PDA

View Full Version : Fordham Rams - 2007 Schedule (unofficial)

Fordham
January 29th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Since we have not officially released this yet, this is the best idea of our skid based upon what posters on our board were able to piece together. I've been told that the URI game is in pencil right now but hopefully it'll stick.

9/1 @ URI
9/8 Albany
9/15 Columbia
9/22 Dayton
9/29 @ Colgate
10/6 Lehigh
10/13 @ Georgetown
10/20 @ Lafayette
10/27 @ Marist
11/3 Holy Cross
11/17 Bucknell

Improvement over last year imo as long as URI sticks. Would prefer to have one more Ivy to replace either Dayton or Marist in future skids. No knock to either but it would help re-energize the Ivy-Patriot relationship for us, which has deteriorated much more than at other PL schools of late.

The other disappointment for me is that G-town is not our last game this year. Along with HC, they are our closest rivals in the PL (the Jesuit thing) and it was nice having them as the final game of the season each year.

Cobblestone
January 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
We've got you guys on our schedule for 9/1 as well so I would say it's a GO. I haven't heard about any possible cancellation.

DetroitFlyer
January 29th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Of course as a Flyers fan, I am very happy with the Fordham game. For Dayton, it represents an upgrade in our schedule and is similar to our "series" with Yale a few years back. Based on the 2006 GPI, this should also be a very competitive game. As you probably know, my Flyers had a terrible 2006 campaign and will be looking to rebound in 2007. I have also heard rumors that UD might put together a charter flight / trip to the game. I have never been to Fordham, and I would love to make the trip in September! Being A10 rivals in basketball, I hope that this series help attendance at Fordham and at Dayton! I hope this is the beginning of a longer term deal with Fordham or other PL teams for my Flyers!

flea
January 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
thanks for posting it

danefan
January 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Since we have not officially released this yet, this is the best idea of our skid based upon what posters on our board were able to piece together. I've been told that the URI game is in pencil right now but hopefully it'll stick.

9/1 @ URI
9/8 Albany
9/15 Columbia
9/22 Dayton
9/29 @ Colgate
10/6 Lehigh
10/13 @ Georgetown
10/20 @ Lafayette
10/27 @ Marist
11/3 Holy Cross
11/17 Bucknell

Improvement over last year imo as long as URI sticks. Would prefer to have one more Ivy to replace either Dayton or Marist in future skids. No knock to either but it would help re-energize the Ivy-Patriot relationship for us, which has deteriorated much more than at other PL schools of late.

The other disappointment for me is that G-town is not our last game this year. Along with HC, they are our closest rivals in the PL (the Jesuit thing) and it was nice having them as the final game of the season each year.

Nice to see the Albany-Fordham rivalry in the making continues on the weekend of 9/11 remembrances. Its nice to have a NY state rival for that weekend.

carney2
January 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM

A good point. I would love to see the Patriot League lock in that Saturday before Thanksgiving as a "rivalry weekend." Lafayette - Lehigh is the only one cast in stone at the moment, but Bucknell - Colgate seems like a natural to me. The other three (Fordham, Georgetown and Holy Cross) are pretty much a mix and match with someone unfortunately on the outside looking in. Borrowing from Chuck Burton's (LFN's) comments in another thread, wouldn't Marist be a perfect fit for breaking this deadlock?

th0m
January 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Don't sleep on URI just yet. With all the misdirection and option offense, they can surely steal away some sure "W's" from certain teams. I still remember our game with them last year. I do like the mix of OOC teams scheduled. Good luck!

Ken_Z
January 29th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I would love to see the Patriot League lock in that Saturday before Thanksgiving as a "rivalry weekend." Lafayette - Lehigh is the only one cast in stone at the moment, but Bucknell - Colgate seems like a natural to me. The other three (Fordham, Georgetown and Holy Cross) are pretty much a mix and match with someone unfortunately on the outside looking in. Borrowing from Chuck Burton's (LFN's) comments in another thread, wouldn't Marist be a perfect fit for breaking this deadlock?

i agree on the rivalry thing. on the one hand you can't dictate a rivalry, but we have done so in basketball where we rivalry weekends based on the two naturals: Lehigh-Lafayette and Army-Navy. Colgate-Bucknell was chosen there (and i strongly suspect our president likes that choice); seems it would be natural to reinforce the concept by designating it as such in football.

TheValleyRaider
January 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
i agree on the rivalry thing. on the one hand you can't dictate a rivalry, but we have done so in basketball where we rivalry weekends based on the two naturals: Lehigh-Lafayette and Army-Navy. Colgate-Bucknell was chosen there (and i strongly suspect our president likes that choice); seems it would be natural to reinforce the concept by designating it as such in football.

Bucknell would seem to be our natural FB rival, certainly. Minus the two blowouts in '03 and '04, the games have been close and definately exciting. Plus, you rhyme with Cornell, and we love playing Cornell :thumbsup: xlolx

Go...gate
January 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Nice upgrade to Fordham's schedule.

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 05:27 AM
A good point. I would love to see the Patriot League lock in that Saturday before Thanksgiving as a "rivalry weekend." Lafayette - Lehigh is the only one cast in stone at the moment, but Bucknell - Colgate seems like a natural to me. The other three (Fordham, Georgetown and Holy Cross) are pretty much a mix and match with someone unfortunately on the outside looking in. Borrowing from Chuck Burton's (LFN's) comments in another thread, wouldn't Marist be a perfect fit for breaking this deadlock?

It's going to be hard for any school to establish a "rivalry weekend" game with Holy Cross. Holy Cross had a "rivalry weekend" game with BC for many, many years which ended in the mid-1980s. I know a fair number of HC alumni and most of those guys pine for the day of bigger football and still consider BC their football rival. I don't know if they are of the mind to accept a new school as their "rivalry weekend" opponent.

Georgetown is Fordham's most commonly played opponent (today's Fordham fact) in a series dating back to 1893. Like Fordham, many of Georgetown's traditional foes have either stopped playing football or still play big-time football. There is a common history to the two programs, which includes an extensive period as a national power, discontinuation of football, and the re-establishment of football on a smaller basis with a gradual movement back to the Division I level. Perhaps this would provide fuel to fire up a "rivalry weekend" arrangement.

And besides, Hoyas suck!;)

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM

9/1 @ URI
9/8 Albany
9/15 Columbia
9/22 Dayton
9/29 @ Colgate
10/6 Lehigh
10/13 @ Georgetown
10/20 @ Lafayette
10/27 @ Marist
11/3 Holy Cross
11/17 Bucknell

I have nothing against scheduling Albany, Dayton or Marist but I don't want to see all three in one year. Then again, this schedule might be perfect for the re-building Rams.

Fortunately, Fordham ramps up the schedule in future years. PaRam, as you probably know, your request for more Ivies has been granted starting next year. Yale gets added to the schedule but I'm not sure at which team's expense. We host Yale in 2010. Apparently there was discussion for games with Yale in 2012 and 2014 but I'm not sure if that gone done.

Who's off the schedule in 2008 to accomodate the Yale game? I've heard rumors that we signed another two-year deal with Albany continuing that series to at least 2009. Our deal with Dayton is for a home-and-home so that puts us at Dayton in 2008. URI still owes us a game for the one it cancelled last season. So I'm guessing Marist is the one to go.

In future years, Fordham has also added Harvard, Brown, Villanova, and Cornell to schedules. I've also heard a rumor that Dartmouth will be on some future schedules. I'm not sure about the dates on these, however, although I know that because of the Ivy League practice of scheduling several years in advance, the Harvard games do not start until 2014.

Anyway, PaRam, I'm sure none of this is news to you since it has been reported already on the Fordham board.

danefan
January 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I have nothing against scheduling Albany, Dayton or Marist but I don't want to see all three in one year. Then again, this schedule might be perfect for the re-building Rams.

Fortunately, Fordham ramps up the schedule in future years. PaRam, as you probably know, your request for more Ivies has been granted starting next year. Yale gets added to the schedule but I'm not sure at which team's expense. We host Yale in 2010. Apparently there was discussion for games with Yale in 2012 and 2014 but I'm not sure if that gone done.

Who's off the schedule in 2008 to accomodate the Yale game? I've heard rumors that we signed another two-year deal with Albany continuing that series to at least 2009. Our deal with Dayton is for a home-and-home so that puts us at Dayton in 2008. URI still owes us a game for the one it cancelled last season. So I'm guessing Marist is the one to go.

In future years, Fordham has also added Harvard, Brown, Villanova, and Cornell to schedules. I've also heard a rumor that Dartmouth will be on some future schedules. I'm not sure about the dates on these, however, although I know that because of the Ivy League practice of scheduling several years in advance, the Harvard games do not start until 2014.

Anyway, PaRam, I'm sure none of this is news to you since it has been reported already on the Fordham board.

Isn't it about time that Albany and other top-tier NEC teams (Central Conn & Monmouth) are considered the equivalents of PL and Ivy teams? Records and recent seasons have proven so, haven't they?

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Isn't it about time that Albany and other top-tier NEC teams (Central Conn & Monmouth) are considered the equivalents of PL and Ivy teams? Records and recent seasons have proven so, haven't they?

Speaking for the most avid Fordham fans I know they truly are danefan. To me (as I put above), this is all about trying to re-establish ties with the Ivies that we were promised would form our OOC skid back when joining the PL v. trying to knock the level of play of the NEC schools. If you look at the PL OOC schedules Fordham is really the only school that doesn't play numerous Ivies year-in, year-out (however that does seem to be changing per Joe's post above).

On the Fordham board the reasons for this are usually listed as a complaint the Ivies had about our facilities AND the fact that at least every other year they all get to play in NYC for their alums there when they play Columbia, so they really didn't need the NYC trip as other schools might. The other reason thrown around is that Coach Clawson reportedly pushed for more NEC, et. al. schools because he wanted wins in order to try to make the playoffs. Everyone now recognizes that these schools are no longer 'gimmes' by any stretch for us, so it eliminates another reason for having a schedule loaded with them (while also reinforcing your point above about respect - you've got it from us). Now that our facilities were upgraded, thus supposedly eliminating the other reason we don't play the Ivies, it really comes down to "if all things are equal from a competitive standpoint, why are we NOT playing Ivies like the other PL schools?" argument that most Fordham fans have. I agree with that.

Of all the current NEC schools, Albany is the one I think we clearly have the biggest rivalry with given our DIII competition with them and the tough games we've played the past few years and I'd like to see you guys on our schedule regardless of where you end up. I also don't think there's any doubt that with what you guys have returning, you will be favored in this year's game.

It just takes time to change perceptions but you guys are doing everything necessary to do so and therefore it's just a matter of time until the rest of the league and I-AA overall catches up in having their perceptions meet reality. For me, that paradigm shift occurred in '05 and then was really solidified by the overall (not solely v. Fordham) conference performance in '06. I know I used to view these schools as the 'gimmes' on the schedule but not at all anymore. It's now viewed as a very tough OOC game for us ... at least by me and those I know that are close to the program (and which is definitely true of our staff who came from CCSU and really respects the heck out of the level of play there).

Hope that clarifies the push for the Ivies you've heard here.

danefan
January 30th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Speaking for the most avid Fordham fans I know they truly are danefan. To me (as I put above), this is all about trying to re-establish ties with the Ivies that we were promised would form our OOC skid back when joining the PL v. trying to knock the level of play of the NEC schools. If you look at the PL OOC schedules Fordham is really the only school that doesn't play numerous Ivies year-in, year-out (however that does seem to be changing per Joe's post above).

On the Fordham board the reasons for this are usually listed as a complaint the Ivies had about our facilities AND the fact that at least every other year they all get to play in NYC for their alums there when they play Columbia, so they really didn't need the NYC trip as other schools might. The other reason thrown around is that Coach Clawson reportedly pushed for more NEC, et. al. schools because he wanted wins in order to try to make the playoffs. Everyone now recognizes that these schools are no longer 'gimmes' by any stretch for us, so it eliminates another reason for having a schedule loaded with them (while also reinforcing your point above about respect - you've got it from us). Now that our facilities were upgraded, thus supposedly eliminating the other reason we don't play the Ivies, it really comes down to "if all things are equal from a competitive standpoint, why are we NOT playing Ivies like the other PL schools?" argument that most Fordham fans have. I agree with that.

Of all the current NEC schools, Albany is the one I think we clearly have the biggest rivalry with given our DIII competition with them and the tough games we've played the past few years and I'd like to see you guys on our schedule regardless of where you end up. I also don't think there's any doubt that with what you guys have returning, you will be favored in this year's game.

It just takes time to change perceptions but you guys are doing everything necessary to do so and therefore it's just a matter of time until the rest of the league and I-AA overall catches up in having their perceptions meet reality. For me, that paradigm shift occurred in '05 and then was really solidified by the overall (not solely v. Fordham) conference performance in '06. I know I used to view these schools as the 'gimmes' on the schedule but not at all anymore. It's now viewed as a very tough OOC game for us ... at least by me and those I know that are close to the program (and which is definitely true of our staff who came from CCSU and really respects the heck out of the level of play there).

Hope that clarifies the push for the Ivies you've heard here.

Gotcha. I really like the Fordham/Albany rivalry and I think both schools should try and keep the game on a yearly basis as long as possible.

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 09:24 AM

You're right. It was unfair of me to lump in Albany with PFL and MAAC teams. My point was really as explained above by PaRam. I agree that Albany/Fordham has all the makings of a potentially nice OOC rivalry. If I hear anything for certain about the extension of the contract, I'll post something.

Ideally, the Fordham schedule would have the six PL games, 2 Ivy games, 2 A-10 games, and Albany as OOC rivalry.

carney2
January 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Ideally, the Fordham schedule would have the six PL games, 2 Ivy games, 2 A-10 games, and Albany as OOC rivalry.

A real nice balance. Can you send your remarks to Bruce McCutcheon, the AD at Lafayette? His speed dial is stuck on Ivy.

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM
A real nice balance. Can you send your remarks to Bruce McCutcheon, the AD at Lafayette? His speed dial is stuck on Ivy.

Supposedly that was Eve Atkinson's doing. McC and Tavani want to do something different, although I don't know what....

Nice schedule Fordham, we want the same format you want really... 6 PL, 2-3 Ivy, 1 A10, 1 MAAC/NEC

I'm just glad you stopped playing CW Post... you were the last team in the PL playing D3 teams I believe. (or D2).

carney2
January 30th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Supposedly that was Eve Atkinson's doing. McC and Tavani want to do something different, although I don't know what....

I've heard this too. However

Columbia knocked us off of their schedule last year.

The home-and-home with Monmouth somehow "did not get finalized."

These things can be changed - and frequently are.

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Nice schedule Fordham, we want the same format you want really... 6 PL, 2-3 Ivy, 1 A10, 1 MAAC/NEC

I'm just glad you stopped playing CW Post... you were the last team in the PL playing D3 teams I believe. (or D2).

CW Post was a Division II fill-in game in 2003. I forget who it was but someone cancelled on us. That caused a last-minute scramble to find a game. Prior to 2003, Fordham last played CW Post in 1989 when Post was still Division III and Fordham was transitioning from Division III to I-AA.

MylesKnight
January 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
A bit of a question for Fordham Folks out there.. Definitely no smack intended, but wondering why over on one of the PL Boards, some other Fans of PL Schools keep throwing jabs concerning Fordham dropping Football.. What's up with this garbage?

Heck, Fordham won the PL and made an appearance in the Playoffs a handful of years back.

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
A bit of a question for Fordham Folks out there.. Definitely no smack intended, but wondering why over on one of the PL Boards, some other Fans of PL Schools keep throwing jabs concerning Fordham dropping Football.. What's up with this garbage?

Heck, Fordham won the PL and made an appearance in the Playoffs a handful of years back.

Those guys throwing those jabs aren't from other schools. They are Fordham graduates from the Class of 2001. I know several of them by name.

I'd say that there are about 4-5 of them and they have formed some loose "organization" called "Abolish Fordham Football." They do nothing but post messages, often foul and abusive messages, on message boards. Because of their frequent use of vulgarities, they have all been banned from the Fordham sports boards.

These guys at some point during their college years had some social altercation with some members of the football team. I was told that a football player "stole" a girlfriend of one of these guys but I don't know if that is actually the root of the animosity. In any event, these guys still hold a grudge for some reason 5 1/2 years after leaving college. xidiotx

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM

I think the PL/Ivy scheduling compact worked fine when both leagues prohibited post-season play.

But now that the PL allows post-season play, a PL team scheduling four teams from a non-playoff league can only hurt if it is looking for an at-large. We now know that the PL can get multiple bids and that a PL team can get into the playoffs even if it is not the league champion. In order to get an at-large though, a team needs to show some solid play against playoff conferences.

:twocents:

Fordham
January 30th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I dunno Joe. If Laffy runs their Ivy table and then finishes second in the league to us, you think the reason they wouldn't get an at large is b/c of too many games v. the non-playoff Ivy League?

I would tend to think that running the table there against the schedule would get them in (this is assuming that their only other PL loss would be to us and that they beat Marist).

cosmo here
January 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I think the PL/Ivy scheduling compact worked fine when both leagues prohibited post-season play.

But now that the PL allows post-season play, a PL team scheduling four teams from a non-playoff league can only hurt if it is looking for an at-large. We now know that the PL can get multiple bids and that a PL team can get into the playoffs even if it is not the league champion. In order to get an at-large though, a team needs to show some solid play against playoff conferences.

:twocents:

in 2005 Lafayette got into the playoffs as an at-large with non-league wins over Marist, Richmond and Columbia, and losses to Princeton and Harvard. that's 1-2 against the non-playoff Ivy and it still worked out pretty well for them . .

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2007, 09:55 PM
in 2005 Lafayette got into the playoffs as an at-large with non-league wins over Marist, Richmond and Columbia, and losses to Princeton and Harvard. that's 1-2 against the non-playoff Ivy and it still worked out pretty well for them . .

True, but then again I doubt they would have been in except for the fact that they were co-champions of the Patriot League.

I still stand by my point although I should not have been so categorical. It certainly helps when looking for an at-large to have scheduled and played well against some playoff conferences.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Bucknell would seem to be our natural FB rival, certainly. Minus the two blowouts in '03 and '04, the games have been close and definately exciting. Plus, you rhyme with Cornell, and we love playing Cornell :thumbsup: xlolx

Edit: SUNY-Ithaca;)

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Glad to see we're going to the Bronx in early October. The last two trips in late, November I froze my azz off. For some reason the wind seems to just whip across the field into the grandstand.

carney2
January 31st, 2007, 08:07 AM
I definitely see Fordham running the table this year.

Fordham
January 31st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I definitely see Fordham running the table this year.

HA! :thumbsup:

Cobblestone
January 31st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Those guys throwing those jabs aren't from other schools. They are Fordham graduates from the Class of 2001. I know several of them by name.

I'd say that there are about 4-5 of them and they have formed some loose "organization" called "Abolish Fordham Football." They do nothing but post messages, often foul and abusive messages, on message boards. Because of their frequent use of vulgarities, they have all been banned from the Fordham sports boards.

These guys at some point during their college years had some social altercation with some members of the football team. I was told that a football player "stole" a girlfriend of one of these guys but I don't know if that is actually the root of the animosity. In any event, these guys still hold a grudge for some reason 5 1/2 years after leaving college. xidiotx

What a bunch of pussies. xlolx

Fordham
January 31st, 2007, 08:53 AM
We've got you guys on our schedule for 9/1 as well so I would say it's a GO. I haven't heard about any possible cancellation.

stone I meant to reply to this earlier but I believe that the person who posted about the URI game on our board actually got it here from you or another URI poster, so it really comes down to how solid your info was. When I heard about this possibly being up in the air, though, it didn't have anything to do with a lack of desire on either school's part to have the game but rather with a reference that was made to the 12th game issue and having the NCAA allow it. (?) I didn't check out the rest of your skid to know if you have any issues there but I know that we don't ... therefore as long as you guys don't this should be a go. The person who told me that also didn't have any more detail behind it so it could be flimsy but I still didn't want to report it as anything other than 'unofficial' since I was told that the game is still written in pencil.

Cobblestone
January 31st, 2007, 09:00 AM
stone I meant to reply to this earlier but I believe that the person who posted about the URI game on our board actually got it here from you or another URI poster, so it really comes down to how solid your info was. When I heard about this possibly being up in the air, though, it didn't have anything to do with a lack of desire on either school's part to have the game but rather with a reference that was made to the 12th game issue and having the NCAA allow it. (?) I didn't check out the rest of your skid to know if you have any issues there but I know that we don't ... therefore as long as you guys don't this should be a go. The person who told me that also didn't have any more detail behind it so it could be flimsy but I still didn't want to report it as anything other than 'unofficial' since I was told that the game is still written in pencil.

My info is only based on what I saw on our schedule and casual conversations I've had with those close to our program. We've got 11 games scheduled and you guys are first. BTW, I'll be on your campus this Saturday (2/3) I'll part of a bus trip going to the basketball game at Rose Hill, looking forward to it.

JoltinJoe
January 31st, 2007, 09:06 AM
BTW, I'll be on your campus this Saturday (2/3) I'll part of a bus trip going to the basketball game at Rose Hill, looking forward to it.

Hope you have a good time Saturday -- but not too much of a good time. ;)

Fordham
January 31st, 2007, 09:24 AM
My info is only based on what I saw on our schedule and casual conversations I've had with those close to our program. We've got 11 games scheduled and you guys are first. BTW, I'll be on your campus this Saturday (2/3) I'll part of a bus trip going to the basketball game at Rose Hill, looking forward to it.

have fun. hope the weather is good enough that you can enjoy the campus a bit. not sure if you'd like some restaurant/local-stuff info but campus is right next to Littly It-lee in the Bronx so there are some great spots to eat if you have the chance (not sure if the bus trip will preclude that or not).

it'll be good to see a Rams win this weekend. you guys have really been playing great, so hopefully it'll end up being the 'good' Rams that get the victory though.

Cobblestone
January 31st, 2007, 09:31 AM
have fun. hope the weather is good enough that you can enjoy the campus a bit. not sure if you'd like some restaurant/local-stuff info but campus is right next to Littly It-lee in the Bronx so there are some great spots to eat if you have the chance (not sure if the bus trip will preclude that or not).

it'll be good to see a Rams win this weekend. you guys have really been playing great, so hopefully it'll end up being the 'good' Rams that get the victory though.

Thanks guys. It'd be great to go to Little Italy (The Pope of Greenwich Village is one of my favorite movies) but the bus trip won't allow it. Oh well, Rose Hill is a nice cozy place to watch a game and I always enjoy watching your dance team perform.Young women shaking their stuff is never a bad thing. :smiley_wi

Go...gate
January 31st, 2007, 11:32 AM
You're right. It was unfair of me to lump in Albany with PFL and MAAC teams. My point was really as explained above by PaRam. I agree that Albany/Fordham has all the makings of a potentially nice OOC rivalry. If I hear anything for certain about the extension of the contract, I'll post something.

With the increasing anxiety of athletic administrators regarding travel costs, you have to think that Albany will get a lot of match-ups outside the NEC with metro rivals Fordham, Cornell, Colgate, Columbia, Hofstra, Lafayette, Lehigh (right out US Rt.22/78) and possibly UConn, Army and Rutgers (if Rutgers is scheduling the MEAC, why not a more local rival?).

Go...gate
January 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
What a bunch of pussies. xlolx

The AFF guys give the First Amendment a bad name.

TheValleyRaider
January 31st, 2007, 06:24 PM
Edit: SUNY-Ithaca;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
CW Post was a Division II fill-in game in 2003. I forget who it was but someone cancelled on us. That caused a last-minute scramble to find a game. Prior to 2003, Fordham last played CW Post in 1989 when Post was still Division III and Fordham was transitioning from Division III to I-AA.

Ah ok, I thought you played CW Post more than once... but I do recall another D2 in there... perhaps New Haven?