PDA

View Full Version : 50 days untill the Battle of Baltimore

etiger
July 13th, 2017, 03:56 PM
https://scontent.fphl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19989288_1370021549720482_8742319489461213876_n.jp g?oh=2a3c747ca5014596c096669380b55376&oe=59FE9AC0

jmufan999
July 13th, 2017, 03:57 PM
come on, man. I know you're excited, but... come on. this is going to be a blood bath.

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 03:59 PM
come on, man. I know you're excited, but... come on. this is going to be a blood bath.

or Riot

ASU33
July 13th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Tigers by 20+ and a crowd of maybe 5,000

JSUSoutherner
July 13th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Who is Morgan State?

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Tigers by 20+ and a crowd of maybe 50

FYP

And that's generous considering their showing at a national championship game....

Bucs2016
July 13th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Reading Baltimore Sun crime reports it appears the battle of Baltimore has been ongoing for quite some time.

etiger
July 13th, 2017, 05:28 PM
This is a good thing for Baltimore and Towson. Yes, I think Towson wins big, but the excitement this will generate in the Baltimore Area will be a blessing for TU. Local TV stations will be talking about this game for a week before the game. Talk Radio will talk about it. This will lead to more interest in TU Football, especially when we end up winning 8/9 games this year and make the playoff's!!!!

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 05:30 PM
This is a good thing for Baltimore and Towson. Yes, I think Towson wins big, but the excitement this will generate in the Baltimore Area will be a blessing for TU. 10 more people will be talking about this game for a week before the game. AGS will talk about it. This will lead to no more interest in TU Football, especially when we end up winning 8/9 games this year and make the playoff's where nobody will show up for a game!!!!

FYP

ASU33
July 13th, 2017, 06:06 PM
FYP

And that's generous considering their showing at a national championship game....

I was considering the fact that they're less than 10 miles away from each other. Morgan State fans only show up for 2-3 games per year.

BisonTru
July 13th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Who is Morgan State?

They are the last MEAC team to make the playoffs.

ASU33
July 13th, 2017, 06:50 PM
They are the last MEAC team to make the playoffs.

That would be North Carolina A&T last season

BisonTru
July 13th, 2017, 07:08 PM
That would be North Carolina A&T last season

Damnit, youre right. I forgot about that. We gave a conference that doesn't want to be part of our playoffs a spot. Over more deserving teams. IMNHO.

caribbeanhen
July 13th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Reading Baltimore Sun crime reports it appears the battle of Baltimore has been ongoing for quite some time.

What would Francis Scott Key say today 203 years later

Oh, say, can you see, times be surely gettin tight,
Colt 45 for breakfast morning noon and night
Democratic promises of welfare and unemployment thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the the reality TV shows we watched on our free internet streaming all damn day and throughout the night
And the AK-47s red glare, the bullets rang out bursting in air, another kid dies in the cross fire yet innocently strangely ignored for 8 years in DC
Gave proof yo we need to stand up and realize the Dems haven't really been here for our fight

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 13th, 2017, 08:28 PM
FYP

Towson was lucky if they had 1K at that game. I sat in their section right on the 50. They were pretty chirpy for about a quarter then nothing....xlolx

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Towson was lucky if they had 1K at that game. I sat in their quarter-section right on the 50. They were pretty chirpy for about a quarter then nothing....xlolx

FYP

UNHWildcat18
July 13th, 2017, 09:21 PM
FYP

Most teams don't live where an FCS football team is the only sports entertainment for 400 miles and don't have a nice dome to play in all year. Posters are just excited about their teams making moves to hopefully bring more interest to their respective programs. Such a negative nancy

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Most teams don't live where an FCS football team is the only sports entertainment for 400 miles and don't have a nice dome to play in all year. Posters are just excited about their teams making moves to hopefully bring more interest to their respective programs. Such a negative nancy

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder748/55150748.jpg

BucBisonAtLarge
July 13th, 2017, 11:11 PM
+1

UNHWildcat18
July 13th, 2017, 11:49 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder748/55150748.jpg
the classic spidey cry meme,, taking the easy response route I see. Should have guessed as much

cx500d
July 13th, 2017, 11:56 PM
the classic spidey cry meme,, taking the easy response route I see. Should have guessed as much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMGPvjPtM8

UNHWildcat18
July 14th, 2017, 01:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMGPvjPtM8

lol???? Don't get me wrong I love talking smack with people and watching other people talk smack, just don't understand why you were so adamant to change posts to put down posters excited about their smaller programs trying to advance themselves. Apparently you think I'm some just some SJW huffing and puffing over here though.......smh

cx500d
July 14th, 2017, 05:26 AM
lol???? Don't get me wrong I love talking smack with people and watching other people talk smack, just don't understand why you were so adamant to change posts to put down posters excited about their smaller programs trying to advance themselves. Apparently you think I'm some just some SJW huffing and puffing over here though.......smh

Basically because they weren't excited when they had a national championship within their grasp, why would you expect them to be excited when they are just meh and playing a just meh game?

CHIP72
July 14th, 2017, 06:46 AM
This is a good thing for Baltimore and Towson. Yes, I think Towson wins big, but the excitement this will generate in the Baltimore Area will be a blessing for TU. Local TV stations will be talking about this game for a week before the game. Talk Radio will talk about it. This will lead to more interest in TU Football, especially when we end up winning 8/9 games this year and make the playoff's!!!!

To be honest, I think the game will mean very little in Baltimore, even though I personally think it is a great thing that Towson and Morgan State are playing each other. Look at when the Baltimore area DI schools (specifically Towson, Morgan State, Coppin State, Loyola, and UMBC) have tried to organize intra-Baltimore college basketball doubleheaders emphasizing and showcasing Baltimore college basketball - few people cared. Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.

PAllen
July 14th, 2017, 07:23 AM

I hope you're right. Having local interest in this rivalry could make it a great thing. What's with the "for greater Baltimore" thing? Towson is the seat of Baltimore County and the zip code abuts the city line. What is it, like a mile from the stadium to the city line? All I know is in high school we marched it as part of a parade to reopen that shopping center down there. We didn't even take a bus back, we just walked back up York Rd along the sidewalk.

PAllen
July 14th, 2017, 07:28 AM
To be honest, I think the game will mean very little in Baltimore, even though I personally think it is a great thing that Towson and Morgan State are playing each other. Look at when the Baltimore area DI schools (specifically Towson, Morgan State, Coppin State, Loyola, and UMBC) have tried to organize intra-Baltimore college basketball doubleheaders emphasizing and showcasing Baltimore college basketball - few people cared. Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.

The local lacrosse rivalries between Hopkins, Loyola, and Towson have done well, but their campuses are so close they almost touch (JHU and Loyola technically do), but yeah FCS football isn't a huge draw. I'd love to see it get there though. Of course it would help if Loyola would start up a program (hint, hint, hint)

UIWWildthing
July 14th, 2017, 08:15 AM
I'll be at the game (of course), but PAllen has it right. Lacrosse is the big sport at Towson, especially with the recent success for the Tigers making the Final Four this year. There isn't a huge fan base for Towson's football team, and there never hasn't really been to be honest.

ASU33
July 14th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Morgan State fans only get excited for Howard, Homecoming and occasionally Hampton. A few years ago they actually had a decent team but drew no local interest.

kdinva
July 14th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.

....just like NYC.....xbangx

CHIP72
July 14th, 2017, 03:22 PM
....just like NYC.....xbangx

More like just like any place that actually has a decent number of people living there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HailSzczur
July 17th, 2017, 03:08 PM
More like just like any place that actually has a decent number of people living there.

People here liked Temple football for like the 3 weeks between them beating Penn State, hosting game day, and wanting an on campus stadium.

Hell, when we won the NCAA tourney in basketball, half the city was pissed off by us and couldn't give 2 ****s.