PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown 2007 Schedule

LBPop
January 29th, 2007, 04:30 PM
No "BYE" week this fall. A tougher Ivy schedule and a dramatically improving Stony Brook. Marist just added. W's will be tough, but the only way to improve is to play up.

09/01: at Stony Brook
09/08: LAFAYETTE
09/15: YALE
09/22: at Holy Cross
09/29: CORNELL (HC)
10/06: at Pennsylvania
10/13: FORDHAM
10/20: at Bucknell
10/27: at Lehigh
11/03: at Marist
11/10: COLGATE

BigApp
January 29th, 2007, 04:34 PM
nice!

89Hen
January 29th, 2007, 04:45 PM
:thumbsup: I know you'll enjoy that one Pop. Franklin Field dates back to when you were a boy. :smiley_wi :p

TheValleyRaider
January 29th, 2007, 07:28 PM
3 Ivies, plus teams like Stony Brook and Marist. Looks like a real PL OOC schedule now :D. Nice upgrade for the Hoyas.

Do you have a return game with Charleston Southern in the future as well?

Zoo
January 29th, 2007, 07:59 PM
That's a great schedule! Georgetown, good luck!

Go...gate
January 29th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Nice job, Hoyas.

LBPop
January 30th, 2007, 08:04 AM
:thumbsup: I know you'll enjoy that one Pop. Franklin Field dates back to when you were a boy. :smiley_wi :p

If only you were kidding...:rolleyes: Actually, my first time at Franklin Field I saw Maryland beat Johns Hopkins in OT for the NCAA Division I Lacrosse championship. True story: I stood up to cheer at that game on one of those old wooden bench seats--it broke in half (and I was just out of college and in good shape then.) I'm glad they have put in field turf--that old Astro-Carpet ruins every game that is played on it--Football, Lacrosse, Baseball...

LBKid is really looking forward to playing there and listening to the cheers coming from about 70,000 empty seats. xlolx We'll be sure to observe a moment of silent reverance as we pass Newark on the way up I-95.:beerchug:

LBPop
January 30th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Do you have a return game with Charleston Southern in the future as well?

Nothing announced, but I must say that the people at Charleston Southern could not have been better hosts. I could easily go back. Of course the players rudely outscored the Hoyas, but that was happening a lot last season. :(

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
No "BYE" week this fall. A tougher Ivy schedule and a dramatically improving Stony Brook. Marist just added. W's will be tough, but the only way to improve is to play up.

09/01: at Stony Brook
09/08: LAFAYETTE
09/15: YALE
09/22: at Holy Cross
09/29: CORNELL (HC)
10/13: FORDHAM
10/20: at Bucknell
10/27: at Lehigh
11/03: at Marist
11/10: COLGATE

Welcome to the PL Hoyas... now just beat Colgate or Lehigh and you are in! :p

carney2
January 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM

You've already beaten Lafayette. You won't prove anything by going there again.

BigApp
January 30th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Conditional membership, eh?? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :thumbsup:

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I definitely see G-town running the table this year.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 09:47 PM
If only you were kidding...:rolleyes: Actually, my first time at Franklin Field I saw Maryland beat Johns Hopkins in OT for the NCAA Division I Lacrosse championship. True story: I stood up to cheer at that game on one of those old wooden bench seats--it broke in half (and I was just out of college and in good shape then.) I'm glad they have put in field turf--that old Astro-Carpet ruins every game that is played on it--Football, Lacrosse, Baseball...

LBKid is really looking forward to playing there and listening to the cheers coming from about 70,000 empty seats. xlolx We'll be sure to observe a moment of silent reverance as we pass Newark on the way up I-95.:beerchug:

I love Franklin Field. Great view of the game (unless you're behind a post), but with the smallish crowds, that's not a problem.
I played on the old Astro turf stuff--nasty. The new field turf is great. I also got to run the Penn Relays in high school--what an experience. I love that place.
When I saw your reference to passing Newark on I-95, I said to myself, "How in the hell is LB going pass New-WERK on the way to Philly?" Then I realized...that you were referring to Noah's ARK.. Moment of silence is fine, no genuflecting....;)

LBPop
January 31st, 2007, 08:15 AM
no genuflecting....;)

Don't worry, the knees can't do that anymore. xlolx :( : smh : :bawling:

89Hen
January 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Moment of silence is fine, no genuflecting....;)
That's reserved for Lehigh fans.

ngineer
January 31st, 2007, 01:34 PM
No, we lift the left leg...;)

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
xlolx HA! Great pic...

On second glance, I think G'town has the most difficult PL OOC... but I haven't seen Colgate's yet.. Furman is next year I believe anyhow...

89Hen
February 1st, 2007, 09:32 AM
xlolx HA! Great pic...
I only wish she were holding up the CLARINET she brought. :nod: xlolx xlolx

LBPop
February 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM
On second glance, I think G'town has the most difficult PL OOC

Actually, that is a testament to former coach Bob Benson who worked very hard to upgrade the schedule. As everyone here knows, it takes several years to get that done.

TheValleyRaider
February 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
xlolx HA! Great pic...

On second glance, I think G'town has the most difficult PL OOC... but I haven't seen Colgate's yet.. Furman is next year I believe anyhow...

We've got a pair of CAA teams, UMass, Towson, another NEC in Albany, and some of the usual Ivy contingent with Cornell, Dartmouth.

Next year could be real tough