PDA

View Full Version : Top Seniors for 2006

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Here is a list of this year's juniors who project to be the best NFL prospects based on early reviews. I will have a list of sophomores in a couple days.

33 RB Clifton Dawson Harvard
24 RB Arkee Whitlock Southern Illinois
40 ILB Cameron Siskowic Illinois State
21 CB Tavarous Bain Hampton
52 ILB Justin Durant Hampton
38 RB Lex Hilliard Montana
3 WR David Ball New Hampshire
90 DE Mike Murphy Montana
38 ILB/OLB Zak DeOssie Brown
42 OLB Gian Villante Hofstra
3 CB Dre Dokes Northern Iowa
19 FS Kenny Chicoine Cal Poly
92 DE Ed Queen Northwestern State
56 DE/OLB Roy Ravenell Furman
43 P David Simonhoff Southeast Missouri State
20 CB Ben Brown Eastern Illinois
25 CB Calvin Bannister Hampton
90 DE Jason Hatcher Grambling State
6 KR Arel Gordon Maine
75 OT Jermon Bushrod Towson
82 WR Charlie Spiller Alcorn State
51 DT Tory Collins Northwestern State
20 FS Ryan Force Montana State
47 OLB John Mohring Georgia Southern
67 C Lance Wayne Georgia Southern
47 CB Daren Stone Maine
13 CB Tuff Harris Montana
18 CB Eddie Smith Montana State
8 CB Corey Graham New Hampshire
89 DE Alex Busbee Georgetown
52 DE Marvin Snipes Lafayette
21 DE Dustin Dlouhy Montana
44 DE/OLB Marques Murrell Appalachian State
94 DT Wesley Bray Furman
40 FB Ruben Mayes Grambling State
22 FS Ben Ballard Bethune-Cookman
17 FS Van Cooper Jr. Montana
33 ILB Lance Gray Richmond
19 K Craig Coffin Southern Illinois
68 OG Cody Morris William & Mary
71 OG/OT Brent Pousson McNeese State
65 OT Corey Davis James Madison
77 OT Jacob Bender Nicholls State
71 OT Jake Sanders Northern Arizona
64 OT Michael Babyak Princeton
16 QB Collin Drafts Charleston Southern
7 QB Justin Rascati James Madison
19 QB Ron Whitcomb Maine
14 QB Jason Murrietta Northern Arizona
14 QB Noah Allen Sam Houston State
12 QB Jon Grant UC Davis
25 RB Cory Harge Central Connecticut State
1 RB Aundres Perkins Coastal Carolina
29 RB Vincent Webb Eastern Illinois
22 RB Alonzo Coleman Hampton
21 RB Terry Crenshaw Hofstra
25 RB Antoine Rutherford Howard
1 RB Alvin Banks James Madison
32 RB Maurice Fenner James Madison
24 RB Kyle Steffes North Dakota State
21 RB DeShawn Baker South Carolina State
30 RB Anthony Watson South Dakota State
33 RB Derrick White Tennessee Tech
9 RB Elijah Brooks William & Mary
31 SS Geoff Bean Colgate
19 SS Brandon Keeler Eastern Washington
4 SS Chris McNutt Western Illinois
4 TE Patrick Bugg Eastern Kentucky
85 TE Matt Trinkle William & Mary
5 WR Nate Hughes Alcorn State
80 WR Ryan Voss Eastern Illinois
7 WR Roosevelt Kiser FAMU
9 WR Derrick Doyle Northwestern State

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Glad to see that NOAH ALLEN from Sam is up there. He could be an impresser for sure. Not many SLC guys on there. No one from TxSt-San Marcos, SFA or Southeastern.

ISUMatt
July 15th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Siskowic will be a Buchanan Finalist next year for sure, keeping alive the tradition of great Illinois State LBs

Big Dawg
July 15th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Here is a list of this year's juniors who project to be the best NFL prospects based on early reviews. I will have a list of sophomores in a couple days.
7 WR Roosevelt Kiser FAMU

I'm glad to see Roosevelt Kiser on there. This kid is a real talent. Check the pic and the sig.

http://media.blackamericaweb.com/images/photos/ACF4B6A.jpg

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Siskowic will be a Buchanan Finalist next year for sure, keeping alive the tradition of great Illinois State LBs

Yeah I agree big time on that kid.

Baldy
July 15th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Nice pickup on Mohring and Wayne.
A Junior who is a virtual unknown who won't be for long is Charrod Taylor. If you haven't already, ask around Swams....

Oh BTW, Leaving Lance Wayne off the All-American lists is a travesty. He's the best Center in the SoCon, period.

JMU2004
July 15th, 2005, 09:34 PM
nice to see the JMU tailbacks finally getting some love..... Fenner and Banks are two excellent backs that, when healthy, take over the game. That being said, both are probably a step slow RIGHT NOW. If Banks can get from the 4.6 to the 4.45 range, look out. Fenner needs to become a tad more shifty.

The JMU O-Line got lots of pub. last year, and rightly so....but if those two had been healthy all year, the JMU rushing numbers would have been ridiculous.

ngineer
July 15th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I would add Lehigh's Royce Morgan, #56 DT. Extremely quick off the ball and but for a fractured ankle in the second game last year, appeared to be off to a terrific year. I understand he should get a medical redshirt, so he has two years left on South Mountain.

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I would add Lehigh's Royce Morgan, #56 DT. Extremely quick off the ball and but for a fractured ankle in the second game last year, appeared to be off to a terrific year. I understand he should get a medical redshirt, so he has two years left on South Mountain.

As I have said before injured players have ??? so I tend to drop them but he will certainly be on the list by the end but at this point I have not verified his status yet so he was left off.

Thanks!

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Nice pickup on Mohring and Wayne.
A Junior who is a virtual unknown who won't be for long is Charrod Taylor. If you haven't already, ask around Swams....

Oh BTW, Leaving Lance Wayne off the All-American lists is a travesty. He's the best Center in the SoCon, period.

I-AA.org rated Stewart 3rd team over him. Also most have Wayne lower because he is not a senior. They have Wayne 2nd on their board in the SoCon. He is 4th overall on my board and very close to 3rd. I have Wayne projected as the top center in I-AA for 2006.

I love Wayne and think he will be a candidate for the OL of the Year and might win it in 2006.

BTW this is a list of early NFL prospects mainly. He will be added to the list soon though. I gave him a PFA grade and this is players who have a shot at getting drafted as of now.

skinny_uncle
July 15th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Glad to see Salukis Whitlock and Coffin on the list. Whitlock does not surprise me as his numbers last year on a team loaded with running backs like Brandon Jacobs ( who is now a New York Giant) were impressive. Coffin has been a very reliable kicker, but I did not realize he was on the NFL radar. Sounds to me like the NFL may be watching 1-AA a bit closer than in the past.

Josh
July 15th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Glad to see Salukis Whitlock and Coffin on the list. Whitlock does not surprise me as his numbers last year on a team loaded with running backs like Brandon Jacobs ( who is now a New York Giant) were impressive. Coffin has been a very reliable kicker, but I did not realize he was on the NFL radar. Sounds to me like the NFL may be watching 1-AA a bit closer than in the past.

I am making sure of that big time. Teams are reading our profiles that they pay for and I make sure I-AA players get noticed!

Coffin should be on the radar. There are more players on the radar. These are just the main ones.

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 12:46 AM
And how exactly do you know this??? Was it him in particular or all others at the position?

By the All-American teams, you guys had Stewart rated ahead of Wayne so you must have Wayne listed at no better than 4th at center right?

Both are great players. Can't go wrong with either pick!

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 01:07 AM
No, I-AA.org (you included because you were part of the I-AA.org selection) didn't have Wayne on the team. Therefore I-AA.org had Stewart rated above the others at his position.

Well I know you had the staff take a look at the ratings so I am sure Stewart is 3rd now and Wayne is best case 4th right? Where did Wayne end up being rated?

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Here are the top 10 names out of that group:

33 RB Clifton Dawson Harvard
24 RB Arkee Whitlock Southern Illinois- JUCO transfer
40 ILB Cameron Siskowic Illinois State- Washington State transfer
21 CB Tavarous Bain Hampton- Miami Transfer
52 ILB Justin Durant Hampton
38 RB Lex Hilliard Montana
3 WR David Ball New Hampshire
90 DE Mike Murphy Montana
38 ILB/OLB Zak DeOssie Brown
42 OLB Gian Villante Hofstra

ccujacket
July 16th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I wonder who it is that rates Swami's threads one star every time???

I bumped it that's why it's not one any more.

kats89
July 16th, 2005, 12:46 PM
And how exactly do you know this??? Was it him in particular or all others at the position? BTW, I think ranking the top of 2006 is very premature.

It seems to me that all Ralph does is sit back and take shots at Swami when all he is trying to do is just put some interesting info out there for people to be aware of so maybe everyone can keep their eyes on these JRs.

Ralph, instead of sitting back and taking shots at anyone you can, why don't you put some info out there about what you think instead of bitching all the time.

Swami, thanks for your effort. Keep an eye on Noah Allen

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/pics/front_fb_14.jpg

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I wonder who it is that rates Swami's threads one star every time???

I bumped it that's why it's not one any more.

The rating depends on how many replies to the thread I thought?

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 12:50 PM
It seems to me that all Ralph does is sit back and take shots at Swami when all he is trying to do is just put some interesting info out there for people to be aware of so maybe everyone can keep their eyes on these JRs.

Ralph, instead of sitting back and taking shots at anyone you can, why don't you put some info out there about what you think instead of bitching all the time.

Swami, thanks for your effort. Keep an eye on Noah Allen

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/pics/front_fb_14.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. :D

That post shocked me! Responses should be funny to this one....

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 01:14 PM
No, I-AA.org (you included because you were part of the I-AA.org selection) didn't have Wayne on the team. Therefore I-AA.org had Stewart rated above the others at his position.

Yeah you uesd my teams as your starting point. I didn't have Wayne partly because I knew you wouldn't have him on the final list.

You and Mr. C both told me you weren't as impressed with him as I have been.

ccujacket
July 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
No, you click the stars at the top. Someone gave you a one so I gave you a 5 to even it out. I, of course, have a good idea who it is and was just being facetious. I enjoy your posts and that's not just cause your the only one who ever includes any CCU players. :cool:

Josh
July 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM
No, you click the stars at the top. Someone gave you a one so I gave you a 5 to even it out. I, of course, have a good idea who it is and was just being facetious. I enjoy your posts and that's not just cause your the only one who ever includes any CCU players. :cool:

Oh ok, thanks for explaining!

Who would want to drop a post rating though?

GeauxLions94
July 16th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Glad to see that NOAH ALLEN from Sam is up there. He could be an impresser for sure. Not many SLC guys on there. No one from TxSt-San Marcos, SFA or Southeastern.

One person to possibly take a look at is Southeastern's Donald Usry (C). :nod: Missed some games last season after getting injured late in the McNeese State game. Has started since his freshman season and can play with a mean streak.

golionsgo
July 17th, 2005, 01:35 AM
One person to possibly take a look at is Southeastern's Donald Usry (C). :nod: Missed some games last season after getting injured late in the McNeese State game. Has started since his freshman season and can play with a mean streak.

I agree with you about Usry. He's intelligent, has plenty of size and strength, and plays the game in a foul mood. We tend to focus on the QB and WRs in our offense but Donald Usry should be an All-American candidate by next year if he can stay healthy. He's as good a center as you're gonna find in I-AA IMO.

umassfan
July 17th, 2005, 01:13 PM
You dont even list one of your second team all americans in Baylark as a top senior for 2006?

Josh
July 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM
You dont even list one of your second team all americans in Baylark as a top senior for 2006?

This is NFL Draft ratings but to be honest I didnt want to list too many guys. I have about 60 more players I could have listed in my watch list. Do you want the whole list?

Cat79
July 17th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Fred Evans DT Texas State

Josh
July 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Fred Evans DT Texas State

He is in this year's class. The class in this thread are juniors. Was that a typo or something?

TexasTerror
July 17th, 2005, 07:10 PM
He is in this year's class. The class in this thread are juniors. Was that a typo or something?

Probably thought you were being a closet Sam Houston State fan... ;)

Yeah, sure it was a typo or thinking that Evans may actually graduate in spring 2006, which he probably will....

Josh
July 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Probably thought you were being a closet Sam Houston State fan... ;)

Yeah, sure it was a typo or thinking that Evans may actually graduate in spring 2006, which he probably will....

I meant these guys are for the 2006 season. They will be in the draft class of 2007!

umassfan
July 18th, 2005, 12:58 AM
This is NFL Draft ratings but to be honest I didnt want to list too many guys. I have about 60 more players I could have listed in my watch list. Do you want the whole list?

I think Baylark has a better shot at the NFL then 75% of who you listed. Ill use Austin for example... Looks what GSUs all time best RB is doing in the NFL and look where the UMass clone to Baylark is... Nuff said!

WMTribe90
July 18th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Swami,

Thanks for putting out the list and generating some off-season dicussion. You can probably remove Elijah Brooks from your list. He is a very steady back, a hard-runner, good blocker in pass protection, and good receiver out of the backfield. Unfortunately, he is not a burner and would have to significantly improve his 40 time to even have a shot at the NFL. If Delmus Coley returns to 100-percent after miising all of last year after following knee surgery, I suspect he will supplant Brooks as the starter and receive the majority of the carries. From what I hear, Trinkle (TE) probably has the best shot.

Josh
July 18th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Swami,

Thanks for putting out the list and generating some off-season dicussion. You can probably remove Elijah Brooks from your list. He is a very steady back, a hard-runner, good blocker in pass protection, and good receiver out of the backfield. Unfortunately, he is not a burner and would have to significantly improve his 40 time to even have a shot at the NFL. If Delmus Coley returns to 100-percent after miising all of last year after following knee surgery, I suspect he will supplant Brooks as the starter and receive the majority of the carries. From what I hear, Trinkle (TE) probably has the best shot.

Yeah I have heard that too and seen some NFL teams have him as a draft grade for next year.

Thanks for the feedback!

Canyoncat
July 18th, 2005, 01:24 PM
How about Joe Hirst OT Montana State? Wasted Sophmore year because of injuries, but was All Conference as a redshirt freshman. He should be a force this year and next. Another to watch out for should be OLB Clive Lowe. He should turn alot of heads playing OLB instead of DE. He was All Conference as a redshirt freshman, but was also banged up last year. Granted questions on both because of last year, but watch out!

GO CATS!!

LBPop
July 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Good call on Alex Buzbee (Jr.) (spelled with a 'z') of Georgetown. He has played in the shadow of his bookend DE, Michael Onanibaku (Sr.), but "Buzz" may be the better pro prospect. He's just as athletic, but has a larger frame where he can put on some extra lbs. Can't imagine a better pair of defensive ends in I-AA.

Keep it coming Swami. Even us old guys like reading your stuff. :p

Josh
July 18th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Good call on Alex Buzbee (Jr.) (spelled with a 'z') of Georgetown. He has played in the shadow of his bookend DE, Michael Onanibaku (Sr.), but "Buzz" may be the better pro prospect. He's just as athletic, but has a larger frame where he can put on some extra lbs. Can't imagine a better pair of defensive ends in I-AA.

Keep it coming Swami. Even us old guys like reading your stuff. :p

Thanks for the kind words! I sure will keep it coming!

Cat79
July 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Texas State

Matt Padron TE 6'5" 265
Del Scales OT 6'6" 310

Cat79
July 18th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Texas State
Gary Shepherd DB