9/29 PENN
10/06 @ Yale
10/13 @ Holy Cross
10/20 COLUMBIA (Homecoming)
10/27 @ Harvard
11/03 CORNELL
11/10 @ Brown
11/17 PRINCETON

http://dartmouthsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48874&SPID=4719&DB_OEM_ID=11600&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

YaleFootballFan
January 31st, 2007, 10:50 PM
Aren't Dartmouth fans tired of playing the same non-conference teams year after year?

TheValleyRaider
January 31st, 2007, 11:32 PM
This is the exact same schedule they play every year. No, really. Switch home/away in the offseason and the game order is exactly the same. Somewhat disturbing, actually.

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM
This is the exact same schedule they play every year. No, really. Switch home/away in the offseason and the game order is exactly the same. Somewhat disturbing, actually.

I remember looking at Dartmouth when choosing colleges a few years ago. I recall looking at their future scheudles page and their football schedule was the SAME exact one every year until 2017 or 2019 or whatever... it's pathetic, but I doubt they will ever win an Ivy title up there...

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:16 AM
Aren't Dartmouth fans tired of playing the same non-conference teams year after year?

The only 'Big Green' up there is the nice scenery and the moldy cancer on Big D football...

89Hen
February 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Did you see the FAMU upcoming? They do that for the next four years. : smh :

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Did you see the FAMU upcoming? They do that for the next four years. : smh :

Well in Dartmouth's case, try the next 20! : smh :

EastCoast
February 2nd, 2007, 12:30 AM
Yes, Dartmouth is tired of playing the same non-conference teams. Some have proposed that they dump UNH and play a game in the midwest, west or California next fall. One possibility is Montana.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
When you say "moldy", are you talking about the Ivy presidents?

All the Ivy needs to do is join the rest of the FCS world in adopting an 11 game schedule and that will open up their schedules immensely. This is another bit of hypocrisy that ought to be buried along with the ban on the postseason.

The 10 game schedule is a real bear for Ivy teams in terms of scheduling. Seven league games and generally two Patriot teams, which leaves only one game to really play with. When you add to that a local "rival" that's not a PL team (Brown/URI, Dartmouth/UNH, Villanova/Penn) there's really no space to maneuver.

If the PL and the rest of the FCS world can start on Labor Day weekend without any bad effect on academics, why can't the Ivies? The 10-game schedule and the restrictions on coaches, IMO, annoy me even more than the postseason ban. Dartmouth's schedule is just Exhibit A. :twocents:

bulldog10jw
February 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
If the PL and the rest of the FCS world can start on Labor Day weekend without any bad effect on academics, why can't the Ivies? :twocents:

Good question. I have yet to hear a good answer from the Ivy Presidents.

Ivytalk
February 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Good question. I have yet to hear a good answer from the Ivy Presidents.

No dice. At Harvard, student apathy doesn't officially begin until the second week in September!:p

BigApp
February 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
ZING!!!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, Dartmouth is tired of playing the same non-conference teams. Some have proposed that they dump UNH and play a game in the midwest, west or California next fall. One possibility is Montana.

Ironic how Dartmouth drops UNH like a hot potato whenever the Wildcats start spanking the Big Green! Heaven forbid they keep an in-state rivalry alive and use the game as a challenge to improve!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know it hasn't happened yet, but I've heard the same rumors that Dartmouth will end the series once the current contract expires.