PDA

View Full Version : Rhody shake ups at QB

Little Stevie
July 28th, 2017, 10:37 AM
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/releases/20170728f4xb5lWh

whoa!

KPSUL
July 28th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I clicked on your link and a message said the article could not be found. If you can locate, I'd like to read it.

Anthony215
July 28th, 2017, 02:54 PM
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/releases/20170728f4xb5l I believe this is what he was trying to post. Interesting that they were able to land a QB from UCF & New Mexico (both schools have been Bowl teams the last few years) in the same offseason to compete for the starting job. Also last year's starting QB has asked for and been granted his release to transfer out.

PAllen
July 28th, 2017, 03:27 PM
So I understand the frustration, but I guess I don't understand the move by the RS Soph QB. Where's he going to go? He couldn't have gone to URI hoping for a shot at the NFL, and he doesn't think he's going to go elsewhere and get one does he? I guess he's just exploring his options at the moment, which makes sense. I just don't get kids who pick lower level FCS schools, then leave for more playing time elsewhere half way through their college career.

Little Stevie
July 28th, 2017, 03:53 PM
PAllen-good question. Vazzano lacked confidence. Has to transfer now to D2 school I believe.
All 3 options risky-1. Sticking with Vazzano 2. His leaving 3. Trying to go with 2 transfers

What it says is apparent-win now!!
They need to.

GodHelpTheBears
July 28th, 2017, 06:18 PM
PAllen-good question. Vazzano lacked confidence. Has to transfer now to D2 school I believe.
All 3 options risky-1. Sticking with Vazzano 2. His leaving 3. Trying to go with 2 transfers

What it says is apparent-win now!!
They need to.

URI is like us - they ain't winning now or any time in the near future, regardless of QB.

Gangtackle11
July 28th, 2017, 07:32 PM
URI is like us - they ain't winning now or any time in the near future, regardless of QB.

Win now in Kingston means 3-8 now a days.

KPSUL
July 28th, 2017, 08:02 PM
It's worth a try, URI and Fleming don't have anything to lose by gambling on two guys with excellent pedigree. They already have a very good RB with lots of experience in Harold Cooper.

jmufan999
July 28th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Vazzano wasn't going to get it done. good call bringing in these guys, really don't have a whole lot to lose.