PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Football Recruiting

Lehigh Football Nation
January 29th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Some more "scraps" for your enjoyment.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I definitely see Lehigh recruiting well this year.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 09:40 PM
It appears that we are in the 'hunt' for some decent players, a number who are being pursued by BCS teams. Hopefully we don't spend too much time on unrealistic candidates to the expense of elsewhere. I know the coaches spend a lot of time targeting those they believe they have realistic shots, but with the heightened admissions standards requiring a broader but shallower pool to fish in we really have to be cost efficient.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 31st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Updated this with the "big name that is floating out there". Thanks again to RichH... keeps giving us the steak!

carney2
January 31st, 2007, 11:07 AM
I definitely see Lehigh recruiting well this year.

I definitely see our old friend Fordham getting smacked around behind the visiting stands by enraged AGSers when/if he ever visits a Patriot League football venue not located in NYC.

Fordham
January 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM
whether you like it!

or you don't like it!

YOU BETTER LEARN TO LOVE IT!!

<my favorite WWF quote>

Fordham
January 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
btw, that actually wasn't a bs call above, though. that recent update shows what appears to be some nice grabs by Lehigh.

from venturing over to their voy board, though, it appears there are some fans upset over a few frosh who have left the team. were they supposed to be big contributors, engineer fans?

ngineer
January 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM
btw, that actually wasn't a bs call above, though. that recent update shows what appears to be some nice grabs by Lehigh.

from venturing over to their voy board, though, it appears there are some fans upset over a few frosh who have left the team. were they supposed to be big contributors, engineer fans?

Two were thought to have good potential. Full story not known, and still possibility of return. Frm what I heard, they didn't leave school, so various possibilities. Freshman year is very tough at places like Lehigh. Learning to adjust to the academic and football demands, which restrict, to some degree the ability to experience everything else in college is always a tough thing to learn. Plus, each has a different level of maturity coming in. Some can handle it, some can't. First time away from home, having to make decisions that may be some mistakes. All the process of learning and growing. Typically, in the course of four years you usually see attrition rate of 25-40% from freshman year to senior. Class of 25-30 freshman typically graduates 15-20 seniors.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Two were thought to have good potential. Full story not known, and still possibility of return. Frm what I heard, they didn't leave school, so various possibilities. Freshman year is very tough at places like Lehigh. Learning to adjust to the academic and football demands, which restrict, to some degree the ability to experience everything else in college is always a tough thing to learn. Plus, each has a different level of maturity coming in. Some can handle it, some can't. First time away from home, having to make decisions that may be some mistakes. All the process of learning and growing. Typically, in the course of four years you usually see attrition rate of 25-40% from freshman year to senior. Class of 25-30 freshman typically graduates 15-20 seniors.

Agree 100%. Recently, Patriot League standouts such as Eric Rath and Jamaal Branch had to "think things through" after their freshman years and decide if FCS football was for them. Freshman year is a year of huge upheaval for a lot of kids, especially with kids in a tough academic school with athletics on top of that, and a fair amount choose to drop sports, drop the school, or just need time to think about it.

cosmo here
January 31st, 2007, 03:25 PM
Updated this with the "big name that is floating out there". Thanks again to RichH... keeps giving us the steak!

Brad Walter committed to Lehigh according to the Express-Times this week.

ngineer
January 31st, 2007, 08:22 PM
I definitely see our old friend Fordham getting smacked around behind the visiting stands by enraged AGSers when/if he ever visits a Patriot League football venue not located in NYC.

At first I was wondering WHERE you were talking about this ambush taking place, since Fordham doesn't have a visitors stands!--until I got to the end....Only thing about FU's stadium I don't like. Just seems weird sitting there looking across at your team and the baseball field stretching out behind them...

Tribe4SF
January 31st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Lehigh got commitment from RJ McNamara, 6'5" 270 OT from Demarest, NJ. Chose Lehigh over Lafayette, his other offer. Also had some interest from W&M.

danefan
February 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Not Lehigh, but still Patriot league.

Colgate got a good recruit.

http://eteamz.active.com/SectionNineFB/news/

CENTRAL VALLEY - Two-time New York State Co-Player of the Year Greg Sullivan is expected to sign a letter of intent to attend Colgate next fall where he will play football for the Division 1-AA team.
The signing will take place on Wednesday, February 7th, according to Monroe-Woodbury head coach Pat D'Aliso. The Crusader quarterback will receive an athletic scholarship.
Sullivan was a three-year starter for the Crusaders who chalked up a 35-2 record during that span. In his sophomore year Sullivan was a starting defensive cornerback while Matt Stack quarterbacked the M-W offense. As a junior Sullivan was moved to the signal-calling position as D'Aliso introduced his new spread offense. Completing 66-of-110 passes for 1,455 yards and 19 TDs and rushing for 1,017 yards on 141 carries and scoring 12 TDs, Sullivan led his team to the state Class AA title. This past season he completed 76-of-140 passes for 1,311 yards and 11 TDs while rushing for 1,542 yards on 213 carries and scoring 23 TDs as the CruCrew again went to the state final, only to lose by one point in overtime.
Monroe-Woodbury was 24-1 with Sullivan at quarterback.
Competing in the Patriot League, The Raiders finished 4-7 last season. Head coach Richard Lee Biddle will be entering his 12th season at the helm there. His overall record at Colgate is 88-42.

cosmo here
February 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Not Lehigh, but still Patriot league.

Colgate got a good recruit.

a post on the Lafayette board advised to check where Sullivan's other offers were from, apparently implying that he didn't get many others. does anybody have any info on this?

ngineer
February 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Lehigh got commitment from RJ McNamara, 6'5" 270 OT from Demarest, NJ. Chose Lehigh over Lafayette, his other offer. Also had some interest from W&M.

At 6'5" that's a good frame to build on. We need some incoming beef based on our upperclassmen. Good to hear. Thanks.

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Is there some kind of machine y'all can send down here so that we can know what the hell is coming out of Kevin Higgins's mouth? You know like they have at the UN!

ngineer
February 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Is there some kind of machine y'all can send down here so that we can know what the hell is coming out of Kevin Higgins's mouth? You know like they have at the UN!

xlolx xlolx I think Kevin is from the Philly area-- I know he went to West Chester University (D-II) outside of Philly. Send me some of the terms he used and I'll try to help out..:D