PDA

View Full Version : 2017 MVFC Pigskin Parlay

ST_Lawson
August 17th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Hi Everybody,
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/5/5e/Dr._Riviera.png/revision/latest?cb=20120509073411
Some of you have done this in the past, but I wanted to put it here to remind/inform everyone.

Our annual MVFC Pigskin Parlay is up now at Leatherneck Nation and available here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/pickem.php
It's free to play and participate in, and you can win $/gift cards for winning individual weeks picks, side games, and the overall season-long competition (I think I earned nearly $250 in amazon gift cards two years ago).

As I said, it's free and open to everyone (including non-MVFC fans), although it is MVFC-oriented. The picks each week generally include all the MVFC games for that week, plus a few other outside games (Week 1's are UTC vs JSU, Colgate vs Cal Poly, and Richmond vs SHSU, for example), and usually a bonus contest.

It's run (and funded) by a generous WIU alumni who likes to use this to keep his coding/programming/scripting skills up-to-date and just enjoys doing stuff like this.

Oh, and one thing about the game, when you're entering your picks, you put in the margin that you think the team will win by. So, for example, if you think that Western will beat Tennessee Tech by a TD in that game, you'd put a 7 for Western.

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck in your picks this season.

Evolution Prime
August 17th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Signed up one again for this outstanding event. Thank you for putting this on once again.

I also posted/linked this up in the FCS Football Fans Nation Facebook page for those who may not be AGS members or visitor and may be interested.

Bisonator
August 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM
I'm in, thanks for the game ST_Lawson!

Mayville Bison
August 17th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Have really enjoyed this one the past 3-4 years. Side games are always fun - even though I'm terrible at them. Thanks for the reminders!

ST_Lawson
August 17th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Glad you guys enjoy it. Just for clarification, the generous WIU alumni who does it is not actually me (see, we do have more fans than just me ;) ). I collaborate with him to get it linked and put up on our message board, but I didn't want to be grabbing credit for someone else's hard work and generosity. He goes by sealhall74 on the LeatherneckNation.net message board, for anyone that happens to be a part of our little community and wants to send some thanks his way.

UNIFanSince1983
August 17th, 2017, 02:01 PM
It's run (and funded) by a generous WIU alumni who likes to use this to keep his coding/programming/scripting skills up-to-date and just enjoys doing stuff like this.

Awesome idea and I guess I sort of have to sign up now ;)

ST_Lawson
August 17th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Awesome idea and I guess I sort of have to sign up now ;)

I was going to respond to your pre-edited version and say that I didn't really know, but the footer on the login page says "Pigskin Parlay is powered by Google Sheets, Apps Script, and HTML Service along with Javascript/JQuery. No cookies." so I don't know that he's using much php (if any).

I use php a lot myself though, including for much of the leatherneck nation website.

UNIFanSince1983
August 17th, 2017, 02:15 PM
I was going to respond to your pre-edited version and say that I didn't really know, but the footer on the login page says "Pigskin Parlay is powered by Google Sheets, Apps Script, and HTML Service along with Javascript/JQuery. No cookies." so I don't know that he's using much php (if any).

I use php a lot myself though, including for much of the leatherneck nation website.

Yeah that is where I saw the PHP before I actually clicked on the link to go to the Google scripts page. Which is why I edited :)

I am not a fan of PHP, but man it is used A LOT!

ST_Lawson
August 17th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I am not a fan of PHP, but man it is used A LOT!

I know I use it a lot. I know it fairly well...not an expert, but I know enough to do what I need to do for the most part.

NorthChuckSouth
August 17th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Outside of MVFC but i'm actually really looking foward to this!

ST_Lawson
August 23rd, 2017, 11:16 AM
Still time for anyone interested to get signed up for this before this weekend's games. Technically you can sign up any time during the season and still win prizes, but if you want the best chance at winning the whole thing, you have more chances to rack up points if you start early. Just wanted to let everyone know.

cx500d
September 5th, 2017, 09:01 PM
bump for those doing this one

cx500d
September 12th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Bump for those doing this one