PDA

View Full Version : TxSt AD on FBS Move

TexasTerror
January 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Glad to see the AD responding to the most discussed subject on the Texas State - San Marcos boards that starts a long thread once every other week, the move to FBS football.

The AD is very clear in his response that success needs to happen at the FCS level and that the fans and alumni will dictate expansion of the stadium.
---------------

I have heard there is no interest in moving up to DI-A. What’s the deal? - Anonymous

Collegiate football continues to evolve and we are committed to having a successful program. Since making the move to Division I-AA in 1984, Texas State has had just five winning seasons in 23 years. The 2005 season marked the team’s first conference championship since making the move to Division I and also the first time in 23 seasons we advanced to the playoffs. We have now set season attendance records in back-to-back years. However, we still need to produce a consistent winner on the field and in the stands. Stadium expansion is a part of our capital campaign. We will let alumni and fans determine if that is a necessity.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/school-bio/txst-ask-the-ad-colm19.html

patssle
January 26th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Texas State has had just five winning seasons in 23 years.

ouch

GeauxLions94
January 27th, 2007, 03:25 AM
However, we still need to produce a consistent winner on the field and in the stands.

Double ouchie! :bang:

CSUBUCDAD
January 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I just checked out he roster for this past season and WOW they are a really young team. Mostly Fr and So on the roster.

GoldandBlack
January 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Smart AD - why settle for bottom of the barrel in the FBS? Make sure there's a solid footing in FCS in both performance and attendance before considering a move.

Anyway, why leave the FCS when it's so much fun?

BigApp
January 27th, 2007, 03:05 PM
winning on this level does not constitute success at the next level.

<bracing for the backlash>

txstatebobcat
January 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM
winning on this level does not constitute success at the next level.

<bracing for the backlash>

At least at TxState it's not necessarily just the winning part, it's all the other stuff(student, alumni and community support) that comes with it. If the 2005 playoffs proved anything, it's that both students and community will support a winner.

patssle
January 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
thats pretty generic though, people almost anywhere will support a winner.