PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Patsy Ratings: Lehigh

Lehigh Football Nation
July 22nd, 2017, 03:06 PM
https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-2017-patsy-ratings-no-3-lehigh.html

THE RANKINGS (WITH 2 To Go):

3. Lehigh - 56
T4. Georgetown, Fordham - 54
6. Bucknell - 53
7. Colgate - 48

Lehigh Football Nation
July 22nd, 2017, 03:08 PM
I'll just kick off the discussion with my own observation - In the history of the Patsy Ratings, has the gap from 3-7 ever been this tight? Less than 10 points separate these 5 schools.

TheValleyRaider
July 22nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
Random thought as we come to the end: it appears that the two best classes in the League, per these ratings, were recruited by the new guy and the guy most likely to be fired

RichH2
July 22nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
Pretty much on point. For LU a solid class particularly adding in the 4 PWOS.
One nitpick tho. Disgree on LB needs. Yup we lost all 4. However, we have a lot of LBs returning. Only a few with PT at LB. Lots of highly regarded soph and some jr moving up. Not a need this year. For me I would have liked a few more DL. Oh well definitely a major need for next year.

van
July 22nd, 2017, 04:13 PM
Pretty much on point. For LU a solid class particularly adding in the 4 PWOS.
One nitpick tho. Disgree on LB needs. Yup we lost all 4. However, we have a lot of LBs returning. Only a few with PT at LB. Lots of highly regarded soph and some jr moving up. Not a need this year. For me I would have liked a few more DL. Oh well definitely a major need for next year.

+1

3 probable starters on DL leaving next year, I would have that as a greater need than LB, since Coen is very good at recruiting balanced classes, need for #'s is rarely the issue, need for quality is where I put emphasis so LB or DL needs not much different perhaps

Oh, and no speed numbers? hope there is some speed in there someplace

RichH2
July 22nd, 2017, 05:59 PM
Yup really is. At WR and CB just no objective ie 3rd party #s.

carney2
July 23rd, 2017, 07:17 PM
Oh, and no speed numbers? hope there is some speed in there someplace

The lack of speed points is not an indication that there is no speed in the group. When you are dealing with recruits who are not headed for Power 5 schools, that kind of information is hard to come by.

ngineer
July 23rd, 2017, 11:16 PM
Going with a 4-2-5 defense lessens need for the 'classic' LB in large numbers. Appears they are going for the 'rover' types - hybrids of CBs and LBs. Likely some movement among the masses as well. As noted, Coen usually gets a decent distributution. Depth is critical in light of less numbers on the field.

RichH2
July 24th, 2017, 08:52 AM
13 LBs returning for the 2 LB slots and Rover. Not a need this year.

Fordham
July 24th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Same coaching staff returning on the defensive side of the ball?

The heavy rover D makes sense with all of the pass happy spread O's and mobile QB's imo.

RichH2
July 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM
No.Prior DC on staff as Advisor now. Coach Sutyak now the DC. A much more aggressive philosophy.

ngineer
July 24th, 2017, 09:16 PM
No.Prior DC on staff as Advisor now. Coach Sutyak now the DC. A much more aggressive philosophy.

We hope....(;-)