PDA

View Full Version : SOCON ESPN 2017 Schedule

youcanbankit
July 23rd, 2017, 02:35 PM
The Southern Conference ESPN schedule so far for 2017.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/29/southern-conference

catamount man
July 23rd, 2017, 04:08 PM
I can guarantee you meant ESPN 3 sans the UTC-Jax State game, not ESPN.

The Cats
July 23rd, 2017, 09:04 PM

http://www.soconsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4000&SPID=1781&SPSID=21890

catamount man
July 24th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I guess the SoCon Digital Network is a thing of the past? GO CATS!!!

walliver
July 25th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I guess the SoCon Digital Network is a thing of the past? GO CATS!!!

I think the digital network is still around, but almost all of it's content, at least for football and MBB, was also available on ESPN3. Since ESPN3 is Chromecast compatible, I always watch it that way. The only benefit of the SoCon digital network is that it does not require a cable or satellite subscription.

The SoCon should consider following the Big Sky and placing it's content on PlutoTV which is a free service available on most media players.

SU DOG
July 25th, 2017, 02:06 PM
The thing I don't like about ESPN3 is that they delete the streams after a short time(30 days maybe?). I can't go back months later and rewatch a game.

Scrappy94
July 25th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Finally. Glad to see all of our home games on ESPN3 this year. We only had one home game on ESPN3 last year, the playoff game vs Weber St.

catamount man
July 25th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Nothing beats the old SportSouth SoCon game of the week back in 1990s. Sometimes you'd have a double header of SoCon football.

PaladinFan
July 25th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Finally. Glad to see all of our home games on ESPN3 this year. We only had one home game on ESPN3 last year, the playoff game vs Weber St.

I think we can all agree that we've come a long way. I used to could catch Furman once a season. Maybe twice.

Catamount87
July 26th, 2017, 07:29 AM
I think the digital network is still around, but almost all of it's content, at least for football and MBB, was also available on ESPN3. Since ESPN3 is Chromecast compatible, I always watch it that way. The only benefit of the SoCon digital network is that it does not require a cable or satellite subscription.

The SoCon should consider following the Big Sky and placing it's content on PlutoTV which is a free service available on most media players.

I have DirecTV Now (The new streaming service from AT&T/DirecTV.) and for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to "qualify" when cable/satellite subscriptions are required. Grrrr.....

walliver
July 26th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I have DirecTV Now (The new streaming service from AT&T/DirecTV.) and for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to "qualify" when cable/satellite subscriptions are required. Grrrr.....

That is an ongoing issue with ESPN3. Direct subscriptions are not allowed, you must have cable or satellite or some intermediate provider, and that provider can limit the devices on which you can view ESPN streaming content.

ElCid
July 26th, 2017, 09:36 PM
The thing I don't like about ESPN3 is that they delete the streams after a short time(30 days maybe?). I can't go back months later and rewatch a game.

Actually I think it is 6-8 weeks. I know I have watched one at least 6 weeks later. I just save the specific address since they disappear form the ESPN schedule after 30 days. But they are still stored. Try it. I guess they just don't have a demand for further than that. Hate to tell them I was itching to watch a bunch of games in the off season.

citdog
July 26th, 2017, 09:55 PM
So y'all WANT to watch The Citadel go 8-0 in the SoCon AGAIN? I would think that y'all would want to not see the Cadets go through your teams like **** though a goose over and over again...

ElCid
July 26th, 2017, 10:03 PM
So y'all WANT to watch The Citadel go 8-0 in the SoCon AGAIN? I would think that y'all would want to not see the Cadets go through your teams like **** though a goose over and over again...

Since the Mercer and UTC games last year were on Fox Sports South, I DVR'd them. I've given my wife an edict that she is not to erase them. At least until I get tired of watching them. Don't think we have any on Fox this year, only ESPN3. Wish I could figure out how to save them.

longtimemocfan
July 27th, 2017, 03:10 PM

Better look again Catamount Man. Game is on ESPN. The Guardian Classic that starts the football season for ESPN.

Catamount87
July 27th, 2017, 06:49 PM
That is an ongoing issue with ESPN3. Direct subscriptions are not allowed, you must have cable or satellite or some intermediate provider, and that provider can limit the devices on which you can view ESPN streaming content.

I checked earlier today and YAY they finally have DirecTV has an option! I used my login and it works, double YAY!

catamount man
July 27th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Better look again Catamount Man. Game is on ESPN. The Guardian Classic that starts the football season for ESPN. You missed the SANS part apparently.

catamount man
July 28th, 2017, 04:02 PM
WCU at Hawaii's time of kickoff announced today. 12AM ET/6PM ET Hawaii. I can sleep with the internet on. HA! GO CATS!!!

ElCid
July 28th, 2017, 04:06 PM
WCU at Hawaii's time of kickoff announced today. 12AM ET/6PM ET Hawaii. I can sleep with the internet on. HA! GO CATS!!!

I really hope that your coach has some late night practices leading up to it.xthumbsupx Got to get acclimated to that time.

catamount man
July 28th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I really hope that your coach has some late night practices leading up to it.xthumbsupx Got to get acclimated to that time. Would be nice. This is nothing more, IMO, of our AD just grabbing some more quick cash. Glad 2017 is the last year for two FBS games. Catamount Club did set another record fiscal year in 16-17 and that is about the 5th year in a row so we're filling the coffers compared to the days of the early 2000s. Finally have some leadership at both the school and athletics dept. Just gotta keep building. GO CATS!!!

ElCid
July 28th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Would be nice. This is nothing more, IMO, of our AD just grabbing some more quick cash. Glad 2017 is the last year for two FBS games. Catamount Club did set another record fiscal year in 16-17 and that is about the 5th year in a row so we're filling the coffers compared to the days of the early 2000s. Finally have some leadership at both the school and athletics dept. Just gotta keep building. GO CATS!!!

But I think you guys can actually win this one. Hawaii is not really that good. They always have jet lag as the 12th player though.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2017, 08:27 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=211658818 Complete list.