View Full Version : Colgate vs. Cal Poly Game Thread

Go...gate
August 23rd, 2017, 12:28 AM
From the Cal Poly webpage:

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2017-18/videos/20170823-sgmqyb2i

Go...gate
August 23rd, 2017, 12:30 AM
From the Colgate webpage:

http://gocolgateraiders.com/documents/2017/8/22//Colgate_FB_Game_Notes_Cal_Poly_.pdf?id=6822

RichH2
August 23rd, 2017, 06:46 AM
Best luck Gate. Let start off season with a W.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2017, 08:55 AM
I see Colgate plays a 3-4 defense. Be interesting to know what they gleaned from the UND tape last year. The last two games vs Poly are a template of how to shut down their option using a 3-4 defense.

slostang
August 23rd, 2017, 09:11 AM
I see Colgate plays a 3-4 defense. Be interesting to know what they gleaned from the UND tape last year. The last two games vs Poly are a template of how to shut down their option using a 3-4 defense.
UND's defense does a great job of limiting Cal Poly's rushing game and they did a great job beating Cal poly last season. That said, I would say that holding a team to 21 first downs, 421 yards and 24 points is not exactly shutting it down. Let's not forget that late in the game last season Cal Poly only trailed by 7 points and drove to UND's 2 yard line before throwing a game clinching pick. Like I said, UND's defense does a great job against Cal Poly's triple option offense, but I would say they contained Cal Poly's offense more than shut it down.

Looking forward to the game.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2017, 09:40 AM
UND definitely defense does a great job of limiting Cal Poly's rushing game and they did a great job beating Cal poly last season. That said, I would say that holding a team to 21 first downs, 421 yards and 24 points is not exactly shutting it down. Let's not forget that late in the game last season Cal Poly only trailed by 7 points and drove to UND's 2 yard line before throwing a game clinching pick. Like I said, UND's defense does a great job against Cal Poly's triple option offense, but I would say they contained Cal Poly's offense more than shut it down.

Looking forward to the game.
I never said anything about containing the Poly passing offense. lol.

cpalum
August 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
I never said anything about containing the Poly passing offense. lol.

Thing about Cal Poly and the TO is that as soon as we all think that is a funny joke they will put up points in the passing game. In all seriousness I expect that Colgate will come in and focus on the FB dive and containing Protheroe. If they do that as well as UND this will be a very close game. They will wan to force Cal Poly to the outside and force them to pass. My guess is that Cal Poly has some success there and they pull out a win. It essentially comes down to home team on this one in my mind.

ElCid
August 23rd, 2017, 11:23 AM
This one has been off my radar as I was looking at the UTC/JSU quite a bit. This should be a good one. I have to go with Cal Poly as well being at home unless Colgate has some disciplined D. They were pretty good against the run last year (led FCS) but pretty sure they didn't see anything as formidable as Cal Poly last year. Not to sure of Cal Poly's D though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2017, 11:53 AM
The FCS Wedge Colgate Preview

http://thefcswedge.com/uncategorized/patriot-league-preview-colgate/

Gater
August 23rd, 2017, 01:26 PM
Very good write-up on Colgate. Team should be more athletic this year. Should be better against pass (would imagine it will have one of the better pass rushes in FCS) not as stout against the run--there wasn't much of a reason to try to run on Colgate last year. QB is the biggest question. Holland being back at RB is huge--think there is a good chance Colgate wins a few more games last year if he had been around for 3rd and 2 plays--not sure if there has been a Colgate runner in the past 30 years who is better at getting the extra yard. That being said (with the exception of the OL) the team is on the young side. Feels like a team that should improve more than most as the season goes on. Starting with Cal Poly, Richmond, Buffalo, Furman, Cornell, Lehigh, and Fordham will certainly give them some early tests. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

PAllen
August 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Very good write-up on Colgate. Team should be more athletic this year. Should be better against pass (would imagine it will have one of the better pass rushes in FCS) not as stout against the run--there wasn't much of a reason to try to run on Colgate last year. QB is the biggest question. Holland being back at RB is huge--think there is a good chance Colgate wins a few more games last year if he had been around for 3rd and 2 plays--not sure if there has been a Colgate runner in the past 30 years who is better at getting the extra yard. That being said (with the exception of the OL) the team is on the young side. Feels like a team that should improve more than most as the season goes on. Starting with Cal Poly, Richmond, Buffalo, Furman, Cornell, Lehigh, and Fordham will certainly give them some early tests. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

That's pretty high praise. Man that is a brutal start to the schedule.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2017, 09:46 PM
That's pretty high praise. Man that is a brutal start to the schedule.

I think Colgate is going to learn they've bit off more than can chew schedule wise these last 2 years. I know they want to schedule "aggressively" but there's a fine line between that and scheduling yourself out of contention.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
after being high on Cal Poly last year, and watching them melt, I have to go with Colgate in a mile upset..

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 12:07 AM
after being high on Cal Poly last year, and watching them melt, I have to go with Colgate in a mile upset..

Why Rocco left UR for the Chicken Farm:

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022739/college/university-delaware

Delaware:

Noted for and its ranking:

Lots of Beer (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-beer)

Lots of Greek Life (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-greek-life)

Party Schools (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=party-schools)

Students Study the Least (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=students-study-least)

Add the 68% acceptance rate.new-Ark university is a glorified high school.What a joke.

jacksfan29
August 24th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Poly is always strong in the first quarter of the season, then injuries begin exposing their depth causing the annual late season swoon. Early season games are their forte. Expect Poly to win, and possibly win big.

Protheroe is the real deal.

Go...gate
August 24th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I think Colgate is going to learn they've bit off more than can chew schedule wise these last 2 years. I know they want to schedule "aggressively" but there's a fine line between that and scheduling yourself out of contention.

With a very brief exception during the tenure of Dave Roach, Colgate has always scheduled aggressively.

The Boogie Down
August 24th, 2017, 03:57 PM

I pretty much said the same exact thing two years ago! Then they went on to sweep through the league and advance to the QF's of the playoffs, soooo yeah....

With a very brief exception during the tenure of Dave Roach, Colgate has always scheduled aggressively.

Roach seems to get knocked around a lot by the Gaters. Ram fans love him to the point where I gotta wonder if we're talking about the same guy.

KPSUL
August 24th, 2017, 04:52 PM

It is commonly referred to as the Northern Iowa Paradigm.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I pretty much said the same exact thing two years ago! Then they went on to sweep through the league and advance to the QF's of the playoffs, soooo yeah....

Roach seems to get knocked around a lot by the Gaters. Ram fans love him to the point where I gotta wonder if we're talking about the same guy.

Their 2015 schedule was not nearly as tough (Navy, UNH, Yale, Cornell, Princeton) as this years schedule.

I think Colgate has slipped a bit the last few years relative to the 2000's and late 1990's. They've certainly fallen behind Lehigh and Fordham this decade. They're going to have to scratch and claw to avoid another losing season this year.
2010: 7-4
2011: 5-6
2012: 8-4
2013: 4-8
2014: 5-7
2015: 9-5
2016: 5-5

TheValleyRaider
August 24th, 2017, 07:03 PM

I can only speak for myself, but Roach never really warmed to the institution. My impression was always that he was using us as a stepping stone to something else. Not that he isn't entitled to look for another job, but if felt like we were always a way-station. He's also sandwiched in the AD's chair by Mark Murphy (alum, now with the Packers) and Vickie Chun (alum), both popular in the role.

I think Colgate has slipped a bit the last few years relative to the 2000's and late 1990's. They've certainly fallen behind Lehigh and Fordham this decade. They're going to have to scratch and claw to avoid another losing season this year.

Things have definitely been a little more volatile in the last decade under both Biddle and Hunt, but we have 1 fewer league title than Lehigh in that same stretch. LU and the 'Gate both have 1 quarterfinal trip as well. If we're behind, it's not by much.

As for the schedule, that's clearly part of our strategy to improve the program nationally. If we want to compete for a national title (and I think we do), then we'll need to be able to beat teams like Cal Poly and Richmond. Let's see where we stand. It looks worse because the schedule is so front-loaded, even getting Lehigh and Fordham first, before finishing with the other four.

Go...gate
August 24th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Roach seems to get knocked around a lot by the Gaters. Ram fans love him to the point where I gotta wonder if we're talking about the same guy.[/QUOTE]

He may have learned some lessons at Brown and Colgate that are helping him at Fordham.

Go...gate
August 24th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Their 2015 schedule was not nearly as tough (Navy, UNH (twice), Yale, Cornell, Princeton, James Madison and Sam Houston State) as this year's schedule.

Fixed it for you.

Since 2010, Lehigh has gone 57-25 overall (5-2 against Colgate) since 2010, while Colgate has gone 42-39. An average of about two more wins per season. Lehigh has been PL champion three times and Colgate twice during that period.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Fixed it for you.

Since 2010, Lehigh has gone 57-25 overall (5-2 against Colgate) since 2010, while Colgate has gone 42-39. An average of about two more wins per season. Lehigh has been PL champion three times and Colgate twice during that period.

By adding those two then Lehigh gets UNH, Liberty, Towson and NDSU in 2011. 2010 is even more impressive by using the playoffs. Both better than Colgate's 2015 schedule :D

Lehigh
2010 10-3
2011 11-2
2012 10-1
2013 8-3
2014 3-8
2015 6-5
2016 9-3

That's pretty damn good given the expectations this year...

Go...gate
August 24th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I guess the only thing left to do is start the season. Good luck against Villanova.

caribbeanhen
August 24th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Why Rocco left UR for the Chicken Farm:

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022739/college/university-delaware

Delaware:

Noted for and its ranking:

Lots of Beer (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-beer)

Lots of Greek Life (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-greek-life)

Party Schools (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=party-schools)

Students Study the Least (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=students-study-least)

Add the 68% acceptance rate.new-Ark university is a glorified high school.What a joke.

wrong thread

caribbeanhen
August 24th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Poly is always strong in the first quarter of the season, then injuries begin exposing their depth causing the annual late season swoon. Early season games are their forte. Expect Poly to win, and possibly win big.

Protheroe is the real deal.

I enjoyed watching Protheroe a few times last year, thought he was gone....

Gate83
August 25th, 2017, 08:11 AM

Hamilton is a very small town and Roach treated his rank & file staff here poorly. Very hard to make it in this community when the locals resent you. From an alumni standpoint I think what was most noticed were his football schedules where traditional games dropped off the schedule and were replaced with schools with which we had no history. I like Dave personally & was happy to say hello to him at the '15 game in Hamilton... saw him at halftime when we were up big & I was much more surprised at that point than he was. The end of that game got way more tense than I would have liked!

cpalum
August 25th, 2017, 09:40 AM
I enjoyed watching Protheroe a few times last year, thought he was gone....

its his senior year....he is really fun to watch, should be a big year for him.

slostang
August 25th, 2017, 11:52 AM
its his senior year....he is really fun to watch, should be a big year for him.
Protheroe did not redshirt and is a 4h year senior. The kid is a beast. What I like is that if a team stacks the box to contain Protheroe, Kyle Lewis has the speed to make them pay on the edges. He averaged 9.7 yards per carry last year as the second slot back behind Kori Garcia. This year if he stays healthy he will most likely double his carries over last season. Taking over the second slot back position is Chuby Dunu. It would be a great race between Lewis and Dunu to see who is faster. We are deep this year with both quality fullbacks and slot backs this year.

Should be a a great game matching one of top rush defenses againts one of the top rushing offenses. We may need to see what our new QB can do with his arm game to pull out the victory.

Gater
August 25th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Watched the Cal Poly preview and Kyle Lewis looks like a burner.

Here is a Colgate preview from a local station. Most of the footage is Colgate running plays at full speed, it's just that the camera adds 10 seconds.

http://www.cnyhomepage.com/sports/colgate-looks-for-statement-win-to-open-season/797710560

Best of luck to Cal Poly. Should be a good one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 25th, 2017, 12:12 PM
The Wedge's game preview....

http://thefcswedge.com/patriot/game-preview-colgate-21-cal-poly/

Go...gate
August 25th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Watched the Cal Poly preview and Kyle Lewis looks like a burner.

Here is a Colgate preview from a local station. Most of the footage is Colgate running plays at full speed, it's just that the camera adds 10 seconds.

http://www.cnyhomepage.com/sports/colgate-looks-for-statement-win-to-open-season/797710560

Best of luck to Cal Poly. Should be a good one.

Thanks for posting!

jmufan999
August 25th, 2017, 08:40 PM
i was very impressed when i watched Colgate last year (and really, in 2015 as well. although that JMU team was mediocre, Colgate still impressed me). saw the Richmond game last year. my initial thought is that Cal Poly would win. then i checked the stats and saw that Colgate was #1 in rush defense in the country last year. what a matchup.

i'm going to take Cal Poly but it should be a good game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 25th, 2017, 09:22 PM
i was very impressed when i watched Colgate last year (and really, in 2015 as well. although that JMU team was mediocre, Colgate still impressed me). saw the Richmond game last year. my initial thought is that Cal Poly would win. then i checked the stats and saw that Colgate was #1 in rush defense in the country last year. what a matchup.

i'm going to take Cal Poly but it should be a good game.

Mediocre? Perhaps in a hyperbolic sorta way. They were a juggernaut prior to Game Day showing up and Vad Lee going down. They definitely regressed following that. Even so the Dukes were still Top 20 team and far from mediocre.

I was at JMU for the Lehigh game in 2015 and the Dukes were insanely impressive physically. I also showed up to Game Day on the Friday before the Richmond game. I was on my way back from East Carolina ironically. Temple played an ESPN Thursday night game in Greenville and I drove down. Even more ironically Game DAy was at Temple (Philly) the following week lol. Not sure if Dowdy-Ficklen has been fixed up since then (they were suppose to replace the press box) because it was kind of a dump. Great atmosphere and campus though. Lots of hot chics too!

This is a huge game for Colgate because on paper it's winnable. Win and their season prospects change drastically imo. Lose, or even worse, lose big and they're going to have a mountain to climb to survive until mid-October.

I know the Ryan family (Colgate WR) are out there for the game. Great people! Should be fun to watch....

jmufan999
August 25th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Mediocre? Perhaps in a hyperbolic sorta way. They were a juggernaut prior to Game Day showing up and Vad Lee going down. They definitely regressed following that. Even so the Dukes were still Top 20 team and far from mediocre.

I was at JMU for the Lehigh game in 2015 and the Dukes were insanely impressive physically. I also showed up to Game Day on the Friday before the Richmond game. I was on my way back from East Carolina ironically. Temple played an ESPN Thursday night game in Greenville and I drove down. Even more ironically Game DAy was at Temple (Philly) the following week lol. Not sure if Dowdy-Ficklen has been fixed up since then (they were suppose to replace the press box) because it was kind of a dump. Great atmosphere and campus though. Lots of hot chics too!

on the hot chicks, we're perennially in Playboy's top 5 (sometimes, top 2) in the country for hottest chicks. so i'm glad you noticed, but not surprised. great girl to guy ratio, too. you should have seen the girl i dated in college. ho-ly s**t. she was fine. i had no business dating her.

on the mediocre thing, we were mediocre compared to our potential. Schor was not the same Schor you see today. he had almost no experience in the Colgate game and looked completely confused. i still watch it on DVR and laugh (sort of). TOTAL 180 to last year. read my posts last summer that were critical of him if you don't believe me. and the defense? our good players "magically" forgot how to play under Withers. LB Gage Steele, for example. Jerry Rice award watch list as a Freshman under Mickey. then, he looked atrocious the 2 years under Withers. Houston comes in, BOOM he's great again. that's how bad we were on D. and don't forget, Vad had warts, too. threw 6 picks at home against Albany. so we were mediocre compared to what we could have been, maybe. and going from Vad to Schor was a huge drop off at the time.

slostang
August 25th, 2017, 09:49 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25927&stc=1

Cal Poly uniform for tomorrow.

jmufan999
August 25th, 2017, 09:49 PM
This is a huge game for Colgate because on paper it's winnable. Win and their season prospects change drastically imo. Lose, or even worse, lose big and they're going to have a mountain to climb to survive until mid-October.

I know the Ryan family (Colgate WR) are out there for the game. Great people! Should be fun to watch....

any score prediction? i'll throw one out there but it's completely reckless speculation.

Cal Poly 34
Colgate 17

slostang
August 25th, 2017, 09:53 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25931&stc=1

TheValleyRaider
August 25th, 2017, 10:25 PM
https://twitter.com/RaiderEquipment/status/896888402129297408

Gonna be a lot of white on the field. White pants, socks, shoes, and helmets for both teams

slostang
August 25th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Colgate's uniforms look sharp.

citdog
August 25th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Cal Poly should go through Colgate like **** through a goose. Then again they did lose to a team that doesn't even give scholarships in the playoffs. DAMN the big fluffy is a **** conference.

slostang
August 25th, 2017, 11:45 PM
https://twitter.com/RaiderEquipment/status/896888402129297408

Gonna be a lot of white on the field. White pants, socks, shoes, and helmets for both teams

Colgate practiced today at St Joseph High School in Santa Maria. They wrote their red helmets. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25932&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Colgate practiced today at St Joseph High School in Santa Maria. They wrote their red helmets. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25932&stc=1

Georgia Southern just called and is wondering what's up with the G.A.T.A.....

seriously though something, attitude, toughness, something?

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Colgate practiced today at St Joseph High School in Santa Maria. They wrote their red helmets.

I suppose it could be either helmet, though that was "announced" as the road uniform. There doesn't really seem to be any discernible pattern to when we wear each helmet. Maroon might be a good choice if CP is going white.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Georgia Southern just called and is wondering what's up with the G.A.T.A.....

seriously though something, attitude, toughness, something?

No, as far as I can tell, it's the same phrase: "Get After Their Asses." It just gets listed as initials, so I suppose it could mean something else, but I don't know that.

Sounds like it's been used around the program for a couple of seasons now, including stuff like this: http://colgate.imodules.com/s/801/2012/index.aspx?sid=801&gid=1&pgid=9204&crid=0&calpgid=254&calcid=11920

Gate83
August 26th, 2017, 08:01 AM
No, as far as I can tell, it's the same phrase: "Get After Their Asses." It just gets listed as initials, so I suppose it could mean something else, but I don't know that.

Sounds like it's been used around the program for a couple of seasons now, including stuff like this: http://colgate.imodules.com/s/801/2012/index.aspx?sid=801&gid=1&pgid=9204&crid=0&calpgid=254&calcid=11920

The team has used "GATA" informally since at least the '12 season, not sure when they adopted it more formally. And in bigger news, looks like Scarfone (the sophomore) will start at QB... http://www.cnyhomepage.com/sports/colgate-looks-for-statement-win-to-open-season/797710560

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Game day. I live 20 minutes from the stadium and have been a season ticket holder for ever. Today I will watching on my IPad from inside a gym as I will be watching my 13 year old daughter play in a basketball tournament in Southern California. Can not wait for both.

Go Poly!!! Go Boltz (my daughter's team)!!!

RichH2
August 26th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Game day. I live 20 minutes from the stadium and have been a season ticket holder for ever. Today I will watching on my IPad from inside a gym as I will be watching my 13 year old daughter play in a basketball tournament in Southern California. Can not wait for both.

Go Poly!!! Go Boltz (my daughter's team)!!!

Best of luck to the Boltz :)

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Best of luck to the Boltz :)
I see what you did there. xlolx

Go Poly!!! xdrunkyx

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 10:01 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25937&stc=1

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 10:31 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25937&stc=1

Very Nice. xthumbsupx Honestly though if I hadn't seen Mustangs I would have thought I was look at Paris Mountain from Paladin Stadiumxdrunkyx

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 11:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25938&stc=1

Go Green
August 26th, 2017, 11:31 AM

Don't know if they still are, but St. Joseph's was a football power in my high school days.

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 11:34 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25939&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25940&stc=1

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Don't know if they still are, but St. Joseph's was a football power in my high school days.
Former Washington Husky and Jacksonville Jaguar Mark Brunel played at St Joseph High School.

bgsmitty43
August 26th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Former Washington Husky and Jacksonville Jaguar Mark Brunel played at St Joseph High School.

Mark Brunel's son is a freshman QB at Georgetown. I hear he's good. He's from Jacksonville Episcopal High School. Not sure how much he will play, but has good tools.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 01:09 PM
About 5 hours until kickoff! I should be home in time to watch the second half!

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Mark Brunel's son is a freshman QB at Georgetown. I hear he's good. He's from Jacksonville Episcopal High School. Not sure how much he will play, but has good tools.

If he was good he wouldn't be at Georgetown.

Schism55
August 26th, 2017, 05:54 PM
If he was good he wouldn't be at Georgetown.
Lol harsh, but true.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Here we go!

Colgate 0
Cal Poly 0
Kickoff

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Go 'Gate!

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:10 PM
FG attempt from Puzzi is up and GOOD!

3-0 Colgate
10:07 1st

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Nice drive by Colgate.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Raiders force a fumble, then Holland to the house! TOUCHDOWN!

10-0 Colgate
0:38 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Raiders force a fumble, then Holland to the house! TOUCHDOWN!

10-0 Colgate
0:38 1st

Boom!! Sweet!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 26th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Attendance looks weak.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Physical game so far, but the Raiders have taken their chances well

Colgate 10
Cal Poly 0
End 1st

F'N Hawks
August 26th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Poly does not look good right now. Their defense picked up where they left off last year....

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Attendance looks weak.
School does not start for 3 weeks.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Mathews breaks free, big TOUCHDOWN run!!

17-0 Colgate
12:44 2nd

Schism55
August 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM
17-0 Colgate....wow

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Probably better that the students are not in school to see this game. Ugly on Cal Poly's part.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Great start for 'Gate!!

KPSUL
August 26th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Colgate looks more like Cal Poly than, well, Cal Poly.

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Ditto on the go gate comment

RichH2
August 26th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Great start for Gate. CP D is overmatched so far.

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Ditto on the go gate comment

Patsy league scalawag...

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Patsy league scalawag...

Scalawags will scalawag!!!

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 07:00 PM

Impressive showing so far by toothpaste. Cal Poly looks overmatched when toothpaste has the ball. Kind of like furman does whenever The Citadel has the ball...

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 26th, 2017, 07:00 PM
WOW Colgate kicking ass

Mr. C
August 26th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Impressive showing so far by toothpaste. Cal Poly looks overmatched when toothpaste has the ball. Kind of like furman does whenever The Citadel has the ball...
You love those option teams, don't you?

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 07:04 PM
You love those option teams, don't you?

BACK TO BACK SOCON CHAMPS MR.C! I have had an erection lasting WAY longer than 4 hours and have NOT called a Doctor...

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 07:05 PM

You have a very short memory unless it involves the lost cause

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 07:07 PM
You have a very short memory unless it involves the lost cause

I recall VERY little between the 2nd of July, 1863 and the last two years of The Citadel Football. Did I miss much???

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 07:12 PM

I recall VERY little between the 2nd of July, 1863 and the last two years of The Citadel Football. Did I miss much???

Nah since history repeats itself you will be taliking baseball soon enough

ElCid
August 26th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Really impressed with Colgate. They definitely had their game face on. They just look tight all around. I think Cal Poly may have done some underestimating here as well.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 26th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Man CP is terrible at the deep ball. Pretty sure's EWU's DTs can throw/catch better than that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 26th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Really impressed with Colgate. They definitely had their game face on. They just look tight all around. I think Cal Poly may have done some underestimating here as well.

This here

OL FU
August 26th, 2017, 07:18 PM
And my real concern is........we go to Colgate this year

URMite
August 26th, 2017, 07:22 PM
We go there in two weeks. Funny, how some people think we should just skip planning and practicing for that game.

ElCid
August 26th, 2017, 07:25 PM

Unless you got some magic, you will have your hands full. Don't worry. It builds character. You will get some late season character building on 11 Nov as well.:D

citdog
August 26th, 2017, 07:27 PM

If y'all cant whip a patsy league team you are in some serious trouble. The Big Fluffy, sans EWU, and the patsy league are about on par with one another.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Colgate 17
Cal Poly 0
Halftime

Hard to be disappointed with the game so far. Colgate outplaying the Mustangs in a physical game. The one big missing wrinkle from the offense is seeing the QB tuck and run. Could open things up just a little bit more. Don't love the defense getting beat deep a few times like they did (even with overthrows/drops), but if CP has to throw to beat us, we're in very good shape.

Have to keep up the pressure, don't let up

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Are the announcers on site? I was reading earlier about ESPN's plans to save money by having broadcasters call some games from the Bristol, CT studios.

F'N Hawks
August 26th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Graves isn't around to save them when run game is down this year.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Are the announcers on site? I was reading earlier about ESPN's plans to save money by having broadcasters call some games from the Bristol, CT studios.

I think they are

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I think they are

Just saw them from the press box. Maybe it's a quiet crowd...

Sader87
August 26th, 2017, 07:46 PM
They are in attendance

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:06 PM
That was a big mistake by Colgate...

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Puzzi hits another one, from 35. Raiders grinding out yards and grinding down the clock so far in this half.

20-0 Colgate
4:48 3rd

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:10 PM
This is simply a beatdown

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Cal Poly has a nice drive going...

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Mustangs driving, near the Raider goalline to start the last quarter

Colgate 20
Cal Poly 0
End 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:24 PM
TD CP! 'Gate needs to respond with a drive. Can't put the defense right back out there...

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Protheroe breaks through, Mustangs on the board

20-7 Colgate
14:22 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:31 PM
3 and out for the CP defense. Should get the ball in in good field position...

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 08:32 PM
based on the teams i watched today, Colgate will win the national championship.

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2017, 08:35 PM

they have to win this game first

Doc QB
August 26th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Scarfone needs to make a play. 'Gate being so one dimensional may hurt them late here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Huge 4th and 2 conversion by Jenkins

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Colgate is in deep crap...

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Poly learned how to play football in the last 15 minutes

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:40 PM
A lot of Poly's success is simply figuring out where Afriye is, and running somewhere else

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:42 PM
TD CP on 4th and 11!

Didn't Colgate struggle in the second half of games last year?

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 08:42 PM
CP finds a man in the end zone, and this one is on...

20-14 Colgate
7:07 4th

Need a drive to get back control of this game

F'N Hawks
August 26th, 2017, 08:43 PM
We got ourselves a game. Poly has awoken.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:45 PM
It's going to be all about 1st downs. This will be old-school. Every 1st down will be critical that Colgate can get.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:46 PM
If I'm Colgate I take a shot on 1st down...

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Colgate's losing this game now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Another 3 and out for 'Gate!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
That was a horrible sequence for Colgate.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Colgate needed to try something there to change the tenor of the game. I would have thrown deep on 1st down and see if you can flip field position/generate some momentum.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:52 PM
The delay of game on that 4th and 1 was huge! Colgate was still rolling that point.

Doc QB
August 26th, 2017, 08:54 PM
'Gate is to one dimensional and has really no imagination on offense. Cal Poly has made big plays with a few wrinkles, and 'gate hasnt matched that effort, and their defense gata be gassed at this point. I really wanted a PL win over the Sky today.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 08:56 PM
'Gate is to one dimensional and has really no imagination on offense. Cal Poly has made big plays with a few wrinkles, and 'gate hasnt matched that effort, and their defense gata be gassed at this point. I really wanted a PL win over the Sky today.

Cal Poly: Hold my beer

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 08:57 PM
3rd and 13, C'mon Raider D!!

- - - Updated - - -

1 more play 'Gate D!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 09:01 PM
1st down Mustangs!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Another 4th down!!

IBleedYellow
August 26th, 2017, 09:07 PM
This. Game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Two unreal secondary plays by Colgate give them the win. Hats off to the Raiders. Great win!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Colgate stops Cal Poly on 4th down and will win! Patriot League gets at least 1 BSC scalp this year!

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Daramy-Swaray with the play! Raiders will hang on!

Colgate 20
Cal Poly 14
Final

Doc QB
August 26th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Great effort Colgate. #4 made a great play on fourth down. Way to make league and your school proud. Win 'em all except that special week in October...

RichH2
August 26th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Hell of a game. Congrats Gate.

bonarae
August 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Congratulations 'gate. I am still in a shock since CP was unceremoniously dusted off by the Toreros in the playoffs last year... xsmhx

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Gutsy 4th quarter to hang on. You could see the defense was gassed and the offense was out of ideas. For his first start, Scarfone did okay, though he'll need to develop more to really be effective going forward. Good to see Holland back, looks like a lot of potential options as receivers. Defense did some great work, holding a very potent offense off the board until the 4th quarter. Still have to catch my breath a bit, but those are my initial thoughts following a big win for the 'Gate.

2 weeks til Richmond comes calling

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Called it in the Big Fluffy Pickum.....

KPSUL
August 26th, 2017, 09:16 PM

I'm going with Portland State.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2017, 09:17 PM
One more thing, first season opening win for Colgate since 2011 (against Albany). The last 4 openers have been against FBS foes, but still, nice to start out with 1 in the W column

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:20 PM
You had me worried in the last quarter with the D giving up those big 4th down conversions. Congrats Colgate...Hopefully this is a return for the Raiders.

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Congrats to Colgate on the big win

slostang
August 26th, 2017, 09:24 PM
New OC and QB for Cal Poly. New OC needs to let the new QB play more and not rely on Protheroe so much.

Also it was not a clip.

Nice game and win by game by Colgate. Congrats and good luck with the rest of the season.

Gater
August 26th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Every football fan knows how that game ends. Colgate loses 21-20 and takes a ton of positives out of the game. Just an amazing finish. Nice to see Colgate's corners make big plays at the end. Hopefully 37 is OK. Would be a huge loss. Best of luck the rest of the way, Cal Poly. Spent too much of the summer reading about you guys, etc. Impressed with your coaches, players, school and how your team played until the last snap.

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:26 PM
New OC and QB for Cal Poly. New OC needs to let the new QB play more and not rely on Protheroe so much.

Also it was not a clip.

Nice game and win by game by Colgate. Congrats and good luck with the rest of the season.

Yep...Protheroe can't do it all. He won't last the season at this rate.

KPSUL
August 26th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Gutsy 4th quarter to hang on. You could see the defense was gassed and the offense was out of ideas. For his first start, Scarfone did okay, though he'll need to develop more to really be effective going forward. Good to see Holland back, looks like a lot of potential options as receivers. Defense did some great work, holding a very potent offense off the board until the 4th quarter. Still have to catch my breath a bit, but those are my initial thoughts following a big win for the 'Gate.

2 weeks til Richmond comes calling

Congratulations on the win! Richmond will be a very different challenge, but savor the victory for now.

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Congratulations on the win! Richmond will be a very different challenge, but savor the victory for now.

****, Richmond is hunkering down in their safe room right now. Hopefully they will calm down and come out in time for the Colgate game. I hope Colgate cleans their clock.

F'N Hawks
August 26th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Any team with a decent DC will make them give it to Protheroe 30 times a game. That can't beat you. Their perimeter game was non-existent in games they have lost, from what I have seen.

Utgrizfan
August 26th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Horrible call to call that a clip but still Cal Poly's fault for not waking up until the second half, some bad play-calling too. Congrats to Coalgate!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Do not forget that Colgate made those two tremendous plays with their best defensive player, Afiriye, on the trainer's bench. That makes it even more incredible.

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Horrible call to call that a clip but still Cal Poly's fault for not waking up until the 4th quarter, some bad play-calling too. Congrats to Coalgate!

FYP

BucBisonAtLarge
August 26th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Great game to start the season! Congrats, Colgate!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I looked at this game as basically a toss-up (27-24 CP) which it was. Colgate will once again be pretty good on defense but their offense is going to be a work in progress. They have a frosh starting at QB and no true #1 at WR. Hollond's solid but he basically disappeared down the stretch. Richmond will be a much taller task.

FUBeAR
August 26th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Congrats 'Gate!

...and the Big Lie Conference continues their campaign to be a 1-Team-in-the-Playoffs League this year.

Utgrizfan
August 26th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Congrats 'Gate!

...and the Big Lie Conference continues their campaign to be a 1-Team-in-the-Playoffs League this year.

Cute coming from a SOCON team 😂

ngineer
August 26th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Good to see the Raiders come out of this victorious. Great majority had CPU winning. Hopefully a nice omen for the PL this year.

Fordham
August 27th, 2017, 12:19 AM
Way to go Gate!!

slostang
August 27th, 2017, 12:56 AM
Hey, I think we would have won the game if we just hand the ball to the FB more. 😉

WestCoastAggie
August 27th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Great job Colgate.

TheValleyRaider
August 27th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Postgame story has links to audio from Coach Hunt, Afriyie, Holland, Daramy-Swaray, and Scarfone: http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2017/8/26/football-raiders-outlast-no-23-cal-poly-20-14.aspx

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Hey, I think we would have won the game if we just hand the ball to the FB more. 

I don't know if that's more funny or true... Colgate defense looked really good to me...

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2017, 07:24 AM
.....PITIFUL VERSION ....UH DUH TRIPLE-O.....SHOOD CALL IT....DUH PROTHEROE-O.......POLY'S WIDE-OUTS...HAVE HANDS UH STONE........LOOKED LIKE DELAWARE'S.....GREASY CHICKEN FINGERS......CAL-PIE MADE NO ADJUSTMENTS EARLY...WHEN DEY SAW HOW 'GATE WAS PLAYIN' 'EM........PAUL JOHNSON'S......DUH MASTER...AT TWEAKIN' HIS OFFENSE.....ONCE HE SEES...OPPOSIN' DEFENSIVE PLAN.......COLOR MAN....SAID PONIES WERE FLAT....FIRST HALF..........HOW IN WORLD...DO YA....COME OUT.....OPENIN' DAY.....FLAT?????....xsighx....AWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 27th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Colgate looked really good. Long road game and good win for them.

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2017, 08:12 AM
.......FO' CAL-PIE'S....FUTURE OPPOSITION........PONIES LIKELAH...TA CHUCK DUH ROCK........WHEN PROTHEROE......MAKES IT....2ND & SHORT....FROM DEY'RE OWN 35-40.....OR...BETTERAH...xnodx....BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 08:22 AM
after being high on Cal Poly last year, and watching them melt, I have to go with Colgate in a mild upset..

Cal Poly just did not end the year well against San Diego, last impressions are lasting impressions

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Cal Poly just did not end the year well against San Diego, last impressions are lasting impressions

...YOU...SIR....ARE UH SAGE......AH WENT WHIFF DOM IZZO.......WHO MUSTAH BEEN JOKIN'......WHEN HE GAVE DUH PONIES.........AN' AUTO-BID......:(xembarrassedx:(.......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 08:51 AM
...YOU...SIR....ARE UH SAGE......AH WENT WHIFF DOM IZZO.......WHO MUSTAH BEEN JOKIN'......WHEN HE GAVE DUH PONIES.........AN' AUTO-BID......:(xembarrassedx:(.......BRAWK!

Mr C, good to have some old school humor back on AGS, leave the gifs to the humorless Valley boys.... thank you for the sage comment, but in full disclosure I picked Cal Poly on the Gohens pick em pool.... ouch.... I saw the game as a pick em so I picked both....

cpalum
August 27th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Pretty disappointed for 3 quarters, 4th quarter gave me just enough hope to enjoy more punishment next week. Hats off to Colgate, your team was well prepared and ready to win. Good luck the rest of the season.

PAllen
August 27th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Both teams seemed like they had a ways to go to settle in to mid season form. Colgate's D had some holes especially in the secondary, but as a whole played very well. Colgate's offense sputtered at times with a QB who needs to adjust to the game. Good news is he's a frosh, so that will come. Odd thing to see a QB in the read option who clearly doesn't want to carry the ball and appears a bit afraid to take a hit when he does have to run.

CP just needs to settle in on both sides of the ball, they will get better.

Schism55
August 27th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Joe Protheroe is on pace for 429 carries, so good luck with that xsmhx
Might be a looong year in Mustang land.

KPSUL
August 27th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Mr C, good to have some old school humor back on AGS, leave the gifs to the humorless Valley boys.... thank you for the sage comment, but in full disclosure I picked Cal Poly on the Gohens pick em pool.... ouch.... I saw the game as a pick em so I picked both....

Heartwarming! A rooster and a hen in lovexlovex

TheValleyRaider
August 27th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Both teams seemed like they had a ways to go to settle in to mid season form. Colgate's D had some holes especially in the secondary, but as a whole played very well. Colgate's offense sputtered at times with a QB who needs to adjust to the game. Good news is he's a frosh, so that will come. Odd thing to see a QB in the read option who clearly doesn't want to carry the ball and appears a bit afraid to take a hit when he does have to run.

Some of those holes in the secondary, I'm guessing, were schematic, deciding to take away the run at the expense of the pass. Scarfone played fine as a sophomore, but yeah, he needs to keep a few more balls to make the read option more effective. We have 2 weeks to make some adjustments.

I'm sure the team enjoyed the trip to California (even beyond the result). Gutsy work from CP to climb back into the game, no doubt a tough one to lose. Presumably the Mustangs are making the return trip up to Hamilton sometime in the future?

slostang
August 27th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Some of those holes in the secondary, I'm guessing, were schematic, deciding to take away the run at the expense of the pass. Scarfone played fine as a sophomore, but yeah, he needs to keep a few more balls to make the read option more effective. We have 2 weeks to make some adjustments.

I'm sure the team enjoyed the trip to California (even beyond the result). Gutsy work from CP to climb back into the game, no doubt a tough one to lose. Presumably the Mustangs are making the return trip up to Hamilton sometime in the future?
I believe it was a guarantee game, but I hope I am wrong. Would love to see another game with Colgate. Good program and great fans

DirtyDukes
August 27th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Colgate looked great, no really, I mean it literally. Those uniforms looked amazing. Also the D.

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2017, 01:36 PM

...IT'S ALL WE HAVE....SYRUP BREATH........NEWARK'S UH LONELY TOWN..........SINCE KC......SADDLED-UP....DUH PALOMINO...........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM

xlolx

I like the humor now enjoy the winter....:D

Thumper 76
August 27th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Colgate looked great, no really, I mean it literally. Those uniforms looked amazing. Also the D.

So I'm assuming no homo? xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Green
August 27th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Congrats to Colgate!

But I hope that they learn from Dartmouth's mistakes last season and don't go into league games thinking that the other team will roll over and die just because they had a great OOC performance.

citdog
August 27th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Congrats to Colgate!

But I hope that they learn from Dartmouth's mistakes last season and don't go into league games thinking that the other team will roll over and die just because they had a great OOC performance.

Is the ivy league still playing football?

cx500d
August 27th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Is the ivy league still playing football?

Intramural.

Go...gate
August 27th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Missed most of the last two days visiting in NYC.

First and foremost, if you have not yet seen Ground Zero and the memorials, you really should. They are poignant and humbling reminders of that horrible tragedy. Trinity Church is also terrific.

Second, Congratulations to my beloved Red Raiders! Great performance!

citdog
August 27th, 2017, 09:17 PM

First and foremost, if you have not yet seen Ground Zero and the memorials, you really should. They are poignant and humbling reminders of that horrible tragedy. Trinity Church is also terrific.

Going to have to tear down that memorial. It could offend arabs.

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 09:22 PM

Where you able to find a place to eat that was not "cash only"....

Go...gate
August 27th, 2017, 09:32 PM
I believe it was a guarantee game, but I hope I am wrong. Would love to see another game with Colgate. Good program and great fans.

Right back at you! A couple of friends made the trip and said your fans were very gracious!

Go...gate
August 27th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Where you able to find a place to eat that was not "cash only"....

Walked over to Battery Park City. AMEX has their headquarters right there.

Go...gate
August 28th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Caribbeanhen, because we wanted to sit and watch the boats and ships on the Hudson, we went to a nice food court in the Brookfield Place building on Vesey Street. http://brookfieldplaceny.com/directory/food/all

However, we walked into a few fine-looking local restaurants down there and they all looked like they accepted credit cards.

PAllen
August 28th, 2017, 12:10 AM

Don't know when I'll be back, but will probably take the kids someday. Last time I was there, it was a big hole in the ground, but very moving indeed. I was there with a classmate from Lehigh who was at work across the street when it happened, and was standing near the bull when she turned to see the towers fall knowing her mom was on the 98th floor. We actually walked down into the pit alone. I don't know if anything can top that.

Go...gate
August 28th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Don't know when I'll be back, but will probably take the kids someday. Last time I was there, it was a big hole in the ground, but very moving indeed. I was there with a classmate from Lehigh who was at work across the street when it happened, and was standing near the bull when she turned to see the towers fall knowing her mom was on the 98th floor. We actually walked down into the pit alone. I don't know if anything can top that.

Wow. My goodness. You are right - nothing can top that.

slostang
August 28th, 2017, 11:06 AM
My only hope is that Colgate this year is a team like they were in 2015 that made it to the third round of the playoffs and Cal Poly bounces back after a rough start. Cal Poly was breaking in a new OC and QB and I think they kept the game plan too vanilla because of that. Colgate led the nation in rushing defense and you are not going to beat them running into the strength of their defense with over 40 FB dives. Here is hoping we get a bit more creative against San Jose State this Saturday. If not we are staring at 0-2 going to Northern Iowa the following week. Not a postion anyone would want to be in. UNI handed us @ss at home two years ago.

Once again, congrats to Colagate. You played a hell of a game. I have a lot of respect for your program and fans. Good luck the rest of the season.

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Caribbeanhen, because we wanted to sit and watch the boats and ships on the Hudson, we went to a nice food court in the Brookfield Place building on Vesey Street. http://brookfieldplaceny.com/directory/food/all

However, we walked into a few fine-looking local restaurants down there and they all looked like they accepted credit cards.

oh Yes, Brookfield place, nice view and yes ... they take credit cards, most of my complaining about credit cards are in the Chinatown area, or some of the Pizza joints... IRS needs to knock on the door of some of these places..

CFBfan
August 28th, 2017, 11:31 AM
My only hope is that Colgate this year is a team like they were in 2015 that made it to the third round of the playoffs and Cal Poly bounces back after a rough start. Cal Poly was breaking in a new OC and QB and I think they kept the game plan too vanilla because of that. Colgate led the nation in rushing defense and you are not going to beat them running into the strength of their defense with over 40 FB dives. Here is hoping we get a bit more creative against San Jose State this Saturday. If not we are staring at 0-2 going to Northern Iowa the following week. Not a postion anyone would want to be in. UNI handed us @ss at home two years ago.

Once again, congrats to Colagate. You played a hell of a game. I have a lot of respect for your program and fans. Good luck the rest of the season.

slostang i agree, gate looked better prepared. that said, they only had 9 1st downs and your receivers dropped 2 td passes among other self inflicted errors
good luck this season, gate will need some good luck too!

PAllen
August 28th, 2017, 11:38 AM

They played a heck of a game against CP, but take that stat with a grain of salt. The PL is a VERY pass happy league.

CFBfan
August 28th, 2017, 11:50 AM
They played a heck of a game against CP, but take that stat with a grain of salt. The PL is a VERY pass happy league.

and gate's corner are awful!!

ngineer
August 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM

I seem to recall some decent rushing by the Mountain Hawks last year...and against Colgate as well.

The Pud
August 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM
The Pod called this game correct! Colgate!!

Andy
August 30th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Congrats on the win Raiders! And they did it with minimal keepers by the soph QB. Very physical game. Impressive and fun to watch.

Lehigh'98
August 30th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I seem to recall some decent rushing by the Mountain Hawks last year...and against Colgate as well.

It's different when you have to defend the pass and run. They knew what was coming with CP

The Pud
August 30th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Just finished watching this game on ESPN3 reply and man, I am extremely impressed with Colgate!! I think 'gate should be a top 10 team in this week's rankings! They dominated C-Poly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2017, 06:27 PM
Future Colgate opponent Buffalo is on BTN against Minnesota. "Row The Boat"