PDA

View Full Version : MORE JMU Suspensions??

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 02:22 PM
http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-football-suspends-six-players-for-opener-at-ecu/article_0242e77a-835b-11e7-ab17-4784b1f54036.html

What is going on with this program? I can't remember an FCS champion having to suspend players for the NAtty, and then 4 games of Next season. Geez give these guys a ring and they loose their minds. I'm guessing weed. It's always weed.

Mix in the YSU suspensions in the Natty and all of a sudden it's like the old Southwest Conference.

"Do the things, win the points"

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 17th, 2017, 02:31 PM
You're ok.

I'm open to just foregoing the football game on the 27th and instead just having an open ended conversation on why JMU blows. See if you can gin up any interest on your side.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 02:37 PM
There's already a thread for this you idiot

Also it's called program integrity.

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2017, 02:43 PM
All but two are carryovers from last year. Only three were potential starters in 2017 (with only one actually playing in our final two games of last season. Kloosterman).

We'll be alright. What's SHSU's excuse for when UR soundly beats them?

StrikeJMU
August 17th, 2017, 02:57 PM
I hope it is weed. If our boys can play stoned and still clean house, imagine how they could play like straight.

http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-football-suspends-six-players-for-opener-at-ecu/article_0242e77a-835b-11e7-ab17-4784b1f54036.html

What is going on with this program? I can't remember an FCS champion having to suspend players for the NAtty, and then 4 games of Next season. Geez give these guys a ring and they loose their minds. I'm guessing weed. It's always weed.

Mix in the YSU suspensions in the Natty and all of a sudden it's like the old Southwest Conference.

cx500d
August 17th, 2017, 03:26 PM

Its so they can have an excuse for losing to one of the most pathetic FBS teams out there.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Its so they can have an excuse for losing to one of the most pathetic FBS teams out there.

We won't lose.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 04:12 PM
We won't lose.

Are you sure?

cx500d
August 17th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Are you sure?

At least they have their excuse ready....

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Someone's clearly rooting for the pirates so he can push his team back up to #1 in the poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
August 17th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Someone's clearly rooting for the pirates so he can push his team back up to #1 in the poll.

Nope, I have SDSU higher. I'm just busting your balls because a bunch of your fellow yokels were all hand wringing and nervous and very unsure of whether they could beat those guys, despite being one of the worst fbs teams.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 04:31 PM

Based on what? The fact that i asked about the amount of suspension? I'm sorry if i'd like for the FCS representative to be considered an ethical team.

IBleedYellow
August 17th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Mike Houston gains my respect each and every day.

Dude holds his players to a high standard, and expects them to follow. If they don't, they are punished.

Nothing to see here, just a respectable coach doing things you would expect.

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Massey says JMU is #60 with fbs/fcs together. ECU is #114.
Sagarin hasn't updated yet. These computer sites don't take into account suspensions, injuries and returning starters, coaching changes, transfers.
We should win according to Massey. Vegas had us winning before they took the line down.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:35 PM
At least they have their excuse ready....

You're the only person I've seen offer an excuse.

Nope, I have SDSU higher. I'm just busting your balls because a bunch of your fellow yokels were all hand wringing and nervous and very unsure of whether they could beat those guys, despite being one of the worst fbs teams.

Where? Who is saying that? I haven't seen any and I feel like I'm on every JMU forum there is.

Mike Houston gains my respect each and every day.

Dude holds his players to a high standard, and expects them to follow. If they don't, they are punished.

Nothing to see here, just a respectable coach doing things you would expect.

This is the real truth. I can't imagine being a coach that has to bench a 1st Team All-American for a summer indiscretion. The temptation to ignore it would be high. But not for Mike. He's a man of principle.

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I had admitted that JMU beating ECU is not a guarantee and got crap from him for it. Fcs teams are always at a disadvantage vs fbs. A ndsu six game streak has them feeling a bit delusional about the prospects.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I had admitted that JMU beating ECU is not a guarantee and got crap from him for it. Fcs teams are always at a disadvantage vs fbs. A ndsu six game streak has them feeling a bit delusional about the prospects.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/bf7b69a6c89f089f764182aa77ecadf9/tumblr_n58iahbOIX1tqauvuo1_500.gif

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 04:57 PM
signature removal test. take 1

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I still think it was weed. Or shrooms.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2017, 05:04 PM
signature removal test. take 1

Now it should show up correctly for everyone.

jmufan999
August 17th, 2017, 05:53 PM
I still think it was weed. Or shrooms.

as delusional as you are, i think you're on shrooms most of the time. you definitely hallucinate when you watch football.

milleniumkat
August 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
as delusional as you are, i think you're on shrooms most of the time. you definitely hallucinate when you watch football.

Yeah well....i.....i got nothing. Well said.

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 08:08 AM
i expected a jmu loss in the opener anyway so this doesn't change my pick.

The Pud
August 18th, 2017, 08:13 AM

+8

RootinFerDukes
August 18th, 2017, 08:44 AM

You all are such haters. Can you go ahead and provide me with the excuse now for when you all get pushed around by UR?

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 09:13 AM
You all are such haters. Can you go ahead and provide me with the excuse now for when you all get pushed around by UR?

i'm not hating. i don't think you will beat ECU. It's just an opinion. don't take it personal. If UR wins, they deserved it cuz they were the better team on that day.

knit35
August 18th, 2017, 10:27 AM
i'm not hating. i don't think you will beat ECU. It's just an opinion. don't take it personal. If UR wins, they deserved it cuz they were the better team on that day.

I like you. I know you have gone back and forth with a lot of other JMU fans but if you ever come to Harrisonburg for game lets pound a few beers and eat some food. Hopefully the same if we come down there. Heck if you are in Memphis let me know.

Anyway I dont care about the ECU game. I think we will win and I hope we do but in the end I care about us being healthy, winning the CAA and then on to the playoffs for more quality wins. I want us to play good teams and have them be great matchups, that is what competing and sports is all about. Practice your butt off, have fun in the games and lets see who the best is. At that point hats off to the victors.

Man I can wait for games to start. Go Dukes!

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I like you. I know you have gone back and forth with a lot of other JMU fans but if you ever come to Harrisonburg for game lets pound a few beers and eat some food. Hopefully the same if we come down there. Heck if you are in Memphis let me know.

Anyway I dont care about the ECU game. I think we will win and I hope we do but in the end I care about us being healthy, winning the CAA and then on to the playoffs for more quality wins. I want us to play good teams and have them be great matchups, that is what competing and sports is all about. Practice your butt off, have fun in the games and lets see who the best is. At that point hats off to the victors.

Man I can wait for games to start. Go Dukes!

Buddy i enjoy a good banter. And i have nothing but respect for JMU program and fans in general, but if some folks want to poke us, that's cool, but they need to prepare to get it in return. It's not personal. Sports are supposed to be fun, sports discussions should be even funner. I give as good as i get..just ask Mrs MK. lol.

You and any other fan of any other FCS team coming to Huntsville are always welcome with me and my peeps. I'm the same guy in person. I never say anything on the internet i wouldn't say in person, but in person, it's more fun to partake in adult beverages and enjoy the company of others. I'm just a little goofy and enjoy saying things that make people squirm a little. lol. it's just the 😈in me. But i mean no harm.

My pick about JMU vs ECU has less to do with JMU and more to do with ECU. I think ECU will be improved. They have a good RB and some excellent WRs. They just didn't get consistent play from QB last year. If they improve they should be able to pull out a win vs a top tier FCS. But a JMU win would certainly not shock me.

Btw, this whole thread was started just to jab at a couple of JMU guys in good fun. It's certainly not an attack on JMU as a program or Houston.

I pass through memphis once a year to visit MK Senior. Next summer i may look you up. You are not a cannibal right? That's one of my Bug-a-boos...that and having sex with old ladies for money. I just won't do it.

knit35
August 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Buddy i enjoy a good banter. And i have nothing but respect for JMU program and fans in general, but if some folks want to poke us, that's cool, but they need to prepare to get it in return. It's not personal. Sports are supposed to be fun, sports discussions should be even funner. I give as good as i get..just ask Mrs MK. lol.

You and any other fan of any other FCS team coming to Huntsville are always welcome with me and my peeps. I'm the same guy in person. I never say anything on the internet i wouldn't say in person, but in person, it's more fun to partake in adult beverages and enjoy the company of others. I'm just a little goofy and enjoy saying things that make people squirm a little. lol. it's just the in me. But i mean no harm.

My pick about JMU vs ECU has less to do with JMU and more to do with ECU. I think ECU will be improved. They have a good RB and some excellent WRs. They just didn't get consistent play from QB last year. If they improve they should be able to pull out a win vs a top tier FCS. But a JMU win would certainly not shock me.

I was actually saying I agree with your approach and appreciate your opinions. I enjoy banter and opinion and perspective that is different or perhaps goes against what people believe to be "popular" opinion. Continue to stir it up my man.

I agree ECU will be much better and I expect a competitive game, i expect their talent and depth at some positions to be better then ours, the reason I believe we will win is our ability to play as a team more consistently then them. How quickly can their transfers assimilate to the group and how quickly can they be cohesive will be important.

Ill pour one out for you guys when you take the field against the spiders.

DirtyDukes
August 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Serious question for the Soft Houston Goldfishies -

If you all beat a team 65-7 and they were playing a team that played you close, would you pick the team you blew out to win?

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Serious question for the Soft Houston Goldfishies -

If you all beat a team 65-7 and they were playing a team that played you close, would you pick the team you blew out to win?

Prolly not in general, but being a guy who understands that sports scores are affected by many factors, i would have to look at the factors involved in each instance. Making a blanket prediction based on nothing but a previous score is something i stopped doing when i was about 11 years old.

knit35
August 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM

You and any other fan of any other FCS team coming to Huntsville are always welcome with me and my peeps. I'm the same guy in person. I never say anything on the internet i wouldn't say in person, but in person, it's more fun to partake in adult beverages and enjoy the company of others. I'm just a little goofy and enjoy saying things that make people squirm a little. lol. it's just the in me. But i mean no harm.

Btw, this whole thread was started just to jab at a couple of JMU guys in good fun. It's certainly not an attack on JMU as a program or Houston.

I pass through memphis once a year to visit MK Senior. Next summer i may look you up. You are not a cannibal right? That's one of my Bug-a-boos...that and having sex with old ladies for money. I just won't do it.

Not a Cannibal yet, nothing has forced me to go down that path. Although I do enjoy being a carnivore. Anyway, you come thru Memphis, let me know. I appreciate your opinion and ability to go against "popular" opinion. Continue to stir it up. I dont take things personal and I like to laugh.

JMU can win, I agree it wouldnt surprise me. How fast can ECU's transfers assimilate into a team and make a contribution will be key I believe in this early game. We will play as a team from the start and I believe have depth at key places. However they have talent and depth all over so I do think this comes down to the end. I believe JMU should win.

I'll pour one out and drink a bunch while I watch you guys play the spiders.

DirtyDukes
August 18th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Prolly not in general, but being a guy who understands that sports scores are affected by many factors, i would have to look at the factors involved in each instance. Making a blanket prediction based on nothing but a previous score is something i stopped doing when i was about 11 years old.

I was at the game. It's not like I just saw the score. It's based on a lot of things, but mainly the way you guys played.

Lorne_Malvo
August 18th, 2017, 11:40 AM
You all are such haters. Post #29 is a pretty good example of why.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 18th, 2017, 11:47 AM

NDSU is already #1..........but keep living a lie

milleniumkat
August 18th, 2017, 04:48 PM
I was at the game. It's not like I just saw the score. It's based on a lot of things, but mainly the way you guys played.

u asked a ? I answered. i'm sorry if you disagree. The way we played, in that one game, was a factor i would consider. thank u

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM
Well? It's monday, has anyone else been suspended? I kid! I kid! I kid!

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2017, 09:55 AM
u asked a ? I answered. i'm sorry if you disagree. The way we played, in that one game, was a factor i would consider. thank u

Its not like nobody told you what was going to happen when you played a real team. Plus its not like you didnt play as well as you should and lost by a couple of TDs. You got boat raced-----seal clubbed or what ever other description is appropriate. You didnt have an off day. You played a vastly superior team.

jmufan999
August 21st, 2017, 11:00 AM
Its not like nobody told you what was going to happen when you played a real team. Plus its not like you didnt play as well as you should and lost by a couple of TDs. You got boat raced-----seal clubbed or what ever other description is appropriate. You didnt have an off day. You played a vastly superior team.

But but but but Briscoe! didn't you know his shoulder is the reason their offensive line got manhandled by our DL? it's also the reason their WRs couldn't deal with press coverage. it's also why they couldn't figure out how to punt protect. and why they had some of the worst punt coverage I've ever seen. and why we had two separate runners go over 100 yards rushing, putting in a WIDE RECEIVER in at RB for the entire 4th quarter, just for the hell of it. but that's all because Briscoe. but that was just "one bad game"!

GreenGlasses
August 21st, 2017, 11:38 AM

Scottie Montgomery sucks as an in game coach. ECWho should have never fired Ruffin McNeil. Was a dumb move in my opinion.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM
i've made no excuse about that game so direct it elsewhere.

jmufan999
August 21st, 2017, 01:17 PM
i've made no excuse about that game so direct it elsewhere.

never said I was talking to you.

beerkat
August 21st, 2017, 02:38 PM

But but but but Briscoe! didn't you know his shoulder is the reason their offensive line got manhandled by our DL? it's also the reason their WRs couldn't deal with press coverage. it's also why they couldn't figure out how to punt protect. and why they had some of the worst punt coverage I've ever seen. and why we had two separate runners go over 100 yards rushing, putting in a WIDE RECEIVER in at RB for the entire 4th quarter, just for the hell of it. but that's all because Briscoe. but that was just "one bad game"!

Since you guys are experts on SHSU football and watch more SHSU games than their own fans do, and since we are basing everything off of last year, I'm sure you have no problem putting your money where your mouth is. Kats lost by 58 on the road at JMU, JMU beat Richmond by 4. 58 minus 4 gives you 54 points that Richmond should be favored by. I'll even throw in an extra 14 points for the homefield advantage. So any takers on Richmond -40 @ SHSU?

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
never said I was talking to you.

fair enough but just saying.

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM

Did Briscoe play defense? He must of because with him hurt JMU scored a lot of points. :D

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 05:32 PM
So no more suspensions today so far? That's good i think.

RootinFerDukes
August 21st, 2017, 06:07 PM
I'm glad to know that a soft Houston state player has never passed the peace pipe around before. 🙄

Serpentor
August 21st, 2017, 06:17 PM
I'm glad to know that a soft Houston state player has never passed the peace pipe around before. 

Can't all have the esoteric experiences that Dame Madison players have.

kdinva
August 21st, 2017, 06:20 PM
All but two are carryovers from last year. Only three were potential starters in 2017 (with only one actually playing in our final two games of last season. Kloosterman).

We'll be alright. What's SHSU's excuse for when UR soundly beats them?

Glad to see Coach Houston has the balls to do what is right, in his eyes......not anyone else's....

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 07:41 PM
James Madison University. I wonder what the universities new name will be.

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 07:55 PM
I'm glad to know that a soft Houston state player has never passed the peace pipe around before. 🙄

Did anyone say that? Did anyone criticize them?

milleniumkat
August 21st, 2017, 07:56 PM

L
M
A
O
🍿

cx500d
August 21st, 2017, 07:56 PM

James Mason?

George Madison?

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 08:06 PM
Jackie Moon?