PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Unofficial Schedule

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Hope this helps some of ya'll continue to piece together yours.....

9-1 Chas Southern
9-8 open
9-15 at Wisconsin
9-22 open
9-29 at UTC
10-6 Wofford
10-13 Furman
10-20 at WCU
10-27 at GSU
11-3 App St
11-10 Elon
11-17 at VMI

We will fill one of the open slots with either a 6th home game or another game against the BCS.

BigApp
January 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I gotta be honest, citdog, I'm not too impressed with the SoCon's "new" scheduling format. Got any opinion on it?

catamount man
January 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
From what I gathered, they'll run it on 2 year cycle and then change it up again for 2 years, then change, etc etc. If so, look for 2008 to be different. Again, what I was led to believe.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
January 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
It's interesting, it seems that there are a lot more "marquis" matchups in back to back weeks than I remember before. For example, Citadel hosts Wofford and Furman in consecutive weeks. App hosts GSU and then travels to Furman consecutively. GSU goes to Wofford and then hosts Furman consecutively.

Maybe I've just not noticed it before, but it seems in the past didn't bunch up together like that. I don't remember the last time one of the big three (App) played the other two in consecutive weeks.

Saint3333
January 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM
It's interesting, it seems that there are a lot more "marquis" matchups in back to back weeks than I remember before. For example, Citadel hosts Wofford and Furman in consecutive weeks. App hosts GSU and then travels to Furman consecutively. GSU goes to Wofford and then hosts Furman consecutively.

Maybe I've just not noticed it before, but it seems in the past didn't bunch up together like that. I don't remember the last time one of the big three (App) played the other two in consecutive weeks.

How about every year since 1993 for ASU.

1993-1996 ASU played Furman, GSU, and Marshall in a row.
1997-2005 ASU played Furman, GSU, and Wofford in a row.
2006 ASU played Wofford, GSU, and Furman in a row.

Someone has it out for ASU...;)

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 04:53 PM
First off CItdog, it's y'all not ya'll. :) lol

Second, What is with this schedule? No Texas A&M? NO other big schools where the dogs have 0% chance of winning? Oh yeah, the stadium is almost done. Nevermind I got it. Your boys should be good by midseason..

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't recall asking you. Notice that Newberry isn't on our schedule?

The Gadfly
January 28th, 2007, 06:30 PM
HAIR ROooooW CITDOG! We @ Coastar Carorina would ruuuuuv to firr dat empty spot for you.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/10/15/arts/15TEAM.1.184.jpg

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM
HAIR ROooooW CITDOG! We @ Coastar Carorina would ruuuuuv to firr dat empty spot for you.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/10/15/arts/15TEAM.1.184.jpg

You know they won't play us Gadfly. If we go into the SOCON, they'll bitch about playing us b/c that's one less BCS team they can lose to for money.:twocents:

chantman
January 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM
ElCid does't want anything to do with Coastal. Heck, they have to figure a way to beat Charleston Southern first.

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
ElCid does't want anything to do with Coastal. Heck, they have to figure a way to beat Charleston Southern first.

haha..they can figure that out easily.

What I want to know is why La Cid won't play us, and I don't want some bull****, arrogant reason from Citdog. I want a real answer.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Have ya'll been spending time on the uffp? That everyone is scared to play us crap is played out.

chantman
January 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I would think they would schedule us just for the gate. You know we would bring a bunch of people. Just ask AppState. I went to the LaCid and UTC game last season. My guess is UTC brought around 10o fans.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
We do just fine (top 12) at the gate without you thanks.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I don't know how this turned into a Coastal-dominated thread, but since it did, I might as well throw in my :twocents:

9-1 Chas Southern-W but very close. For some reason Chuck South comes to play against local schools.
9-8 open
9-15 at Wisconsin-L, duh.
9-22 open
9-29 at UTC-W, come on, It's UTC.
10-6 Wofford-L, this is late enough for Wofford to be on their mid to late season run.
10-13 Furman-L, Kid from Two-A-Days proves to tough
10-20 at WCU-W, but closer than expected.
10-27 at GSU-L, late season @ Paulson with the new HC.
11-3 App St-L well, this is obvious.
11-10 Elon-L, Elon keeps improving, and keeps improving.
11-17 at VMI-W, close win against worst in the Big South.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I would think they would schedule us just for the gate. You know we would bring a bunch of people. Just ask AppState. I went to the LaCid and UTC game last season. My guess is UTC brought around 10o fans.

Saturday in Charleston? Heck yeah we'd travel.

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 07:00 PM
What is "uffp"? It's not played out. Y'all won't schedule us. I have a friend that played middle line backer and he said the team and coaches thought CCU was below the Citadel Level.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 07:03 PM
You are below our level. The Unofficial Furman Football Page. BeachChicken you know jack about us, we will not lose 7 games next season we are going to win 8.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
haha..they can figure that out easily.

What I want to know is why The Citadel where real men go to college won't play us, and I don't want some bull****, arrogant reason from Citdog. I want a real answer.

I think the real reason is that we feel that we have nothing to gain by playing you. If we beat you like a drum, which obviously we would, we just beat USC-Coastal Carolina big deal. But if we were to lose yikes!

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
You are below our level. The Unofficial Furman Football Page. BeachChicken you know jack about us, we will not lose 7 games next season we are going to win 8.

CCU has had a better record in our history than CSU has since we started. We've never had a losing season. We've lost to them once since our programs inception, just as y'all. WE'VE BEEN TO THE PLAYOFF'S WITHIN 4 YEARS OF BEING A TEAM. When was the last time y'all saw the playoffs? 1992? We're beneath you? THere is that nasty arrogance rearing it's ugly head.:twocents:

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Alright then, I gave my honest opinion. Since you feel this has to be hostile, back it up. Who are you gonna beat?

MarkCCU
January 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I think the real reason is that we feel that we have nothing to gain by playing you. If we beat you like a drum, which obviously we would, we just beat USC-Coastal Carolina big deal. But if we were to lose yikes!

Talk about being played out and old, USC-Coastal Carolina is old...geesh! We beat Wofford, USC almost lost to them.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Ok Chicken you asked and here it is. Here is my prediculation.

9-1 Chas So W
9-15 at Wisconsin L
9-29 at UTC W
10-6 Wofford W
10-13 FU W
10-20 at WCU W
10-27 at GSU W
11-3 App St L
11-10 Elon W
11-17 at VMI W

Depending on who we schedule on one of the open dates we will either be 9-2 or 8-3. 2007 is the year of the DOGS!

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Ok Chicken you asked and here it is. Here is my prediculation.

9-1 Chas So W
9-15 at Wisconsin L
9-29 at UTC W
10-6 Wofford W
10-13 FU W
10-20 at WCU W
10-27 at GSU W
11-3 App St L
11-10 Elon W
11-17 at VMI W

Depending on who we schedule on one of the open dates we will either be 9-2 or 8-3. 2007 is the year of the DOGS!

Alright then, we'll see when it comes September. BTW, I wasn't downing on ElCid, that's a tough schedule and I stand by my opinion.

chantman
January 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Who will be your starting QB?

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 07:52 PM
And I respect that, but we beat Elon by 5td's at their place last season, VMI BADLY, and Fu has beaten us the last two seasons in 3ot's and had to hold on to beat us in g-vegas last year. We are ready with a Senior QB Duran Lawson, twice Socon POW last year, and Rb Tory Cooper, also two time POW last year and the #1 Total yards in the league last year. We have the best coach of all the FCS schools in this State and this is our time.

CCUBeachChicken
January 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
And I respect that, but we beat Elon by 5td's at their place last season, VMI BADLY, and Fu has beaten us the last two seasons in 3ot's and had to hold on to beat us in g-vegas last year. We are ready with a Senior QB Duran Lawson, twice Socon POW last year, and Rb Tory Cooper, also two time POW last year and the #1 Total yards in the league last year. We have the best coach of all the FCS schools in this State and this is our time.

Oh, sorry about the VMI thing, I messed it up, I meant to put a W there.:o

chantman
January 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I thought Lawson was a SR last season.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
No, the QB from Conway, SC will be a First Classman this season.

ButlerGSU
January 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM

That would be amazing. We'll see...

Mr. C
January 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Just because Citadel doesn't play one particular school is no reason to "dog" their schedule. The Bulldogs take on tough teams year in and year out. I think both The Citadel and Wofford will be vastly improved next season. I see Wofford being a top-20 team that has a real shot at the playoffs. Citadel could finish anywhere from second to fourth in the SoCon with ease. Both of those teams are extremely well coached and have a lot of experienced players coming back.

chantman
January 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Relax Mr. C, we're just having some fun with the dog. He has taken plenty of shots at Coastal over the past year.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Mr. C is a man of obvious intellect, because he agrees with me!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 08:35 PM

xlolx .... I Ruvvved that movie

I heard that Citadel Womens sports was coming along "ahead of schedule" ...Fascinating!!! :hurray:

-

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I don't recognize any of our Athletes with the incorrect marriage tackle. Women don't belong at my school.

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I don't recognize any of our Athletes with the incorrect marriage tackle. Women don't belong at my school.

Why don't women belong at a public institution?
:eyebrow:

-

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Plus!
They look cute as the dickens in those little Citadel Uniforms! (I Love a woman in a uniform)

-

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Cleets I am not going to get into that with you. The courts have spoken and we have saluted and opened our doors. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Cleets I am not going to get into that with you. The courts have spoken and we have saluted and opened our doors. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

But still,
You gotta admit they look cute in those little Citadel uniforms... (seriosly)

-

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 09:15 PM
No. They Don't.

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
No. They Don't.

You are one serious dude....

-

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
About that issue I am. I HATE IT!

ButlerGSU
January 28th, 2007, 10:12 PM
About that issue I am. I HATE IT!

You do realize it is 2007. Robert E. Lee and the Confederacy are both gone.

citdog
January 28th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Old times they are not forgotten
Look Away! Look Away! Look away!
Dixie Land

Cleets
January 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM

I believe the issue up for discussion was Women attending Citadel, not the civil war or General Lee

-

blukeys
January 28th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I for one would love to see the renewal of the Delaware - Citadel series. There were some great games with some awesome players including the Citadel's own Stump Mitchell. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I believe UD holds the advantage but it was a hard fought and very congenial and respectful series. (Even if Citdog thought we were all Yankees!!!)

I know UD is looking seriously at the SoCon for non con games. I'm hoping the Citadel is high on the list.:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

youwouldno
January 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM
UD already has a home and home with Furman. I'm looking forward to those games, I guess the first one will be in '08.

citdog
January 29th, 2007, 12:31 AM
My Dad went to one of the UD-Citadel games at UD during the 70's. This is when Bobby Ross coached the 'Dogs. He and his best friend said they stood up when the Cadets took the field and not again until the game was over. The 2002 game was a great one, in those dark uni's and 93 degree heat with about that much humidity we wore UD out on the last drive. Over 20 plays if I remember correctly.

PaladinFan
January 29th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Come on Deleware. Y'all were a border state. We all know that. ;)

Sir William
January 29th, 2007, 07:37 AM

I'm by no means taking sides with citdog, but don't go disrespecting a distinguished leader and fine Christian gentleman like RE Lee, who by the way fought for the confederacy...not b/c he supported slavery (in fact, he opposed it and supported the proper emancipation of slaves)...but b/c he supported states rights.

Lee was one of the greatest Americans ever. I know this has nothing to do with football, but this is actually more important.

OK, now back to football...or cute Citadel coeds...or whatever we're threading about here.

citdog
January 29th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I have heard that one of the open dates may be filled by another Big South team.

MarkCCU
January 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I have heard that one of the open dates may be filled by another Big South team.

Really? Any guessess dog?

rokamortis
January 29th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Really? Any guessess dog?

Only 2 options, Liberty or Gardner-Webb.

citdog
January 29th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I heard Liberty at Gen. Hagood Stsdium, just a rumor though.

gvilleapp
January 29th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I believe the issue up for discussion was Women attending Citadel, not the civil war or General Lee

-
If female cadets at The Citadel were not given preferential treatment I would not have a problem with them being there. As the father of a Jr. in the Corp I can tell you they are given special consideration by the tacts and the rest of the administration and treated with kid gloves. Some female cadets do not try and work the system to there advantage because of their sex and they quickly gain the respect of there classmates, but sadly many opt for easier path allowed to female cadets.

89Hen
January 30th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Speaking of Johnson Hagood, what's the scoop Citdog? Did they not finish the new side? If they did, El Cid sure isn't letting anyone know. Impossible to find any current photos of the renovation. :confused:

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Speaking of Johnson Hagood, what's the scoop Citdog? Did they not finish the new side? If they did, El Cid sure isn't letting anyone know. Impossible to find any current photos of the renovation. :confused:

I'll check it out, i have to go near there later on today.

El_Cid_99
January 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Just got back from lunch next to the stadium. All kinds of construction (site work, lots of guys in hard hats) going on behind the home stands. This fall I would imagine that there will be some sort of structure behind the home side, but nothing will be usable or ready until the '08 season.
Visitors are doomed to at least one more season in the decrepit East Stands.

And I personally don't mind playing Coastal. While it would suck to lose, I think it could be a good rivalry. Besides, a trip to the Grand Strand would be a nice ride up Hwy 17. We could call it the "Shag Bowl".

89Hen
January 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Just got back from lunch next to the stadium. All kinds of construction (site work, lots of guys in hard hats) going on behind the home stands.
I was surprised to see that on the live webcam today. It looked unbelievably similar to one year ago... probably the same workers. :p I want a picture of the INSIDE of the new side though, not the backside.

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I was surprised to see that on the live webcam today. It looked unbelievably similar to one year ago... probably the same workers. :p I want a picture of the INSIDE of the new side though, not the backside.

I am working on that for you 89.

Heard today that Davidson may fill one of the open slots on the schedule.

The Gadfly
January 30th, 2007, 02:29 PM
WOW... look at all of the CCU turn out on this thread. Weird how things have turn around since the first 4 CCU fans (Lapper, Rok, Jacket, & myself) began posting here. All of the overpowering smack coming from all sides. Kinda like the Alamo. hmm

Any who. . . I think you guys will open a lot of eye lids next season. I see you losing to GSU, Wisc, and ASU. Maybe one other L may sneak in there. All and all you guys will do well.

As for not scheduling us, you must be CRAZY. The amount of $$$$$$$$$$ that could be made from such a game could rival those annual whoopin's you've been going to. It's a win-win situation. We traveled well BOTH times we went to BOONE. We would travel VERY WELL to a school only 1 1/2 - 2hrs away. We REALLY hate you guys and we haven't even played you. So honostly, I think your AD, coach, team, and alumni are just plain afraid to play us. I know we're not.

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Fly I stated earlier that we don't need you to get people to come and watch us play. Top 15 in attendence every year! I think the reason is that we do not want to associate with y'all. Besides that you would have to come to Charleston every year and play us at home. Like CSU.

citdog1997
January 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM
"We REALLY hate you guys and we haven't even played you. So honostly, I think your AD, coach, team, and alumni are just plain afraid to play us. I know we're not."

Gadfly,

I myself would love to play you guys as well. I think ya'll have a great coach and a program that is up and coming.
We also don't care for ya'll either. The problem that I think scheduling Coastal, is that we already are commited to playing 2 Big South teams every year. One being our biggest rival VMI, and the other across town CSU. It would be hard to schedule 3 Big South teams. Maybe we can alternate ya'll with CSU. Trust me were not scared to play anyone. Your
coach made the mistake and called us out on that, and then quickly back pedaled when he made those comments.
Good luck this season, and hope to see the two meet in the future!!

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Besides wouldn't a 3-0 record against the Big South make us their champion every year?:D

The Gadfly
January 30th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Excellent reply '97.

Fly I stated earlier that we don't need you to get people to come and watch us play. Top 15 in attendence every year! I think the reason is that we do not want to associate with y'all. Besides that you would have to come to Charleston every year and play us at home. Like CSU.

That's fine by me.

lizrdgizrd
January 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Besides wouldn't a 3-0 record against the Big South make us their champion every year?:D
Well, that's the only championship you'd win. :eek: :smiley_wi

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I think Freddy Jordan has another outstanding group, and that we will win the SoCon Baseball Championship........ Again. Which btw I think App. State has won once, and over 20 years ago.

ngineer
January 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM

So Kevin has gotten over his 'yankeeness'?;) I'd love to see him take you guys to 'the next level' i.e. the playoffs. He's still revered in the Lehigh Valley the way Dick Vermeil is in Philly---still pitching products on billboards along the highways in Philly--20 years after he left!

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 10:49 PM
It is still strange to hear him talk. Now I know how the rest of the country felt when Fritz Hollings made a speech.

proasu89
January 30th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I think Freddy Jordan has another outstanding group, and that we will win the SoCon Baseball Championship........ Again. Which btw I think App. State has won once, and over 20 years ago.
WTF, you're reaching way out to make yourselves feel good about something. Let me know when at least 2% of this board gives a s&#t about your baseball team.xcoffeex

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I don't believe I was addressing you. But when bombarded by posts about how poorly our football team has performed and an App Poster said that the only championship we would win would be in the Big South I just thought I would point out that you are our baseball whipping boy.

proasu89
January 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I don't believe I was addressing you. But when bombarded by posts about how poorly our football team has performed and an App Poster said that the only championship we would win would be in the Big South I just thought I would point out that you are our baseball whipping boy.
Excuse me, I mistakenly thought this was an open forum regarding your football schedule. I now see that this is your thread and only speak when spoken to.:thumbsup:

citdog
January 30th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Get your chin in too knob! :D :

No i'm not that big of a shmeckle.: smh : :nod:

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Let me explain nice and slow, citdog, so you'll understand. We're talking about football -- you know, that brown oblong ball that won't roll in a straight line and has laces on it?

Yeah, that's the one.

You can just leave that little white one with the laces over there on the floor.

There, that's better.

Now, your football team is not good enough to win a championship in the Southern Conference -- you know, that group of teams that play each other that you're in along with us?

Yeah, that's the one.

It might be good enough to win a championship in the Big South -- yeah, that's one of those other groups of teams that play each other, good job -- but no one would count on that.

Now, was that slow enough for a Citadel man? I know you guys really don't understand stuff until it's yelled at you over and over, but I'm guessing you're one of the smart ones and can understand without all the yelling. :smiley_wi

GoldandBlack
January 31st, 2007, 08:08 AM
Let me explain nice and slow, citdog, so you'll understand. We're talking about football -- you know, that brown oblong ball that won't roll in a straight line and has laces on it?

Yeah, that's the one.

You can just leave that little white one with the laces over there on the floor.

There, that's better. :smiley_wi

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sir William
January 31st, 2007, 09:17 AM

Yeah, that's the one.

There, that's better.

Now, your football team is not good enough to win a championship in the Southern Conference -- you know, that group of teams that play each other that you're in along with us?

Yeah, that's the one.

It might be good enough to win a championship in the Big South -- yeah, that's one of those other groups of teams that play each other, good job -- but no one would count on that.

Now, was that slow enough for a Citadel man? I know you guys really don't understand stuff until it's yelled at you over and over, but I'm guessing you're one of the smart ones and can understand without all the yelling. :smiley_wi

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :bow:

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Hen, i got some pics from inside i'l lpost em later

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 10:36 AM

Yeah, that's the one.

There, that's better.

Yeah, that's the one.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

So what you are trying to say....

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 10:43 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

So what you are trying to say....
Don't make me yell it now! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GoldandBlack
January 31st, 2007, 10:48 AM
Don't make me yell it now! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TELL IT LOUD, AND TELL IT PROUD!:rotateh: :rotateh:

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 11:01 AM
Perhaps if you added a HOOAH! at the end it'd make more sense

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Perhaps if you added a HOOAH! at the end it'd make more sense
Ah!! That's what I missed! I'll use that next time if he doesn't get it yet. :nod:

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 11:04 AM
No need to thank me, just pay it forward

89Hen
January 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hen, i got some pics from inside i'l lpost em later
:thumbsup: :bow:

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Quit whispering in my ear lizard. When you want to say something SOUND OFF LIKE YOU'VE GOT A PAIR! I realize this thread was about the football team, but when you have as good of a Baseball Program as we do it's hard not to brag about it. That's where we get even!

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 03:41 PM
Quit whispering in my ear lizard. When you want to say something SOUND OFF LIKE YOU'VE GOT A PAIR! I realize this thread was about the football team, but when you have as good of a Baseball Program as we do it's hard not to brag about it. That's where we get even!
TAKE IT TO THE OTHER SPORTS FORUM, KNOB!
And you're only even if anyone cares about baseball. :smiley_wi

HOOAH

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Good boy. Now you are learning!

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Good boy. Now you are learning!
I can be taught! xlolx

proasu89
January 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well how in the he11 are you going to even up that 41 point drubbing we laid on you Saturday. Women's softball?:)

GoldandBlack
January 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Well how in the he11 are you going to even up that 41 point drubbing we laid on you Saturday. Women's softball?:)

Word is they have a hell of a checkers team.:smiley_wi

proasu89
January 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM
Word is they have a hell of a checkers team.:smiley_wi
Guys or Gals:p

GoldandBlack
January 31st, 2007, 08:38 PM
COED!

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 08:41 PM

We are a checkers power!

lizrdgizrd
February 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
We are a checkers power!
I bet even Wofford has more NCAA Checkers National Championships than you do! xlolx

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
The Citadel rules in lawn bowling too.

proasu89
February 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
The Citadel rules in lawn bowling too.
So that's what your uniforms are for...lawn bowling:thumbsup:

89Hen
February 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
So that's what your uniforms are for...lawn bowling:thumbsup:
Speaking of lawns. I always thought El Cid's unis looked a little like...

http://static.flickr.com/22/26991217_c11f8172c6.jpg

http://www.citadel.edu/admissions/c/why/cadet_salute.jpg

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
I have one of those in my yard too, just not a white guy.

Bulldog87
February 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
I have one of those in my yard too, just not a white guy.Perhaps you should get a "White Guy" to enhance your lawn. Doesn't The Citadel believe in "Multicuturalism" these days?xlolx. SCSU would love to play you in a home and home. Our stadium is as nice if not nicer than yours is currently. Coastal will soon have a stadium that should warrant a home and home with any FCS team if they keep winning as they have been. The lure of the beach and the "Scenery" will help their programin the future.

citdog
February 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry 87 you come to Charleston or we don't play. That's just the way it is. Enjoyed the Lowcountry Bulldog Classic while it lasted. We won all the games!

BigApp
February 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
I have one of those in my yard too, just not a white guy.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 07:23 AM
Sorry 87 you come to Charleston or we don't play. That's just the way it is. Enjoyed the Lowcountry Bulldog Classic while it lasted. We won all the games!Why is Charleston or nothing? I-26 runs both ways. I know you guys won all of the classics. That's why I want tou get you all up to Dawson. REVENGE.xlolx

citdog1997
February 2nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Bulldog 87,

Out of curiosity, how many people does your stadium hold?

Sir William
February 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Bulldog 87,

Out of curiosity, how many people does your stadium hold?

Dawson holds approx 22,000. I think they could handle the crowd.

citdog1997
February 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
Dawson holds approx 22,000. I think they could handle the crowd.

I would love to see us playing SC State again. Coach Pugh's son, played for The Citadel. So there are some connections there. A home at home would be fine with me. I think the reason the game has always been in Charleston is b/c ya'll carry a good fan base in the Holy City.
Congrats on getting Gaffney's QB, Long. He should really help your program for the future.

CSU BUCS
February 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
When do you guys play South Carolina?

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
I believe we play Carolina and NORTH Carolina in 2009.

BigApp
February 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
dang! playing all the directional Carolina's in 2009? North, South, West...what about East and Central?

That'd be a nice schedule.

lizrdgizrd
February 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
dang! playing all the directional Carolina's in 2009? North, South, West...what about East and Central?

That'd be a nice schedule.
It's the Carolina's tour....xlolx

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
When do you guys play South Carolina? We play S.Carolina Sept,17 2007.

CSU BUCS
February 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
We play S.Carolina Sept,17 2007.

Any deals with Clemson yet?

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
This thread is about the BIG Bulldogs from Charleston....... not the little O'burg dogs!

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Any deals with Clemson yet?Ga.Tech 2010,Clemson 2016. Air Force Sept 3rd 2007. USC again in 2011.

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
This thread is about the BIG Bulldogs from Charleston....... not the little O'burg dogs!Still no reply why the "BIG DOGS" won't pay the "little dogs" a visit. We'll be nice and throw you guys a tailgating bone before and after the game.:)

CSU BUCS
February 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ga.Tech 2010,Clemson 2016. Air Force Sept 3rd 2007. USC again in 2011.

You guys have a sweet new stadium. How many does it hold and what's your Att.#

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
You guys have a sweet new stadium. How many does it hold and what's your Att.#Dawson Bulldog stadium currently seat 22,500 with plans of expansion. Depending on the home schedule attendance usually averages out between 12-15,000 per game at the end of the year. Example a good SCSU vs FAMU game could easily draw 17-20,000. A good SCSU vs Furman matchup or GA Southern could do the same. CCU at SCSU drew 18-20,000 a couple of years ago. NC A&T at SCSU will sellout as will Homecoming every year unless the weather is terrible. The Citadel at STATE would likely sellout also. I'd love to see it happen. We've had home and home games with CSU in the past and I'm sure that series will be rekindled in the future. Doen't CSU also have stadium expansion plans? How much will the stadium hold when it's finished?

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
If this is true then why isn't SCSU listed in the top 15 in attendence in the FCS?

Start your own thread don't hijack this one!

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 05:29 PM
If this is true then why isn't SCSU listed in the top 15 in attendence in the FCS?

Start your own thread don't hijack this one!Never said that we were in the top 15 in attendance. I tried to make it clear that certain years when the home schedule fell right and the team is good the type of crowds that usually show up. I factored in things such as the record of both teams,weather,etc. That's why I gave examples of certain teams and how the crowds have been vs them and predictions for future games. BTW,not trying to "Hijack this thread" but you still haven't answered my question. Why won't the "BIG DOGS" visit the "little dogs"? I'm sure it isn't elitetism or any other type of "ISM" is it?:)

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
We don't travel to play teams from inferior conferences. If you want to play us it will have to be in Charleston PERIOD. So what you are saying is that SCSU has fair weather fans who only show up when you are good, i'm glad ours are not like that!

Bulldog87
February 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
We don't travel to play teams from inferior conferences. If you want to play us it will have to be in Charleston PERIOD. So what you are saying is that SCSU has fair weather fans who only show up when you are good, i'm glad ours are not like that! No smack intended to the Big South but do you contend that The Big South is on par with your own SoCon? Where does VMI play? Just a question. Yes we've lost every game vs you guys but with the exception of one game we have no one to blame but ourselves. I attended all of them except the one in Columbia. I was in a wedding that day. No excuses,you won them all but for "lil pups" mistakes the record would be different. We don't have the Ashley River to view while tailgating but there's plenty of scenery to go around if you get my drift.:nod: As far as fair weather fans SCSU folks love to tailgate. Award winning stuff. The parking lot is often overflowed but folks don't go in the stadium if we happen to suck that year or if we expect to blow the opposing team away.There's even season ticketholders that'll sit outside and socialize with friends and family if the outcome of the game is pretty much decided befor kickoff. We've been known to travel well also.

citdog
February 2nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
The V@gina Military Institute is the only exception to this rule because of our long association with them in the SoCon.

CitadelGrad
February 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
I have nothing of substance to add to this superb thread, but just want to see how pretty my sig pic, sig and avatar are.

citdog
February 3rd, 2007, 12:16 AM
They are beautiful!

citdog
February 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
The Parade Bleachers hold more fans than some folks stadium!:D

CSU BUCS
February 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Dawson Bulldog stadium currently seat 22,500 with plans of expansion. Depending on the home schedule attendance usually averages out between 12-15,000 per game at the end of the year. Example a good SCSU vs FAMU game could easily draw 17-20,000. A good SCSU vs Furman matchup or GA Southern could do the same. CCU at SCSU drew 18-20,000 a couple of years ago. NC A&T at SCSU will sellout as will Homecoming every year unless the weather is terrible. The Citadel at STATE would likely sellout also. I'd love to see it happen. We've had home and home games with CSU in the past and I'm sure that series will be rekindled in the future. Doen't CSU also have stadium expansion plans? How much will the stadium hold when it's finished?

Unfortunately that’s all they are for now …….PLANS. I don’t believe they account for any extra seating just cosmetic stuff along with a field house.

I would love to make it to a Bulldog game this year. It would be great to catch a night game when CSU plays at home. Watch the Bucs then travel up I-26 to watch the Bulldogs.

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM
When is CSU gonna do something to expand their stadium? St. Andrews Parks and Playground Football Stadium holds more people.

rokamortis
February 4th, 2007, 04:53 AM
I have nothing of substance to add to this superb thread, but just want to see how pretty my sig pic, sig and avatar are.

http://www.medievaltimes.com/images/castlesc.jpg

When did you get a Medievil Times if Charleston?

:smiley_wi

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
that's funny

MarkCCU
February 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
When is CSU gonna do something to expand their stadium? St. Andrews Parks and Playground Football Stadium holds more people.

I have a freind on the CSU board of vistors and they will be allocating money to expand the stadium as well as renovate and add bathrooms

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I have never been over there for a football game, baseball but not football, is there really no place to ah, wizz, there?

CITFAN
February 4th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I really like the way our schedule lines up next year with FU, Wofford and ASU at home. All the games are going to be tough but traveling to GSU and winning is a challenge no matter how much of a "transition" team they may be. The SOCON is so tough every year, we just need to take advantage. I could honestly see us beating Wofford and FU at home. ASU, they are like a D-I school. They are just so dominant right now.

This post is based in part on OPINION and some parts are not rooted in fact. To make it easy to keep track of the fact versus opinion, I have bolded the fact and left the opinion normal text. :bang:

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 05:49 PM
I agree with you Fan. It is huge for us to win at home and beat those that we should on the road. I think we will be 9-2 or 8-3. Nice pic of Lawson.

CITFAN
February 4th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Obviously, the importance of Duran to our season cannot be overstated. Here we are with a true senior, a real leader and a talented QB at that, ready to take the field in September. Watching the way the Dogs played the last half of the season gives me great hope that this will be a great break out season. Coming to Charleston to play us this year is going to be tough for any opponent.

Last year, Coach Higgins used to say it alot in post game interviews. The Dogs are learning how to win. They want and expect to win and when you feel that way, you make the big play. Like the game against GSU, old times we would have found a way to lose that game. And at Elon, I was honestly expecting a let down. But it didn't happen. That win at Elon gives me as much reason to believe as anything. We won when we were expected to win in the conference.

Tory Cooper is set for big year too. :thumbsup:

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
We also have pretty damn good depth at Qb as well. Carnell won a couple of starts for us while Duran was hurt in '05, Tumbleston has played a little bit and we have the Turner kid who is the son of the Chicago Bears OC and nephew of Norv. We appear solid there for a few years. We are signing some really big and fast guys next week who will have to help us other places. Andre Roberts may be the best receiver in the Conference next season if we have the kind of year I think we are capable of.

CITFAN
February 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I am going to try to make one of the spring games. I would love to see that Cam Turner kid play.

citdog
February 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I would assume that he was redshirted last year and that we have him for four more years. In the verbals I have noticed that we do not have a single Qb so Higgins must feel pretty good about all of those guys.

youwouldno
February 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I really like the way our schedule lines up next year with FU, Wofford and ASU at home. All the games are going to be tough but traveling to GSU and winning is a challenge no matter how much of a "transition" team they may be. The SOCON is so tough every year, we just need to take advantage. I could honestly see us beating Wofford and FU at home. ASU, they are like a D-I school. They are just so dominant right now.

This post is based in part on OPINION and some parts are not rooted in fact. To make it easy to keep track of the fact versus opinion, I have bolded the fact and left the opinion normal text. :bang:

The SoCon is a D-I conference.

CSU BUCS
February 4th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I have never been over there for a football game, baseball but not football, is there really no place to ah, wizz, there?

On the home side there is, but not on the visitors there is not.

proasu89
February 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM
:nod:
The SoCon is a D-I conference.
I'm glad you said it. That was the one thing I noticed out of the whole paragraph. Hey CitFan, keep your head up. You're D-1 too:nod:

seantaylor
February 5th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Obviously, the importance of Duran to our season cannot be overstated. Here we are with a true senior, a real leader and a talented QB at that, ready to take the field in September. Watching the way the Dogs played the last half of the season gives me great hope that this will be a great break out season. Coming to Charleston to play us this year is going to be tough for any opponent.

Last year, Coach Higgins used to say it alot in post game interviews. The Dogs are learning how to win. They want and expect to win and when you feel that way, you make the big play. Like the game against GSU, old times we would have found a way to lose that game. And at Elon, I was honestly expecting a let down. But it didn't happen. That win at Elon gives me as much reason to believe as anything. We won when we were expected to win in the conference.

Tory Cooper is set for big year too. :thumbsup:

Yes you would have against a competent coach. Not with he-who-must-not-be-named. I hope everyone enjoyed this year, because that was your get out of jail free card.

The Gadfly
February 5th, 2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.medievaltimes.com/images/castlesc.jpg

When did you get a Medievil Times if Charleston?

:smiley_wi

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . . . : retard :
GREAT, now I've gone cockeyed.

CITFAN
February 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yes you would have against a competent coach. Not with he-who-must-not-be-named. I hope everyone enjoyed this year, because that was your get out of jail free card.

For your sake, I hope things change, mass suicide drownings in the Savannah River if another losing season comes about. GSU did the right thing with the hire from Valdosta. They picked a guy who knows how to win and it will translate probably quickly, unfortunately. You guys sure did look bad against us, I remember thinking "this can't be right." I am sure it was a long drive down 17 for the frat boys and those drunk sorority girls. Next year in Statesboro will be tougher for sure. But we did it there a couple of years ago, so it can be done.

citdog
February 8th, 2007, 03:37 AM
I don't think it's that bad in South GA! Nothing a class full of JUCO and last years non-qualifers who went to FUMA can't fix.

CITFAN
February 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Article from Post and Courier on EL CID football class...

Seems like Higgins did a good job, but who can tell at this point.

Also, his son didn't play at FL, will he play at EL CID????

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=129792&pubDate=2/8/2007

citdog
February 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I think Tim Higgins will be there to show off his BCS Ring and bring his playbook from FL to The Cid!

CITFAN
February 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I think Tim Higgins will be there to show off his BCS Ring and bring his playbook from FL to The Cid!

I would like to see that ring. Maybe he will get a SOCON championship ring to go along with it...

citdog
February 9th, 2007, 02:13 AM
That would be pretty awesome!

lizrdgizrd
February 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
That would be pretty awesome!
Not likely though. :smiley_wi

citdog
February 9th, 2007, 09:38 AM
We shall see! Is it sept yet?

lizrdgizrd
February 9th, 2007, 09:54 AM
We shall see! Is it sept yet?
Not yet. : smh : :bawling:

Bulldog87
February 9th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hey Cit Dog, in a earlier post you seemed to feel that your average home attendance was much higher than ours. According to the new NCAA stats for the 2006 season The "Big Dogs" from Charleston averaged 14,599 per home game and the Oburg "little Dogs" averaged 14,594 per home tilt. That looks like the making of a sellout crowd at both locals if we ever meet again in good weather. Both schools need to do more to fill the extra 7,000 or so seats. I think the rankings were 14th and 15th respectively. Montana was #1 with 23-24,000 or so.

citdog
February 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
We were 12th with half of a stadium.

citdog
February 11th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Heard Davidson kicked around again as our 11th game. I hope Les Robinson's phone doesn't ring one time from BCS AD's. Hell I might go unplug that damn phone tomorrow!

CSU BUCS
February 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM
We were 12th with half of a stadium.

Both sides were open.

citdog
February 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM
We were 12th with half of a new stadium, but we still averaged more that 4 times the fans you did!

Go...gate
February 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Yeah, that's the one.

There, that's better.

Yeah, that's the one.

LOL! My Goodness!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Go...gate
February 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Heard Davidson kicked around again as our 11th game. I hope Les Robinson's phone doesn't ring one time from BCS AD's. Hell I might go unplug that damn phone tomorrow!

That sounds like a good matchup - looks like Davidson playing some tougher teams OOC these days.