PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sports Takes On FCS Opening Games

SU DOG
August 28th, 2017, 10:52 AM
http://herosports.com/news/fcs-football-kickoff-key-takeaways-from-saturdays-games-ajaj

Milktruck74
August 28th, 2017, 12:36 PM
I think they are being a little too kind to the Mocs.

SU DOG
August 28th, 2017, 12:57 PM
I think they are being a little too kind to the Mocs.

You may be right, but I think that some are also making a BIG mistake in writing off UTC after only that first game. Mocs do have talented players. One thing for sure is that JSU belongs as high as currently ranked - maybe higher.

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2017, 01:08 PM
You may be right, but I think that some are also making a BIG mistake in writing off UTC after only that first game. Mocs do have talented players. One thing for sure is that JSU belongs as high as currently ranked - maybe higher.

I think we are fairly ranked. Maybe if some of the teams above us don't look good we can make an argument but we have some things we need to fix offensively.

Milktruck74
August 28th, 2017, 01:36 PM
JSU is a top 10 (probably top 5) team. They were clearly better, but the Mocs didn't get trounced. If we had Benefield, I see one of the early FGs being a TD and he probably would not have tossed the pick 6. That is an 11 point swing, with JSU winning 20-17....again, it wouldn't change the overall outcome (and if it is that close, we aren't running against the 3rd team on the last score), but I don't think people would be as down on the Mocs as they are. The Defense was more than solid...two mistakes (one created by Roc Thomas) led to two long scores.

Now, with all that said, making the playoffs is going to require a win against a pretty solid TTU team, and 6-2 in a SOLID SoCon.