PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Inks Home And Home With Towson and Elon

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Nice pickups for The Citadel.

http://www.citadelsports.com/news/2017/6/5/football-the-citadel-inks-home-and-homes-with-towson-elon.aspx

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Citadel football team has set home-and-home series with Towson and Elon, athletic director Jim Senter (http://www.citadelsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=86) announced Monday.

The Bulldogs and Tigers will meet in Towson's Johnny Unitas Stadium on Sept. 29, 2018, and in Johnson Hagood Stadium for the 2019 season opener. The Citadel will play at Elon's Rhodes Stadium on Sept. 7, 2019, and then host the Phoenix to open the 2020 season. The Bulldogs are meeting Towson for the first time in program history and lead the all-time series with former SoCon foe Elon 8-5. The Citadel has an all-time record of 33-43 against current members of the Colonial Athletic Association.

The additions of Towson and Elon round out The Citadel's 2018 and 2019 schedules. In addition to a competitive Southern Conference slate each season, the Bulldogs host Charleston Southern and travel to Alabama in 2018 before hosting Charleston Southern and playing at Georgia Tech in 2019.

PAllen
June 5th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Good match ups for the citadel. Any Cit to the CAA rumors yet?

Bucs2016
June 5th, 2017, 04:20 PM
xpopcornx
Good match ups for the citadel. Any Cit to the CAA rumors yet?

They'll end up in the Big South before anywhere else.....

Pass the popcorn!

Gangtackle11
June 5th, 2017, 04:41 PM
xpopcornx

Pass the popcorn!

Applying defibrillator to Citdog as I read this. xchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchinscratchxxchinscratc hxxchinscratchx

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 04:45 PM
xpopcornx

Pass the popcorn!

It would be an EASY way to the Playoffs EVERY YEAR...

etiger
June 5th, 2017, 04:59 PM
This is a very good home-and-home for Towson and Citadel. Towson is recruiting in North and South Carolina and Georgia. This is a good way to showcase TU to the south kids. We have a 3 NC, 1 SC and 1 GA on the team now, plus 3 NC kids coming in the fall.

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 05:14 PM
This is a very good home-and-home for Towson and Citadel. Towson is recruiting in North and South Carolina and Georgia. This is a good way to showcase TU to the south kids. We have a 3 NC, 1 SC and 1 GA on the team now, plus 3 NC kids coming in the fall.

It's THE Citadel. You'll learn that quite well when we go through you like Lee went through Pope at 2nd Manassas.

etiger
June 5th, 2017, 05:27 PM
OK. "THE Citadel". Sorry to upset you. You might have one that battle at 2nd Manassas, but the NORTH WON THE WAR! TU is the North and we will come down to SC with the scorch and burn mentality like Sherman did to the south. Go Tigers.

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 05:28 PM
OK. "THE Citadel". Sorry to upset you. You might have one that battle at 2nd Manassas, but the NORTH WON THE WAR! TU is the North and we will come down to SC with the scorch and burn mentality like Sherman did to the south. Go Tigers.

War Criminals gonna War Criminal...

DFW HOYA
June 5th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Baltimore is as far north as the Bulldogs plan to travel without cavalry.

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Baltimore is as far north as the Bulldogs plan to travel without cavalry.

Gotta keep JEB from joyriding again and do his job keeping us abreast of the movements of the yankee army.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 5th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Good to see Citadel testing themselves with the cream of the CAA crop. Any word on a series for them with Rhody?

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Good to see Citadel testing themselves with the cream of the CAA crop. Any word on a series for them with Rhody?

Got to find opening tuneup games against easy FCS opponents. We found 'em...

Tribe4SF
June 7th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Gotta keep JEB from joyriding again and do his job keeping us abreast of the movements of the yankee army.

So he's in Georgia then?

FUBeAR
June 7th, 2017, 05:01 PM

Looks like Towson only trailed Richmond about 20% of the time in their game in 2016 and they held the lead going into the 4th quarter, before eventually losing by the margin of a Field Goal. Seems like the Tigers are a pretty good representation of the CAA as they were just 3 late points away from having the same Conference record as the Arachnids.

citdog
June 7th, 2017, 05:07 PM
So he's in Georgia then?

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/541a2f43e4b06fd9d82ed31f/t/555d5b65e4b0ca1ccdad115d/1432181622529/

citdog
June 7th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Looks like Towson only trailed Richmond about 20% of the time in their game in 2016 and they held the lead going into the 4th quarter, before eventually losing by the margin of a Field Goal. Seems like the Tigers are a pretty good representation of the CAA as they were just 3 late points away from having the same Conference record as the Arachnids.

https://media.tenor.co/images/c6ed24568f982bd1da079b8185a074fd/tenor.gif

Mocs123
June 7th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Interesting pickup for The Citadel. Townson is a decent CAA team (at least some years) and though Elon has been a really bad CAA team but a reasonably close drive. It will be a nice change of pace from the Big South teams that ya'll normally play.

I wish The Citadel or Wofford played JMU this year instead of ETSU playing them.

youcanbankit
June 7th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Building the easy wins......just keep smiling

Nice pickups for The Citadel.

http://www.citadelsports.com/news/2017/6/5/football-the-citadel-inks-home-and-homes-with-towson-elon.aspx

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Citadel football team has set home-and-home series with Towson and Elon, athletic director Jim Senter (http://www.citadelsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=86) announced Monday.

The Bulldogs and Tigers will meet in Towson's Johnny Unitas Stadium on Sept. 29, 2018, and in Johnson Hagood Stadium for the 2019 season opener. The Citadel will play at Elon's Rhodes Stadium on Sept. 7, 2019, and then host the Phoenix to open the 2020 season. The Bulldogs are meeting Towson for the first time in program history and lead the all-time series with former SoCon foe Elon 8-5. The Citadel has an all-time record of 33-43 against current members of the Colonial Athletic Association.

The additions of Towson and Elon round out The Citadel's 2018 and 2019 schedules. In addition to a competitive Southern Conference slate each season, the Bulldogs host Charleston Southern and travel to Alabama in 2018 before hosting Charleston Southern and playing at Georgia Tech in 2019.

Mocs123
June 7th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Building the easy wins......just keep smiling

Says the Samford fan. When is the last time Samford played a all D1 schedule? Though I do like the Kennesaw Game this year and the UCA game the past two years.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 7th, 2017, 09:16 PM

Good to see that citdog has supporters of his very traditional rival, Mercer, flocking to his support.

And yes, Towson is solid. They'll probably sweep the series.

Mocs123
June 7th, 2017, 09:26 PM

I doubt that, unless The Citadel fades significantly. They have a really good team and the option is something lots of teams have problem defending.

citdog
June 7th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Good to see that citdog has supporters of his very traditional rival, Mercer, flocking to his support.

xlolx

Ask Huesman if he wants to play us.

KPSUL
June 7th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Got to find opening tuneup games against easy FCS opponents. We found 'em...

THE Citadel 1; CAA 3

citdog
June 7th, 2017, 10:34 PM
THE Citadel 1; CAA 3

Those games mean as much as our All Time Series vs Richmond and William and Mary from their SoCon days do.

FUBeAR
June 7th, 2017, 10:41 PM

I believe you may have overlooked the FU at the beginning of my screen name. Me & the Bellhops, in fact, do go quite a ways back, ma'am.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 8th, 2017, 05:12 PM
I believe you may have overlooked the FU at the beginning of my screen name. Me & the Bellhops, in fact, do go quite a ways back, ma'am.

OK, great. Thanks for our new offensive lineman.

Go...gate
June 8th, 2017, 06:59 PM
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/541a2f43e4b06fd9d82ed31f/t/555d5b65e4b0ca1ccdad115d/1432181622529/

Seriously, that is a great map. Thank you for posting.

FUBeAR
June 8th, 2017, 06:59 PM
OK, great. Thanks for our new offensive lineman. Yep - probably a win for all 3 parties involved. 4, if you count the future 'Din who will get the freed-up schollie.

Go...gate
June 8th, 2017, 07:00 PM
We have to get The Citadel and Colgate to do a home-and-home....

ElCid
June 9th, 2017, 09:27 AM
We have to get The Citadel and Colgate to do a home-and-home....

I could go for that. Would love a trip back to upstate NY. Not been there since my early days when I was stationed up in Rome. Think I would take my Dad as well. He used to watch you all occasionally when he was growing up. Primary when you all used to play Syracuse in the mid/late 40s. It would be nostalgic for him.