PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Top Seniors

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 10:35 PM
This is a list of the top prospects and college production players for 2008. All of these guys have a shot at getting drafted or will probably be on the early All-American list.

77 OG Rocky Hanni Eastern Washington
21 FS Tony Lezotte James Madison
15 QB/Ath Trey Elder Appalachian State
47 FS Corey Lynch Appalachian State
44 OLB Epikopo King Montana State
2 QB Ricky Santos New Hampshire
44 WR/FB/RB/KR/PR Craig Turner Southern Illinois
10 CB/S Marion Rumph Western Kentucky
98 DT Kendal Langford Hampton
26 CB Marrio Norman Coastal Carolina
2 QB Liam O'Hagan Harvard
71 OT Cody Balogh Montana
56 OT Sean Dumford Eastern Kentucky
52 OLB Colin Disch Albany
19 WR Jerome Simpson Coastal Carolina
90 DT Tim Kelly Eastern Illinois
95 DE Jason Banks Grambling State
81 WR Braden Godfrey Southern Utah
28 RB Omar Cuff Delaware

skinny_uncle
July 15th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Turner is very versatile. Does he drive the team bus too?

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Turner is very versatile. Does he drive the team bus too?

:D

JMU2004
July 15th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Lezotte is a stud....if he can play at 195, and stay healthy, he will be drafted

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Lezotte is a stud....if he can play at 195, and stay healthy, we will be drafted

I agree. I project him as a 3rd rounder.

youwouldno
July 16th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Cedrick Gipson is a fine running back and should be on the list. Part of a rotation at that position last year but he has good speed, agility, and strength. If he continues to improve he has pro potential. Andrew Thacker is similar to Lezotte but flew under the radar a bit because of Cam Newton.

Thumper250
July 16th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Don't forget Gardner-Webb's Brian Johnston Swami. 6-5, 270-pound defensive end with 4.65 to 4.7 speed. He's #96 on their roster. True sophomore.

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Don't forget Gardner-Webb's Brian Johnston Swami. 6-5, 270-pound defensive end with 4.65 to 4.7 speed. He's #96 on their roster. True sophomore.

I got him on my list. These players are just the very top guys at this point. Johnston is on my all-conference list and just needs a good season to be on this list. These names won't come off unless they quit. Johnston hasn't done it yet but we know he will!!

golionsgo
July 16th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I got him on my list. These players are just the very top guys at this point. Johnston is on my all-conference list and just needs a good season to be on this list. These names won't come off unless they quit. Johnston hasn't done it yet but we know he will!!

Also, don't forget about Jerald Watson at Southeastern Louisiana, also just a true sophomore. He was one of the fastest high school players in the nation coming out of high school and played behind Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown last year at Auburn as a true freshman. He's now in the 215 to 220 lbs range and is becoming a much more physical runner.

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Also, don't forget about Jerald Watson at Southeastern Louisiana, also just a true sophomore. He was one of the fastest high school players in the nation coming out of high school and played behind Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown last year at Auburn as a true freshman. He's now in the 215 to 220 lbs range and is becoming a much more physical runner.

I have him on my list. Remember this is the top players and he is not there yet but he is on the Swami's radar. No player is going unnoticed! I am looking at everyone at least 2 or 3 times before I say they are not a prospect.

eaglefan452
July 17th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Damn, Swami! You must be way ahead on your work for the upcoming season, I never expected seeing a list of players that might be drafted from I-AA in 2008. Hell, half of those guys might not even be near getting drafted 3 years from now, but it seems that you have done you homework for the time being.

Please, can we give this guy something to look up for this season to keep him busy for the next couple of weeks? It is obvious that we haven't used his skills to their fullest potential. ;)

Brent
July 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Tx State has 3....

Chase Wasson / QB

Nate Langford / DE, LB

Nick Clark / DE

kats89
July 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I would have to see how the soph. fair this year. One kid to keep an eye on in the near future is QB Wade Pate (6-3,215). He is the brother of former standout QB Wes Pate from Stephen F Austin. Very strong armed QB.

LBPop
July 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Just when will we be examining sonogram photos to identify potential pro prospects? "Boy that kid really showed some fast twitch response when he kicked his Mom while in the womb"

:rolleyes:

Josh
July 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Just when will we be examining sonogram photos to identify potential pro prospects? "Boy that kid really showed some fast twitch response when he kicked his Mom while in the womb"

I might be able to get my hands on those... :D

kats89
July 18th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Tx State has 3....

Chase Wasson / QB

Nate Langford / DE, LB

Nick Clark / DE

Brent,

What is everyones opinion on Wasson? From what I remember at the game last year he is not a very big kid? Does your coaching staff think this kid can lead ya'll to success?

ccujacket
July 18th, 2005, 07:14 PM

This is nothing, one of the basketball recruiting services ranks 5th Graders. I think it's that hoopscoop.

Josh
July 18th, 2005, 07:31 PM
This is nothing, one of the basketball recruiting services ranks 5th Graders. I think it's that hoopscoop.

I hope your not serious?

You can't really give an accurate rating until they are juniors as there are so many leagues out there that do not even nominate players I am sure at that age.

golionsgo
July 18th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Brent,

What is everyones opinion on Wasson? From what I remember at the game last year he is not a very big kid? Does your coaching staff think this kid can lead ya'll to success?

Wasson played against us last year and I was impressed with him. i thought he was gritty, hard-nosed option QB who has potential to be a really good player in that system. No offense to him, but in terms of pro potential, he needs to make sure he gets his degree.

ccujacket
July 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I hope your not serious?

You can't really give an accurate rating until they are juniors as there are so many leagues out there that do not even nominate players I am sure at that age.

The guy says he only rates the ones that play AAU ball but here's a Rick Reilly article about this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/rick_reilly/news/2002/12/09/life_of_reilly/