This has been kicked around a few times over on TSC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJz-DSZUv1I

Anyone else noticed it on TV?

KJ Eagle
January 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
This has been kicked around a few times over on TSC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJz-DSZUv1I

Anyone else noticed it on TV?

Thanks for the link. I saw it the other day and about fell out of my chair.

ysuindy
January 29th, 2007, 09:30 PM
What run? I don't remember any run? xlolx xlolx

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 29th, 2007, 09:52 PM
What run? I don't remember any run? xlolx xlolx

Maybe because you are suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome???

FlyYtown
January 29th, 2007, 10:22 PM
LOL...Nice one

GoGuins
January 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'm boycotting Searsxlolx

bobbythekidd
January 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I have $100 on this one with a Sears marketing exec. I need 1000 views in a week. Time started on Saturday. HELP ME OUT!!!!

ButlerGSU
January 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm boycotting Searsxlolx

Don't do that, the run looks great on their new HD flat screen TVs.

mcveyrl
January 30th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Wonder how they chose that clip? I would think it's still protected. My first reaction is that they bought it for cheap, but I would think that somebody would want to hold on to the rights for "The Run."

Anybody have any knowledge on this?

BigApp
January 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I saw that the other day. My wife thought I was loco for noticing who the teams were...

KJ Eagle
January 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I saw that the other day. My wife thought I was loco for noticing who the teams were...

Mine, too. I saw just the tail end of it, where the screens are even smaller than at the beginning. When I jumped up and yelled that it was the run, my wife just shook her head and said that there is something seriously wrong with me. She's probably right, though...xidiotx

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Mine, too. I saw just the tail end of it, where the screens are even smaller than at the beginning. When I jumped up and yelled that it was the run, my wife just shook her head and said that there is something seriously wrong with me. She's probably right, though...xidiotx

It's hard to explain the concept to women.... that they chose to put footage from the GSU YSU championship game on there rather than NFL or FBS game footage:) Maybe it was less cumbersome or expensive to use an FCS game.

On this one movie I watched on TV one time I swear I saw one of the characters watching TV with footage from GSU's '89 national championship with Stephen F. Austin...don't remember what it was called.

SouthernEagle02
January 30th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Nope its easy to see why they chose that clip. Sears is (maybe was now) based in Chicago and A.P. is a stand out special teams player for the Bears and might (and yes I stress the might) become the Bear's #2 back next season. But hey, maybe then again AP will become Sear's new spokesperson.

BTW, wonder if I show Sear's my GSU student ID I'll get a discount on one?

bobbythekidd
January 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Nope its easy to see why they chose that clip. Sears is (maybe was now) based in Chicago and A.P. is a stand out special teams player for the Bears and might (and yes I stress the might) become the Bear's #2 back next season. But hey, maybe then again AP will become Sear's new spokesperson.

If you ever met AP you would know he has little chance at being spokesman for anyone. While he is a humble and likable guy, his stuttering may be an issue. His family is 100% great as well. I really enjoyed Micheal, fun guy, great personality, and not a bit of ego in him. (I hope that is NOT the case on the field).

If you knew Sears you would know you ain't getting crap for being a GSU student.:mad:

SouthernEagle02
January 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Met him, lived down the hallway from him in Kennedy, and I'm looking forward to him being able to wear two NCAA nat'l champ rings plus a Super Bowl ring. :) Yeah I know about Sears and thier stingy ways, but hey they could always redeem themselves.

mcveyrl
January 31st, 2007, 07:22 AM

Then why not get a Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson clip?

Plus, they don't even show the amazing part of the run, so few people will recognize it. I bet there's not 100 people in Chicago that recognize that as "The Run."

ysubigred
January 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Then why not get a Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson clip?

Plus, they don't even show the amazing part of the run, so few people will recognize it. I bet there's not 100 people in Chicago that recognize that as "The Run."

Yea, that's what I was thinking!! So what AP got lucky on a run or two

:D xazzx :D

th0m
January 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Sweet!

NoCoDanny
January 31st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Usually they use USFL footage for these types of generic football clips. That stuff is pretty ancient now though.