PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern lands a big one

Coastal89
February 1st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Rivals 3 star RB ranked the #28 RB in the nation

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 205 lbs
Forty: 4.55 secs

Bleckley County running back Zeke Rozier has committed to Georgia Southern and will not visit Georgia this weekend as had been previously planned.

Bleckley County coach Sam Barrs said he was informed that Georgia does not have a scholarship remaining to offer to a running back.

“I was hoping Georgia would give him a shot,” Barrs said. “But he’ll go to Georgia Southern and make them a fine football player.”

A tentative trip to UAB was also canceled.

“UAB didn’t back away, but they never really layed it on the table,” Barrs said.

GannonFan
February 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hey, you never know how good a recruit will be until really after they step on the field, and I've never been a fan of Rivals for rankings - they move the rankings up or down often depending on where the guy ends up. Heck, he could move to a 2 star guy just because he went to GSU.

But on that note, Georgia wasn't going to offer him and UAB wasn't tripping over themselves to offer this kid - any reason why? If he really was the 28th best back coming out of HS that would seem odd to only have tepid interest at best by those schools.

ChadWC
February 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Could be some consideration at safety. Kid played linebacker in high school along with running back. He is too small at his current weight to play LB. 6'1 205 is roughy his weight. I've seen three different figures. But as talented as he is, I don't know why he would come here if we made him switch. None the less, Hatcher is bringing in the studs.

straightshooter
February 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
Georgia couldn't offer him because they had filled their RB quota for this class with very highly rated prospects. UAB already had two RB commitments before they even got in the picture, and Rozier cancelled the visit, not UAB.

Scout.com has him as the 94th rated RB in the nation. Keep in mind that Rivals rates two or three types of RB where Scout lumps them together.

PaladinFan
February 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
For those of you non-Southerners who don't know, Georgia is called "Runningback University" for good reason.

They already signed one of the top backs in the nation. GA is full of great running talent. Furman would know, most of our backs come out of there.