PDA

View Full Version : NDSU All time DI team (Fargodome 25th anniversary)

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Wow....

Defense:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20032066_10155521368444532_8441486393261793320_n.j pg?oh=1063282e234d59c5aa3f289421f2cbde&oe=59FDDD04

Offense:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19961135_10155521368604532_4797965119611954984_n.j pg?oh=b648196fb46de0ef735ba1355f22bf9a&oe=59C3A70A

Some notable omissions....

Carson Wentz
Ryan Smith
Sam Ojuri
DJ McNorton
CJ Smith
Grant Olson
etc.....I could keep going. We've been spoiled these past 10+ years.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I was surprised not to see Grant Olson on there. All around LB who made a huge difference on those teams and was the heart and soul of that defense when he went down. Came back in 3 weeks from an ACL injury to play in the National Championship. I'll be honest, I am a little biased since I knew him since we were 10 or so, but still, a little shocked to not see him there.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I was surprised not to see Grant Olson on there. All around LB who made a huge difference on those teams and was the heart and soul of that defense when he went down. Came back in 3 weeks from an ACL injury to play in the National Championship. I'll be honest, I am a little biased since I knew him since we were 10 or so, but still, a little shocked to not see him there.

Yeah.......I dunno. Beck was a monster. And you can't keep Mays and Humber off the list. Hell...DeLuca bumps Beck once he is done. Same thing with Tanguay bumping Drevlow. It is a LOADED list on D.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
That O-line would also be a serviceable unit for an NFL team.... it's definitely better than what the Vikings have trotted out there the last couple years.

POD Knows
July 10th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Wow....

Defense:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20032066_10155521368444532_8441486393261793320_n.j pg?oh=1063282e234d59c5aa3f289421f2cbde&oe=59FDDD04

Offense:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19961135_10155521368604532_4797965119611954984_n.j pg?oh=b648196fb46de0ef735ba1355f22bf9a&oe=59C3A70A

Some notable omissions....

Carson Wentz
Ryan Smith
Sam Ojuri
DJ McNorton
CJ Smith
Grant Olson
etc.....I could keep going. We've been spoiled these past 10+ years.You almost have to take Jensen over Wentz, Wentz was a short timer for all practical purposes. If CJ Smith could catch a football, he probably would have had a half a dozen or more pick 6's but I would probably still put him ahead of Heagle or Dudzik. Lots of running backs to pick from, real tough choice there.

Lots of guys on this list have made NFL teams, pretty impressive.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Btw... by my count there's 67 national championship rings amongst that group of 24 players.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Btw... by my count there's 67 national championship rings amongst that group of 24 players.

Not to mention the 06 and 07 teams weren't eligible....

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Yeah.......I dunno. Beck was a monster. And you can't keep Mays and Humber off the list. Hell...DeLuca bumps Beck once he is done. Same thing with Tanguay bumping Drevlow. It is a LOADED list on D.

Beck was good, but his rap sheet was not. That said, what he does on the field does not correlate off the field.

I agree that one cannot keep 2 longtime NFLers off and DeLuca is set for a long career, but as of right now, I'd choose Olson over Beck.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Beck was good, but his rap sheet was not. That said, what he does on the field does not correlate off the field.

I agree that one cannot keep 2 longtime NFLers off and DeLuca is set for a long career, but as of right now, I'd choose Olson over Beck.

That is bull****.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 12:10 PM
That is bull****.

We do not have to get into it, but for me, that is not something I support and the evidence was against him. Also, the guy was just a tool bag off the field.

As I said, I do not hold that against him for voting, but I had Grant higher at 3 and Beck at 4

Bison56
July 10th, 2017, 01:21 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/durr.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwip2_qVqv_UAhVJ3IMKHVrQC7AQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Ftag%2Fstup id%2F&psig=AFQjCNEkm673tqQXDaMGrpq0doqi7cUu9w&ust=1499797161513140)

Bisonator
July 10th, 2017, 01:28 PM
We do not have to get into it, but for me, that is not something I support and the evidence was against him. Also, the guy was just a tool bag off the field.

As I said, I do not hold that against him for voting, but I had Grant higher at 3 and Beck at 4
Not sure WTF you are talking about, his MIP??? Otherwise you're full of ****.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Not sure WTF you are talking about, his MIP??? Otherwise you're full of ****.

Resisting arrest, assaulting a cop, etc...

Does no one read the news? I know I am a "fair weather" fan and do not drink the Bisonville kool-aid but to dismiss what he did is asinine or completely ignoring the truth. I do not know how many times I have to say this, but outside of his off-the-field demeanor, I have no problem with him being #4 behind Olson. I did not judge him based off of what he did but I was not going to ignore it.

Why does almost everyone have to be a Bisonville fanatic that cannot have difference of opinion? I went to school with him, I know him and others who know him and the consensus is favoring me.

Bisonator
July 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM

Does no one read the news? I know I am a "fair weather" fan and do not drink the Bisonville kool-aid but to dismiss what he did is asinine or completely ignoring the truth. I do not know how many times I have to say this, but outside of his off-the-field demeanor, I have no problem with him being #4 behind Olson. I did not judge him based off of what he did but I was not going to ignore it.

Why does almost everyone have to be a Bisonville fanatic that cannot have difference of opinion? I went to school with him, I know him and others who know him and the consensus is favoring me.
He didn't assault a cop you dip****. Yeah so he tried to run like thousands of other underage kids caught drinking big ****ing deal. I suppose we all can't be ****ing saints like you and your choir boy Grant.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM
He didn't assault a cop you dip****. Yeah so he tried to run like thousands of other underage kids caught drinking big ****ing deal. I suppose we all can't be ****ing saints like you and your choir boy Grant.

Did he even get convicted for any of that ****? 99% of this garbage was self defense. Dude didn't do anything.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 01:52 PM

Assaulting a cop??? WTF are you talking about. If this is news it's news to me.

Did he even get convicted for any of that ****? 99% of this garbage was self defense. Dude didn't do anything.
You can see by searching here: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/Search.aspx?ID=100

He initially pled not guilty to resisting arrest and two months later changed to a guilty plea (as part of a plea agreement I believe). Other than that he has a MIP. That's it.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 01:53 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/mvc/2013/06/13/travis-beck-north-dakota-state-bison-fargo-assault-charge-dropped/2421281/

Dropped...."rap sheet" is getting short. He's probably a saint compared to me I college.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 01:57 PM

You can see by searching here: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/Search.aspx?ID=100

He initially pled not guilty to resisting arrest and two months later changed to a guilty plea (as part of a plea agreement I believe). Other than that he has a MIP. That's it.

Look out! We got a badass over here! xlolx The only rap sheet here is Beck probably murdered a bunch of beers.....and cock blocked kingpin at some point....probably stole his lunch too. :D

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Why would one ever run from the cops if they had nothing to hide? I had to go to court twice, so calling me a saint is classic. I have been put in handcuffs as well, but where I differed is I did not resist arrest or **** myself over. I get it, I am the blacksheep of Bison fans, but you want to know something, part of obeying the law, is well OBEYING THE LAW. I fought both charges and well, I got a house party and a minor violation overturned since I did not live at said house and I was over the legal age but lost my ID. I guess we view the law differently, but that is why I voted the way I did.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/1827554-ndsu-lb-travis-beck-pleads-guilty-resisting-arrest

BF02, I like you and I agree with you about 99% of the time and I can see why one would say that and I will not disagree about the self-defense since the law said there was no proof he started it, but pounding someone into oblivion is a bit much.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Why would one ever run from the cops if they had nothing to hide? I had to go to court twice, so calling me a saint is classic. I have been put in handcuffs as well, but where I differed is I did not resist arrest or **** myself over. I get it, I am the blacksheep of Bison fans, but you want to know something, part of obeying the law, is well OBEYING THE LAW. I fought both charges and well, I got a house party and a minor violation overturned since I did not live at said house and I was over the legal age but lost my ID. I guess we view the law differently, but that is why I voted the way I did.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/1827554-ndsu-lb-travis-beck-pleads-guilty-resisting-arrest

BF02, I like you and I agree with you about 99% of the time and I can see why one would say that and I will not disagree about the self-defense since the law said there was no proof he started it, but pounding someone into oblivion is a bit much.

So is making up **** and blowing it out of proportion. If he "pounded someone into oblivion"...self defense is out the window. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Bisonator

Apparently you don't know **** which has already been established here. Wasn't Beck's fault the SOB and his buddy couldn't take a punch or finish what they started.

TheKingpin28

I forgot that they overturned the assault, and that I apologize, but he still resisted arrest. That will not change the fact that I would still vote for Olson over Beck 11/10.

Look out! We got a badass over here! xlolx The only rap sheet here is Beck probably murdered a bunch of beers.....and cock blocked kingpin at some point....probably stole his lunch too. :D

I do not get cock blocked, EVER, I get whiskey dick and have had my lunch taken from me before. Beck is still a giant tool bag and I only was at a party once with him over at Marcus Williams house, and I made it clear that I would never go to a party that he was at. I can take goofing around and having some fun, but I will not be friends with people like him.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 02:05 PM

It's also a bit much to post on a national message board that he was in the news for assaulting a cop and then produce evidence that all he did was continue walking away when an officer told him to stop.

And you wonder why you're a black sheep?

Bison56
July 10th, 2017, 02:06 PM

Yeah you bad xlolx

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:08 PM
So is making up **** and blowing it out of proportion. If he "pounded someone into oblivion"...self defense is out the window. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I did not make **** up, I have a different view on how it happened. Is it really that hard to understand? If you know you have the upper hand and can easily take on someone and go above and beyond what is necessary, then that is where I draw the line. I know my own limitations and that is why if I ever have to go to a knife fight, I am taking my Glock-19 with. I am not the strongest guy I know, but I am one of the most cunning and knowledgeable people I knwo.

Apparently you don't know **** which has already been established here. Wasn't Beck's fault the SOB and his buddy couldn't take a punch or finish what they started.

I do know quite more than what is led on to believe. I forgot they overturned that, and we all make mistakes. Still does not change the fact that the guy is a straight up **** and should have been lower than Olson.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I did not make **** up, I have a different view on how it happened. Is it really that hard to understand? If you know you have the upper hand and can easily take on someone and go above and beyond what is necessary, then that is where I draw the line. I know my own limitations and that is why if I ever have to go to a knife fight, I am taking my Glock-19 with. I am not the strongest guy I know, but I am one of the most cunning and knowledgeable people I knwo.

I do know quite more than what is led on to believe. I forgot they overturned that, and we all make mistakes. Still does not change the fact that the guy is a straight up **** and should have been lower than Olson.

2 guys against Beck.....and one of them was 6'7" and had almost 100lbs on Beck. Time to just walk away kingpin....you keep digging a BIG hole.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:12 PM
It's also a bit much to post on a national message board that he was in the news for assaulting a cop and then produce evidence that all he did was continue walking away when an officer told him to stop.

And you wonder why you're a black sheep?

I make 1 mistake and yeah, I have a legit reason to say that. i just will not drink the kool-aid, it is that simple.

Yeah you bad xlolx

I just do not like being labeled something I know I am not. xthumbsupx Hell I have been suspended from elementary school for knocking out another student, had the cops show up at my parents house for said incident, received different tickets, etc... but I know my shortfalls and I will not be labeled a saint when I know I am not.

Bisonator
July 10th, 2017, 02:12 PM

He was ****ing walking away from the aholes when they followed him into the alley to kick his ass! What the **** was your view of it??? I think you have a grudge against him because of something he did at one party you were at that you didn't like and have your mind made up. Maybe the feeling was mutual and he didn't want to be around a dick like you either!

geaux_sioux
July 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM
That O-line would also be a serviceable unit for an NFL team.... it's definitely better than what the Vikings have trotted out there the last couple years.
They literally would not.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM
He was ****ing walking away from the aholes when they followed him into the alley to kick his ass! What the **** was your view of it??? I think you have a grudge against him because of something he did at one party you were at that you didn't like and have your mind made up. Maybe the feeling was mutual and he didn't want to be around a dick like you either!

You are the first person to call me a dick. I guess there is a first for everything. I have my reasons for not liking him, and the people he knocked out, I have zero relationship to, but the people I know, went to school with, and hangout, will be the people to say he is not the kind of person one wants to hangout with. To each their own, but I have no grudge against him, I just know the kind of person he is, and I would not support him one bit.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I make 1 mistake and yeah, I have a legit reason to say that. i just will not drink the kool-aid, it is that simple.

Not drinking the Kool-Aid would be to say that he never should've been out in downtown drunk at bar close and put himself in that situation. I said that on Bisonville as was pretty roundly roasted for it. When you start making stuff up about a guy just because you didn't like him it's the hater-aid that you're drinking.

You can play if off as a simple mistake but when you start throwing around charges as serious as assaulting a police officer you'd better double check your work before you hit the post button.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Not drinking the Kool-Aid would be to say that he never should've been out in downtown drunk at bar close and put himself in that situation. I said that on Bisonville as was pretty roundly roasted for it. When you start making stuff up about a guy just because you didn't like him it's the hater-aid that you're drinking.

You can play if off as a simple mistake but when you start throwing around charges as serious as assaulting a police officer you'd better double check your work before you hit the post button.

Yeah I read the initial reports, but I honestly forgot they dropped that charge. How hard is that to understand? Everyone on the Bison for the last 7 years, I have had no problem with except Beck and Hudson for shoplifting. I won't forget about the forged signatures and that was a huge scandal for the Bison.

Everyone wants to be saint, until it affects them, then they go all internet and keyboard tough. I am not that guy and own up to my own confession and mistake. Hell, I talk enough smack, but I back it up, just ask Thumper about how he damaged my bank account. I will not stand idly by and vilified for an honest mistake on not remembering a following up of the report. I apologize for that, but I still stand by how I voted.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Yeah I read the initial reports, but I honestly forgot they dropped that charge. How hard is that to understand? Everyone on the Bison for the last 7 years, I have had no problem with except Beck and Hudson for shoplifting. I won't forget about the forged signatures and that was a huge scandal for the Bison.

Everyone wants to be saint, until it affects them, then they go all internet and keyboard tough. I am not that guy and own up to my own confession and mistake. Hell, I talk enough smack, but I back it up, just ask Thumper about how he damaged my bank account. I will not stand idly by and vilified for an honest mistake on not remembering a following up of the report. I apologize for that, but I still stand by how I voted.
You appear to also have forgot he (allegedly) assaulted a fellow drunk guy... not a cop. Assault and assaulting an officer are two very different things and rightly so.

TheKingpin28
July 10th, 2017, 02:40 PM
You appear to also have forgot he (allegedly) assaulted a fellow drunk guy... not a cop. Assault and assaulting an officer are two very different things and rightly so.

Resisting arrest is almost always tied to assaulting a cop. In a court of law, they will almost always tie it by saying the fact that by not accepting the cuffs, that can implied as a threat to a cop and harming the law enforcement and therefore assault. So no, they are not two different things. They are intertwined with one another and are usually hand and hand with one another but there are times where they are not one in the same. Two different charges that are usually piled on with one another.

Professor Chaos
July 10th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Resisting arrest is almost always tied to assaulting a cop. In a court of law, they will almost always tie it by saying the fact that by not accepting the cuffs, that can implied as a threat to a cop and harming the law enforcement and therefore assault. So no, they are not two different things. They are intertwined with one another and are usually hand and hand with one another but there are times where they are not one in the same. Two different charges that are usually piled on with one another.
Tied together unless, of course, the resisting arrest charge stems from the individual continuing to walk away from an officer when he was ordered to stop.

Oh and there's also the fact that Beck was never even charged with assaulting an officer but I'm sure you forgot that.

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Wow.

I never knew a Bison fan could be so idiotic.

I'm sorry that this thread derailed into this on NATIONAL BOARDS.

Back on topic. I can't really think of any I'd have over the other. You can't keep off Mays, Humbar, etc. Deluca... we'll see but he currently still is playing so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
July 10th, 2017, 03:46 PM
How does Zack Johnson make this team? He was in the tank for a majority of his career.

Bisonoline
July 10th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Tied together unless, of course, the resisting arrest charge stems from the individual continuing to walk away from an officer when he was ordered to stop.

Oh and there's also the fact that Beck was never even charged with assaulting an officer but I'm sure you forgot that.

That was it. There was NO PHYSICAL resisting arrest.

cx500d
July 10th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I am not the strongest guy I know, but I am one of the most cunning and knowledgeable people I knwo.

Apparently you are not a cunning linguist....

POD Knows
July 10th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Wow.

I never knew a Bison fan could be so idiotic.

I'm sorry that this thread derailed into this on NATIONAL BOARDS.

Back on topic. I can't really think of any I'd have over the other. You can't keep off Mays, Humbar, etc. Deluca... we'll see but he currently still is playing so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TapatalkIf Deluca stays healthy this year and performs they way he is expected to, he will surpass Beck, unless, of course he gets charged with jaywalking or saying that something is gay, which is worse than assault. So we need to hang on until the season is over to see I guess.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 10th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Mays was better than G Olson IMO. If DeLuca stays healthy, he'll be one of the best to wear the uniform at LB.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 10th, 2017, 08:28 PM
They literally would not.

Chaos is spot on about that NDSU OL.

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Also.... How spoiled are we?

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2017, 09:00 PM

Very.

dewey
July 10th, 2017, 09:34 PM

Extremely! Life as a Bison fan is GREAT!

Dewey