PDA

View Full Version : Who is your pick to win the 2017 FCS Football National Championship?

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Make a pick and we will check back at the end of the season.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/be/4d/02be4da8845d8ca057d003075ba86385--ndsu-bison-football-professional-logo.jpg

Here is mine Bison go undefeated and start a new streak.

What say you?

citdog
August 4th, 2017, 01:55 PM
NDSU

Bisonator
August 4th, 2017, 02:07 PM
This thread is meaningless without a poll!

Oh well I'll go with the consensus NDSU.:D

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 02:13 PM
So how many consecutive titles did the Bison have to win before people finally stopped doubting your team?

Bisonator
August 4th, 2017, 02:23 PM
So how many consecutive titles did the Bison have to win before people finally stopped doubting your team?
2 for starters. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 4th, 2017, 02:28 PM
JMU

ysubigred
August 4th, 2017, 02:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnZM3MLYI4

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 02:33 PM
It's a homer pick but I don't see why JMU won't reload and go right back at it again. I do think it continues to come down to JMU/NDSU until neither is in the picture anymore.

BEAR
August 4th, 2017, 02:44 PM
http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/uca-bears-logo.jpg

Hammerhead
August 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
The new streak for da Bizon starts again this season!

kdinva
August 4th, 2017, 02:54 PM
NDSU

not Furman?

catamount man
August 4th, 2017, 02:58 PM
South Dakota State

Grizalltheway
August 4th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Lehigh

Professor Chaos
August 4th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Taking a page out of the book from:

http://sensiblereason.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/star_wars-logo.jpg

Last year was Episode VI: A New Hope (JMU)

This year is Episode VII: The Empire (NDSU) Strikes Back

The answer would be infinity. No matter how many times one team wins there will always be others that think "this year is our year!" It's the nature of sports. I'm fine with that.

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 03:09 PM

It was more like,

2011 - The Phantom Menace
2012 - Attack of the Clones
2013 - Revenge of the Sith
2014 - A New Hope... for Bison (almost lost that one)
2015 - The Empire Strikes Back
2016 - Return of the 2004 Jedi
2017 - The Dukes Force Awakens

jmufan999
August 4th, 2017, 03:09 PM

your predictions in the playoffs were pretty god awful so this makes me feel good.

Bison56
August 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM
NDSU

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM
your predictions in the playoffs were pretty god awful so this makes me feel good.

He was doubting us throughout and just looked like a fool.

LUHawker
August 4th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Lehigh

You know something out there in the West, that we don't here in the East? xeyebrowx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 03:18 PM
your predictions in the playoffs were pretty god awful so this makes me feel good.Calm down little brother

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
He was doubting us throughout and just looked like a fool.You really shou of use that for motivation. maybe get some shirts printed up?

jmufan999
August 4th, 2017, 03:22 PM
You really shou of use that for motivation. maybe get some shirts printed up?

that's some fancy talkin', Cleetus.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2017, 03:33 PM
It's a homer pick but I don't see why JMU won't reload and go right back at it again. I do think it continues to come down to JMU/NDSU until neither is in the picture anymore.

Bison were/ are a Dynasty. They've proven they can sustain championship level success. Which is a VERY VERY VERY rare thing. Until JMU proves they can do the same I will continue to have my doubts.

My pick is the Bison.

My second choice is JSU. Because I'm a homer. And because IF they fix their **** they could make another run at the title. But I don't have any 'if' concerns with the Bison.

citdog
August 4th, 2017, 03:36 PM
that's some fancy talkin', Cleetus.

There is ONLY ONE Cleetus...

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 03:48 PM
SDSU

#bookit

dewey
August 4th, 2017, 04:13 PM
NDSU

Dewey

BisonFan02
August 4th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Northern Iowa. They're due.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ19icKDl3SQeJzw_AN5a15pkeA-gxPLkVGUR-tEd98TI96mwo2bg

BisonFan02
August 4th, 2017, 04:31 PM
SDSU

#bookit

Thumper just died. :D

Rabbit74
August 4th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!

GodHelpTheBears
August 4th, 2017, 04:41 PM
UND or Sam, just so I can read the reactions on here. Bonus points if UND wins it after losing to us.

Oh, you meant my pick. Ok, one of the DSUs.

ngineer
August 4th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Make a pick and we will check back at the end of the season.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/be/4d/02be4da8845d8ca057d003075ba86385--ndsu-bison-football-professional-logo.jpg

What say you?

Not a new 'streak' until you have back to back wins. Remember the great line from "Major League"...that's two wins in a row boys. That's what's called a winning streak!"xsmiley_wixCan't argue with the pick, though.

DirtyDukes
August 4th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Well it won't be Montana, that's for sure.

Dukes or Bison, I"m a homer lets say Dukes

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 05:43 PM
If JMU even makes the playoffs this year I will be slightly surprised.

Absolutely no way and under any circumstances they should be the preseason #1 losing the talent they did. Its why college football message boards make me laugh so hard.

NoVABison
August 4th, 2017, 05:51 PM
NDSU... Bison are on a mission

One more title and NDSU ties Georgia Southern for 1AA/FCS titles... two more and Georgia Southern's record goes away (much like App State's 3-peat)

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 06:00 PM

Absolutely no way and under any circumstances they should be the preseason #1 losing the talent they did. Its why college football message boards make me laugh so hard.

You're the worst troll on this message board. You're not even good at your trade.

Thumper 76
August 4th, 2017, 06:10 PM
SDSU

#bookit

#unbookit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
August 4th, 2017, 06:11 PM
You know something out there in the West, that we don't here in the East? xeyebrowx
Yes, but I'm not at liberty to share.

BisonFan02
August 4th, 2017, 06:34 PM
#unbookit

Cry about it. xlolx

GoDukes11
August 4th, 2017, 06:36 PM
JMU is ready to repeat - Go Dukes!

TheKingpin28
August 4th, 2017, 06:49 PM

Truth!

TheKingpin28
August 4th, 2017, 06:50 PM
#unbookit

http://e.lvme.me/pzv5j7l.jpg

SFA 93
August 4th, 2017, 06:58 PM
same ole same ole

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Here you go:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25704&stc=1

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I am trying to figure out how much $$ I should bet on SDSU for the game with NDSU in Brookings. I took UND over Richmond and SDSU over NDSU last year in the playoffs and lost both those bets, happily. I am on a roll baby, might have to lay down some greenbacks on SDSU over NDSU this fall. I should have let the losses ride last year on JMU but didn't get it done and contributed to the NDSU loss in a karma sort of way.

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 07:35 PM
http://e.lvme.me/pzv5j7l.jpgThere is no reversing it, it is on.

Thumper 76
August 4th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Cry about it. xlolx
I will.

http://e.lvme.me/pzv5j7l.jpg
If I bet you though, what happens then? A tie?

I am trying to figure out how much $$ I should bet on SDSU for the game with NDSU in Brookings. I took UND over Richmond and SDSU over NDSU last year in the playoffs and lost both those bets, happily. I am on a roll baby, might have to lay down some greenbacks on SDSU over NDSU this fall. I should have let the losses ride last year on JMU but didn't get it done and contributed to the NDSU loss in a karma sort of way.

There is no reversing it, it is on.

You're a horrible person. xlolx

UNHWildcat18
August 4th, 2017, 08:32 PM
I'll go ahead and say NDSU, but they need to improve their passing game if they play a team like JMU from last season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I'll go ahead and say NDSU, but they need to improve their passing game if they play a team like JMU from last season.

Passing game definitely needs to improve. Having a draft pick LB and potential AA DT back will help. They would have made a huge impact in that game with JMU last year.

JayMYou
August 4th, 2017, 09:27 PM

At first I thought it was envy, but I now realize it's just Schadenfreude. Look within buddy, self-love is more than pulling your pud.

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Buddha

RootinFerDukes
August 4th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Here you go:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25704&stc=1
I wouldn't even be mad.

dudeitsaid
August 4th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Maybe, since most of the responses are homer calls (not without justification, since most were from NDSU and JMU fans, the last two NC winners), it should be, "Aside from your team, who do you think will win the championship?"

Of course, any of us with strong teams think it's our year. I absolutely think EWU has a great chance.

But in all honesty, I think this is SDSU's year.

Daytripper
August 4th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Central Arkansas

JayMYou
August 4th, 2017, 10:40 PM
I'm not surprised that most voted JMU #1 in the poll but are voting NDSU to win the NC. It's understandable that many feel they rise to the occasion but I think this year will be harder for them than last year. One reason is I don't think they're going to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. A softer-rated OOC schedule this year (no FBS game) and playing on the road against their toughest opponents means they may very well need to go undefeated for a top 2 seed. An FCS loss that wouldn't be offset by knocking off a P5 would do more damage than their FCS loss last year. Having lost the title last year also means that (right or wrong) they may be without a certain level of forgiveness by the selection committee since they've proven defeatable and there's no historical streak to continue.

The advantage the Bison enjoy from the noise in that (very nice) metal crate can not be overstated. Phenomenal fan support and culture but if not for the false starts and miscues killing half a dozen JMU drives that game may have been a 3 or 4 score difference.

The other reason is JMU demonstrated how to beat NDSU- a strong balanced offense and a swarming physical defense. No team at our level can beat the Bison at their own game but their biggest hole this year is OL and their bread and butter grinding game plan will be less effective. And since the Bison aren't built for (nor have they really ever had a need for) playing from behind, they'll be hard-pressed keeping pace against certain teams. Sam Houston isn't there yet but obviously EWU and SDSU showed last year they are on to it by how well they played at Fargo. Now they get NDSU at home. Granted getting some key players back and another year for younger players to improve will make for a formidable Bison team, I think enough of the field has closed the gap on them that a semi-final on the road against the wrong team will be their downfall. Odds are one of those teams will be EWU, SDSU, or JMU. And even if it's not in the semi-final, best case for NDSU is it will be JMU in the final. That's right childrens, JMU will repeat this year. xnodx

Bisonwinagn
August 5th, 2017, 12:23 AM
NDSU's defense should be much better this year which means they will be a lot more consistent and will take pressure off the offense. They will likely lose their annual one game and end up 1 or 2 seed. More depth should also lead to a fresher healthier team come playoff time. Last year's team was gassed because of lack of depth. Would love to see NDSU and JMU in Frisco with the Bison regaining the throne. Oh also it's very hard to repeat xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
August 5th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Maybe, since most of the responses are homer calls (not without justification, since most were from NDSU and JMU fans, the last two NC winners), it should be, "Aside from your team, who do you think will win the championship?"

Of course, any of us with strong teams think it's our year. I absolutely think EWU has a great chance.

I'm in agreement with this. I think SDSU will finish high enough to not have to go to Fargo in the playoffs, they'll make it through to Frisco and win it all.

DirtyDukes
August 5th, 2017, 08:12 AM

Are you even trying anymore? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

caribbeanhen
August 5th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Clearly JMU's title to lose after the domination in Fargo

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 5th, 2017, 08:32 AM
OL will not be a "hole" this year. If fact, this will be a strength.

POD Knows
August 5th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I'm not surprised that most voted JMU #1 in the poll but are voting NDSU to win the NC. It's understandable that many feel they rise to the occasion but I think this year will be harder for them than last year. One reason is I don't think they're going to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. A softer-rated OOC schedule this year (no FBS game) and playing on the road against their toughest opponents means they may very well need to go undefeated for a top 2 seed. An FCS loss that wouldn't be offset by knocking off a P5 would do more damage than their FCS loss last year. Having lost the title last year also means that (right or wrong) they may be without a certain level of forgiveness by the selection committee since they've proven defeatable and there's no historical streak to continue.

The advantage the Bison enjoy from the noise in that (very nice) metal crate can not be overstated. Phenomenal fan support and culture but if not for the false starts and miscues killing half a dozen JMU drives that game may have been a 3 or 4 score difference.

The other reason is JMU demonstrated how to beat NDSU- a strong balanced offense and a swarming physical defense. No team at our level can beat the Bison at their own game but their biggest hole this year is OL and their bread and butter grinding game plan will be less effective. And since the Bison aren't built for (nor have they really ever had a need for) playing from behind, they'll be hard-pressed keeping pace against certain teams. Sam Houston isn't there yet but obviously EWU and SDSU showed last year they are on to it by how well they played at Fargo. Now they get NDSU at home. Granted getting some key players back and another year for younger players to improve will make for a formidable Bison team, I think enough of the field has closed the gap on them that a semi-final on the road against the wrong team will be their downfall. Odds are one of those teams will be EWU, SDSU, or JMU. And even if it's not in the semi-final, best case for NDSU is it will be JMU in the final. That's right childrens, JMU will repeat this year. xnodxThe Fargo Dome is brick and mortar, the tin shed is 70 miles north.

caribbeanhen
August 5th, 2017, 08:47 AM
The Fargo Dome is brick and mortar, the tin shed is 70 miles north.

I didn't know there was a Canadian team in the MVFC... No way you can go north of Fargo and still be in America right

TheKingpin28
August 5th, 2017, 09:18 AM
There is no reversing it, it is on.

It worked like magic last year, so I won't stop it.

I will.

If I bet you though, what happens then? A tie?

You're a horrible person. xlolx

If you bet me, I ended up losing, and the Bison won in OT, so I can always get behind that.

Lehigh'98
August 5th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Lehigh

I like it!

POD Knows
August 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I didn't know there was a Canadian team in the MVFC... No way you can go north of Fargo and still be in America rightThere are more Canadian license plates in Grand Forks on a weekend than North Dakota plates. As a matter of fact, there are Canadian flags flying about 100 yards from the entrance of the tin shed, which is where the UND Fighting Hawks play football. the building to the left of all of the flags and the majestic maple leaf is the home of Fighting Hawks football. It has a nice Canadian feel to it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25734&stc=1

Grizalltheway
August 5th, 2017, 10:50 AM

I know NDSU did it with a first year coach recently, but the odds are stacked against you.

wmmii
August 5th, 2017, 11:04 AM
SDSU

GodHelpTheBears
August 5th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I didn't know there was a Canadian team in the MVFC... No way you can go north of Fargo and still be in America right

I say this about Lake of the Ozarks, apparently you can.

mmiller_34
August 5th, 2017, 01:23 PM
http://sharing.ktts.com/sharescnn/photo/2016/03/11/Missouri+State+Bears+Logo_33659554_ver1.0_640_480. png

cx500d
August 5th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I didn't know South Dakota had legalized dope....

http://sharing.ktts.com/sharescnn/photo/2016/03/11/Missouri+State+Bears+Logo_33659554_ver1.0_640_480. png

GodHelpTheBears
August 5th, 2017, 01:55 PM

I doubt I'd be alive to see it - surely I would die of alcohol poisoning at some point during the run.

mmiller_34
August 5th, 2017, 02:42 PM

#Bookit

dudeitsaid
August 5th, 2017, 05:36 PM
I know NDSU did it with a first year coach recently, but the odds are stacked against you.I agree. If Baldwin was still here, I'd be confident we'd be there. This team is far more talented then the All American lists give it credit for. Question is whether Best can put it all together.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

TribePride52
August 5th, 2017, 07:35 PM
JMU or NDSU, of course. But a dark horse that I'll keep my eye on is Villanova. They have an extremely talented roster imo.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 11:40 PM
JMU or NDSU, of course. But a dark horse that I'll keep my eye on is Villanova. They have an extremely talented roster imo.Agreed

GreenGlasses
August 6th, 2017, 12:07 AM
If JMU can find a RB to replace Abdullah then I think they repeat, if not I think it will be NDSU trying to start another run. My darkhorse is last years runner up in Youngstown State.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 6th, 2017, 06:14 AM
If JMU can find a RB to replace Abdullah then I think they repeat, if not I think it will be NDSU trying to start another run.

They got the transfer RB from Georgia Tech.

I'll go with JMU. Just too much speed for NDSU and everyone else and a better quarterback than NDSU.

Wofford is my darkhorse.

TheKingpin28
August 6th, 2017, 09:16 AM

I'll go with JMU. Just too much speed for NDSU and everyone else and a better quarterback than NDSU.

Wofford is my darkhorse.

NDSU and speed stories are great times. Please do tell.

JSUSoutherner
August 6th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I mean, they beat you guys, didn't they?

POD Knows
August 6th, 2017, 09:28 AM
I mean, they beat you guys, didn't they?They did but that speed argument gets old because we hear it every time we play somebody from outside our conference, hell, we heard it when we played you guys and you guys looked like you were running in cement the entire game.

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 09:31 AM

They keep trying to act like that didn't happen. That it was all a fluke.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM

They ran over around and through the Bison on their home field. Anywhere but Fargo and the margin in that game was 5 TD's or more and I think any impartial observer could see that. I was rooting for the Bison.

NDSU and everyone else has loads of ground to catch up on JMU right now.

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Championship 1: you have to typically beat the best to be the best.
Championship 2: you now have to "prove it wasn't a fluke".

caribbeanhen
August 6th, 2017, 09:54 AM
They ran over around and through the Bison on their home field. Anywhere but Fargo and the margin in that game was 5 TD's or more and I think any impartial observer could see that. I was rooting for the Bison.

the only thing I disagree with you here is "I was rooting for the Bison" the only time I have rooted for them is when there playing an FBS team but I might not be able to do that anymore as they have become kind of an FCS anomaly FBS program themselves so no big deal anymore

JMU dominated that game

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 09:58 AM
JMU dominated unh and shsu in the playoffs. We were more dominant against ysu.
We did not dominate against ndsu. Dominating implies you blew them out and that obviously wasn't the case. We could've scored 1-2 more times without the Fargo dome and ref help on one called back TD, but dominate? No.

ASU33
August 6th, 2017, 09:59 AM
SDSU

caribbeanhen
August 6th, 2017, 10:05 AM
We did not dominate against ndsu. Dominating implies you blew them out and that obviously wasn't the case. We could've scored 1-2 more times without the Fargo dome and ref help on one called back TD, but dominate? No.

I say dominate because of the Ref factor and the dome factor.... seems alot of fans outside of North Dakota have noticed the Bison have gotten a lot of help from the Refs over the years, not that they needed it but the got it anyway.....

GreenGlasses
August 6th, 2017, 10:16 AM

And everyone knows about transfers. There is usually a 50/50 chance that they contribute and even a less chance they are ultra productive.

JMU won the game over NDSU without winning the time of possession battle by almost 3 mins. That tells me JMU had more speed on the field. It may have not been by a wide margin, but still. I think JMU and NDSU was probably the best match up talent for talent wise in the playoffs.

youcanbankit
August 6th, 2017, 10:43 AM

Wofford is my darkhorse.

You could be right. If Bryan Schor has a great year and they can continue to run the ball effectively. They also had 11 FBS transfers come in this year after losing 15+ key seniors from last years team. Sometimes bringing that many transfers from the outside blows up the program and causes dissension. Wofford is possible but they lost 20+ seniors and leaders from last years team. HC Ayers usually has a down year after having a year like he had last year. I Like Richmond, Eastern Washington, Jacksonville State, Samford, and Sam Houston State if their defenses can improve from a year ago.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 6th, 2017, 11:15 AM
And everyone knows about transfers. There is usually a 50/50 chance that they contribute and even a less chance they are ultra productive.

I hear you. This kid was pretty productive at GT and the kid JMU has back, Johnson, is no slouch either.

To me, biggest question for JMU is how well they replace Gage Steel at linebacker. He was the glue of their defense.

dewey
August 6th, 2017, 11:19 AM
I hear you. This kid was pretty productive at GT and the kid JMU has back, Johnson, is no slouch either.

To me, biggest question for JMU is how well they replace Gage Steel at linebacker. He was the glue of their defense.

Steel was unbelievable! Seemed like the guy was involved in every play.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 6th, 2017, 11:27 AM

A healthy Bison squad for that game would have been nice.

If this year's Bison team stays healthy, they win the NC.

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 11:33 AM

If this year's Bison team stays healthy, they win the NC.

We had injured and suspended players in our game too. It's the fourteenth game for each team. There's going to be injuries by that point in the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 6th, 2017, 12:01 PM
We had injured and suspended players in our game too. It's the fourteenth game for each team. There's going to be injuries by that point in the season.

True and not making an excuse. JMU deserved to win that game. But having our draft pick MLB and potential AA NT would have helped stop the run game of JMU. Both of these guys are back this year. Hope they stay healthy.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2017, 12:05 PM
They keep trying to act like that didn't happen. That it was all a fluke.It was a fluke.

You played against a defense that was missing 3 of its best players due to injury. One is a legit NFL LB.

You won but don't act like you beat them at full strength. The fact that you barely clipped them tells football students of the game all they need to know.

Redbird 4th & short
August 6th, 2017, 12:07 PM
True and not making an excuse. JMU deserved to win that game. But having our draft pick MLB and potential AA NT would have helped stop the run game of JMU. Both of these guys are back this year. Hope they stay healthy.
Bison Fan NWMN .. assume I just gave you a truth serum .. why did they really move Deluca from MLB to WLB ?? Protect his shoulder ? Better position for Deluca in NFL ? Like your backup MLB better than your backup WLB ??

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM

That likely would be true. Our AA RT was out injured too. His backup was the RT who personally had five false starts.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 6th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Bison Fan NWMN .. assume I just gave you a truth serum .. why did they really move Deluca from MLB to WLB ?? Protect his shoulder ? Better position for Deluca in NFL ? Like your backup MLB better than your backup WLB ??

I guess DeLuca is going to play some Will LB this year. The reason is that Plank did a really good job at MLB, especially against the run. DeLuca is fast and can cover in the flat and seams.

You're right about his position in the NFL. OLB will probably be his position.....although he is big enough for MLB.

POD Knows
August 6th, 2017, 12:24 PM

If this year's Bison team stays healthy, they win the NC.We better get better play from the wide outs and the QB. JMU took our WR's out of the game by playing up and playing physical. We got something like 7 or 8 receptions by our wide outs but I agree that the injury losses on D were big but if we play teams with physical corners, we could have problems again.

GreenGlasses
August 6th, 2017, 12:25 PM
It was a fluke.

You played against a defense that was missing 3 of its best players due to injury. One is a legit NFL LB.

You won but don't act like you beat them at full strength. The fact that you barely clipped them tells football students of the game all they need to know.

And JMU suspended 7 players prior to the NDSU game, which included their leading tackler. plus the injuries they had. And well they still won the game. Those 7 were also suspended for the National Title game, again which JMU won. So NDSU nor YSU got a full strength JMU, so tell me again how great NDSU is, coming from a Montana fan. Has Montana slipped so much the Griz fans have to start rooting for others. I mean you haven't made a title game since 2009 and well you are 4-4 in the playoffs since 2010 with 4 playoffs made.

TheKingpin28
August 6th, 2017, 02:01 PM

So one time out of how many? Case and point

They did but that speed argument gets old because we hear it every time we play somebody from outside our conference, hell, we heard it when we played you guys and you guys looked like you were running in cement the entire game.

This

Doesn't help half the defense was either out for season or gassed due to injuries but again, 1 time.

You have no idea what you are talking about and congratulations on getting 1 this decade.

TheRevSFA
August 6th, 2017, 02:03 PM
SFA.

But really NDSU or SDSU

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Greg Menard the Senior DE for NDSU just blew his ACL....................That changes everything.

No I am going with Villanova

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Greg Menard the Senior DE for NDSU just blew his ACL....................That changes everything.

JMU lost its likely starting RT to the same injury in preseason workouts. Chavious was the starter in the final 4.5 games of 2016. He was the player with the five false starts vs ndsu.

Don't let a single injured player derail a team unless it's a starting QB or RB with significantly more production than the rest of team.

TheKingpin28
August 6th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Don't let a single injured player derail a team unless it's a starting QB or RB with significantly more production than the rest of team.

Menard singlehandedly prevented the pass and forced people up the gut. If this is true about his ACL, this is actually a huge blow to the Bison D scheme.

RootinFerDukes
August 6th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Menard singlehandedly prevented the pass and forced people up the gut. If this is true about his ACL, this is actually a huge blow to the Bison D scheme.

1) ndsu has excellent coaching. They will have the 2nd string player ready to go by week 1.
2) the depth of ndsu is impressive and I don't doubt that if they fielded the entire 2nd string team on both sides of the ball, they'd still win 90% of their games.

TheKingpin28
August 6th, 2017, 05:21 PM
1) ndsu has excellent coaching. They will have the 2nd string player ready to go by week 1.
2) the depth of ndsu is impressive and I don't doubt that if they fielded the entire 2nd string team on both sides of the ball, they'd still win 90% of their games.

Depth is not what I am worried about. The main problem is, this close to the season, it sucks and one does not simply replace a top 10 D-end in the FCS overnight. The good news is that, again, if this is true, that they will have MVSU to open up, so maybe Klieman will finally let the boys run the score up and let the defense run wild to try and make up for "lost time".

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2017, 05:33 PM
2) the depth of ndsu is impressive and I don't doubt that if they fielded the entire 2nd string team on both sides of the ball, they'd still win 90% of their games.True but they won't have a dominant defense like they could have. They will still be solid but getting rid of a player like Menard.....you don't replace that.

GodHelpTheBears
August 6th, 2017, 05:44 PM

Menard was the single Bison player I was most worried about. I knew our offensive line couldn't deal with him.

We're still gonna lose but we should keep things somewhat respectable now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 6th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Depth is not what I am worried about. The main problem is, this close to the season, it sucks and one does not simply replace a top 10 D-end in the FCS overnight. The good news is that, again, if this is true, that they will have MVSU to open up, so maybe Klieman will finally let the boys run the score up and let the defense run wild to try and make up for "lost time".

If it is true, Menard will be missed but the DL is going to go 9 deep I guess. His speed will be missed. He didn't take a redshirt so I am guessing he will now.

TheKingpin28
August 6th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Menard was the single Bison player I was most worried about. I knew our offensive line couldn't deal with him.

We're still gonna lose but we should keep things somewhat respectable now.

He is a beast on the field and allowed other guys to make plays since doubling him and Tanguay made for one hell of a mess for offenses.

If it is true, Menard will be missed but the DL is going to go 9 deep I guess. His speed will be missed. He didn't take a redshirt so I am guessing he will now.

That will be good, but it sucks that the season has not even started and one of the playmakers is already done for the season.

GreenGlasses
August 6th, 2017, 09:22 PM

He can apply for a Medical Redshirt.

caribbeanhen
August 6th, 2017, 09:54 PM
all we heard about the Bison last year was the Line was 15 deep, the backers were 12 deep, and this 2016 Bison team was going to be better than the previous 5 championship teams blah blah blah, more depth than the Puerto Rico trench ... than they get soundly beat at home by the better team and all of the sudden we hear about all the injuries .... look for the Bison to sail through the MFVC and get handled in the playoffs again..

cx500d
August 6th, 2017, 10:00 PM
all we heard about the Bison last year was the Line was 15 deep, the backers were 12 deep, and this 2016 Bison team was going to be better than the previous 5 championship teams blah blah blah, more depth than the Puerto Rico trench ... than they get soundly beat at home by the better team and all of the sudden we hear about all the injuries .... look for the Bison to sail through the MFVC and get handled in the playoffs again..

Sounds about right.

Bisonwinagn
August 6th, 2017, 10:47 PM

Dude you're the biggest troll on this board and it's laughable. Nice try though.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 7th, 2017, 12:41 AM
No kidding, JMU barely won that game and it was against a depleted Bison defense.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2017, 01:21 AM
No kidding, JMU barely won that game and it was against a depleted Bison defense.

NDSU averaged 5.7 Yards per pass attempt and 3.4 yards per carry.

JMU averaged 13.4 yards per pass attempt and 5 yards per carry. NDSU was lucky to be in the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Dude you're the biggest troll on this board and it's laughable. Nice try though.

That's all he is.

caribbeanhen
August 7th, 2017, 06:41 AM

a few Bison fans don't deal with the truth very well and you are one of em, why is so hard to admit you got soundly beaten?

caribbeanhen
August 7th, 2017, 06:43 AM

you ready for Schor again? We told you all week this kid was a winner and all you did was trash him.... haha

Bisonator
August 7th, 2017, 07:54 AM

This. It sucks losing a stud like Menard but other guys step up. We were going to be rotating more along the line this year anyway.

He can apply for a Medical Redshirt.

He doesn't have to since he never redshirted.

Gil Dobie
August 7th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Pulling for the Bison of course, but with Menard out I'm seeing

33% NDSU
33% JMU
33% SDSU
1% SHSU

kalm
August 7th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I agree. If Baldwin was still here, I'd be confident we'd be there. This team is far more talented then the All American lists give it credit for. Question is whether Best can put it all together.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Yep.

Leadership (I think Best is a quality leader but he's the only offensive coach remaining) and the play calling of Bodie Reeder are the biggest question marks. Beau was a mad scientist and one of the best play callers in football. Best wants more balance and and less runs for Gubrud. This potentially helps an athletic and improving defense and mitigates a drop in production from the receiver position. It sounds like the offense will be very different, if not schematically at least stylistically.

If you head into a season with a Payton finalist at QB, a veteran and deep o-line, and an improving defense, there's reason for hope.

If we manage 3-1 in September ( a very tall order) I think we make a deep run.

ST_Lawson
August 7th, 2017, 08:29 AM
He doesn't have to since he never redshirted.

Oh, right. That's good then.

They can just redshirt him this season and not worry about it. Medical redshirts are for a 6th year, if the player has already been redshirted, and then later gets injured before the season starts or very early in the season (first 3 games, if I remember correctly). If approved, it essentially extends the usual "5-year window" to 6 years for the player to get in their 4 seasons of being an "active" player on the team (for those of you who aren't familiar).

Evolution Prime
August 7th, 2017, 08:33 AM

This is somehow Rozeboom's fault.

DirtyDukes
August 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM
If JMU can find a RB to replace Abdullah then I think they repeat, if not I think it will be NDSU trying to start another run. My darkhorse is last years runner up in Youngstown State.

Wofford is my darkhorse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQDhQQFK_BA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQDhQQFK_BA)

This is in the triple option against FBS competition. I think we will be fine.

Getting better, at least this is partially disguised as a real opinion

Bisonator
August 7th, 2017, 08:59 AM
This is somehow Rozenboom's fault.

xnodx

Sammy94
August 7th, 2017, 09:45 AM
homer pick

SHSU

Professor Chaos
August 7th, 2017, 09:47 AM
This is somehow Rozenboom's fault.
Is that the bastard love child between the sophomore SDSU linebacker Christian Rozeboom and the late legal pundit of Minneapolis radio KFAN 100.3 fame Ron Rosenbaum?

sdsuceegrad
August 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Obviously I am a little bias, but I think anything less than a NC appearance for SDSU will be a failure of a season...I could also be hyping them up too much. But in all reality, the entire offense is essentially back and better. If SDSU's defense improves from last season (there's no way it could get any worse) and they avoid any major injuries, then they should at least get to Frisco. I think a SDSU vs JMU final would be one exciting shoot-out to watch, but I also wouldn't mind seeing SDSU vs NDSU in Frisco to play for it all.

My top 3 schools to win it:
1. SDSU
2. NDSU
3. JMU

BEAR
August 7th, 2017, 09:57 AM
After watching the first Fall scrimmage, I rescind my pick of UCA. xbawlingx

KPSUL
August 7th, 2017, 10:16 AM

33% NDSU
33% JMU
33% SDSU
1% SHSU

35% JMU
25% NDSU
10% SDSU
30% The Field

RabidRabbit
August 7th, 2017, 10:17 AM

33% NDSU
33% JMU
33% SDSU
1% SHSU

This is the best assessment out there.

NDSU is always incredibly tough d, but dependent on their O to string together long drives to wear out other team's D. Losing one of 5 AA or All MVFC D players hurts, but shown great resiliency over last 6 years.

JMU brings back a very complete team, and replaces stars with some former FBS successful players. Until they demonstrate not complete, they're my #1. But a loss vs ECU, when expected to win could be that signal.

SDSU comes in with AA or all-MVFC at 7 of 11 O positions. Only replace 1 Lineman. 2 D AA, plus all MVFC. Questions is will the D do better than last season, especially vs top programs? Based on camp info, looks promising. Both SDSU and NDSU should come into Brookings 11/4 at 8-0.

SHSU only has one challenging game before UCA, Richmond in opener. That soft schedule has burned them most years. Will it this year?

EWU breaking in new coach, and replaces most of talented receiving corps. Looking forward to NDSU visit to red rug field.

RootinFerDukes
August 7th, 2017, 10:54 AM

33% NDSU
33% JMU
33% SDSU
1% SHSU

Now this is actually realistic IMO. A roughly equal chance between the three at the moment.

I am thinking SDSU is less likely because 1) I need to see more from them this season and 2) at the end of the day, they need to beat enough MVFC teams and ultimately beat the Bison... in the postseason. I'm in the "i'll believe it when I see it" camp on SDSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 7th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Now you know how many people feel about JMU and the fluke last season

RootinFerDukes
August 7th, 2017, 10:58 AM
After watching the first Fall scrimmage, I rescind my pick of UCA. xbawlingx

Que pasa?

DirtyDukes
August 7th, 2017, 10:59 AM

You and the voices in your head are "many people"?

Evolution Prime
August 7th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Is that the bastard love child between the sophomore SDSU linebacker Christian Rozeboom and the late legal pundit of Minneapolis radio KFAN 100.3 fame Ron Rosenbaum?

Sounds about right.

Stupid fat fingers...

BEAR
August 7th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Que pasa?

No hablo pollo. xlolx

The team just looked out of sync. We have more threats for offense and the defense is better, but for some reason between the practices and the scrimmage they took a step or two backwards. Hope it shakes out BEFORE the season begins! xbawlingx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 7th, 2017, 11:10 AM
You and the voices in your head are "many people"?
3 of them

DirtyDukes
August 7th, 2017, 11:23 AM
3 of them
xlolx

Thumper 76
August 7th, 2017, 01:55 PM
This is somehow Rozeboom's fault.
Winner. That evil bastard and his devious Jackrabbit Crew strike again!

xlolx I've made that mistake before. I always think of this guy when I do
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/72f805548a46ad860f78251760681766.jpg

Now this is actually realistic IMO. A roughly equal chance between the three at the moment.

I am thinking SDSU is less likely because 1) I need to see more from them this season and 2) at the end of the day, they need to beat enough MVFC teams and ultimately beat the Bison... in the postseason. I'm in the "i'll believe it when I see it" camp on SDSU.
Fair enough. Though I think the beat enough MVFC teams thing isn't an issue. And beating NDSU in the playoffs could be a very different thing if SDSU manages to get them in Brookings for once.

There's two teams that this will really hurt against for them. ****ty loss for NDSU. Now after Nov 4 I'm going to have to hear the remix of "if we had DeLuca".

RootinFerDukes
August 7th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Fair enough. Though I think the beat enough MVFC teams thing isn't an issue. And beating NDSU in the playoffs could be a very different thing if SDSU manages to get them in Brookings for once.
To get the Bison in Brookings, you'll have to win 7 of 8 in the MVFC and one of those wins needs to be the Bison too.

Thumper 76
August 7th, 2017, 02:23 PM
To get the Bison in Brookings, you'll have to win 7 of 8 in the MVFC and one of those wins needs to be the Bison too.

Extremely aware of what has to happen xlolx

I think this year it's very possible.

TheKingpin28
August 7th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Winner. That evil bastard and his devious Jackrabbit Crew strike again!

xlolx I've made that mistake before. I always think of this guy when I do
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/72f805548a46ad860f78251760681766.jpg

There's two teams that this will really hurt against for them. ****ty loss for NDSU. Now after Nov 4 I'm going to have to hear the remix of "if we had DeLuca".

Only you would say something like that. xnodx

Oh and I tried to hit you on Xbox Live but you were not home so I was disappointed.

Thumper 76
August 7th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Only you would say something like that. xnodx

Oh and I tried to hit you on Xbox Live but you were not home so I was disappointed.

I work nights.

TheKingpin28
August 7th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I work nights.

Did you get a different job? I ask since, I need someone to be on and clenzy is never on and I am on about 1x a week right meow.

citdog
August 7th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I work nights.

https://media.tenor.com/images/a8640e328c616785cb79de2e28ce2b8a/tenor.gif

RootinFerDukes
August 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/a8640e328c616785cb79de2e28ce2b8a/tenor.gif

He's gotta work for that money. Don't judge him.

TheKingpin28
August 7th, 2017, 07:01 PM

He has a great work ethic and I am proud to call him my token SDSU friend, (outside of the Wieneke's due to personal connections with the family for about the last 10-13 years).

Pard4Life
August 7th, 2017, 09:19 PM
LEHIGH

cx500d
August 7th, 2017, 09:44 PM
LEHIGH

Yes you are.....

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Did you get a different job? I ask since, I need someone to be on and clenzy is never on and I am on about 1x a week right meow.

Yes I did.

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2017, 12:45 AM

You have idea how much $ I make at the nursing home on Tuesdays. Plus, I'm off by ten.

RootinFerDukes
August 8th, 2017, 05:50 AM
You have idea how much $ I make at the nursing home on Tuesdays. Plus, I'm off by ten.

Those ole ladies and gents need that money to pay for bingo and trips to shoney's. you better not be taking advantage of granny.

cx500d
August 8th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Those ole ladies and gents need that money to pay for bingo and trips to shoney's. you better not be taking advantage of granny.

There's no shoneys north of the Mason Dixon line.

DirtyDukes
August 8th, 2017, 10:09 AM
There's no shoneys north of the Mason Dixon line.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25757&stc=1

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2017, 12:21 PM

Guess what I don't live even remotely close to? And I go after bingo is over so I'm not taking their bingo allowance. I'm classy like that.

citdog
August 8th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Guess what I don't live even remotely close to? And I go after bingo is over so I'm not taking their bingo allowance. I'm classy like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnZCAxNIEc

cx500d
August 8th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Ok, just barely.

JayMYou
August 8th, 2017, 07:27 PM

You got a little something on your chin there buddy. Maybe you should change your handle from Alphajiz to Bisonjiz.

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2018, 07:41 AM

Bam! So how'd the rest of you do????

Sammy94
January 10th, 2018, 07:59 AM
same ole same ole

Sounds like the BOTPW.

POD Knows
January 10th, 2018, 08:04 AM
I picked SDSU with the #bookit. No thank you's from JMU fans are required, just trying to do my part.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 10th, 2018, 01:23 PM

Are they

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 10th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Congrats you did beat them last year when they had 3 defensive players out.

This year they only had 2.........

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 10th, 2018, 01:34 PM
you ready for Schor again? We told you all week this kid was a winner and all you did was trash him.... haha

He looked really good in Frisco this year what was his completion %?

14-32 ZERO TDs and 2 INTs...............if thats a winner I dont want one. Save your BS "but the WRs dropped a lot of balls" comment we all know why they dropped them, bad passes and the Bison D making Schor he wasnt comfortable in the pocket. Schor nuf the better team won in Frisco.

Lorne_Malvo
January 10th, 2018, 01:40 PM

14-32 ZERO TDs and 2 INTs...............if thats a winner I dont want one. Save your BS "but the WRs dropped a lot of balls" comment we all know why they dropped them, bad passes and the Bison D making Schor he wasnt comfortable in the pocket. Schor nuf the better team won in Frisco.

You obviously ate your Wheaties this morning, you are on a roll today.

cx500d
January 10th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Congrats you did beat them last year when they had 3 defensive players out.

This year they only had 2.........

Still 3. Menard was out too

mcveyrl
January 10th, 2018, 04:17 PM

Are they

Yea, they are.

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 04:38 PM

Yep, the better team won Saturday; can't change history, just need to play better next time.

Good to see you're the reigning champ in the 'smack' category and I hope you win the title again...

It'll be nice to have something to tout other than a program that's got a big stadium.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 10th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Yep, the better team won Saturday; can't change history, just need to play better next time.

Good to see you're the reigning champ in the 'smack' category and I hope you win the title again...

It'll be nice to have something to tout other than a program that's got a big stadium.

Our program has much more to offer than a big stadium we are the self promoted and self made rape capital of the world. xcoffeex
#SuckItYSU
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51uAquJaFEL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

We also have highway 93, flyfishing and the Mo Club

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2018, 05:51 PM

The other reason is JMU demonstrated how to beat NDSU- a strong balanced offense and a swarming physical defense. No team at our level can beat the Bison at their own game but their biggest hole this year is OL and their bread and butter grinding game plan will be less effective. And since the Bison aren't built for (nor have they really ever had a need for) playing from behind, they'll be hard-pressed keeping pace against certain teams. Sam Houston isn't there yet but obviously EWU and SDSU showed last year they are on to it by how well they played at Fargo. Now they get NDSU at home. Granted getting some key players back and another year for younger players to improve will make for a formidable Bison team, I think enough of the field has closed the gap on them that a semi-final on the road against the wrong team will be their downfall. Odds are one of those teams will be EWU, SDSU, or JMU. And even if it's not in the semi-final, best case for NDSU is it will be JMU in the final. That's right childrens, JMU will repeat this year. xnodx

Statistically this was NDSU's best National Championship team with regards to rushing. Heh.

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Also, no more Star Wars references.

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Our program has much more to offer than a big stadium we are the self promoted and self made rape capital of the world. xcoffeex
#SuckItYSU
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51uAquJaFEL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

We also have highway 93, flyfishing and the Mo Club

xthumbsupx I don't know very much about MT, but I did take Amtrak across it this past summer (not quite a Holiday Inn Express, but the budget didn't allow for many hotel stays).

I hear ya! If I fished I'm sure I'd love it there. One of the best people I worked with/for in 25 years in the Army is a Montana grad. A true mentor and friend so it can't be too bad a place.

POD Knows
January 10th, 2018, 08:37 PM
xthumbsupx I don't know very much about MT, but I did take Amtrak across it this past summer (not quite a Holiday Inn Express, but the budget didn't allow for many hotel stays).

I hear ya! If I fished I'm sure I'd love it there. One of the best people I worked with/for in 25 years in the Army is a Montana grad. A true mentor and friend so it can't be too bad a place.AG1 is from Butte, MT, that place will change your attitude about Montana.

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2018, 08:40 PM
AG1 is from Butte, MT, that place will change your attitude about Montana.

Home of our new AGS frathouse.

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 08:42 PM
AG1 is from Butte, MT, that place will change your attitude about Montana.

I keep threatening to win the lottery and move to MT; I know none of my family will follow -- they don't like any cold weather...xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Home of our new AGS frathouse.

That pic you posted of that place looked pretty cool!

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Home of our new AGS frathouse.Kickstarter or bust.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk