PDA

View Full Version : GoHens.net

SENOREIDA
June 1st, 2017, 11:11 AM
Sorry, if this is in the wrong area. But, I have been trying to register for GoHens.net for quite some time now, and can't find a way. Thought the best way to do it is to start a smoke signal. If an admin of the site sees this, could you PM me?

HensRock
June 1st, 2017, 12:07 PM
Sorry Senoreida.
I had new account registrations turned off for several months now due to bogus accounts being created.
I just re-enabled registrations. Go to the site and you will see a "Register" link near upper right.
Welcome to GoHens.net !

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2017, 12:45 PM
Sorry Senoreida.
I had new account registrations turned off for several months now due to bogus accounts being created.
I just re-enabled registrations. Go to the site and you will see a "Register" link near upper right.
Welcome to GoHens.net !

xlolx

I had done that same thing for over a year about a year back and it was so nice to have that break of not having to separate the real from the spamdicks.

Had a mod installed that won't allow a new user to just post without having the post moderated first and it has actually worked pretty well in case you are looking for a workable solution. PM if interested.

Anthony215
June 1st, 2017, 02:21 PM
Here's a funny thing I was wondering the same thing for about a month or so. Never thought to inquire about it here on this message board though.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2017, 02:45 PM
Here's a funny thing I was wondering the same thing for about a month or so. Never thought to inquire about it here on this message board though.

AGS is a really good hub of many of people doing many things in FCS but especially other board owners etc. Usually a good place to inquire cuz someone knows someone that can help you out I'd bet.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2017, 02:47 PM

AGS is a really good hub for many of the people doing many things in FCS but especially other board owners etc. Usually a good place to inquire cuz someone knows someone that can help you out I'd bet.

BTW, if you happen to be in Amsterdam and are trying to sign up I'd suggest pm'ing HensRock here and letting him know. xlolx

ST_Lawson
June 1st, 2017, 04:17 PM
AGS is a really good hub of many of people doing many things in FCS but especially other board owners etc. Usually a good place to inquire cuz someone knows someone that can help you out I'd bet.

This is true...usually the people who are passionate enough about their own team to start or run their own message board for them are also the ones most likely to want to branch out to the larger FCS community. That's the way it worked with me, anyway.

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2017, 08:33 PM
Sorry, if this is in the wrong area. But, I have been trying to register for GoHens.net for quite some time now, and can't find a way. Thought the best way to do it is to start a smoke signal. If an admin of the site sees this, could you PM me?

glad you were able to register, sorry I wasn't much help...

gsf23nd
January 11th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Did you turn off registrations again?

BisonBacker
January 11th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Did you turn off registrations again?

Yup he did. xsmhx

IBleedYellow
January 11th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Reading over there that they think we have Oil Money flowing to the football program. :D

caribbeanhen
January 11th, 2018, 04:49 PM
this was posted on gohens by the site owner Hensrock, I'm sure he will see this soon and Bison fans will be able to sign up

Dear GoHens Members,
The site has been experiencing technical difficulties lately.
My host provider swears nothing has changed, but I feel that the site's performance is definitely slower and it is also getting errors at times when there are a high number of users on the site. I will have to dig into this more, but with my work schedule I just have not had the time. One possible solution which my provider of course suggests, is to upgrade my plan ($$$). I've been on the same plan for 10 years and nothing has really changed much on my end.

There may be more disruptions in the future, but GoHens.net is NOT going away!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as I resolve the issues. Thanks!

GO HENS!

Nickels
January 11th, 2018, 08:36 PM
AGS is a really good hub of many of people doing many things in FCS

Got any interesting traffic stats? The number of views on some threads and number users online is surprising to me sometimes.

IBleedYellow
January 12th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Got any interesting traffic stats? The number of views on some threads and number users online is surprising to me sometimes.Just go look at the AGS FCS Twitter account....

There are some very high ranking people that follow that account. You can assume they read here too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
January 12th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Got any interesting traffic stats? The number of views on some threads and number users online is surprising to me sometimes.

Traffic stats from years back when I had google analytics going (should get that set up again but just don't seem to GAF about it) showed 1 million to 1.5 million page views/month and between 35-45K in unique users in the heavy months but that was back in like 2011 or 2012 so not sure what it is now.

As IBY said, there are a ton of fairly high profile FCS people like coaches from HC on down the line and AD's etc. that follow the AGS twitter account and Phil Longo has interacted with us over there as well as former players and other Athletic Dept. peops from around the country. A lot of FCS media people like radio folks etc. also interact or follow with us there as well.

Don't know if that answers what you were asking but it's the best I got from memory.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 12th, 2018, 12:59 PM
this was posted on gohens by the site owner Hensrock, I'm sure he will see this soon and Bison fans will be able to sign up

Dear GoHens Members,
My host provider swears nothing has changed, but I feel that the site's performance is definitely slower and it is also getting errors at times when there are a high number of users on the site. I will have to dig into this more, but with my work schedule I just have not had the time. One possible solution which my provider of course suggests, is to upgrade my plan ($$$). I've been on the same plan for 10 years and nothing has really changed much on my end.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as I resolve the issues. Thanks!

GO HENS!

Hmm, sounds fishy in that Alpha had a site hosted (phpbb) on a fairly large host and he also had these same type of problems so maybe somebody is screwing with him purposely in the same manner.

I love AGS' hosting company. If anyone is having trouble (Hensrock) and wants any help with things like this please let me know.

The ones I use will bend over backwards to help you out from everything I've ever asked of them.

centennial
January 12th, 2018, 02:30 PM

Dear GoHens Members,

GO HENS!

Running a small site like gohen should be easy. Needs a small VPS. The problem is the majority of the hosting companies are a cartel. Few companies sitting at the top, spawning off new LLC's and making use of the same infrastructure. Any company you might come up on hosting rankings, what's the best host on Google are controlled by the same cartel.

Not many people know this.

The first thing to do is to make sure gohens is not owned by your hosting provider. Google is an excellent domain registrar.

Then needs to just export gohen to a new host. Many will do it for free or a small fee. Then go into Google domains and change the server that domain points to. It's a simple process. The big problem is finding a good host. I've been using big scoots for my friends websites, and have been nothing but happy.

BisonBacker
January 12th, 2018, 04:33 PM
There is some real comedic gold over on that board. Guess they think the reason for success at NDSU is Oil Money because lord forbid no player from anywhere would want to come and play in Fargo for a winner. You can't make this stuff up it's priceless. You guys this is going to be a fun run up to the game over the coming months and into next fall. They may not want to open their board up to registration after NDSU fans read some of that drivel it's hilarious.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23353&start=30

Henny
January 12th, 2018, 05:59 PM
There is some real comedic gold over on that board. Guess they think the reason for success at NDSU is Oil Money because lord forbid no player from anywhere would want to come and play in Fargo for a winner. You can't make this stuff up it's priceless. You guys this is going to be a fun run up to the game over the coming months and into next fall. They may not want to open their board up to registration after NDSU fans read some of that drivel it's hilarious.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23353&start=30

Dude you need to relax. There are knuckle heads on GO HENS like anywhere but most are rational adults who like talking about the Hens and related subjects.

We respect your program look forward to the game in September.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Dude you need to relax. There are knuckle heads on GO HENS like anywhere but most are rational adults who like talking about the Hens and related subjects.

We respect your program look forward to the game in September.

maybe I should do a Gohens scouting report Henny....

Henny
January 12th, 2018, 07:11 PM
There will be plenty of time for that Carib. Lets see whose on our roster come spring ball.

cx500d
January 12th, 2018, 07:13 PM
There will be plenty of time for that Carib. Lets see whose on our roster come spring ball.

We tried to give you some inside info on a newly available former Bison QB that was our backup for a good chink of this season.....

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2018, 06:46 AM

Just to clarify, I'm talking about posters not players