21. TENN ST
22. NC CENTRAL
23. MCNEESE
24. LEHIGH
25. SAN DIEGO

https://media.tenor.co/images/9759ca14affdc5a692b36445f4551717/tenor.gif

catamount man
May 20th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Citadel, Wofford, Chatty and Samford. Way to represent the conference. I'm hoping at the END of the season, WCU shall be amongst the top 25. GO CATS!

Milktruck74
May 20th, 2017, 11:35 AM
1. SHSU - 8-10 spots too high
2. NDSU - Based on history? Not sure about 2, but I have no basis to move them.
3. JMU - Should be #1 until proven otherwise
4. SDSU - ??? I guess
5. JSU - Unless they know something we don't know, probably about a 12. They lost a ton
6. RICHMOND - New coach....probably a 10
7. VILLANOVA - seven works for me.
8. WEBER ST - Do they even play football?
9. WOFFORD - Never count out Mike Ayers.
10. EWU - who replaces Cooper?
11. ILL ST - ???
12. CITADEL - They had a magical season last year, everything fell into place, not sure they do it again.
13. CSU - Chuck South???
14. UND -
15. GRAMBLING - SWAC...that is all.
16. UCA -looks solid this season, may see them creep up a few spots
17. YSU - I don't know about the pens
18. UTC - this seems to be a fairly good sport to start. New Coach.....If Russ was still driving the train, I'd say 10-12, but we will have to see. I didn't expect to be the third SoCon team, though.
19. ALBANY-???
20. SAMFORD - If Hatcher can put together any form of Defense, they may win a few
21. TENN ST - just filling a spot....
22. NC CENTRAL - Nah...
23. MCNEESE - They will move up as the season goes on.
24. LEHIGH - at this point, sure.
25. SAN DIEGO - ????

Redbird 4th & short
May 20th, 2017, 12:05 PM
As expected ... many questionable rankings, but the most mind boggling is Weber St at 8th ... they went 7-4 in Big Sky without playing EWU. According to Massey their best win was over 7-4 Cal Poly at home by 7 .. who 2 weeks later lost at home to San Diego in playoff by 14 .. San Diego lost in next round to NDSU by 38. Weber's 2nd best win was over SUU (6-5) by 1. They also got 4 wins against 4 worst teams in Big Sky by average of 5 points per game. They lost to 4-7 USD and 5-6 NAU. Their FBS game was Utah St (3-9) which they lost by 39.

But they somehow got an at large bid last season and lost to UTC by 31 ... who ironically Street & Smith has ranked 18th this year.

So maybe they meant 8th in Big Sky .. which is much more realistic. Not really joking - Massey ranked them 7th in Big Sky at seasons end. They had no business getting at large last year and nor being in Top 25 this year, much less 8th.

Did Street & Smith get quietly added to FCS Selection Committee last year ??

F'N Hawks
May 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM
As expected ... many questionable rankings, but the most mind boggling is Weber St at 8th ... they went 7-4 in Big Sky without playing EWU. According to Massey their best win was over 7-4 Cal Poly at home by 7 .. who 2 weeks later lost at home to San Diego in playoff by 14 .. San Diego lost in next round to NDSU by 38. Weber's 2nd best win was over SUU (6-5) by 1. They also got 4 wins against 4 worst teams in Big Sky by average of 5 points per game. They lost to 4-7 USD and 5-6 NAU. Their FBS game was Utah St (3-9) which they lost by 39.

But they somehow got an at large bid last season and lost to UTC by 31 ... who ironically Street & Smith has ranked 18th this year.

So maybe they meant 8th in Big Sky .. which is much more realistic. Not really joking - Massey ranked them 7th in Big Sky at seasons end. They had no business getting at large last year and nor being in Top 25 this year, much less 8th.

Yes that is way, way too high. Maybe 23-25. Maybe. Lost their best player on D.

centennial
May 20th, 2017, 12:22 PM

Way too much logic.

Also SHSU at 1. LOL. SHSU at 15, maybe.

youcanbankit
May 20th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Overall I like the preseason rankings. six teams in "red" not sure about being in the top 25. A few comments...

1. SHSU - Definitely a top 10 team. Great QB. Not #1 for the pre-season.
2. NDSU - Looks good.
3. JMU - Disrespected the National Champion by moving them down to Number 3 until proven otherwise.
4. SDSU - Looks good.
5. JSU - A little high, see them from 6-10
6. RICHMOND - Looks good.
7. VILLANOVA - Looks good. See them as a top 15 team.
8. WEBER ST - Must be a graduate of Weber State. Too High
9. WOFFORD - Ton of serious injuries recouping from. Ayers historically doesn't have a good season after finishing well the prior year. Schedule could be a problem for them.
10. EWU - A little low. Great QB returning, maybe the best in the FCS. Schedule is in their favor. Key offensive losses could drop them to 10.
11. ILL ST - Not. Someone's, wife must have graduated from there. Not in the top 20.
12. CITADEL - Possible but too many losses & program rebuilding per the coach. Not happy with progress through the spring.
13. CSU - HUH? Charleston Southern at #13?
14. UND - Looks good.
15. GRAMBLING - Not schedule worthy to be a top 15 team
16. UCA -Stronger than 16.
17. YSU - Probably ok, I think a little low.
18. UTC - I see them higher than 18. Coaching changes and exits are concerning, but the program is in good shape.
19. ALBANY-Dad must have graduated from Albany. Not a top 20 team.
20. SAMFORD - Possible. Addition of a running game to a top 3 passing attack and improved defense, says they should be higher.
21. TENN ST - Not a top 25 team. Agree their schedule is pretty weak except for JSU. May win some games but not playing real competition.
22. NC CENTRAL - Ha! They must have advertised heavily with Dumb and Worst street/smith to get in. They open with Duke, then are not schedule worthy to be in the top 25.
23. MCNEESE - Must have meant Mercer.
24. LEHIGH - Looks good.
25. SAN DIEGO - Possible.

Redbird 4th & short
May 20th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Overall I like the preseason rankings. six teams in "red" not sure about being in the top 25. A few comments...

11. ILL ST - Not. Someone's, wife must have graduated from there. Not in the top 20.

generally agree with your recap .. as meaningless preseason polls and ranking systems go, I would objectively put ISU in the 15-20 range to start the season. I can confidently pick 6-8 teams from this list I know we are better than right now .. hence my 15-20 ranking. If OL comes together against weaker first half schedule, we will be a top 10 team by end of season. If not, we will wind up ranked 15-20 fighting for our playoff lives.

Youcanbankthis ... our defense should be very good. xnodx

youcanbankit
May 20th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Excellent points. Totally agree. Could be highly ranked by year end.

generally agree with your recap .. as meaningless preseason polls and ranking systems go, I would objectively put ISU in the 15-20 range to start the season. I can confidently pick 6-8 teams from this list I know we are better than right now .. hence my 15-20 ranking. If OL comes together against weaker first half schedule, we will be a top 10 team by end of season. If not, we will wind up ranked 15-20 fighting for our playoff lives.

Youcanbankthis ... our defense should be very good. xnodx

caribbeanhen
May 20th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Sammy couldn't beat JMU or the Bison if you ask me..... did they get some transfers to play Defense?

cx500d
May 20th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Sammy couldn't beat JMU or the Bison if you ask me..... did they get some transfers to play Defense?

There are a lot of players kicked off Baylor, Texas, TCU, etc that shsu tends to pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
May 20th, 2017, 09:33 PM

SHSU better have gotten a LOT of transfers on defense.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
May 20th, 2017, 09:34 PM
There are a lot of players kicked off Baylor, Texas, TCU, etc that shsu tends to pick up.

Yes, they will need a prison bus full of them transfers to toughen up that D.... are they playing The Mines of Colorado again this year?

Nickels
May 20th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Yes, they will need a prison bus full of them transfers to toughen up that D.... are they playing The Mines of Colorado again this year?
Season opener is against Richmond on Thu 8/31. Other OOC is against Prairie View.

Some of our conference mates hurt our schedule strength more than the sub D1 teams we've played in the past.

citdog
May 20th, 2017, 10:03 PM
There are a lot of players kicked off Baylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnaVoTfkqa8

Nickels
May 20th, 2017, 10:07 PM

We've actually taken a lot less lately compared to the rest of the SLC. Have had some great recruiting classes though.

Scrappy94
May 20th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Chattanooga is too low. A coaching and staff change does not necessarily mean a team is going to drop. We are actually returning the most starters this year than we have in the last 20 years. I was very impressed with how well and quickly the team has adapted to the coaching changes and the new play styles. They have really bought into Coach Arth and his philosophy, and look to be better than last year in my opinion. The team looked great in the spring game as well. I see us fitting in at 5-10 right now. I'm very impressed with Coach Arth and have no doubt he'll have us in the Top 10.

citdog
May 20th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Chattanooga is too low. A coaching and staff change does not necessarily mean a team is going to drop. We are actually returning the most starters this year than we have in the last 20 years. I was very impressed with how well and quickly the team has adapted to the coaching changes and the new play styles. They have really bought into Coach Arth and his philosophy, and look to be better than last year in my opinion. The team looked great in the spring game as well. I see us fitting in at 5-10 right now. I'm very impressed with Coach Arth and have no doubt he'll have us in the Top 10.

If you had promoted from within I might agree with you. You did not. You have no idea if this level will be too much for Tom Arth. It has been for many.

Go...gate
May 20th, 2017, 11:36 PM
No one from the Ivies?

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 21st, 2017, 06:59 AM
No one from the Ivies?

.....as it should be.....

Billnonymous
May 21st, 2017, 08:16 AM
Soft Houston at #1? Someone was smoking something funny when they came up with that bit of nonsense! If the Dukes draw them again this year, they're not going to be kind and stop at 65 like they did last year.

Milktruck74
May 21st, 2017, 08:16 AM
No one from the Ivies?

Nope, a MEAC and a SWAC team took the two spots usually reserved for teams that don't deserve to be in the top 25, but their fan base screams about how great they are so the writers throw them a bone.

JSUSoutherner
May 21st, 2017, 09:06 AM
Soft Houston at #1? Someone was smoking something funny when they came up with that bit of nonsense! If the Dukes draw them again this year, they're not going to be kind and stop at 65 like they did last year.
But! But! Briscoe! :D

cx500d
May 21st, 2017, 09:09 AM
When they take part in the 2nd word of the division they claim to compete in, then maybe they could be ranked.

No one from the Ivies?

Bucs2016
May 21st, 2017, 02:42 PM
4. SDSU - ??? I guess
5. JSU - Unless they know something we don't know, probably about a 12. They lost a ton
11. ILL ST - ???
12. CITADEL - They had a magical season last year, everything fell into place, not sure they do it again.
13. CSU - Chuck South???
14. UND -
18. UTC - this seems to be a fairly good sport to start. New Coach.....If Russ was still driving the train, I'd say 10-12, but we will have to see. I didn't expect to be the third SoCon team, though.
19. ALBANY-???
20. SAMFORD - If Hatcher can put together any form of Defense, they may win a few
22. NC CENTRAL - Nah...
25. SAN DIEGO - ????

Whats wrong with CSU at 16? Our front 7 will be among the best in FCS. We have 2 QBs who started in 2016 (1 did in 2015 also). We have 2 excellent WRs. We've recruited very well on OL. We're becoming a RB factory (3 in a row broke school records). Replace a couple DBs and we are good to go.

New defensive staff is an unknown. Offense will still be run by Tucker.

I think anywhere from 15-20 is fair for us.

Bucs2016
May 21st, 2017, 02:43 PM
I agree JMU should be #1 until someone beats them. NDSU deserves the #2 spot after that.

ST_Lawson
May 21st, 2017, 03:07 PM
I agree JMU should be #1 until someone beats them. NDSU deserves the #2 spot after that.

I second this.

Also think that SDSU is rightly up there in the top 5 based on how well they did last year and the offensive weapons they have returning. Beyond that, I don't really know. I think there's enough question marks out there for just about everyone to be able to question putting them in the top 10 or so. Obviously someone is going to be there, but I just don't know who. If I had to guess: Richmond, Nova, Wofford, Eastern Washington in roughly that order...that'd be my guesses for the next few probably.

Milktruck74
May 21st, 2017, 03:17 PM
Whats wrong with CSU at 16? Our front 7 will be among the best in FCS. We have 2 QBs who started in 2016 (1 did in 2015 also). We have 2 excellent WRs. We've recruited very well on OL. We're becoming a RB factory (3 in a row broke school records). Replace a couple DBs and we are good to go.

13th, and ??? means I really don't know enough to make an educated statement. Looks like you think they will be fine without Chadwell at the helm.

Big Duke
May 21st, 2017, 06:40 PM
Is there a link to this JOKE of a top 25?

Nickels
May 21st, 2017, 06:59 PM
This.

NorthChuckSouth
May 21st, 2017, 08:21 PM

2. NDSU - Looks good.
3. JMU - Disrespected the National Champion by moving them down to Number 3 until proven otherwise.
4. SDSU - Looks good.
9. WOFFORD - Ton of serious injuries recouping from. Ayers historically doesn't have a good season after finishing well the prior year. Schedule could be a problem for them.
10. EWU - A little low. Great QB returning, maybe the best in the FCS. Schedule is in their favor. Key offensive losses could drop them to 10.
12. CITADEL - Possible but too many losses & program rebuilding per the coach. Not happy with progress through the spring.
14. UND - Looks good.
18. UTC - I see them higher than 18. Coaching changes and exits are concerning, but the program is in good shape.
20. SAMFORD - Possible. Addition of a running game to a top 3 passing attack and improved defense, says they should be higher.
21. TENN ST - Not a top 25 team. Agree their schedule is pretty weak except for JSU. May win some games but not playing real competition.
22. NC CENTRAL - Ha! They must have advertised heavily with Dumb and Worst street/smith to get in. They open with Duke, then are not schedule worthy to be in the top 25.
24. LEHIGH - Looks good.

I don't know why it's a shock that we're there.. we've been pretty good the past four years. Still have a great front 7 on defense and offense will be ran by the guy who introduced Chadwell to the offense. I think 13 is a respectable spot to begin the year for us

youcanbankit
May 21st, 2017, 11:44 PM
I don't know why it's a shock that we're there.. we've been pretty good the past four years. Still have a great front 7 on defense and offense will be ran by the guy who introduced Chadwell to the offense. I think 13 is a respectable spot to begin the year for us

IMO.....Tucker is a Good guy and he's local. Will take him a couple of years to turn this program around. Based on their losses and coaching changes, not a top 20 team for preseason.

ex189
May 22nd, 2017, 06:58 AM
Turn this program around? Where have you been? I get the loss of nearly all the coaches would be a cause of concern but this team will be stout defensively and with their returning offensive weapons are still the team to beat in the Big South.
IMO.....Tucker is a Good guy and he's local. Will take him a couple of years to turn this program around. Based on their losses and coaching changes, not a top 20 team for preseason.

Cat-in-GA
May 22nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
The Street & Smith's publication is a joke. I looked at one of the magazines yesterday, opened it up to the FCS pages, then immediately put it down and walked away.

DirtyDukes
May 22nd, 2017, 08:13 AM
1. SHSU

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ne7aenG4oM1Py/giphy.gif

clenz
May 22nd, 2017, 08:20 AM

I...hmmm...
6 D1 wins last year.
I could make a really long post but I won't.
2 wins over non-start up programs that were over .500.
The Big South is garbage. I could only imagine what other teams would do stat-wise in there.

I....

Nope

KPSUL
May 22nd, 2017, 08:26 AM
Not worth commenting. You could do just as well throwing 25 darts blindfolded at a board equally divided into 40 sections representing the 2016 top 40.

MR. CHICKEN
May 22nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
13th, and ??? means I really don't know enough to make an educated statement. Looks like you think they will be fine without Chadwell at the helm.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25062&stc=1.......JES'.....GO TA ALBANY'S......SITE.......READ UP!.......ALBANY WAS 7-4.....AN' UH BUBBLE SQWAD.....LOST TA RICHMOND BAH 6 IN OT.....LOST @ MAINE BAH 4....LOST @ 'NOVA....BAH...11.....&....BEAT #21 NEW HAMPSHIRE.....IN SYRUP CITY.......FBS W......ALBEIT.....BUFFALO.......AN' SOMEHOW....LOST IN NEW-ARK......11 SENIORS....DEPART.......#19/#20...BAH DUH MAGS...IS HIGHLAH....REASONABLE......xsighx.....BROCCO!

clenz
May 22nd, 2017, 10:39 AM
At least this place didn't try to force UNI in there.

Any place forcing UNI into their ranking deserves zero credit.

I could have ass an argument for sneaking in at 23-25 but even that is just homer ism, realistically.

wapiti
May 22nd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Just for a bit of fun here. If I take Milk truck's commentary on this ranking and do a ranking based on it, here is how it may turn out.
1. JMU
2. NDSU
4. SDSU
7. VILLANOVA
8. SHSU
9. WOFFORD
10. Richmond
12. JSU
14. UND
16. UCA
17. YSU
18. UTC
20. SAMFORD
23. MCNEESE
24. LEHIGH

This leaves 10 spots with no team because no team qualified to be ranked those spots. xlolx

4. SDSU - ??? I guess
11. ILL ST - ???
13. CSU - Chuck South???
14. UND -
19. ALBANY-???
22. NC CENTRAL - Nah...
25. SAN DIEGO - ????

WileECoyote06
May 22nd, 2017, 10:48 AM

2. NDSU - Looks good.
4. SDSU - Looks good.
14. UND - Looks good.
24. LEHIGH - Looks good.

blah blah blah. . three time MEAC champion. blah blah blah . . .schedule. . .blah blah blah . .was leading A&T 35-7 in the fourth . . .blah blah blah. .should have beaten Grambling . . . blah blah . . .pre-season. . . xcoffeex

I don't think we will win the MEAC this year, but this is a 'pre-season ranking'.

clenz
May 22nd, 2017, 10:50 AM
This leaves 11 spots with no team because no team qualified to be ranked those spots. xlolx
The reality is, and we have this discussion every week during the season, that the top 13-17 is pretty solid most weeks. After that it really is just a dart board/homerism/own justification.

Bucs2016
May 22nd, 2017, 11:45 AM

I think we will. Tucker was Chadwells coach when he played at ETSU. Tucker also coached option at Citadel in early 90s when they were a national power. Spent 10 years as a contracted analyst helping teams facing the option. He was hired in 2013 by Chadwell. BEFORE that...Chadwell was under Jay Mills at CSU as RB coach and it was all spread, no option. Chadwell won at D2 NGU mostly due to Clemsons 5 star QB Will Korn transferring in. Dont get me wrong, Chadwell is the best coach we've brought in. But hes like Dabo Swinney at Clemson- he made brilliant hires for assistants. Tucker brought this offense in. Not Chadwell. So I think we wont miss a beat on offense.

On defense our front 7 is one of best in FCS. We'll do fine in 2017 and beyond.

Bucs2016
May 22nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
I...hmmm...
6 D1 wins last year.
I could make a really long post but I won't.
2 wins over non-start up programs that were over .500.
The Big South is garbage. I could only imagine what other teams would do stat-wise in there.

I....

Nope

As for the Big South look at our non conference performance the last 4 years vs FCS. The conference does quite well. And 2 teams have gone FBS.

CSUs 4 years include:
3 wins over Coastal
4 wins over Citadel
3 wins over Liberty
1 win over Appalachian State
1 point loss at Vanderbilt
OT loss at North Dakota State
1 point loss in playoffs at Wofford 2016

Unless those teams above are all scrubs, then CSU has proven our roster can hang with the best of FCS.

BadlandsGrizFan
May 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Any ranking that does not reward Montana a non justified spot in the preseason top 10 just for being Montana....can go **** itself.

Unbelievable.

Bucs2016
May 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Any ranking that does not reward Montana a non justified spot in the preseason top 10 just for being Montana....can go **** itself.

Unbelievable.

Haha. Must be the same writers who say Southern Cal is the true best team in FBS before AND after every single season, regardless of their actual performance.

clenz
May 22nd, 2017, 12:34 PM
Haha. Must be the same writers who say Southern Cal is the true best team in FBS before AND after every single season, regardless of their actual performance.
To be fair to that last year, USC started slow but by the end of the year I'm not sure there was a better team out there.

Problem is, with the FBS system, there was no way for USC to really prove it

citdog
May 22nd, 2017, 12:43 PM
To be fair to that last year, USC started slow but by the end of the year I'm not sure there was a better team out there.

You think very highly of the Gamecocks I see...

Milktruck74
May 22nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Just for a bit of fun here. If I take Milk truck's commentary on this ranking and do a ranking based on it, here is how it may turn out.
1. JMU
2. NDSU
4. SDSU
7. VILLANOVA
8. SHSU
9. WOFFORD
10. Richmond
12. JSU
14. UND
16. UCA
17. YSU
18. UTC
20. SAMFORD
23. MCNEESE
24. LEHIGH

This leaves 10 spots with no team because no team qualified to be ranked those spots. xlolx

I'm going with I was drinking....and it's preseason....so yep, that's my poll so far!!!!

Also, there are plenty of other FCS teams that could fill in those slots....just because there are 10 that are empty, doesnt mean there aren't teams that could fill in.....Just fill it in with the Ivys by alphabetical order.

Schism55
May 22nd, 2017, 01:31 PM
The Street & Smith's publication is a joke. I looked at one of the magazines yesterday, opened it up to the FCS pages, then immediately put it down and walked away.
Was 1 round of antibiotics enough to cure it? :D

Cat-in-GA
May 22nd, 2017, 04:22 PM
Was 1 round of antibiotics enough to cure it? :D

To be honest, I'm still a little itchy.

Daytripper
May 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
You think very highly of the Gamecocks I see...

Well done.

Drblankstare
May 22nd, 2017, 08:49 PM
What the **** is Street and Smith

Thumper 76
May 22nd, 2017, 09:06 PM
I'm going with I was drinking....and it's preseason....so yep, that's my poll so far!!!!

Also, there are plenty of other FCS teams that could fill in those slots....just because there are 10 that are empty, doesnt mean there aren't teams that could fill in.....Just fill it in with the Ivys by alphabetical order.
Not sure if serious..........

I was curious too. Is it just two dudes or what?

Kemo
May 22nd, 2017, 10:39 PM

A road to a metallurgy workshop.

Bucs2016
May 22nd, 2017, 11:46 PM

The Gamecocks werent very good last year.

But Southern Cal, yes, at years end they were pretty damn good.

USC was founded before Southern Cal.
USC beat Southern Cal on the football field last time they played, which settles all scores.

USC is in Columbia SC.

Thumper 76
May 22nd, 2017, 11:50 PM
The Gamecocks werent very good last year.

But Southern Cal, yes, at years end they were pretty damn good.

USC was founded before Southern Cal.
USC beat Southern Cal on the football field last time they played, which settles all scores.

USC is in Columbia SC.
So I didn't grow up in the south, I'll give you a guess who I think of when I see UCS. Oh, and IDGAF about your southern pride and I was here first ****.

cx500d
May 22nd, 2017, 11:53 PM
Holy dyslexia.

So I didn't grow up in the south, I'll give you a guess who I think of when I see UCS. Oh, and IDGAF about your southern pride and I was here first ****.

BisonFan02
May 22nd, 2017, 11:54 PM
Anybody else read this as Smith & Wesson?

citdog
May 22nd, 2017, 11:54 PM

This is America and you are free to be as wrong as you want to be!

xthumbsupx

clenz
May 23rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
A few things I'll just leave right here

https://www.google.com/search?q=usd+trademark&oq=usd+trademark&aqs=chrome..69i57.2426j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=USC

and also the Supreme Court declared Southern Cal the winner when it comes to using USC/SC and logos - from 2010

https://patentlyo.com/patent/2010/01/southern-california-wins-trademark-battle-with-south-carolina.html

Professor
May 23rd, 2017, 08:52 AM
Nope, a MEAC and a SWAC team took the two spots usually reserved for teams that don't deserve to be in the top 25, but their fan base screams about how great they are so the writers throw them a bone.

So much anger at the MEAC and SWAC. Very interesting.

Bucs2016
May 23rd, 2017, 11:12 AM

Haha nothing to do with "Southern pride". Just saying USC-SC was in existence before USC-CA. And yeah most people would think SoCal. Thats why we have fun correcting it!

Bucs2016
May 23rd, 2017, 11:13 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=usd+trademark&oq=usd+trademark&aqs=chrome..69i57.2426j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=USC

and also the Supreme Court declared Southern Cal the winner when it comes to using USC/SC and logos - from 2010

https://patentlyo.com/patent/2010/01/southern-california-wins-trademark-battle-with-south-carolina.html

SCOTUS can say what they want. The Gamecocks settled it on the field. Until that changes USC is in Columbia!!!!!

citdog
May 23rd, 2017, 12:34 PM

Of course they did. The rationale used, which is patently incorrect, is that since USC wasn't open for a few years during the occupation of South Carolina by the yankee invader that the USC that existed before the late war isn't the same USC that opened after the war.

Milktruck74
May 23rd, 2017, 04:21 PM

No anger....just truth!

BadlandsGrizFan
May 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
Everyone knows Snoop Dog is a Gamecocks fan?

UNIFanSince1983
May 23rd, 2017, 04:40 PM
Pretty sure they ranked UNI too high.

ngineer
May 23rd, 2017, 04:48 PM
I like 'nova in the top 10. Gives us a nice target to open the season. I place us anywhere from 20-25 to start the season and then let the work speak for itself.

Bucs2016
May 23rd, 2017, 09:25 PM
Everyone knows Snoop Dog is a Gamecocks fan?

No hes not. Our criminals PLAY for us, not sitting in the stands.

caribbeanhen
May 23rd, 2017, 09:29 PM
I would come on here and say Delaware should be in the top 25..... but we still need a QB.....

BisonTru
May 23rd, 2017, 09:36 PM
I would come on here and say Delaware should be in the top 25..... but we still need a QB.....

Go get Lauletta.

Professor
May 24th, 2017, 11:53 AM
No anger....just truth!

I guess. I just don't see how you can be upset with another schools ranking. If it bothers you so bad, schedule them. Its not like you don't need the butts in your stadium

Milktruck74
May 24th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I guess. I just don't see how you can be upset with another schools ranking. If it bothers you so bad, schedule them. Its not like you don't need the butts in your stadium

Not upset....Just saying the SWAC/MEAC/Ivys usually take up a few spots in the poll and since they do not play anyone (I'll give you that A&T has stepped up their competition recently and even beat ASU)...but When is the last time the MEAC or SWAC or Ivy has had a winning season against OOC FCS schools? Yet they always scream about how great they are.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Not upset....Just saying the SWAC/MEAC/Ivys usually take up a few spots in the poll and since they do not play anyone (I'll give you that A&T has stepped up their competition recently and even beat ASU)...but When is the last time the MEAC or SWAC or Ivy has had a winning season against OOC FCS schools? Yet they always scream about how great they are.....

The Ivy League has notched a few CAA scalps recently. Dartmouth beat UNH and Towson last year. Yale also beat Cal Poly(usually strong Big Sky team) and Army 3-4 years ago.

caribbeanhen
May 24th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Go get Lauletta.

that would be a good rumor to start on the Richmond board... if they had one...

The Boogie Down
May 24th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Of course they did. The rationale used, which is patently incorrect, is that since USC wasn't open for a few years during the occupation of South Carolina by the yankee invader that the USC that existed before the late war isn't the same USC that opened after the war.

So in other words, another loss for your guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtgPjgZwPw

citdog
May 24th, 2017, 04:01 PM
So in other words, another loss for your guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtgPjgZwPw

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/59491000/jpg/_59491120_03928v-304x171.jpg

Not before we killed almost 400,000 of you invading yankee scum and your mercenary hirelings....

The Boogie Down
May 24th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Not before we killed almost 400,000 of you invading yankee scum and your mercenary hirelings....

You guys keep counting first downs, we'll keep pointing to the final score:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25086&stc=1

Bucs2016
May 24th, 2017, 11:07 PM
You guys keep counting first downs, we'll keep pointing to the final score:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25086&stc=1

Haha. In fairness....in 1861 the Souths resources made it an FCS military threat to the FBS Union. That war was like the equivalent of Alabama needing overtime to beat The Citadel. Im personally not interested in the Civil War at all. But the fighting ability of the individual soldiers in the South was astounding. Not just that war, but the Revolutionary War as well. Birthplace of guerilla warfare was the American South in the 1770s. But....when you have fewer resources, you usually lose the war. And in the case of that war, thank God.

Professor
May 25th, 2017, 02:33 PM

A&T beat App and Elon in 2013. I will admit the OOC against FCS is bad but u have to look at the dynamic. FCS schools aren't coming to HBCUs. That's why i respect the Towson , Elon, Coastals of the world who are signing home and home deals with the MEAC and SWAC.

If you think they are so inferior , sign up and play em. I willing to bet your team would be surprised.

Also we play for a bowl game now. Yes the playoffs are nice but the financial benefit and free publicity can't be matched with the FCS playoffs. So it kinda is what it is

cx500d
May 25th, 2017, 05:58 PM
What?

NDSU leads off 2017 with Mississippi Valley State...They previously played Prairie View, Morgan State, had a home and home with Mississippi Valley State previously, and there are probably more I can't recall.

A&T beat App and Elon in 2013. I will admit the OOC against FCS is bad but u have to look at the dynamic. FCS schools aren't coming to HBCUs. That's why i respect the Towson , Elon, Coastals of the world who are signing home and home deals with the MEAC and SWAC.

If you think they are so inferior , sign up and play em. I willing to bet your team would be surprised.

Also we play for a bowl game now. Yes the playoffs are nice but the financial benefit and free publicity can't be matched with the FCS playoffs. So it kinda is what it is

F'N Hawks
May 25th, 2017, 06:38 PM
What?

NDSU leads off 2017 with Mississippi Valley State...They previously played Prairie View, Morgan State, had a home and home with Mississippi Valley State previously, and there are probably more I can't recall.

So when is NDSU playing at an HBCU, like he stated?

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2017, 07:30 PM

Its been awhile, but it wouldn't be technically the first time. I don't see it happening though.

cx500d
May 25th, 2017, 09:29 PM

Maybe when one makes the playoffs, actually participates in the playoffs, and is ranked higher. I don't they've played at one since the previously mentioned home and home series.

ST_Lawson
May 25th, 2017, 09:36 PM

I think the last time we played a HBCU at all was Hampton in 2013, but that was at our place. We have to go back to 2004 when we played AT a HBCU (actually...that was Hampton too...we lost that game). I have no problem with us playing HBCU's...especially good ones. We did that more back when I was in school...Delaware State back in '95, had a H&H with Alcorn State in '96/'97, then matched up with Jackson State in the '97 playoffs and Florida A&M in the '98 Playoffs. We won both of those playoff games, but they were both pretty close exciting games.

With our new (as of last year) coaching staff, we've been doing a lot more recruiting in the Tennessee/Georgia region (this year, 3 Fr/R-Fr from each state, plus 2 Fr from FL), so I'd definitely be on board with a H&H with someone like Tennessee State or maybe Florida A&M...give a chance for some of the friends and family of some of our recruits to see the team without having to come all the way up to BFE Illinois. Honestly, I think that's at least part of the reason we set up the game (I assume a H&H, although I haven't seen confirmation of that yet) with Tennessee Tech for this year.

DoWe
May 26th, 2017, 01:45 AM

Not taking sides here, but just for clarification, are you suggesting Coastal is in the process of signing home & homes with these conferences, or did so in the past? I doubt Coastal ever visits another FCS venue, regardless of the conference affiliation. They most likely will host a few, and will be looking for the best value as they have less to spend than others.

Herder
May 26th, 2017, 07:08 AM
No one from the Ivies?

I wouldn't want to rank any of the Ivies, as it might interfere with finals week.

WileECoyote06
May 26th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Not taking sides here, but just for clarification, are you suggesting Coastal is in the process of signing home & homes with these conferences, or did so in the past? I doubt Coastal ever visits another FCS venue, regardless of the conference affiliation. They most likely will host a few, and will be looking for the best value as they have less to spend than others.

Coastal was ranked and played at A&T in 2014. A&T lost by 1 point.

Also, with our focus being the Celebration Bowl; there is little financial incentive for NCCU to play home-and-home with non-HBCU FCS schools. They don't bring fans, and our fans are usually disinterested. We can just pay one of our old CIAA foes to come to Durham. This year we have Gardner-Webb on the schedule though. We haven't played them since I think 1999 when we were in DII.

Herder
May 26th, 2017, 07:20 AM

The MEAC and SWAC don't have time for rankings, they should be "Celebrating"!

Professor
May 26th, 2017, 08:57 AM

To the tune of a million per conference. Yea we will be. And a prime ESPN gameday and ABC bowl kickoff coverage

Professor
May 26th, 2017, 08:58 AM

A&T played home and home with Coastal. This was before their FBS move

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2017, 09:11 AM
No one from the Ivies?

NO!

GAD
May 26th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Coastal was ranked and played at A&T in 2014. A&T lost by 1 point.

Also, with our focus being the Celebration Bowl; there is little financial incentive for NCCU to play home-and-home with non-HBCU FCS schools. They don't bring fans, and our fans are usually disinterested. We can just pay one of our old CIAA foes to come to Durham. This year we have Gardner-Webb on the schedule though. We haven't played them since I think 1999 when we were in DII.
That was our problem at Southern we would play some of those teams and bring 10K+ to there stadium we would fill the visitors side and have just as many people seated on the home side as them. However when it was time for them to come here nobody from there school would show up. Our AD finally just gave up on them and said no more H/H without them paying us a guarantee

ASU33
May 26th, 2017, 04:38 PM
That was our problem at Southern we would play some of those teams and bring 10K+ to there stadium we would fill the visitors side and have just as many people seated on the home side as them. However when it was time for them to come here nobody from there school would show up. Our AD finally just gave up on them and said no more H/H without them paying us a guarantee

We've faced the same problem. Jacksonville State has been the exception to the rule. I would love to get a home and home with them or possibly Samford soon. We got Kennesaw State coming to Montgomery this year, we'll see if they bring the amount of fans that Clark-Atlanta, Morehouse, and Albany State have brought to Montgomery.

GodHelpTheBears
May 26th, 2017, 06:33 PM

Tournament, "celebrating", toilet bowl, invite from Qatari royalty, I really don't give a damn about the semantics of the situation if my team is ever good enough to play after Thanksgiving day. I'll take it.

JSUSoutherner
May 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM
We've faced the same problem. Jacksonville State has been the exception to the rule. I would love to get a home and home with them or possibly Samford soon. We got Kennesaw State coming to Montgomery this year, we'll see if they bring the amount of fans that Clark-Atlanta, Morehouse, and Albany State have brought to Montgomery.

I wasn't at the ASU game but if we travel down there anything like we travel to UTC I'm sure that place was probably rocking. I wouldn't mind going down there for a game. Would be a lot better in ASU's stadium than the Crapton Bowl.

citdog
May 27th, 2017, 12:33 PM

They show the celebration bowl because the quality of the football is so HIGH...

citdog
May 30th, 2017, 05:03 PM
To the tune of a million per conference. Yea we will be. And a prime ESPN gameday and ABC bowl kickoff coverage

And yet your Presidents STILL went to The God Emperor in Washington City hat in hand asking for funding...

ASU33
May 30th, 2017, 07:01 PM
And yet your Presidents STILL went to The God Emperor in Washington City hat in hand asking for funding...

Two quick points, 1. Our Presidents were invited, 2. They didn't get a chance to ask for anything because the meeting lasted only 10 minutes.

BEAR
May 31st, 2017, 07:21 AM
Interesting question:

For all the pre-season polls, what are the odds of an unranked team from those polls winning it all.

For example, if a team is ranked 26 or worse in the pre-season, do they have any real possibility to win it all? Or is it more likely the top 15 or even usually the top 10? We know NDSU won it 5 times and were ranked #1 usually so remove that team and look at the years before and this past year. Where was JMU ranked to start the year etc..

I ask that because when you look at teams in the FBS like Alabama etc who are usually ranked in the top 10, the likelyhood of anyone else winning it go down dramatically but in the FCS you can have 2 or 3 losses and still be in the field of 24 with at least a chance.

POD Knows
May 31st, 2017, 08:04 AM
Interesting question:

For all the pre-season polls, what are the odds of an unranked team from those polls winning it all.

For example, if a team is ranked 26 or worse in the pre-season, do they have any real possibility to win it all? Or is it more likely the top 15 or even usually the top 10? We know NDSU won it 5 times and were ranked #1 usually so remove that team and look at the years before and this past year. Where was JMU ranked to start the year etc..

I ask that because when you look at teams in the FBS like Alabama etc who are usually ranked in the top 10, the likelyhood of anyone else winning it go down dramatically but in the FCS you can have 2 or 3 losses and still be in the field of 24 with at least a chance.Less than zero chance of anybody outside of a pre-season top 25 poll winning it all in FCS. Just not enough depth.

Daytripper
May 31st, 2017, 08:12 AM
Interesting question:

I ask that because when you look at teams in the FBS like Alabama etc who are usually ranked in the top 10, the likelyhood of anyone else winning it go down dramatically but in the FCS you can have 2 or 3 losses and still be in the field of 24 with at least a chance.

Not sure how the other polls looked in 2011, but SHSU wasn't in the AGS preseason top 25 and played in the national championship game.

BEAR
May 31st, 2017, 08:17 AM
Less than zero chance of anybody outside of a pre-season top 25 poll winning it all in FCS. Just not enough depth.

I think its a matter of time before the perennial top 15 team eventually gets enough pieces together to get a legit shot at the trophy. Top 10 teams usually have the better shot. Top 5 the best. That's why I love this game!

POD Knows
May 31st, 2017, 09:06 AM
I think its a matter of time before the perennial top 15 team eventually gets enough pieces together to get a legit shot at the trophy. Top 10 teams usually have the better shot. Top 5 the best. That's why I love this game!
Yea, I wouldn't disagree with you on that but it would be extremely surprising that a team, out of the top 25 in the preseason polls, would make a run but I guess SHSU did it a while back per a previous post so how knows I guess.

Professor Chaos
May 31st, 2017, 09:12 AM
In 2014 Illinois State didn't crack the AGS top 25 until after week 3 and they held a lead in the last 2 minutes of that year's title game.

Daytripper
May 31st, 2017, 11:49 AM
With the ability to quickly boost the roster with FBS transfers, I think preseason unranked team have a puncher's chance if everything falls right. As noted above, twice in the last 6 years an unranked team has made it to the natty.

POD Knows
May 31st, 2017, 12:06 PM
With the ability to quickly boost the roster with FBS transfers, I think preseason unranked team have a puncher's chance if everything falls right. As noted above, twice in the last 6 years an unranked team has made it to the natty.FCOA, unless adapted by all of the FCS schools could widen the gap between the good and middle of the road teams and make it even tougher for somebody to come from the back of the pack but I might have to change my position from "less than zero" to may 1% or 2% chance, not that my opinion means squat and people that try to predict anything in sports are almost always wrong at some point.

wapiti
May 31st, 2017, 12:35 PM
What were the preseason polls in 1984?
The year prior The Bobcat's were 1- 10. So I suspect they were not ranked in the preseason poll and yet they won the Championship in 1984.

Professor
May 31st, 2017, 02:03 PM
They show the celebration bowl because the quality of the football is so HIGH...

Joke all you will but TV ratings and ESPN coverage for the celebration bowl are a lot better than any FCS playoff game

Professor
May 31st, 2017, 02:05 PM

Make sense , we aren't at that level but we definitely get tired of playing schools who don't bring fans when we are selling out other stadiums

Redbird 4th & short
June 1st, 2017, 10:19 PM
In 2014 Illinois State didn't crack the AGS top 25 until after week 3 and they held a lead in the last 2 minutes of that year's title game.
I had forgotten that. We went 5-6 in 2013 .. horrible first half of season, but finished strong in second half .. so we were more optimistic about competing again in 2014. Many of us saw the depth rebuilding after bunch of roster hits after 2011 and 2012 .. and yes, we saw it before Roberson transferred. He was certainly very critical to our natty run. But we were loaded 2014 despite coming off the 5-6 2013 season. We were playing like a 7-4 team by end of 2013.

Believe it or not, several of us Redbird fans were talking playoff run with championship possibilities in August 2014 .. we knew we were loaded and that no one else knew. Incredibly, MVFC coaches poll picked us 6th in conference that year. QB Blake Winkler looked really good in spring and summer, and held off Roberson in the summer until last week in August when coaches announced Roberson had barely won the job.

Milktruck74
June 2nd, 2017, 07:54 AM
Interesting question:

I'm not sure anyone not ranked currently will win it all (not that they cant, I just cant think of a team that could).....however, I think a 26&down preseason team has plenty of chances to ruin the season of one of those that are in the top 10-15. We are seeing those perennial cellar dwellers sneak up and bite the big boys. ETSU got Samford last year (just the first one that comes to mind)...So, the 7-4 team in the playoffs always has a chance, but stringing together 5 games on the road is tough!!!

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
Interesting question:

Big difference in the FBS is if you don't start in the top 25 you are virtually locked out of playing for the championship due to no auto qualifiers. At least in the FCS it is feasible that a team outside the top 25 wins the natty due to the better playoff system.

centennial
June 2nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
Big difference in the FBS is if you don't start in the top 25 you are virtually locked out of playing for the championship due to no auto qualifiers. At least in the FCS it is feasible that a team outside the top 25 wins the natty due to the better playoff system.

Not completely true. Let the Mizzou have an undefeated season, and win the SEC. They'll be in. However, do that with a G5 team and almost no chance they make it. Any P5 team with okay to good SOS makes it in undefeated.

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry but all the reasons stated on here about this topic are extremely contradictory. It started as "well no one is scheduling us at our place" and has morphed into "they aren't worth scheduling home and home with". So, what do you want, are you going to pay the guarantee to get big programs to come down for a one off? Nope. Won't schedule home and homes? Well guess you're SOL then, don't complain about schools not going to your place to play, especially if they have to pay you to come to their place but you won't sign a home and home. If you don't want to schedule home and homes, how can you possibly expect the power teams to come to you?

This statement you make here makes zero sense to me though to be honest. You brought 10k to a visitors stadium, but somehow the same number of their fans not showing up is a problem? If you can bring 10k to an away game, how is it possible for away teams to even get many tickets to games at your place? Your stadium has to be packed. That and if you can fit 10k of your fans into their stadium they don't have very good attendance in the first place, why would you expect them to bring similar numbers to your place that you brought to theirs? So either you need help from visiting fans to fill your stadium and your first number is not even close to accurate, or you consistently sell out and the reasoning that "they don't bring fans" is baloney. Which is it?

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Not completely true. Let the Mizzou have an undefeated season, and win the SEC. They'll be in. However, do that with a G5 team and almost no chance they make it. Any P5 team with okay to good SOS makes it in undefeated.
Fair enough, I should have been more specific.

ASU33
June 2nd, 2017, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry but all the reasons stated on here about this topic are extremely contradictory. It started as "well no one is scheduling us at our place" and has morphed into "they aren't worth scheduling home and home with". So, what do you want, are you going to pay the guarantee to get big programs to come down for a one off? Nope. Won't schedule home and homes? Well guess you're SOL then, don't complain about schools not going to your place to play, especially if they have to pay you to come to their place but you won't sign a home and home. If you don't want to schedule home and homes, how can you possibly expect the power teams to come to you?

This statement you make here makes zero sense to me though to be honest. You brought 10k to a visitors stadium, but somehow the same number of their fans not showing up is a problem? If you can bring 10k to an away game, how is it possible for away teams to even get many tickets to games at your place? Your stadium has to be packed. That and if you can fit 10k of your fans into their stadium they don't have very good attendance in the first place, why would you expect them to bring similar numbers to your place that you brought to theirs? So either you need help from visiting fans to fill your stadium and your first number is not even close to accurate, or you consistently sell out and the reasoning that "they don't bring fans" is baloney. Which is it?

It's gonna be difficult for Southern to play anyone outside of FAMU, Jackson State, and a few others and expect a large SU crowd to show up at Mumford. SU is the best traveling fan base in all of HBCU football. Southern has set damn near every attendance record in the state of Louisiana, and even UGA fans were shocked at the amount of visiting fans that SU brought to Athens. SU is going to have to deal with the fact that FCS programs especially ones in their local area don't have that type of following outside of the HBCUs.

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2017, 02:53 PM
It's gonna be difficult for Southern to play anyone outside of FAMU, Jackson State, and a few others and expect a large SU crowd to show up at Mumford. SU is the best traveling fan base in all of HBCU football. Southern has set damn near every attendance record in the state of Louisiana, and even UGA fans were shocked at the amount of visiting fans that SU brought to Athens. SU is going to have to deal with the fact that FCS programs especially ones in their local area don't have that type of following outside of the HBCUs.
So they have a massive traveling fanbase but can't get them to show up to their own place?

ASU33
June 2nd, 2017, 03:00 PM
So they have a massive traveling fanbase but can't get them to show up to their own place?

Southern is consistently in the top 10 nationally from an attendance standpoint, last year was one of the few years that they were outside of the top 10 due to historic flooding in displacement of people in the area two weeks before the start of the season.

Thumper 76
June 2nd, 2017, 03:34 PM
Southern is consistently in the top 10 nationally from an attendance standpoint, last year was one of the few years that they were outside of the top 10 due to historic flooding in displacement of people in the area two weeks before the start of the season.
Ok so they fill there place, which makes sense with a strong traveling fanbase. Which leads to my confusion as to why they need an opposing fanbase to travel well, with good attendance like that there shouldn't really be a visitors and home side, just a visitors section.

Oh, follow up question. Is their spot in the top ten due to normal home attendance or is it inflated by massively attended Classic games. Cause if it's from the Classic games then it makes sense that they want teams that travel well to them in the OOC.

ST_Lawson
June 2nd, 2017, 03:41 PM

This is like games between Western and NDSU....in Fargo, it's sold out...in Macomb, one of the highest attended games of our season...both are because of Bison fans usually. If your fanbase travels really well, it's very likely that your home games are absolutely packed and you shouldn't even need to worry about how many the other team sends to your place. We might have 100 Leatherneck fans at a game in Fargo (mostly player family members), but I don't think the Bison fans care...more seats for them.

ASU33
June 2nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
Ok so they fill there place, which makes sense with a strong traveling fanbase. Which leads to my confusion as to why they need an opposing fanbase to travel well, with good attendance like that there shouldn't really be a visitors and home side, just a visitors section.

Oh, follow up question. Is their spot in the top ten due to normal home attendance or is it inflated by massively attended Classic games. Cause if it's from the Classic games then it makes sense that they want teams that travel well to them in the OOC.

Southern has a visitor's section that over in the corner on the East side of the stadium. I can understand their frustration though. Southern brought HUGE numbers to Northwestern State in 2013 with an announced crowd of 14,873 which is doubled what NW State averages. Being conservative you can say SU accounted for 50% of the crowd AT Least and this crowd and Southern is responsible for 5 of the top 6 crowds in NW State's stadium history. The very next year the game was at Southern and drew 15,011 and SU had more people on the sidelines than Northwestern State traveled to that game.

Classic attendances aren't factored into the home attendance average.

Top 10 Crowds at Harry Turpin Stadium1. 17,528 Southern Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Jaguars_football) 09/02/00
2. 17,031 McNeese State Cowboys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McNeese_State_Cowboys_football) 11/16/00
3. 16,706 Southern Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Jaguars_football) 09/05/98
4. 16,222 Southern Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Jaguars_football) 09/07/96
5. 15,600 Southern Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Jaguars_football) 09/03/93
6. 14,873 Southern Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Jaguars_football) 09/07/13
7. 14,591 McNeese State Cowboys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McNeese_State_Cowboys_football) 10/16/04
8. 14,586 McNeese State Cowboys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McNeese_State_Cowboys_football) 10/22/00
9. 14,436 Tarleton State Texans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarleton_State_Texans_football) 09/18/99
10. 14,247 McNeese State Cowboys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McNeese_State_Cowboys_football) 10/15/98

GAD
June 3rd, 2017, 02:43 AM

We sent 2000 tickets they sent back all but 300, there is no team in FCS that travels like Southern we have set attendance records everywhere we have gone. Ask ANY team that has hosted us how we travel

GAD
June 3rd, 2017, 04:51 AM
This is a thread from a few years ago when we shattered the attendance record at UL-L
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?63278-The-JAGUAR-NATION-s-take-over-of-ULL-s-stadium

ASU33
June 3rd, 2017, 07:30 AM
We sent 2000 tickets they sent back all but 300, there is no team in FCS that travels like Southern we have set attendance records everywhere we have gone. Ask ANY team that has hosted us how we travel

For years we didn't play you guys in Montgomery due to Cramton Bowl not being large enough to hold the crowd so we would always play in Mobile for our home game. The 2013 and 2015 Southern game showed the city of Montgomery just how much revenue comes to town when you guys come. Between you guys and Jackson State I cant tell which one travels the best. We travel pretty well but the level that you guys, Jackson State, and FAMU do it is unreal. I've watched you guys turn away games into neutral site games or even completely flip the home field advantage.

GodHelpTheBears
June 3rd, 2017, 08:49 AM
This is like games between Western and NDSU....in Fargo, it's sold out...in Macomb, one of the highest attended games of our season...both are because of Bison fans usually. If your fanbase travels really well, it's very likely that your home games are absolutely packed and you shouldn't even need to worry about how many the other team sends to your place. We might have 100 Leatherneck fans at a game in Fargo (mostly player family members), but I don't think the Bison fans care...more seats for them.

Last year I ended up in a section filled with Bison fans at Plaster. The only thing that surprised me were the number of Bison alumni that live within a relatively convenient drive of Springfield. I wasn't meeting folks living in North Dakota at the time, I heard a lot of Overland Park, Fort Leonard Wood, etc. Polite group, too - a bit arrogant, but not intentionally if that makes sense. I imagine five championships in a row changes a fan's mindset.

GAD
June 3rd, 2017, 09:28 AM
This is a band video but it shows the visitors side (the side where the visiting team stands) at about the 1:20 mark the camera pans out you can see the section where the visiting teams band sits is empty. The next two sections to the right of that are the visitor section
https://youtu.be/5xPkS1Bvwws