10/20 @ Penn
10/27 @ Columbia
11/03 Brown
11/10 @ Princeton
11/17 Harvard

http://yalebulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/yale-m-footbl-sched.html

Zoo
January 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I look forward to their games with Holy Cross, Harvard, and Princeton!

YaleFootballFan
January 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
The Georgetown game is away.

Overall, pretty good schedule. It should be another exciting season.

DetroitFlyer
January 30th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Yale barely wins a close game at Dayton and no more Dayton on future schedules. Yale loses to USD, and no more USD on the schedule. Folks wonder why PFL teams have not been "scheduling up".... Yeah, we could probably get a game with Appy State, but getting games against leagues that the PFL should competitive with, ( Ivy, PL, ), for example is not as easy as it seems. ( Although I still think last season's USD team could hang with Appy State ). It all stems from the whole, absolutely silly, "Mid-Major" nonsense. Because certain parties have embraced the "Mid-Major" nonsense, yes including the schools of the PFL themselves, teams from the Ivy and PL still look down on games with the PFL. The MAAC has also been caught up in this stigma. Duquesne has been very competitive with the PL and Ivys, but still fans of those programs view a game with the Duq's as substandard. Even the NEC is caught up in the stigma. For the most part, folks at AGS are pretty good at avoiding the "Mid-Major" moniker. It would also help if fans of schools in other leagues would not look down at games with PFL, MAAC or NEC teams just because of their preconceived notions about those leagues. Believe me, every league has good and bad teams. At the end of the day, we should all be proud to be FCS and support each other's programs!

BeauFoster
January 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Although I still think last season's USD team could hang with Appy State

While it may be your personal opinion, and you are surely entitled to it...

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

lizrdgizrd
January 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Although I still think last season's USD team could hang with Appy State
You are one entertaining guy, DF. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

GannonFan
January 30th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yale barely wins a close game at Dayton and no more Dayton on future schedules. Yale loses to USD, and no more USD on the schedule. Folks wonder why PFL teams have not been "scheduling up".... Yeah, we could probably get a game with Appy State, but getting games against leagues that the PFL should competitive with, ( Ivy, PL, ), for example is not as easy as it seems. ( Although I still think last season's USD team could hang with Appy State ). It all stems from the whole, absolutely silly, "Mid-Major" nonsense. Because certain parties have embraced the "Mid-Major" nonsense, yes including the schools of the PFL themselves, teams from the Ivy and PL still look down on games with the PFL. The MAAC has also been caught up in this stigma. Duquesne has been very competitive with the PL and Ivys, but still fans of those programs view a game with the Duq's as substandard. Even the NEC is caught up in the stigma. For the most part, folks at AGS are pretty good at avoiding the "Mid-Major" moniker. It would also help if fans of schools in other leagues would not look down at games with PFL, MAAC or NEC teams just because of their preconceived notions about those leagues. Believe me, every league has good and bad teams. At the end of the day, we should all be proud to be FCS and support each other's programs!

Delaware lost to Albany this past year but still has Monmouth on the schedule for 2007 - scheduling up can be done and some are doing it very well. If you only want to play the PL's or the Ivy's then you're limiting yourself - the Ivy only plays 10 games a year so they have limited OOC scheduling, especially considering that the PL and Ivy already have an understanding that they schedule most of their OOC games, or a good portion, against each other. There are other FCS conferences out there to schedule.

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 10:00 AM

It's called a home and home... Yale went to San Diego, San Diego went to Yale... the end.

BigApp
January 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
The Georgetown game is away.

Overall, pretty good schedule. It should be another exciting season.

their website states it's being played at "Multi-Sport Field" (?). Didn't indicate it was an Away game. Is MSF Gtown's place?

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
their website states it's being played at "Multi-Sport Field" (?). Didn't indicate it was an Away game. Is MSF Gtown's place?

xlolx xlolx Yes.

BigApp
January 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM
xlolx xlolx Yes.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx OK! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I guess it's difficult for Yalies to admit a road game in DC, eh?

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 12:35 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx OK! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I guess it's difficult for Yalies to admit a road game in DC, eh?

No just the fact that their football field is named 'Mult-Sport Field'.. makes it seem like an exhibition or something..

bulldog10jw
January 30th, 2007, 12:53 PM
It's called a home and home... Yale went to San Diego, San Diego went to Yale... the end.

Actually, Yale and USD have played 4 times in the past decade. Two in San Diego and two in New Haven. Yale and Dayton also had a home and home.

LBPop
January 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
No just the fact that their football field is named 'Mult-Sport Field'.. makes it seem like an exhibition or something..

There has been some noise on the Hoya board to change the name. I guess "MSF" is better than the "We-put-down-field-turf-so-we-could-play-lots-of sports-besides-just-football" field. Calling it "The Yard" got some discussion last year, but I don't think that anyone of authority was listening.

Note to Yale: While the capacity of this place probably equals that of a few of the Yale Bowl tunnels, I think you will get a warm, yet loud welcome in DC. The weather should be excellent and the Ivies draw well at Georgetown. Hopefully you will bring out some of the "hidden" football fan base and if they like the product on the field, they might come back.

YaleFootballFan
January 31st, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yale barely wins a close game at Dayton and no more Dayton on future schedules. Yale loses to USD, and no more USD on the schedule.

While I'm all in favor of playing PFL teams, Yale's 2007 schedule was set long before the first loss to USD in 2005. The agreement between Yale and USD was two games in New Haven and two games at San Diego. Dayton was another home and home agreement. How Yale performed against Dayton and USD has nothing to do with not playing those teams anymore. If that was the case, then Yale would've stopped playing UConn years before the series ended in 1999.

youwouldno
January 31st, 2007, 10:49 PM

D-II Schools like Tiffin and Missouri-Rolla love scheduling PFL opponents, because the D-IIs usually win...

DFW HOYA
February 1st, 2007, 06:26 AM

Well, at least it sounds better than "Temporary-Bleachers Field". :bang:

DetroitFlyer
February 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090305aaa.html

This is just too easy.... The last time my Flyers played Tiffin, we played at Tiffin and won 38-0! Try again!

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
Well, at least it sounds better than "Temporary-Bleachers Field". :bang:

At least call it Memorial Field or the Class of xx for at least awhile.. it's effortless!

89Hen
February 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Man, you guys are harsh on G'town. I don't think many people realize what limited land there is on the hill and how this program is still really just getting goint. Also, Pop and DFW correct me if I'm wrong, but G'town had some issues about building without having the money in hand. There has been a TON of construction at G'town and they seem to just be a little gun-shy about doing too much too quickly.

As a local I-AA fan, I would love to see a larger, permanent structure with all the amenities, but I don't enjoy the game any less now (well, except if I arrive hungry). However, I honestly shudder at the thought of 4000+ people at the games given the limited parking.

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Man, you guys are harsh on G'town. I don't think many people realize what limited land there is on the hill and how this program is still really just getting goint. Also, Pop and DFW correct me if I'm wrong, but G'town had some issues about building without having the money in hand. There has been a TON of construction at G'town and they seem to just be a little gun-shy about doing too much too quickly.

As a local I-AA fan, I would love to see a larger, permanent structure with all the amenities, but I don't enjoy the game any less now (well, except if I arrive hungry). However, I honestly shudder at the thought of 4000+ people at the games given the limited parking.

There is limited land on College Hill and we seem to get it done! :D Anyhow, they should win games with their new coaching staff.

89Hen
February 1st, 2007, 09:53 AM
There is limited land on College Hill and we seem to get it done!
You were renovating on a football stadium that was built in 1927. G'town is trying to build a stadium on a site that was only a field with no stands. It's VERY tight down there. Some of these pics might give you some idea...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2615

LBPop
February 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM
There is limited land on College Hill and we seem to get it done! :D

Actually, the AD's comment when he saw the field on their visit last fall was (I am paraphrasing): "This is exactly what I want to do at Georgetown". I went on record on another thread that Fisher is now my favorite stadium in the PL and its similar setting to Georgetown is a major reason. Goodman is a close second--natural grass is its biggest plus, but the on-campus setting of Fisher trumps that.

On another note--I'm sure I speak for other Hoya fans when I thank 89 for his support. Yes the seats are temporary (and small) and the parking is very limited, but the setting is phenomenal and has great potential. Hopefully LBKid will be successful enough fast enough to help Georgetown get the new stadium done. In about a year my financial contributions to Georgetown will drop significantly. :hurray:

youwouldno
February 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090305aaa.html

This is just too easy.... The last time my Flyers played Tiffin, we played at Tiffin and won 38-0! Try again!

Good for you. Too bad Tiffin has a winning record against your conference though...

ngineer
February 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
We're back at the Yale Bowl again. Interesting, two away games at Yale in back to back years, and at the same time we have Harvard home for two straight years.:confused:
Not a bad trip,though. Last year was my first to the 'Bow', and it would be good exorcise last year's fiasco..