PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League TV Schedule Released

Go Green
July 24th, 2017, 01:53 PM
https://ivyleague.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/Record_Number_of_National_Broadcasts_for_-IvyFootball_in_2017

So if your team is playing an Ivy.... now's your chance to see them on TV!

LUHawker
July 24th, 2017, 02:33 PM
https://ivyleague.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/Record_Number_of_National_Broadcasts_for_-IvyFootball_in_2017

So if your team is playing an Ivy.... now's your chance to see them on TV!

Is that a joke? Of 23 games, only 3 opponents are non-Ivy League foes.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 24th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Saturday, Sept. 16
Ohio Dominican at Penn
1:00 p.m.
TCN/ILN

Saturday, Sept. 16
San Diego at Princeton
12:00 p.m.
Eleven Sports/ILN

Saturday, Oct. 14
Lafayette at Harvard
12:00 p.m.
NESN/ILN

Alert the Nielsen people.

Sader87
July 24th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Ohio Dominican???

Go Green
July 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Ohio Dominican???

Penn got jilted by someone and OD was the best they could do for a replacement in such a short time.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 24th, 2017, 04:32 PM
PENN Associate AD: First day on the job, and I just closed a deal on a scheduling coup! We're opening at home against ODU!

PENN AD: Read that contract again.

PAllen
July 24th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Is that a joke? Of 23 games, only 3 opponents are non-Ivy League foes.

Well it is the Ivy League Network, so I'll cut them some slack, although those are some pretty weak opponents to televise. I guess they want the guaranteed wins wherever they can get them at this point.

DFW HOYA
July 24th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Penn got jilted by someone and OD was the best they could do for a replacement in such a short time.

Jacksonville dropped a series with Dear Old Penn for Dear Not-So-Old Walsh (founded 1960)

http://www.athletics.walsh.edu/sports/fball/2017-18/schedule

Model Citizen
July 25th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Inspired by Rocky Horror...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gf8L7xvO8U

Go Green
July 25th, 2017, 08:11 AM
PENN Associate AD: First day on the job, and I just closed a deal on a scheduling coup! We're opening at home against ODU!

PENN AD: Read that contract again.

:)

While I think that a game against Old Dominion would draw fairly well, the guess here is that a game against Ohio Dominican will not help Penn's attendance woes. I'm virtually certain that they play in front of the most empty seats of any football team in the country.

Go Green
July 25th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Well it is the Ivy League Network, so I'll cut them some slack, although those are some pretty weak opponents to televise. I guess they want the guaranteed wins wherever they can get them at this point.

No disrespect to the teams playing Ivies this season, but 2017 looks like a down year for Ivy OOC scheduling.

I think our best OOC opponent for 2017 will be Delaware (Cornell is playing them).

DFW HOYA
July 25th, 2017, 08:33 AM

While I think that a game against Old Dominion would draw fairly well, the guess here is that a game against Ohio Dominican will not help Penn's attendance woes. I'm virtually certain that they play in front of the most empty seats of any football team in the country.

Don't forget Rice Stadium (72,000):

https://i.gse.io/gse_media/114/11/1417993647-venue-Rice_Stadium.jpg?p=1

Go Green
July 25th, 2017, 08:45 AM

That is pretty weak. Who are they playing in that picture?

Model Citizen
July 25th, 2017, 09:43 AM
The picture is just before halftime of the 2005 UCF game (8,267). That was the last time they drew under 10k at home.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2017, 09:49 AM
The picture is just before halftime of the 2005 UCF game (8,267). That was the last time they drew under 10k at home.

But isn't UCF vs. Rice a rivalry game? xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 25th, 2017, 10:02 AM
No disrespect to the teams playing Ivies this season, but 2017 looks like a down year for Ivy OOC scheduling.

I think our best OOC opponent for 2017 will be Delaware (Cornell is playing them).

I'd say both Lehigh and Fordham will be better than Delaware this year.

RichH2
July 25th, 2017, 10:07 AM

+1

Model Citizen
July 25th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I think our best OOC opponent for 2017 will be Delaware...

With Jacksonville unavailable, they had to find somebody. I understand.

Go Green - Can you tell me what steps you will personally take to encourage more Ivy League scheduling against the mighty Pioneer Football League?

Forget about Campbell --and the Florida schools that may soon leave the PFL with them (Hughes hinting at future scholarships for Stetson). Marist plays Columbia now and then. San Diego gets all the Ivy League games they want.

Where the Pioneer needs GG's help is with Drake and Valparaiso. Drake has never played an Ivy League team. Valpo last played an Ivy in 1999. Either one of those teams would sell out Franklin Field. You heard it here first.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Either one of those teams would sell out Franklin Field

xlmaox

Ain't no way they get to 52,593. In fact, I think if the total attendance was 8,000 Penn would be happy.

Go Green
July 25th, 2017, 11:16 AM
With Jacksonville unavailable, they had to find somebody. I understand.

Go Green - Can you tell me what steps you will personally take to encourage more Ivy League scheduling against the mighty Pioneer Football League?

Forget about Campbell --and the Florida schools that may soon leave the PFL with them (Hughes hinting at future scholarships for Stetson). Marist plays Columbia now and then. San Diego gets all the Ivy League games they want.

Where the Pioneer needs GG's help is with Drake and Valparaiso. Drake has never played an Ivy League team. Valpo last played an Ivy in 1999. Either one of those teams would sell out Franklin Field. You heard it here first.

We may need some help because we have the same home-and-away series scheduled with Jacksonville down the road. First game is in Florida. Second game is in Hanover. If Jacksonville bailed on a game in Philadelphia, its not hard to imagine that they will do the same thing for the game in New Hampshire. So we will keep Drake on standby for that. :)

As for Valpo, we have a home-and-away series with them for 2021-22.

Happily, we do also have future games against UNH and Army on the books. We're not like Harvard. We do like to challenge ourselves now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you're right.

But since they don't have any common opponents, we will have to see what Sagarin says at the end of the season.

Ivytalk
July 27th, 2017, 09:23 PM
We're not like Harvard. We do like to challenge ourselves now and then.

-
Anything Dartmouth does in the privacy of its own dorm rooms is fine with us.xnodx

cx500d
July 27th, 2017, 09:26 PM
We're not like Harvard. We do like to make sexualized powerpoints every now and then.

FYP

BTW, still waiting for someone to dredge those up.

CHIP72
July 28th, 2017, 08:50 AM

They've done some remodeling and taken some seats out at Rice Stadium, though it still has at least 50K seats.

I may be the only person on AGS who has attended games at both Franklin Field and Rice Stadium. Plenty of good seats are available for games at both stadiums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Green
July 28th, 2017, 10:04 AM
FYP

BTW, still waiting for someone to dredge those up.

Harvard has actually done their share of sexualized powerpoints as well.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2016/11/4/soccer-suspended-scouting-report-harvard/

Dartmouth actually got the Ivy title that season because Harvard forfeited their games.

Not sure Harvard's stuff ever made it public either. But I'll let you know if I ever see the powerpoints!

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of good seats are available for games at both stadiums.

No argument here. :)

CHIP72
July 28th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Related note - IMO Rice Stadium is a really good place to watch a football game. It has an excellent design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son of Eli
July 28th, 2017, 07:25 PM

Dividion II Ohio Dominican is actually a step up from Jacksonville according to Massey.

Son of Eli
July 28th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Lehigh TU owl;2500879]I'd say both Lehigh and Fordham will be better than Delaware this year.[/QUOTE]

+1

And Yale is playing both Lehigh and Fordham. Looking forward to my first trip to Goodman Stadium.

van
July 28th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Lehigh TU owl;2500879]I'd say both Lehigh and Fordham will be better than Delaware this year.

And Yale is playing both Lehigh and Fordham. Looking forward to my first trip to Goodman Stadium.[/QUOTE]

it's not the Yale Bowl, but game day atmosphere is pretty darn good, hope you enjoy the trip but not the final score