PDA

View Full Version : FBS upsets

Pages : 1 [2]

Anthony215
September 12th, 2017, 07:47 AM
My Temple Owls should have lost to Villanova this past Saturday if not for some late heroics. Offense is terrible and the defense can't defend will be a long season for us unless we can somehow turn the corner real quick. Wouldn't be surprised if UMASS knocked us off this weekend :(

DirtyDukes
September 12th, 2017, 08:32 AM
LOL at the Soft Houston fans touting their conference strength after Nicholls' strong performance. When I told you guys I thought they looked good against McNeese and that they'd beat SHSU you guys called me a troll.

Mike296
September 12th, 2017, 02:43 PM
I have 3 FCS upsets called against FBS
and one possibility:

Possible: Southern over UTSA

Called:
NC A&T over Charlotte
Colgate over Buffalo
Bama A&M over South Alabama

cx500d
September 13th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I have 3 FCS upsets called against FBS
and one possibility:

Possible: Southern over UTSA

Called:
NC A&T over Charlotte
Colgate over Buffalo
Bama A&M over South Alabama

None I would rate as an upset.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Colgate and Buffalo will very interesting. The Bulls offense has been sluggish to start the year while the Raiders have a helluva defense. I'm not sure if Colgate's QB play is good enough to win though. If the Raiders pull it out it might be a 17-14 type score...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2017, 08:05 PM
My Temple Owls should have lost to Villanova this past Saturday if not for some late heroics. Offense is terrible and the defense can't defend will be a long season for us unless we can somehow turn the corner real quick. Wouldn't be surprised if UMASS knocked us off this weekend :(

If we win 6 games I'll be shocked. Right now we look like a 4 or 5 win given how poor the offense has played. We were due for a down year given all the players that graduated and the coaches that left. I just didn't think the "O" would be THIS bad without Walker and company.

bonarae
September 16th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Two more scalps this week:
Idaho State over Nevada, 30-28
North Carolina A&T over Charlotte, 35-31

I'll post the Week 4 lineup within this week.

bonarae
September 16th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately, most FCS conferences are in conference play next week and Week 4 only has 3 money games to show for it, all on Saturday:

6:30 PM - Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina
7 PM - Wagner at Western Michigan
8 PM - Southern Illinois at Memphis

JALMOND
September 16th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately, most FCS conferences are in conference play next week and Week 4 only has 3 money games to show for it, all on Saturday:

Memphis could come in to the SIU game thinking they are better than they are, especially after beating UCLA today. I'll say that game will closer than most people expect.

skinny_uncle
September 17th, 2017, 12:44 AM

I think WIU has a decent chance of winning.

DoWe
September 17th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Memphis could come in to the SIU game thinking they are better than they are, especially after beating UCLA today. I'll say that game will closer than most people expect.
Clue me in here. Does a closer than expected loss count as an upset?

Bisonoline
September 17th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Clue me in here. Does a closer than expected loss count as an upset?

According to the UND talking head it was a huge win that they didnt get shut out. So depending on the team if they went toe toe its definately a victory.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 09:07 PM
https://twitter.com/WIUfootball/status/911772689081278464

WestCoastAggie
September 23rd, 2017, 09:18 PM
https://twitter.com/WIUfootball/status/911772689081278464

Woah...

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Woah...

Yep, ass whooping. Looks like wiu will pass ill state in the poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2017, 09:23 PM
Woah...

#SunbeltFootball

bonarae
September 24th, 2017, 03:43 AM
No money games for this coming week, because Maine at UCF was cancelled earlier due to the juggling of the AAC schedules.

Next money game is on October 7: Charleston Southern at Indiana. Until then...

WestCoastAggie
September 24th, 2017, 06:35 AM
#SunbeltFootball
No wonder they won't schedule A&T any more.

bonarae
October 23rd, 2017, 10:17 AM
Okay... this week, Austin Peay is visiting UCF, who is still undefeated heading into this weekend...

Given that APSU is on a roll of its own (they have won 2 in a row since their only conf loss to Jacksonville State), can a scalp happen this time around?

Meanwhile, UCF has had played relatively weak opponents (margin of victory average so far: 34.83 points), with Navy the only opponent they have had played close; they played last weekend. Austin Peay tends to play close, with their last 3 conference wins having winning margins of less than or equal to one TD.

wcugrad95
October 23rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
I don't see UCF losing until they play USF - and even then that game might be a toss-up as a rivalry game. Can APSU stay close? Anything is possible. But beating Navy on the road by 10 points tells me they are a pretty good football team. I know their Maryland win is not anything to brag about, but that was a thumping of a Big10 team. So I am going to say this is at least 21 points or more, and UCF scores a lot (averages over 500 yards and 47.3 points per game).

Shoot me - I am in Orlando so I also follow the local teams :)

JSUSoutherner
October 23rd, 2017, 10:29 AM
APSU will get blown out.

Smitty
October 23rd, 2017, 12:09 PM
You know, I was thinking we would get blown out by UNC this year but they are really bad... We are going to lose but it may be a close game

wcugrad95
October 23rd, 2017, 01:33 PM
If WCU goes to Chapel Hill with 7 or 8 wins, and If the Tarholes still only have 1 win and have shutdown caring about football more than usual when they are having a poor season, we at least wouldn't be going into any kind of hostile environment. With those ifs, even some Carolina fans would probably jokingly say Western should be favored. We all know there is a huge difference in depth when you have 20+ more scholarships, so it is tough for an FCS school to keep up with a P5 program, but we can all dream!

walliver
October 23rd, 2017, 01:43 PM
If WCU goes to Chapel Hill with 7 or 8 wins, and If the Tarholes still only have 1 win and have shutdown caring about football more than usual when they are having a poor season, we at least wouldn't be going into any kind of hostile environment. With those ifs, even some Carolina fans would probably jokingly say Western should be favored. We all know there is a huge difference in depth when you have 20+ more scholarships, so it is tough for an FCS school to keep up with a P5 program, but we can all dream!

This is very similar to the situation Citadel had with South Carolina 2 years ago. SC had a bad team, Spurrier throw up his hands in frustration and retired. The interim coach was more worried about the upcoming came against Clemson. El Cid pulled out a win.

bonarae
November 12th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Last week of the regular season... several money games are on the table.

One quite winnable game for the FCS...

WCU at the Tarholes. The latter is sporting a 2-8 record as of this week; they upset Pitt on the road 34-31 in their last game.

Wofford at South Carolina may be a close but no cigar game for the Terriers.

Mercer and Delaware State will be overmatched by their higher-reputation opponents in the FBS.