PDA

View Full Version : Just to prove I don't hate AP

bodoyle
January 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM
• On the ensuing kickoff (kickoffs tend to "ensue" a whole lot, don't they? Why not the "following" kickoff?), Adrian Peterson lit up Saints return man Michael Lewis. Peterson stripped Lewis of the ball earlier in the game, and the combination of plays prompted "Unbearleavable" to write, "Peterson is having an All-Pro special teams performance."

All season, for that matter. But since Brendon Ayanbadejo, equally as deserving as Peterson of a Pro-Bowl berth, got the nod, Peterson remains the Bears' best-kept secret. What does he have that impresses teammates and coaches the most?

Special teams coordinator Dave Toub: "He had a great game last game. I think he had three tackles and two assists. … Every time he steps on the field, whether it be offense or special teams, he makes plays. I think he's got a linebacker's mentality. He's got great vision, he sheds blocks, he plays with his hands well, which is kind of a rare thing for an offensive player to have. … I haven't seen a running back do what Adrian Peterson can do [on special teams]."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070126bearsquestionofweek,1,2009065.htmlstory?coll =cs-home-headlines

ButlerGSU
January 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM
He's no secret to GSU fans, we've always known he was GRRREAT!

Hope to see another big fat ring (along with his SoCon and I-AA NC rings) on his hand this summer at his camp in Statesboro.