PDA

View Full Version : Big South Pick'em Week 1 2017

bonarae
August 22nd, 2017, 12:14 AM
Liberty is no longer officially part of the FCS beginning this season (they are playoff ineligible), so I'm taking over their former conference's pick'em here for this season.

Here are the games:
Presbyterian at Wake Forest
Kennesaw State at Samford
Lafayette at Monmouth
Charleston Southern at Mississippi State
N.C. A&T at Gardner-Webb

Bucs2016
August 22nd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Liberty is no longer officially part of the FCS beginning this season (they are playoff ineligible), so I'm taking over their former conference's pick'em here for this season.

Here are the games:
Lafayette at Monmouth
N.C. A&T at Gardner-Webb

Agree with the above. But...dont be shocked if Kennesaw pulls an upset over Samford. KSU has top 20 talent this season.

As for my CSU Bucs..I think we'll make it interesting with Miss State. MSU traditionally has played down to competition often in OOC games. CSU has a VERY good FCS front 7...which translates to slightly above average in FBS so they can put up a fight vs MSUs read option offense.

AND...MSU faces a pretty good La Tech team in week 2 and a HUGE home game vs LSU week 3, so MSU wont break away from the basics too much vs CSU bc they dont want to show much on film that LT and LSU can scout. CSU runs read option so both teams will eat up clock to keep the game moving and that could result in a score that is uncomfortably close for MSU in the 2nd half. We wont win it. But i wont be shocked if we lose respectively like around 28-14 or something.

The Cats
August 22nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
Lafayette at Monmouth
N.C. A&T at Gardner-Webb

NorthChuckSouth
August 22nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
Lafayette at Monmouth