PDA

View Full Version : 25 best conference games in FCS

ASU33
June 2nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/25-best-conference-games-in-fcs-060217

cx500d
June 2nd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Not NDSU vs Eastern Washington?

KPSUL
June 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Not NDSU vs Eastern Washington? Should be a great "out of" conference game.

BisonFan02
June 2nd, 2017, 09:06 PM
I notice a slight omission....its on the tip of my tongue...hmmmmm..... xlolx

ST_Lawson
June 2nd, 2017, 09:52 PM
I know it's most likely not going to decide the conference title or anything (not directly, anyway), but I think WIU at Illinois State will be a pretty big one this year. Both teams should be in the upper half of the conference, so it will likely make some impact in playoff positioning and stuff, but also the fact that this will be the 100th meeting between the two teams going back to, I think 1904.

cx500d
June 2nd, 2017, 10:16 PM
Should be a great "out of" conference game.

Oh yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
June 3rd, 2017, 02:58 PM
#10 is Charleston Southern at Kennesaw St. This will be a great one. Big South champion is whoever wins this one.

#6 is Wofford at Citadel. Im a fan of neither but living in Charleston I may have to attend this one. These 2 teams knock the snot out of opponents and both run triple option. I went to the 2016 playoff game between these 2 and it was as entertaining a football game as Ive been to in FCS without my team playing. Plus....a downtown Charleston fall Saturday is nearly impossible to beat.

PAllen
June 3rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
Umm, no, just no.

Harvard-Penn
Lehigh-Fordham
St. Francis-Duquesne

Really?

dewey
June 3rd, 2017, 03:38 PM
No Montana vs. Montana State?

Dewey

citdog
June 3rd, 2017, 03:55 PM
Umm, no, just no.

Harvard-Penn
Lehigh-Fordham
St. Francis-Duquesne

Really?

Don't want to hurt y'alls feelers. That's what the Playoffs are for...

citdog
June 3rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
#10 is Charleston Southern at Kennesaw St. This will be a great one. Big South champion is whoever wins this one.

And an automatic playoff berth as undeserved as the one that the NEC, Pioneer, and patsy league receive.

Bucs2016
June 3rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
And an automatic playoff berth as undeserved as the one that the NEC, Pioneer, and patsy league receive.

Big South lost 2 programs to FBS. Yes, it weakened us. Dont worry. Kennesaw and North Alabama will fill the voids very quick.

Past 25 years, playoff wins:
Citadel 1
CSU 1
Head to head record .500
If we arent worthy...then neither are yall.

But yes...the Big South MUST fill the void Liberty and CCU are leaving. Same as the SoCon had to when they had teams jump to FBS.

citdog
June 3rd, 2017, 04:17 PM
Big South lost 2 programs to FBS. Yes, it weakened us. Dont worry. Kennesaw and North Alabama will fill the voids very quick.

Past 25 years, playoff wins:
Citadel 1
CSU 1
Head to head record .500
If we arent worthy...then neither are yall.

But yes...the Big South MUST fill the void Liberty and CCU are leaving. Same as the SoCon had to when they had teams jump to FBS.

The Big South Champion in 2017 will be as deserving of an automatic bid as the champion of the pioneer league.

FUBeAR
June 3rd, 2017, 04:24 PM
Mercer @ Furman 2017 should be on the list.

Mercer, with former Furman star & Head Coach, Bobby Lamb, as their Head Coach, has beaten Furman the past 2 years, on a very late TD pass after FU had just retaken the lead in 2016 and in OT in 2015 after Furman missed a 35 yard XP (due to a somewhat controversial Unsportsmanlike call) at the end of regulation which, if made, would have ended the game in a Paladin win. These games followed Furman's narrow 5 point win in 2014, when the defending SoCon Champions came into Macon expected to rout a 2nd year Bears program with only a year of playing experience in the PFL and a team largely composed of walk-on level Players.

Well, for 2017, the Paladins have really upped the ante. Furman designated the Mercer game as their Homecoming game. And, in the offseason, the 'Dins hired former Furman star & OL Coach, Clay Hendrix from his Asst HC & OC job at Air Force to be the new Head Coach at Furman. Coach Lamb & Coach Hendrix happened to have been 4 year Teammates at Furman AND they both played on the 1981 GA State Championship Team at Commerce High AND they have know each other since they were young boys living on the same street in Commerce. They have NEVER opposed each other before 2017.

i know my former FU Teammates, particularly those that came in with Coaches Lamb & Hendrix and took the Paladins to the 1985 1-AA National Championship game, are planning a 'mandatory attendance' weekend & I'm sure Mercer will load up the buses with students as they did in 2015 and bring a BIG crowd. October 21 is fairly late in the season and neither Team is projected to 'have a say' in the SoCon Champioship in 2017, but I have a feeling that one or both of them just may. If so, this game will be a treat for all!

Schism55
June 3rd, 2017, 05:48 PM
No Montana vs. Montana State?

Dewey
No. Who knows what Montana will be this year. Very high probability Montana St is bad again and they have a brutal schedule to boot.

Bucs2016
June 3rd, 2017, 07:43 PM
The Big South Champion in 2017 will be as deserving of an automatic bid as the champion of the pioneer league.

They are non scholarship. Their champion will have no wins over a scholarship program. We will be down this year bc of CCU and LU going FBS. But we arent the Pioneer League.

The Big South will rebound just fine. Just like SoCon did when App and GSU left.

citdog
June 3rd, 2017, 07:48 PM
They are non scholarship. Their champion will have no wins over a scholarship program. We will be down this year bc of CCU and LU going FBS. But we arent the Pioneer League.

The Big South will rebound just fine. Just like SoCon did when App and GSU left.

Y'all ain't the SoCon. How many NC's did Liberty or Coastal have?

PAllen
June 4th, 2017, 06:07 AM

The same number as all of the current socon teams not named Furman combined.

BTW, total number of championship game appearances by current members - Socon 3 ( all Furman): Patriot League 2

cx500d
June 4th, 2017, 10:27 AM

Pioneer league beat cal poly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 01:29 PM

How many does the current SoCon have??? 1 with Furman. In the 1980s. App and GSU were big time and moved up. Coastal eventually would have won one, and came close.

But the last 3 or 4 years the SoCon and Big South, according to Sagarin, have been very close to each other. Sorry man. The old glorious SoCon with Marshall, GSU, App is gone. Still a top 5 FCS conference. But Sagarin said the Big South has been close to the same the past few years. KSU and N. Alabama need to step up though, thats true.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, total number of championship game appearances by current members - Socon 3 ( all Furman): Patriot League 2

Exactly right. I guess Furman carries the SoCons history flag now haha, although Wofford has put together quite a run since joining.

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 01:35 PM
How many does the current SoCon have??? 1 with Furman. In the 1980s. App and GSU were big time and moved up. Coastal eventually would have won one, and came close.

But the last 3 or 4 years the SoCon and Big South, according to Sagarin, have been very close to each other. Sorry man. The old glorious SoCon with Marshall, GSU, App is gone. Still a top 5 FCS conference. But Sagarin said the Big South has been close to the same the past few years. KSU and N. Alabama need to step up though, thats true.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly right. I guess Furman carries the SoCons history flag now haha, although Wofford has put together quite a run since joining.

Comparing Liberty and Coastal to Marshall, App St, and GaSO is laughable. What your buddies in the other leagues that matchup with the little South and you have in common is that you play NOBODY. The little South has WAY more in common with the other bottom feeders in the FCS Pioneer, NEC, and patsy than it does with the MVFC, SoCon, etc. Just own it Bro! Y'all were a bottom feeder when you had coastal and liberty and you are a bottom feeder without them.

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Comparing Liberty and Coastal to Marshall, App St, and GaSO is laughable. What your buddies in the other leagues that matchup with the little South and you have in common is that you play NOBODY. The little South has WAY more in common with the other bottom feeders in the FCS Pioneer, NEC, and patsy than it does with the MVFC, SoCon, etc. Just own it Bro! Y'all were a bottom feeder when you had coastal and liberty and you are a bottom feeder without them.

1. I didn't compare the programs to each other, i compared the leagues both losing 2 of their top teams. I know they teach reading comprehension and context at Citadel.
2. Check the experts. Sagarin had Big South and SoCon ranked very close. In fact for a year or two our conference won the majority of head to head matchups. Last season out of 13 conferences the SoCon was #2. The Big South...#4.

3. We were bottom feeders? Hmmm. We have 3 Big South championships and won our share vs LU and CCU. This league was founded in 2002 and only 4 teams have a rring. CCU, LU, CSU and GWU (who won it in 2002).

4. Final fact....The Citadel would not have won the Big South in 2016. 0r 2015. Or 2014. Or 2013. Or...well...yall probably would've won it in 2002 or 2003. Not sure you'd ever have won it after that. So your 2 SoCon titles in 2015 and 2016 are nice. But you wouldn't have won the Big South in either of those years. 2015 we proved on the field you wouldnt (twice). Wofford would have. Probably Samford and UTC too. But not yall.

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 01:57 PM
2016 FCS conference rankings.

Out of 13 conferences

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 01:58 PM
1. I didn't compare the programs to each other, i compared the leagues both losing 2 of their top teams. I know they teach reading comprehension and context at Citadel.
2. Check the experts. Sagarin had Big South and SoCon ranked very close. In fact for a year or two our conference won the majority of head to head matchups.
3. We were bottom feeders? Hmmm. We have 3 Big South championships and won our share vs LU and CCU. This league was founded in 2002 and only 4 teams have a rring. CCU, LU, CSU and GWU (who won it in 2002).

4. Final fact....The Citadel would not have won the Big South in 2016. 0r 2015. Or 2014. Or 2013. Or...well...yall probably would've won it in 2002 or 2003. Not sure you'd ever have won it after that. So your 2 SoCon titles in 2015 and 2016 are nice. But you wouldn't have won the Big South in either of those years. 2015 we proved on the field you wouldnt (twice). Wofford would have. Probably Samford and UTC too. But not yall.

That's funny. We would have 10 little South Championships if we lowered ourselves to "compete" in that cute little league...

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 02:05 PM
That's funny. We would have 10 little South Championships if we lowered ourselves to "compete" in that cute little league...

Really??? What years? Not 2013 or 2014 or 2015. We settled that on the field. Yall were awful in the 2006-2012 years so Coastal or Stoney Brook would've sent ya packing.

2005???? Yeah. We won it in 2005 and yall beat us that year head to head. And...yall probably would've beat Gardner Webb in 2002 and 2003.

So 3 maybe?

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Really??? What years? Not 2013 or 2014 or 2015. We settled that on the field. Yall were awful in the 2006-2012 years so Coastal or Stoney Brook would've sent ya packing.

2005???? Yeah. We won it in 2005 and yall beat us that year head to head. And...yall probably would've beat Gardner Webb in 2002 and 2003.

So 3 maybe?

Nah EVERY year. WE compete against good teams every week...

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Nah EVERY year. WE compete against good teams every week...

Hahaha. You're embarrassing yourself.

Ok. In 2014 Coastal Carolina blew you out at your place and you lost to us. So not that year. 2015 we settled it twice on the field. On field in 2013 also.

Just comparing Citadel vs Coastal season results from 2004-2012....no chance yall win it. Not to mention Stony Brook and Liberty. Yall were terrible those years (so were we for many of them).

2005 yes.
2002 and 2003? Maybe. GWU was pretty good, yall werent. But yall would've had a shot.

Citadel in Big South 2002-2016....maybe 3 rings. Maybe. Wofford, 7 or 8. UTC/Samford...4 or 5. Furman, 2 or 3.

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Hahaha. You're embarrassing yourself.

Ok. In 2014 Coastal Carolina blew you out at your place and you lost to us. So not that year. 2015 we settled it twice on the field. On field in 2013 also.

Just comparing Citadel vs Coastal season results from 2004-2012....no chance yall win it. Not to mention Stony Brook and Liberty. Yall were terrible those years (so were we for many of them).

2005 yes.
2002 and 2003? Maybe. GWU was pretty good, yall werent. But yall would've had a shot.

Citadel in Big South 2002-2016....maybe 3 rings. Maybe.

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Hahaha now you're being silly. Its ok. Its all in good fun. But 3 tops. Maybe. Only 2005 for sure because it was proven on the field. Definitely not 2013-2015 or 2006 because it too was proven on the field.

PAllen
June 4th, 2017, 03:40 PM

Why stop at Marshall? The Socon used to include Clemson and the like. If you're going to claim irrelevant performance of former members, why not go all the way?

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Why stop at Marshall? The Socon used to include Clemson and the like. If you're going to claim irrelevant performance of former members, why not go all the way?

The performance of the patsy leagues members TODAY is irrelevant.

In I-AA and now FCS History the Southern Conference has been THE dominant conference. 4 playoff teams in 2016 shows we are right back to being there again. How many did the patsy league place in the Playoffs?

Your champion last year couldn't stay within 6 touchdowns of a 7-4 UNH team that had no business in the Playoffs EITHER.

PAllen
June 4th, 2017, 06:03 PM
The performance of the patsy leagues members TODAY is irrelevant.

In I-AA and now FCS History the Southern Conference has been THE dominant conference. 4 playoff teams in 2016 shows we are right back to being there again. How many did the patsy league place in the Playoffs?

Your champion last year couldn't stay within 6 touchdowns of a 7-4 UNH team that had no business in the Playoffs EITHER.

Nice attempt at a redirect. Furman is the only part of that Socon history that's still around. The Socon was once one of the most formidable conferences in all of college football. Then the big boys left and the Socon wasn't such a big deal. You guys successfully reinvented yourselves as a top I-AA/FCS conference. Then the top teams left. Now you're still a good conference, but you're leaning way to hard on the past glories of schools that chose to no longer associate with you.

citdog
June 4th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Nice attempt at a redirect. Furman is the only part of that Socon history that's still around. The Socon was once one of the most formidable conferences in all of college football. Then the big boys left and the Socon wasn't such a big deal. You guys successfully reinvented yourselves as a top I-AA/FCS conference. Then the top teams left. Now you're still a good conference, but you're leaning way to hard on the past glories of schools that chose to no longer associate with you.

It's still a far superior league than that association of yankee cuck schools known as the patsy league.

TOUCHDOWN NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Bucs2016
June 4th, 2017, 08:04 PM

To be fair Sagarin/Massey rate the SoCon as the #2 strongest conference of 13 FCS.

DFW HOYA
June 5th, 2017, 05:37 AM
It's not going to go well for Citdog if the PL moves to add The Citadel and VMI.

Catamount87
June 5th, 2017, 09:05 AM

Sorry, you counted wrong. Current SoCon teams have appeared in 4 NC games, WCU in 1983 and Furman in 1985, '88 (won) and 2001. If we are counting all SoCon team appearances (as SoCon members) then the list gets a lot longer. BTW, the SoCon is 8-6 in NC games.

83, WCU
85, Furman
88, Furman (won)
92, Marshall (won)
92, Marshall
95, Marshall
96, Marshall (won)
98, GSU
99, GSU (won)
00, GSU, won)
05, ASU (won)
06, ASU (won)
07, ASU (won)

You can see the list of NC games here, http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fcs

PAllen
June 5th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Sorry, you counted wrong. Current SoCon teams have appeared in 4 NC games, WCU in 1983 and Furman in 1985, '88 (won) and 2001. If we are counting all SoCon team appearances (as SoCon members) then the list gets a lot longer. BTW, the SoCon is 8-6 in NC games.

83, WCU
85, Furman
88, Furman (won)
92, Marshall (won)
92, Marshall
95, Marshall
96, Marshall (won)
98, GSU
99, GSU (won)
00, GSU, won)
05, ASU (won)
06, ASU (won)
07, ASU (won)

You are correct, I missed WCU in 83. Of course, that appearance means just about as much to the current strength of the program as Lehigh's in 79, which is not at all. Crap, the numbers for the last 25+ years are Furman 1 - Colgate 1, everyone else 0.

Lehigh'98
June 5th, 2017, 11:26 AM
UNH - Maine on 8/31 - *Lombardi Voice* What the hell is going on out here??

Mattymc727
June 5th, 2017, 11:40 AM
UNH - Maine on 8/31 - *Lombardi Voice* What the hell is going on out here??

I think it deserves to be much higher on the list. Hopefully it gets a nice TV spot. Will certainly be a fun game to go to.

Serpentor
June 5th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Didn't make the list, but Richmond vs. SHSU should be good.

Grizalltheway
June 5th, 2017, 12:11 PM

Also not a conference game. Or a stadium.

BEAR
June 5th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I don't remember if I posted yet so I'll say SHSU at UCA. Last year we had no answer for the pass game against Samford, SHSU, or EWU. Hopefully this year we have a better pass defense and have had the opportunity to plan against it. Will it be successful. Eh..who knows. But its got to be better than we did last year.

Also my vote goes to McNeese at UCA. As our pathetic athletic administration shows the homecoming game as such. Yeah, exactly.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25161&stc=1

Sammy94
June 5th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I don't remember if I posted yet so I'll say SHSU at UCA. Last year we had no answer for the pass game against Samford, SHSU, or EWU. Hopefully this year we have a better pass defense and have had the opportunity to plan against it. Will it be successful. Eh..who knows. But its got to be better than we did last year.

Also my vote goes to McNeese at UCA. As our pathetic athletic administration shows the homecoming game as such. Yeah, exactly.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25161&stc=1

And it looks like you are apparently playing Texas Southern on the same day. xeyebrowx

BEAR
June 5th, 2017, 01:52 PM
And it looks like you are apparently playing Texas Southern on the same day. xeyebrowx

Yeah, FCS will never have to worry about UCA winning it all. We can't even get the logo for our in conference opponents correct. See, when you're this pathetic other programs have little to worry about. Disorganization flows down from the top. xrotatehx

wapiti
June 5th, 2017, 02:20 PM
No. Who knows what Montana will be this year. Very high probability Montana St is bad again and they have a brutal schedule to boot.

When the only criteria the author mentions is "when emotions and the action on the field are heightened to another level", then leaving out Cat/griz is a YUGE omission.

citdog
June 5th, 2017, 02:32 PM
When the only criteria the author mentions is "when emotions and the action on the field are heightened to another level", then leaving out Cat/griz is a YUGE omission.

As is The Citadel vs Virginia's Marching Idiots...

Lehigh'98
June 6th, 2017, 06:45 AM

Nah

Bucs2016
June 6th, 2017, 11:15 AM

Its the Army/Navy of FCS. It should be included in the 25 best FCS conference games for sure, regardless of record.

kdinva
June 6th, 2017, 11:36 AM

Marching to tear down the General's Pee walls..... xslapfightx

- - - Updated - - -

Its the Army/Navy of FCS. It should be included in the 25 best FCS conference games for sure, regardless of record.

xhighfivex

DirtyDukes
June 6th, 2017, 12:02 PM

Reading is hard

Anthony215
June 6th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Delaware v Nova is always a good one regardless of the record most years its a highly competitive game. Both schools are roughly a hour apart with traffic and with no traffic a quick 45 minute trip.

jmufan999
June 6th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Delaware v Nova is always a good one regardless of the record most years its a highly competitive game.

I guess you could say they're competitive, but Nova has won 5 straight. And that's with a relatively pathetic Nova offense the last couple of years.

Sitting Bull
June 6th, 2017, 02:05 PM
I've been to very few W&M/Delaware games that weren't exciting and crowded, 12,000 or more in attendance.

JSUSoutherner
June 6th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Reading is hard
Don't be too hard on him. He is just a SHSU fan after all. xdrunkyx

Professor
June 7th, 2017, 09:00 AM
We made the list at #11 interesting

GreenGlasses
August 19th, 2017, 11:50 PM

83, WCU
85, Furman
88, Furman (won)
92, Marshall (won)
92, Marshall
95, Marshall
96, Marshall (won)
98, GSU
99, GSU (won)
00, GSU, won)
05, ASU (won)
06, ASU (won)
07, ASU (won)

Sorry to resurrect this thread but you are missing Marshall 1987. Marshall 42 -- NE Louisiana 43 (UL Monroe). That was the Herd's 1st national championship game.

Also replacing Coastal and Liberty will be much easier than replacing Marshall, App and GA Southern. The 3 last universities own 11 of the 39 (34%) IAA/FCS Titles.

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 12:25 AM

Last I checked this was a list of best CONFERENCE games so SHSU and Richmond should not have made the list.

SHSU and Richmond is a must watch out of conference game.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
August 20th, 2017, 06:53 AM
I wish the FCS had 25 good out of conference match ups...

SU DOG
August 20th, 2017, 02:02 PM

Hammer meets nail! I don't know about 25, but I do not think the SoCon has enough. I would be interested to see some good SoCon vs CAA games for example-Just my opinion.

GodHelpTheBears
August 20th, 2017, 02:13 PM

Missouri State-Murray State doesn't do it for you?

caribbeanhen
August 20th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Hammer meets nail! I don't know about 25, but I do not think the SoCon has enough. I would be interested to see some good SoCon vs CAA games for example-Just my opinion.

Elon is about as close as we can get.... No, I would love to see the CAA play anyone besides that cupcake OOC slate

For example, Delaware has Delaware State and Cornell this year, I won't mention Va Tech as they are FBS

next year we do play North Dakota State anyway

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 02:58 PM

Here are some i came across while looking.
NDSU @ Eastern Washington
Richmond @ Sam Houston State
Jacksonville State & Chattanooga
Northern Iowa hosts Cal Poly
Eastern Washington @ Fordham
Cal Poly hosts Colgate
Villanova @ Lehigh (maybe)
Illinois State @ Northern Arizona (maybe)
North Dakota (GFCC) @ South Dakota

Dewey

GreenGlasses
August 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM

Myself I wouldn't mind seeing a CAA -- SoCon Challenge Weekend. It wouldn't have to have all schools involved but maybe 4 or 5 schools from each conference. Maybe something like:

Chattanooga vs Nova
Delaware vs Furman
Citadel vs New Hampshire
William and Mary vs Samford
ETSU vs Elon

And switch teams in and out every year.

caribbeanhen
August 20th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Some obvious ones of the top of my head would be.
NDSU @ Eastern Washington
Richmond @ Sam Houston State
Jacksonville State & Chattanooga
Northern Iowa @ Cal Poly
Eastern Washington @ Fordham

Dewey

all good ones, I thinks Colgate plays Cal Poly as well, not a bad game

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 03:08 PM
all good ones, I thinks Colgate plays Cal Poly as well, not a bad game

Agreed and added.

Dewey

ElCid
August 20th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I am going to say for the SOCON that they include the following ten games. Most are between the four favorites but I think Furman and Mercer can create some havoc. There may well be some other upsets, but I think these will determine the season.

Furman at Wofford: Week one, what a way to start. Is Furman better this year? Will Wofford continue to roll?
The Citadel at Samford: 30 Sept. First true test for both Dogs. Could be key match up for the season.
Wofford at The Citadel: 14 Oct. Key match up.
The Citadel at UTC: 21 Oct. Key match up.
Samford at Wofford: 21 Oct. Key match up.
UTC at Samford: 28 Oct. Key match up.
UTC at Wofford: 4 Nov. Key match up.
Samford at Mercer: 4 Nov. Can Mercer spoil Samford's season. They have done that occasionally to teams.
The Citadel at Furman: 11 Nov. Can Furman win this one and spoil the Dog's season?
Furman at Samford: 18 Nov. Can Furman spoil the 'bama Dogs season?

caribbeanhen
August 20th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Agreed and added.

Dewey

South Dakota State at Montana State week 2
and the Delta Devils head back to the MVFC for game 2 as well, against Southern Illinois.... not that it's a fair match up

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 10:10 PM
South Dakota State at Montana State week 2
and the Delta Devils head back to the MVFC for game 2 as well, against Southern Illinois.... not that it's a fair match up

I saw the SDSU at Montana State game but wasn't sure since MSU was not good last year. It is certainly worth keeping track of.

Dewey

Scrappy94
August 20th, 2017, 10:16 PM

You may be getting at least one. I can't find the article, but I saw a few months ago that Chattanooga was either working on or had signed a contract for a series with James Madison. I wish I could find where I read that. It's driving me nuts.

wmmii
August 20th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Do not see one of the oldest rivalries in the South and a game that often decides CAA bids for NCAA-these teams have played 126 times:

W&M vs Richmond!

Go...gate
August 21st, 2017, 12:31 AM
It's not going to go well for Citdog if the PL moves to add The Citadel and VMI.

That would be a hoot!