PDA

View Full Version : What flavor is your cupcake?

JSUSoutherner
June 28th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Who is the worst team on your schedule this year?

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Chocolate with a marshmallow over center aka Del State

Bucs2016
I suppose its D2 Shorter or Savannah State....now that Citadel is off of it.

citdog
Probably ETSU.

Bucs2016
June 28th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Wait...do scrimmages against ourselves count??????

GodHelpTheBears
June 28th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Who is the worst team on your schedule this year?

Murray State, I guess. Not really a cupcake...more like a bran muffin

BisonTru
June 28th, 2017, 05:35 PM
I thought for sure this thread was going to be in the Poli board. xlolx

For us, probably the delta devils.

JSUSoutherner
June 28th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I thought for sure this thread was going to be in the Poli board. xlolx

For us, probably the delta devils.

Oh, did Northern Iowa change their mascot?

TheKingpin28
June 28th, 2017, 05:53 PM

Robert Morris is a solid choice but MVSU is tough to pick against.

ST_Lawson
June 28th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Don't think we have any real cupcakes on our schedule this year. Easiest games are probably Tennessee Tech and Missouri State, but either could beat us if we're not on our game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seawolf97
June 28th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I don't see any cupcakes . Sacred Heart destroyed us last year and Wagner suspect will be tough .

JSUSoutherner
June 28th, 2017, 06:30 PM
I don't see any cupcakes . Sacred Heart destroyed us last year and Wagner suspect will be tough .
Cupcake cannibalism?

ASU33
June 28th, 2017, 06:51 PM
D2-Cheney University

PAllen
June 28th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Monmouth, Wagner, and Georgetown ughhhh. Come on Joe, enough already.

Nickels
June 28th, 2017, 07:11 PM
At SHSU we prefer our desserts buffet style.

Prairie View
SFA
Northwestern
Lamar
Incarnate Word
Abilene Christian
Houston Baptist
Whichever BSC team is matched against us in the playoffs

Take your pick.

KPSUL
June 28th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Without any doubt or hesitation,that little teacher's college in Virginia called James Mason, Monroe or Madison or something like that.

JSUSoutherner
June 28th, 2017, 07:32 PM
At SHSU we prefer our desserts buffet style.

Prairie View
SFA
Northwestern
Lamar
Incarnate Word
Abilene Christian
Houston Baptist
Whichever BSC team is matched against us in the playoffs

Take your pick.

Buffet style? Stocking up on Southern Speed™?

Gangtackle11
June 28th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Coin flip between Lafayette & Rhode Island.

citdog
June 28th, 2017, 07:50 PM

It is pretty obviously le high for 'Nova.

melloware13
June 28th, 2017, 08:06 PM
D2-Cheney University
They're almost too bad to even call a cupcake.

bonarae
June 28th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Harvard has had a cupcake of an ENTIRE schedule (not only in the OOC side) the past few years... All of our OOC opponents are cupcakes... xsmhx

ASU33
June 28th, 2017, 08:25 PM

We got Mississippi Valley and Arkansas Pine-Bluff too!

Mocs123
June 28th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Probably ETSU but they did beat a good Samford team last year. Our OOC is pretty good this year with UT-Martin (who is an under-rated OVC Team) and Jacksonville St. a top 5 team.

The SoCon is pretty competitive top to bottom. You could legitimately make a case for Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, or Samford to win the conference with Mercer, Furman, and WCU all dangerous and even VMI and ETSU able to beat you on any given Saturday.

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2017, 09:10 PM

has to be Rhode, at least the Leopards replaced the coach .... cant remember the name but he seemed like a good hire....

ST_Lawson
June 28th, 2017, 09:26 PM
D2-Cheney University

We played them once back in 2004. I hate playing D2 schools, but at least we were able to set a record against them. Most points and largest win...we won 98-7 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=242552710)
We were already up 42-0 after the first quarter, 70-0 at halftime...eased up and only outscored them 28-7 in the second half. Our QB only had 68 yards passing because we started running the ball on every play like halfway through the first quarter...and they still couldn't stop us. It was ugly...ROTC guys got a TON of pushups in that day.

BisonTru
June 28th, 2017, 10:20 PM

I think they changed everything but their head coach.

grizband
June 28th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Savannah State....followed closely by Valpo

JALMOND
June 29th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Idaho State. Every year.

Laker
June 29th, 2017, 06:51 AM
U of Minnesota- Crookston. 0-11 last year- we play them at home.

They are close to Canada. Maybe maple? But it is big sugar beet country.

DirtyDukes
June 29th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Spider Flavored

dewey
June 29th, 2017, 07:44 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25355&stc=1

Dewey

Go Green
June 29th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Stetson.

Although they did just fine against Brown last season.

Panther88
June 29th, 2017, 08:47 AM
SHSU will find out that its cupcake actually has bark and bite; we're not playing the game just to play the game. We're playing the game to win it. We will be very ready for the FCS quarter-finalist. :D

Anthony215
June 29th, 2017, 08:52 AM

Sad but true I don't think they'll even have over 55 players on the team which means the entire squad will travel to Alabama for the turkey day classic and they'll probably lose by 70+ points. Outside of their annual game with rival Lincoln University (Pa) they don't stand a chance to win another game all season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 29th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Wagner and/or Georgetown. I'll go with Wagner because the Hoyas are both a home and league game. Lehigh has beaten Georgetown 16 straight years so it is somewhat relative.

BisonFan02
June 29th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Devils Food Cake.

ElCid
June 29th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Probably ETSU but they did beat a good Samford team last year. Our OOC is pretty good this year with UT-Martin (who is an under-rated OVC Team) and Jacksonville St. a top 5 team.

The SoCon is pretty competitive top to bottom. You could legitimately make a case for Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, or Samford to win the conference with Mercer, Furman, and WCU all dangerous and even VMI and ETSU able to beat you on any given Saturday.

I am not sure there is another conf, top to bottom, that is as competitive in conference play as the SOCON. The top and bottom of so many conferences are much further apart. I like it.

BisonFan02
June 29th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I am not sure there is another conf, top to bottom, that is as competitive in conference play as the SOCON. The top and bottom of so many conferences are much further apart. I like it.

The Valley.....

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Robert Morris is a solid choice but MVSU is tough to pick against.

They were absolutely abysmal last year. Lost by 60 to a 6-5 Griz team.

This year it's definitely Valpo.

Daytripper
June 29th, 2017, 11:33 AM
SHSU will find out that its cupcake actually has bark and bite; we're not playing the game just to play the game. We're playing the game to win it. We will be very ready for the FCS quarter-finalist. :D

I have no doubt about that. I would probably call Northwestern State our cupcake.

Panther88
June 29th, 2017, 12:21 PM
I have no doubt about that. I would probably call Northwestern State our cupcake.

It's amazing how far NwSt has fallen. They were a dominant type force annually, along w/ McN & SFA. I expected UCA to come in and rattle the conference due to their recruitment pool. What hurts PVAMU, SHSU, sTu, and HBU (slightly SFA/Lamar) is that all of us are going after the same recruiting pool about the greater Houston/metroplex areas. Potentially 6 differing FCS schools all w/in a 2 hr drive of each other. And this is AFTER the FBS brands (ut-austin, txa&m, ou, okst, uofh, tcu, baylor, et al) have raided and offered their "HowToRapeHer 101" courses as part of recruits' curriculum. :(

DFW HOYA
June 29th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Wagner and/or Georgetown. I'll go with Wagner because the Hoyas are both a home and league game. Lehigh has beaten Georgetown 16 straight years so it is somewhat relative.

That's not likely to change. Yet, no one seems concerned.

Since 2000, Georgetown's combined record against PL schools is 18-79. Versus Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham, it's 3-43.

Catamount87
June 29th, 2017, 12:32 PM

Parity really rules the SoCon right now which makes the SoCon great football! Any SoCon team that overlooks a SoCon foe does so at their own peril. 2017 should be a really, really interesting season for sure.

Now if there's a favorite cupcake for the SoCon it's probably Mars Hill.

ST_Lawson
June 29th, 2017, 01:01 PM
The Valley.....

Or as it's commonly referred to...

http://i.imgur.com/3Vmh3s6.jpg?3

ngineer
June 29th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Hard to say. One would be inclined to go with Georgetown, but a number of questions abound with Lafayette, but by the time we get them a full season is almost complete, so what you see in August can be very different than what you see in late November, and I have no idea at the moment what Wagner has.

Daytripper
June 29th, 2017, 01:59 PM
It's amazing how far NwSt has fallen. They were a dominant type force annually, along w/ McN & SFA. I expected UCA to come in and rattle the conference due to their recruitment pool. What hurts PVAMU, SHSU, sTu, and HBU (slightly SFA/Lamar) is that all of us are going after the same recruiting pool about the greater Houston/metroplex areas. Potentially 6 differing FCS schools all w/in a 2 hr drive of each other. And this is AFTER the FBS brands (ut-austin, txa&m, ou, okst, uofh, tcu, baylor, et al) have raided and offered their "HowToRapeHer 101" courses as part of recruits' curriculum. :(

There is plenty of talent to go around, I think. We recruit the Houston area hard, but we also do pretty well in Central Texas and the Metroplex. Thanks to Tim Flanders, we have a decent pipeline into Oklahoma. There is so much talent in the Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas areas, not to mention the rural areas. We would all be stacked if a bunch of FBS studs stayed in Texas instead of going to the SEC. Then that would push the lower level FBS talent down to FCS.

ElCid
June 29th, 2017, 02:24 PM
The Valley.....

I think they are definitely a close #2 but the distance between the top couple teams and the bottom is a bit more, at least last year or the previous. But like I said, I like it. Nothing worse than conferences with a big divide in talent.

PAllen
June 29th, 2017, 02:31 PM
I think they are definitely a close #2 but the distance between the top couple teams and the bottom is a bit more, at least last year or the previous. But like I said, I like it. Nothing worse than conferences with a big divide in talent.

Agreed, parity in conference makes for some great football and an exciting season.

JSUSoutherner
June 29th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Wish we could have some competition...

Even when we have a down year like last year we sweep the conference.

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I don't know, personally, I wouldn't mind going back to the days when went undefeated or 1-loss in conference play...xembarrassedx

TheKingpin28
June 29th, 2017, 03:03 PM
They were absolutely abysmal last year. Lost by 60 to a 6-5 Griz team.

This year it's definitely Valpo.

I think people underestimate how bad RMU actually is and that is why MVSU is getting the nod instead. Too bad Klieman will never run up a score so we will never truly know who is the bigger cupcake

Panther88
June 29th, 2017, 03:22 PM
There is plenty of talent to go around, I think. We recruit the Houston area hard, but we also do pretty well in Central Texas and the Metroplex. Thanks to Tim Flanders, we have a decent pipeline into Oklahoma. There is so much talent in the Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas areas, not to mention the rural areas. We would all be stacked if a bunch of FBS studs stayed in Texas instead of going to the SEC. Then that would push the lower level FBS talent down to FCS.

+1. SEC, Big XII, B1G, Pac XII, AAC, MWC, et al as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM
UNI

KPSUL
June 29th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Stetson.

Although they did just fine against Brown last season.

Yes, but they lost about half their tackles, interceptions, sacks and TFL when 2 time All American defensive back Donald Payne graduated.

cx500d
June 29th, 2017, 05:21 PM

You may not have to compete with California schools anymore...

McNeese75
June 29th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Probably somebody called Florida Tech xdontknowx

Daytripper
June 29th, 2017, 05:38 PM
You may not have to compete with California schools anymore...

True!

GodHelpTheBears
June 29th, 2017, 05:42 PM

Yeah, we're gonna need you to stay out of Oklahoma and the Metroplex...

cx500d
June 29th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Yeah, we're gonna need you to stay out of Oklahoma and the Metroplex...

Well, to get back to the metroplex they are going to have to quit getting 60+ points put on them in the quarters

GodHelpTheBears
June 29th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Well, to get back to the metroplex they are going to have to quit getting 60+ points put on them in the quarters

I doubt it will matter that much - we get kids from that area and get 60+ points put on us in regular season games

Daytripper
June 29th, 2017, 08:25 PM

*yawn*

citdog
June 29th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Touchdown James Madison!

Sammy94
June 30th, 2017, 08:55 AM

I doubt this. Keeler just had his best recruiting class since he has been here, 7 of which had FBS offers.

DirtyDukes
June 30th, 2017, 08:56 AM
I doubt this. Keeler just had his best recruiting class since he has been here, 7 of which had FBS offers.

LOOK OUT YOU GUYS! NOW THEY'LL ONLY LOSE BY 30!

Sammy94
June 30th, 2017, 10:05 AM
LOOK OUT YOU GUYS! NOW THEY'LL ONLY LOSE BY 30!

Not sure how you figure that, we may not win a game all year. You guys need something else to talk about.

Daytripper
June 30th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Not sure how you figure that, we may not win a game all year. You guys need something else to talk about.

They only think of us. They wake up with Sam Houston on their minds. They go to sleep to dream of the Bearkats. They spend their precious waking hours obsessing on us. Kinda makes me feel good.

citdog
June 30th, 2017, 11:04 AM
They only think of us. They wake up with Sam Houston on their minds. They go to sleep to dream of the Bearkats. They spend their precious waking hours obsessing on us. Kinda makes me feel good.

Same way you are with our God Emperor.

DirtyDukes
June 30th, 2017, 11:08 AM

We think of you guys the same way we think of Rhode Island - equal parts disdain, pity, and ambivalence.

The difference is Rhodey fans don't puff their chests out like they are NDSU.

Daytripper
June 30th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Same way you are with our Fraud Whimperer.

FIFY

citdog
June 30th, 2017, 11:25 AM
FIFY

Could be Briscoe's playoff performance...

DirtyDukes
June 30th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Could be Briscoe's playoff performance...

Hey! You're talking about a Payton award winner, so you better res.... BAHAHAHAH I can't. I'm sorry I just can't. Can't even pretend to respect him.

caribbeanhen
June 30th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Hey! You're talking about a Payton award winner, so you better res.... BAHAHAHAH I can't. I'm sorry I just can't. Can't even pretend to respect him.

Briscoe will tear up the Southland though..... haha

CHIP72
July 1st, 2017, 08:27 PM
D2-Cheyney University

We have a winner for softest cupcake.

CHIP72
July 1st, 2017, 08:39 PM
We played them once back in 2004. I hate playing D2 schools, but at least we were able to set a record against them. Most points and largest win...we won 98-7 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=242552710)
We were already up 42-0 after the first quarter, 70-0 at halftime...eased up and only outscored them 28-7 in the second half. Our QB only had 68 yards passing because we started running the ball on every play like halfway through the first quarter...and they still couldn't stop us. It was ugly...ROTC guys got a TON of pushups in that day.

Cheyney is usually the worst team in the D2 PSAC, and one of the worst D2 teams in the country every season. They are also one of the smallest D2 schools; they have less than 1000 students and have been facing significant declines in enrollment. (The school itself is in some jeopardy of shutting its doors.) Many of the better PSAC teams beat Cheyney almost as badly as Western Illinois did in the game described above (and like WIU, call off the dogs fairly early in the game).

BisonFan02
July 1st, 2017, 08:46 PM
We have a winner for softest cupcake.

I bet you they could beat MVSU.

CHIP72
July 1st, 2017, 08:57 PM
I bet you they could beat MVSU.

You don't know how truly wretched Cheyney is. MVSU would probably beat them by at least 4-5 touchdowns.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 1st, 2017, 09:28 PM
You don't know how truly wretched Cheyney is. MVSU would probably beat them by at least 4-5 touchdowns.

Cheyney State might be one of the worst college football teams in the country regardless of classification. There's serious talks about shutting it down and merging most of its programs with West Chester. There's some HBCU/funding hurdles though....

ngineer
July 1st, 2017, 10:21 PM

They just started football a few years ago. I thought they were a D-II school. Are they moving up to FCS?

POD Knows
July 2nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
I bet you they could beat MVSU.No way, MVSU would roll them, they have a good band and the highest paid stripper cheerleaders around

caribbeanhen
July 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
They just started football a few years ago. I thought they were a D-II school. Are they moving up to FCS?

I'd be just a little hesitant to call Florida Tech a cupcake...... they might be a cupcake spiked with mary and jane

RabidRabbit
July 2nd, 2017, 12:34 PM
Two DU come to mind. Drake lesser than Duquesne. Altho the mighty fallen Montana St is in there,unless recovered from last year. Glad to have three games to test our defenses out prior to meat grinder league play.

jmufan999
July 2nd, 2017, 11:44 PM
probably Norfolk State. the great part is the play William and Mary at home the week prior, and the Tribe is known for laying an early season clunker for no reason. i'd love to absolutely crush their temporary optimism the next week in Harrisonburg.

just for the sake of clarity, i don't think there is any way Norfolk State wins over W&M. but i could see something like W&M winning by only a TD, just because they always seem to have one atrocious game early on.

McNeese72
July 3rd, 2017, 08:57 AM

Yeah, but they made the D-II playoffs last season.

Edit: Either every team in D-II makes the playoffs or recently we just schedule D-II teams that did. ;)

Doc

clenz
July 3rd, 2017, 09:13 AM

****ing high

BisonFan02
July 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
****ing high

Outside of Misery lately, there isn't a single Valley team that can't beat the other.....and you get the **** kicked out of you the whole time.

ElCid
July 3rd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Outside of Misery lately, there isn't a single Valley team that can't beat the other.....and you get the **** kicked out of you the whole time.

I was just looking at the results from the last couple years and seeing the underdog victories and scores. A bit subjective I admit.

underdawg
July 5th, 2017, 08:07 PM
SIU Dawgs get the Delta Devils after the Bison man-handles them the week before

TribeNomad1
July 5th, 2017, 08:17 PM
probably Norfolk State. the great part is the play William and Mary at home the week prior, and the Tribe is known for laying an early season clunker for no reason. i'd love to absolutely crush their temporary optimism the next week in Harrisonburg.

just for the sake of clarity, i don't think there is any way Norfolk State wins over W&M. but i could see something like W&M winning by only a TD, just because they always seem to have one atrocious game early on.

You must have seen the abortion of the game last year against Elon. xbawlingx

CFBfan
July 6th, 2017, 07:13 AM
It is pretty obviously le high for 'Nova.

and le high's schd is littered with cupcakes as always

Sammy94
July 6th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Take your pick......

http://www.primrose-bakery.co.uk/shop/content/images/thumbs/0000600_gift-box-12-regular-cupcakes.jpeg

POD Knows
July 6th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Take your pick......

http://www.primrose-bakery.co.uk/shop/content/images/thumbs/0000600_gift-box-12-regular-cupcakes.jpeg

FYP

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25407&stc=1

clenz
July 6th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I was just looking at the results from the last couple years and seeing the underdog victories and scores. A bit subjective I admit.
Let's look at this top to bottom - based on standings from last year

MVFC
NDSU
SDSU
YSU
ISUR
UNI
WIU
USD
ISUB
MSU
SIU

SoCon
The Citadel
Wofford
Chatty
Samford
Mercer
Furman
ETSU
VMI
WCU

Please, you have 2 start ups in that conference with Mercer and ETSU.
VMI is a D1 impostor
WCU is MSU

The MVFC has 7 teams who have been in the playoffs in the last 3 years. 3 teams who have played in a title game. In the playoffs something like 80% of the MVFC losses have come to other MVFC teams.

Top to bottom the SoCon isn't close to the MVFC.

This is how the bottom half of the MVFC did in the MVFC last season
Our worst team, by standings, SIU went 2-1 in the OOC with the only loss being a 1 score loss to an FBS program. outscored the two FCS opponents by a combined score of 80-39.
Missouri State beat it's only OOC FCS competition.
Indiana State went 2-0 against the FCS in OOC.
South Dakota went 1-1 and the loss was a 3 point overtime loss AT Big Sky Champion North Dakota
Western Illinois went 3-0 OOC including 2 full scholarship FCS wins and a FBS win

UNI is the only team to do poorly in the OOC last year going 0-2 against the FCS with a 6 point loss to Montana and 3 point loss at Eastern Washington.

Things are clyclical. Eventually the MVFC will come back to the rest of the FCS and the rest of the FCS will pile on the MVFC when they get the chance - deservedly so after how high and might MVFC fans have been recently. However, let's not act like WCU, VMI, Mercer, ETSU and Furman are anything more than Southern Illinois or Missouri State in MVFC play.

DirtyDukes
July 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM
FYP

https://media.giphy.com/media/13u62DeVLpS0UM/giphy.gif

TheRevSFA
July 6th, 2017, 11:37 AM
FYP

thanks for giving us sprinkles

Sammy94
July 6th, 2017, 01:45 PM
FYP

This is great.

POD Knows
July 6th, 2017, 01:59 PM
thanks for giving us sprinklesIf you beat SHSU, you owe me.

ASU33
July 6th, 2017, 02:54 PM
No way, MVSU would roll them, they have a good band and the highest paid stripper cheerleaders around

WTF is a stripper cheerleader?xconfusedx

ElCid
July 6th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Let's look at this top to bottom - based on standings from last year

MVFC
NDSU
SDSU
YSU
ISUR
UNI
WIU
USD
ISUB
MSU
SIU

SoCon
The Citadel
Wofford
Chatty
Samford
Mercer
Furman
ETSU
VMI
WCU

Please, you have 2 start ups in that conference with Mercer and ETSU.
VMI is a D1 impostor
WCU is MSU

The MVFC has 7 teams who have been in the playoffs in the last 3 years. 3 teams who have played in a title game. In the playoffs something like 80% of the MVFC losses have come to other MVFC teams.

Top to bottom the SoCon isn't close to the MVFC.

This is how the bottom half of the MVFC did in the MVFC last season
Our worst team, by standings, SIU went 2-1 in the OOC with the only loss being a 1 score loss to an FBS program. outscored the two FCS opponents by a combined score of 80-39.
Missouri State beat it's only OOC FCS competition.
Indiana State went 2-0 against the FCS in OOC.
South Dakota went 1-1 and the loss was a 3 point overtime loss AT Big Sky Champion North Dakota
Western Illinois went 3-0 OOC including 2 full scholarship FCS wins and a FBS win

UNI is the only team to do poorly in the OOC last year going 0-2 against the FCS with a 6 point loss to Montana and 3 point loss at Eastern Washington.

Things are clyclical. Eventually the MVFC will come back to the rest of the FCS and the rest of the FCS will pile on the MVFC when they get the chance - deservedly so after how high and might MVFC fans have been recently. However, let's not act like WCU, VMI, Mercer, ETSU and Furman are anything more than Southern Illinois or Missouri State in MVFC play.

I think you misunderstood my point. I was saying that the SOCON was the most competitive in its own conference play. Not of any conference. The MVFC is easily the top conf and also has a pretty good level competition within but only considering conf games, I think the SOCON whether the second, third, or fourth best conf overall, still has the most level conf competition. The CAA is spread out pretty far, the Bid Sky even more. The top and bottom of the SOCON are closer. In the last 4 years something like 43% of the SOCON conf games have been decided by 1 score or less.

Really think "I" would think the SOCON tops the MVFC overall? Funny.

Sorry for confusion.

BucBisonAtLarge
July 6th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Two DU come to mind. Drake lesser than Duquesne. Altho the mighty fallen Montana St is in there,unless recovered from last year. Glad to have three games to test our defenses out prior to meat grinder league play.

Beware Duquesne. They have been loading up on FBS wash-outs.

BucBisonAtLarge
July 6th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Marist. Like most years. If we don't beat them, I get really interested in UNM Lobo football for the season.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Beware Duquesne. They have been loading up on FBS wash-outs.
If Duquesne can stay within 30 of SDSU I'll come back and apologize for not taking this post seriously in any way, shape, or form.

clenz
July 6th, 2017, 04:29 PM
If Duquesne can stay within 30 of SDSU I'll come back and apologize for not taking this post seriously in any way, shape, or form.
It's like you learned from the UNI/EIU fiasco....xlolx

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2017, 04:39 PM
It's like you learned from the UNI/EIU fiasco....xlolx

If UNI can stay within 30 of SDSU I'll come back and apologize for thinking you were being a smart ass. :D

POD Knows
July 6th, 2017, 04:56 PM
WTF is a stripper cheerleader?xconfusedxDid you watch the video? I don't know, I was waiting for a stripper pole to show up and sniffers row to magically appear.

ASU33
July 6th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Did you watch the video? I don't know, I was waiting for a stripper pole to show up and sniffers row to magically appear.

#1 Those weren't cheerleaders those were the Satin Dolls(Dance line)

#2 I know seeing women dance with rhythm and hip movement throws you off a little bit, but there was nothing stripper-ish about it.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2017, 07:12 PM

#2 I know seeing women dance with rhythm and hip movement throws you off a little bit, but there was nothing stripper-ish about it.

Is that what they think it is?

ASU33
July 6th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Is that what they think it is?

no. that's what it is.

POD Knows
July 6th, 2017, 07:28 PM

#2 I know seeing women dance with rhythm and hip movement throws you off a little bit, but there was nothing stripper-ish about it.OK, I have been to stripper bars before, and you know, come to think of it, those gals with the stripper poles had rhythm too, just didn't notice it I guess.

cx500d
July 6th, 2017, 07:32 PM

As I said, I kinda liked it.

POD Knows
July 6th, 2017, 07:33 PM

#2 I know seeing women dance with rhythm and hip movement throws you off a little bit, but there was nothing stripper-ish about it.Actually, come to think of it, it reminds me of the Tranny cheerleader deal in The Longest Yard, yea, I need to find the clip.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2017, 07:35 PM
no. that's what it is.

Is it?

Based on on what I saw in 2015 they don't have a clue what rhythm, synchronization, or dance is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMOA8I4j6s&app=desktop

cx500d
July 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Is it?

Based on on what I saw in 2015 they don't have a clue what rhythm, synchronization, or dance is.

Yep, looks like those girls have worked a pole too.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Yep, looks like those girls have worked a pole too.
Yeah, I'm sure sleeves and Sinatra is what you guys were used to having in clubs back in the 60's. :D

ASU33
July 6th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Is it?

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5, 6, 7, 8.xcoffeex

PAllen
July 6th, 2017, 08:36 PM

Based on the first two youtube videos that came up in my search for MVSU cheerleader performances, they look like a bunch of girls who tried out for brazzers but got laughed out of the room.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Based on the first two youtube videos that came up in my search for MVSU cheerleader performances, they look like a bunch of girls who tried out for brazzers but got laughed out of the room.

You had to search cheerleader? This was towards the top of their results when you just search for their football.

DirtyDukes
July 7th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I'm guessing since you all post on a sports message board you'd finish in your trousers before any of those girls could even get your pants off. Grow up, guys.

POD Knows
July 7th, 2017, 08:19 AM
I'm guessing since you all post on a sports message board you'd finish in your trousers before any of those girls could even get your pants off. Grow up, guys.Says the guy that just posted on a message board.

ysubigred
July 7th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Says the guy that just posted on a message board.

Got to remember; spoiled rich kids always hypocrite xnodx

DirtyDukes
July 7th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Says the guy that just posted on a message board.

I'm also not commenting on the attractiveness of other people.

Got to remember; spoiled rich kids always hypocrite xnodx

Wait when did I become rich? I went to JMU, not Richmond bro.

POD Knows
July 7th, 2017, 09:00 AM

Ah, the moral high ground, I ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.

ysubigred
July 7th, 2017, 09:08 AM

you didn't deny spoiled :D

DirtyDukes
July 7th, 2017, 09:22 AM
you didn't deny spoiled :D

I will comment on the attractiveness of Mrs. Dirty and her ability to cook ;) They're both way better than I deserve.

Panther88
July 7th, 2017, 09:47 AM

Wrong audience bruh. xlolx

Panther88
July 7th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Is it?

Errrrrrrrrrrr.......... that's rhythm? Forgot, this is mainstream america. lol ltmds

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

PAllen
July 7th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Wasn't commenting on their appearances. I was commenting on their complete lack of coordination and apparent belief that they were doing anything that was pleasing to the audience.

POD Knows
July 7th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Wasn't commenting on their appearances. I was commenting on their complete lack of coordination and apparent belief that they were doing anything that was pleasing to the audience.He was probably talking to me, I said they looked like the tranny cheerleaders on the first "The Longest Yard", but I was referring more to the dance moves.

cx500d
July 7th, 2017, 05:03 PM

James Mason, George Madison, its all the same.

DirtyDukes
July 8th, 2017, 10:29 AM
For inbred Texans with made up history books, sure.

cx500d
July 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM
For inbred Texans with made up history books, sure.

Don't get me wrong, I thought James Mason was very good in "North By Northwest," however, I am not a native Texan, but I did get here as fast as I could.

Smitty
July 10th, 2017, 12:14 PM
To get back on topic for a quick minute, we have a Davidson flavored cupcake this year

Ivytalk
July 11th, 2017, 06:49 AM
URI is...oatmeal.

Or bran.

BEAR
July 11th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Blue...Houston Baptist...by far.

2014: 70-0
2015: 43-7
2016: 56-13

Rough start for a new SLC team.

cx500d
July 11th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Blue...Houston Baptist...by far.

2014: 70-0
2015: 43-7
2016: 56-13

Rough start for a new SLC team.

Thats up there with Sammy playoff game scores...

POD Knows
July 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM
To get back on topic for a quick minute, we have a Davidson flavored cupcake this year

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25453&stc=1

Go...gate
July 11th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I never think of any game as a "cupcake" for Colgate.

Smitty
July 12th, 2017, 06:20 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25453&stc=1

Hey that's not fair. We have at least upgraded ourselves to donut status, fun to eat but a giant hole in defense...

POD Knows
July 12th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Hey that's not fair. We have at least upgraded ourselves to donut status, fun to eat but a giant hole in defense...LOL, I was going to make the Davidson half of the cupcake about 10 times bigger than the WCU side but the pic looked funny that way, so I just went with this.

JSUSoutherner
July 12th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Hey that's not fair. We have at least upgraded ourselves to donut status, fun to eat but a giant hole in defense...
You guys get sprinkles for the POTMMB. xthumbsupx

Panther88
July 12th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I never think of any game as a "cupcake" for Colgate.

Ditto for any team playing Prairie View A&M Univ. However, I do like the position of PVAMU being an underdog, until some witness how we hit. :D Keep that big stick on that shoulder so that we can knock it off lol. T-minus 1 month and counting.

ASU33
July 12th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Ditto for any team playing Prairie View A&M Univ. However, I do like the position of PVAMU being an underdog, until some witness how we hit. :D Keep that big stick on that shoulder so that we can knock it off lol. T-minus 1 month and counting.

We owe you guys after the game last year.

Panther88
July 12th, 2017, 01:15 PM

See? Man we had a true frosh @ QB slash RB. That game was there for the taking by AlaSU but you all didn't want it. The QB we have lined up for fall 2017 will be vastly improved over what you all saw last fall @ our place.

ASU33
July 12th, 2017, 01:29 PM
See? Man we had a true frosh @ QB slash RB. That game was there for the taking by AlaSU but you all didn't want it. The QB we have lined up for fall 2017 will be vastly improved over what you all saw last fall @ our place.

And the refs that game were blind as bats. Keep in mind we played all season with a 3rd string QB and a multitude of injuries.

Panther88
July 12th, 2017, 02:30 PM
And the refs that game were blind as bats. Keep in mind we played all season with a 3rd string QB and a multitude of injuries.

Bama St looked pretty strong to me. Especially along the DL and the ground/pound game OL run-blocking. I think we debated that OT TD until the wheels fell off. There's a super slo-mo of it somewhere and I'll see if I can locate it.

ASU33
July 12th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Bama St looked pretty strong to me. Especially along the DL and the ground/pound game OL run-blocking. I think we debated that OT TD until the wheels fell off. There's a super slo-mo of it somewhere and I'll see if I can locate it.

The game in Montgomery this year will be epic!

Panther88
July 12th, 2017, 04:49 PM

Y'all got that payback for us eh? :D

ASU33
July 12th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Darn straight!

BisonFan02
July 12th, 2017, 10:10 PM

Darn straight!

http://i.imgur.com/49CxziY.gif

Panther88
July 13th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Darn straight!

:D The game will be epic indeed.

Scrappy94
July 17th, 2017, 11:28 PM
No team on our schedule should be overlooked, but our easiest game will probably be ETSU.