PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Conferences

UNHWildCats
January 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I know theres a few changes in conference lineups can you guys help me out with changes from last season?

BIG SKY
Montana
Montana State
Portland State
Northern Arizona
Sacramento State
Weber State
Eastern Washington
Idaho State
Northern Colorado

BIG SOUTH
Coastal Carolina
Charleston Southern
Liberty
Gardner-Webb
Virginia Military

COLONIAL ATHLETIC
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Maine
Northeastern
Rhode Island
Hofstra
James Madison
Villanova
Towson
Richmond
Delaware
William & Mary

GATEWAY
Youngstown State
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Western Kentucky
Western Illinois
Missouri State
Indiana State

GREAT WEST
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Cal Poly
California-Davis
Southern Utah

IVY
Princeton
Yale
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Cornell
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth

MAAC
Duquesne
Marist
Iona
La Salle
St Peter's

MEAC
Hampton
Delaware State
South Carolina State
Florida A&M
Morgan State
Howard
Bethune Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina A&T

NORTHEAST
Monmouth
Albany
Robert Morris
Stony Brook
Centrl Connecticut
St. Francis
Sacred Heart
Wagner

OHIO VALLEY
Tennessee-Martin
Eastern Illinois
Tennessee State
Jacksonville State
Eastern Kentucky
Tennessee Tech
Southeast Missouri State
Samford
Murray State

PATRIOT
Lafayette
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown

PIONEER
San Diego
Drake
Davidson
Jacksonville
Butler
Morehead State
Dayton
Valparaiso

SOUTHERN
Appalachian State
Furman
Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Georgia Southern
Chattanooga
Western Carolina

SOUTHLAND
McNeese State
Sam Houston
Stephen F Austin
Texas State
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
Southeastern Louisiana

SWAC
Alabama A&M
Jackson State
Alcorn State
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Southern
Grambling State
Texas Southern
Prairie View A&M

INDEPENDENTS
Central Arkansas
Winston-Salem State
Austin Peay
Savannah State

Bison05
January 30th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Western Ketucky is no longer in the Gateway conference.

th0m
January 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Those that come to mind: Presby to Big South, Central Arkansas to SLC. Of course, I don't know if they'll be full members this year, someone else can undoubtedly clarify that.

rokamortis
January 30th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Presbyterian College will be independant this year and a full member of the Big South next year.

rokamortis
January 30th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Winston-Salem to the MEAC this year?

dbackjon
January 30th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Stony Brook is independent in 2007, I believe.

RabidRabbit
January 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM
WSSC to MEAC
UCA to Southland
Austin Peay to OVC this year.

Presbyterian joins Savannah St. as Independent.

WKU out of Gateway.

Even if 2/19 Gateway meeting selects SDSU/NDSU won't begin til '08.

danefan
January 30th, 2007, 06:27 PM
:nod:
That is correct my friend.

UNHWildCats
January 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM
:nod:
That is correct my friend.

About your signature... Gov Spitzer isnt gonna challenge President Clinton :p

SU Jag
January 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
North Carolina Central-MEAC

McNeese75
January 30th, 2007, 09:08 PM
About your signature... Gov Spitzer isnt gonna challenge President Clinton :p

Bill running again? :confused:

TexasTerror
January 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
North Carolina Central-MEAC

Not yet...

They're an independent first...similar to WSSU and UCA last year before moving into MEAC, SLC respectively...

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2007, 12:58 PM
Is NCCU going to the MEAC when they move up or are they just thinking that they will get back in. NCCU and Savannah St. make sense but that would be to easy. Also when ODU joins the CAA in 2009 will the CAA stay at 13 or go to 14? I hope they split and they can start another football conference. UNH, Maine, UMass, URI, Villanova, Stony Brook, and Albany if they get the schollys up from 30 or IUP from D-II(I always hear talk of them moving up).

TheValleyRaider
January 31st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Is NCCU going to the MEAC when they move up or are they just thinking that they will get back in. NCCU and Savannah St. make sense but that would be to easy. Also when ODU joins the CAA in 2009 will the CAA stay at 13 or go to 14? I hope they split and they can start another football conference. UNH, Maine, UMass, URI, Villanova, Stony Brook, and Albany if they get the schollys up from 30 or IUP from D-II(I always hear talk of them moving up).

The big questions of the future of Eastern football. I believe ODU's plan is to start their program as an Indy in 2009, then join the CAA in 2011. What happens to the CAA after that remains up for discussion, but there seems to be a lot of questions about their remaining at 13 teams. America East Football (or whatever it gets called) seems to be the liveliest rumor, but for now it's just that. Of course, there's also rumblings of football being added to Georgia State (another CAA school), which could complicate things further.

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2007, 10:47 PM
UNC-Charlotte has football rumblings as well. Plus Stony Brook moving to full scholly could add another member to the AEC FB.

I hear UTSA, Lamar, Texas A&M-CC, UNCC, Georgia St., George Mason, Kennesaw St., Wichita St., UVSC, and ETSU(seems the most legit) are thinking of adding football.

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
I know theres a few changes in conference lineups can you guys help me out with changes from last season?

IVY
Princeton
Yale
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Cornell
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Lafayette

Seriously... I don't know how fans and admins keep missing this every year... it's annoying!

Demon Fan
February 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM

BIG SKY
Montana
Montana State
Portland State
Northern Arizona
Sacramento State
Weber State
Eastern Washington
Idaho State
Northern Colorado

BIG SOUTH
Coastal Carolina
Charleston Southern
Liberty
Gardner-Webb
Virginia Military

COLONIAL ATHLETIC
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Maine
Northeastern
Rhode Island
Hofstra
James Madison
Villanova
Towson
Richmond
Delaware
William & Mary

GATEWAY
Youngstown State
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Western Kentucky
Western Illinois
Missouri State
Indiana State

GREAT WEST
North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Cal Poly
California-Davis
Southern Utah

IVY
Princeton
Yale
Harvard
Pennsylvania
Cornell
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth

MAAC
Duquesne
Marist
Iona
La Salle
St Peter's

MEAC
Hampton
Delaware State
South Carolina State
Florida A&M
Morgan State
Howard
Bethune Cookman
Norfolk State
North Carolina A&T

NORTHEAST
Monmouth
Albany
Robert Morris
Stony Brook
Centrl Connecticut
St. Francis
Sacred Heart
Wagner

OHIO VALLEY
Tennessee-Martin
Eastern Illinois
Tennessee State
Jacksonville State
Eastern Kentucky
Tennessee Tech
Southeast Missouri State
Samford
Murray State

PATRIOT
Lafayette
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown

PIONEER
San Diego
Drake
Davidson
Jacksonville
Butler
Morehead State
Dayton
Valparaiso

SOUTHERN
Appalachian State
Furman
Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Georgia Southern
Chattanooga
Western Carolina

SOUTHLAND
McNeese State
Sam Houston
Stephen F Austin
Texas State
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
Southeastern Louisiana

SWAC
Alabama A&M
Jackson State
Alcorn State
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Southern
Grambling State
Texas Southern
Prairie View A&M

INDEPENDENTS
Central Arkansas
Winston-Salem State
Austin Peay
Savannah State

University of Central Arkansas is now a member of the Southland Conference

redspider
February 1st, 2007, 08:35 PM
I know we (Richmond) play stony brook this next year just curious what conference they are planning to move to ?

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
I hear UTSA, Lamar, Texas A&M-CC, UNCC, Georgia St., George Mason, Kennesaw St., Wichita St., UVSC, and ETSU(seems the most legit) are thinking of adding football.

Lamar should have an announcement about football soon according to their sources in the know. Due to their inept basketball squad, it may be tough for them to get out of the SLC as they so desire, so perhaps adding football is what they feel will allow them to get out of the SLC and into a conference of their choosing (namely the Sun Belt)...

Fresno St. Alum
February 2nd, 2007, 01:14 AM
If the Sun Belt takes on a 14th member it will be Texas St. I hear they are in year 2 of a 5 year plan to go I-A

TexasTerror
February 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
If the Sun Belt takes on a 14th member it will be Texas St. I hear they are in year 2 of a 5 year plan to go I-A

Yeah right...

They would not have lost their head football coach if it had not been for the lack of commitment by the AD to move the program to I-A among many other promises made by the athletic administration. This, according to the fans and those "in the know" from San Marcos.

Not sure if that is true, but it seems pretty compelling an argument...

Throw in the issues surrounding their baseball/softball complex, it seems unlikely..

Fresno St. Alum
February 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
So you say it's dead now? I'm just telling what I read on the Sun Belt board a year or so ago. If they're out maybe App St. would consider a move up. N.Carolina is a little out of the footprint of the SBC, I wonder if they would still take them.

slycat
February 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah right...

They would not have lost their head football coach if it had not been for the lack of commitment by the AD to move the program to I-A among many other promises made by the athletic administration. This, according to the fans and those "in the know" from San Marcos.

Not sure if that is true, but it seems pretty compelling an argument...

Throw in the issues surrounding their baseball/softball complex, it seems unlikely..

i would be pissed as a fan if we went to the slum belt. if someday in the future our we move to the BCS i hope we hold out for conference usa. according to the AD on his Q&A he says a move up is more likely if we continue winning seasons and increasing fan support. (we have set record attendance the last two seasons.) i personally dont see a move up for 5-10 years.

BigApp
February 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
what if a section of the Sun Belt broke off and started a new conference to include UNT, Louisiana & the Arkansas schools?

grizband
February 4th, 2007, 12:40 AM
So you say it's dead now? I'm just telling what I read on the Sun Belt board a year or so ago. If they're out maybe App St. would consider a move up. N.Carolina is a little out of the footprint of the SBC, I wonder if they would still take them.
Idaho was a member of the Sun Belt for a few years, so I think a school from NC would have a chance...

Fresno St. Alum
February 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Slycat, it doesn't usually work that way. Marshall went from the SoCon, MAC, then C-USA. Boise St. & Nevada, Big Sky, Big West, WAC. there is a ladder you have to go up rung by rung.

Griz, Idaho was football only in the Sun Belt they were Big West in all other sports. I'm sure they would want Texas St. or App St. to be all sports.

GeauxLions94
February 5th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Lamar should have an announcement about football soon according to their sources in the know. Due to their inept basketball squad, it may be tough for them to get out of the SLC as they so desire, so perhaps adding football is what they feel will allow them to get out of the SLC and into a conference of their choosing (namely the Sun Belt)...

Why? They sucked at football before and basketball is NOWHERES near the success they had in the past (can you say 25 years ago). About the only conference moving they would be doing would be the Gulf South (oh wait, that's a D2 league :smiley_wi)