PDA

View Full Version : FCS Coaches Adjusting to New Practice Rules

bonarae
July 26th, 2017, 02:54 PM
But not all coaches have adjusted well to the new rules that have banned two-a-days... xcoffeex

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170726114843242675504

Bisonoline
July 26th, 2017, 03:05 PM
But not all coaches have adjusted well to the new rules that have banned two-a-days... xcoffeex

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170726114843242675504

Dont see where in this article that coaches havent adjusted well.

Other then that NDSU didnt have that many two a days during preseason so I dont see that effecting them.

nevadagriz
July 26th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Only coaches that will struggle are the "old school" coaches that think if you ain't puking you ain't working.
If this cuts down on a few preseason injuries that is great however it is still a contact sport and when games start your kids need to be ready to go.

Bisonoline
July 26th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Only coaches that will struggle are the "old school" coaches that think if you ain't puking you ain't working.
If this cuts down on a few preseason injuries that is great however it is still a contact sport and when games start your kids need to be ready to go.

Two a days did cut the wheat from the chaff. Plus if you could make it through 10 days of those you could make it through anything. It also made the 4th quarter a lot easier in a hard fought game.

NorthChuckSouth
July 26th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I'm sure coaches will find a loop hole in the rules like an extra conditioning session or a football-less walk thru in the morning then go out and practice in the afternoon

Bucs2016
July 26th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Crap like this is why teams like Bama, NDSU etc have dominated. Tough, big, strong smashmouth teams. The sport is getting softer. Sorry but its true. Hell even in the NFL its true. The NFL has gone overboard desperately trying to turn it into basketball on grass. They want 67-60 scores.

But what happened? Powerful DEFENSES are winning Super Bowls. The Seahawks. Pats. Broncos. Ravens. The leagues regular season is offense dominant but at crunch time mentally tough defense still wins.

Teams like Clemson...who still find ways to emphasize physical and mental toughness will win. Meanwhile flashy yoga on grass styles will collapse as soon as a LB pops them in the mouth on a kickoff.

This is ridiculous. We had 3 a days. Now cant even have a 2 a day????

Bucs2016
July 26th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Two a days did cut the wheat from the chaff. Plus if you could make it through 10 days of those you could make it through anything. It also made the 4th quarter a lot easier in a hard fought game.

Yep. Huge advantage for us and Citadel going through 2 a days in the oppressive Charleston heat/humidity. If we could get a better team to the 4th quarter we had a shot.

Im convinced thats one reason Citadel beat South Carolina 2 years ago. They went through hell in Charleston heat and humidity while the Gamecocks, although not easy, had a less difficult camp. Citadels option smashing style wore em down and in the 4th qtr the tougher team won it.

I dont know what NDSUs camps are like. But I know that its only gonna be MUCH harder to beat a team like NDSU with a softer 1 a day camp. It takes a grown mans mind to fight 4 quarters with a team like that and camp is where coaches create 21 year old bodies with 30 yr old minds (on the field).

Bisonoline
July 26th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I'm sure coaches will find a loop hole in the rules like an extra conditioning session or a football-less walk thru in the morning then go out and practice in the afternoon

Thats what they do now.

NorthChuckSouth
July 26th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Thats what they do now.

Oh yeah I know.. I meant like more than they have in the past.. like that morning conditioning session or walk thru is every day instead of every 2-3 days. Somewhat replacing the first practice of a two-a-day.

chattownmocs
July 26th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Chattanooga is practicing returners early in the day and newcomers separately at night. Seems weird to me but I'm willing to give the new coaching staff the benefit of the doubt for the first few weeks or so.