn't

Professor Chaos
September 8th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I'm guessing Klieman and company were trying to keep this under wraps until after the EWU game so they might not know the diagnosis yet either. It might just be more **** being thrown against the wall but it's now rumored to be a meniscus which can be anywere from 3 weeks to 3 months depending on the type of surgery needed to repair it.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Man that SUCKS for Deluca if true. I was look forward to seeing him be a high draft pick.... Hopefully the rumors are overblown and he'll be back by the end of the season.

Professor Chaos
September 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Well, this seems overly optimistic given the rumors so far today:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/906190274757582852

I get the feeling they know he's out an extended period of time but are trying to show some gamesmanship ahead of a big game.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Well, this seems overly optimistic given the rumors so far today:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/906190274757582852

I get the feeling they know he's out an extended period of time but are trying to show some gamesmanship ahead of a big game.

Glad it's not an ACL, hopefully it's nothing that will end his season.

dewey
September 8th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Glad it's not an ACL, hopefully it's nothing that will end his season.Agreed. It is great news it is not a torn ACL.

Dewey

citdog
September 8th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Another bad break for a good kid. Wasn't there some scuttlebut about the turf in the Fargodome this offseason? It seems like a lot of knee injuries for the Bizon...

Drblankstare
September 8th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Someone bubble wrap Nate Tanguay immediately!

Bisonator
September 8th, 2017, 12:18 PM
JFC all of these injuries are piling up!xbawlingx

CappinHard
September 8th, 2017, 12:44 PM
I thought that since this news broke, the spread might move toward Eastern Washington, but it was at -10 this morning and now is at -10.5. Surprising. I think Eastern Washington at +10.5 is a solid bet. One reason people might be fading EWU is due to them having to travel for practice due to smoke.

Speaking of smoke, any word on whether smoke will affect the game tomorrow?

dewey
September 8th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Wasn't there some scuttlebut about the turf in the Fargodome this offseason? It seems like a lot of knee injuries for the Bizon...

Not that I recall but I may have missed it. DeLuca and Menard were both injured in practice. I would assume tjat those injuries were in the practice field.

2 other serious knee injuries were in the Fargodome during the season openener.

Dewey

dewey
September 8th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Mike McFeely said in this article that it was not DeLuca's ACL.

He also talked about other star players that have had serious injuries during the NDSU dynasty.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4324781-mcfeely-how-many-key-injuries-can-bison-survive

Another article from the Fargo Forum about DeLuca's injury. The FF states that DeLuca took a medical hardship last year. I am not sure about that one.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4324741-deluca-suffers-knee-injury-questionable-bison-game

Dewey

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Where you ****ers staying in Spokcompton?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Heading that way.......https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/65ddd251e3fddf8be011f80a084d1e31.jpg

POD Knows
September 8th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Where you ****ers staying in Spokcompton?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkHoliday Inn Express in Spokane Valley tonight

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Will beer there with Whiskey on........https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/679224caf7f659357d47463136944f8c.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 03:53 PM
1https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/2ec3dfdd866eff374a1192c07fe9a886.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2017, 03:53 PM
10,000 silver dollar barhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/a0e7bc8be6cfdd160b295359d6a1e088.jpg