PDA

View Full Version : Valpo To Be the 10th MVC team: Football?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2017, 10:07 AM
http://www.omaha.com/uno/reports-missouri-valley-likely-to-add-valparaiso-as-sole-addition/article_d192fe1e-2f8e-11e7-8aa9-c39ca1fa12b2.html

Twitter has confirmed this morning.

Model Citizen
May 9th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Well, the MVC operates the PFL, if that's what you mean.

But the MVFC? No chance of that.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2017, 10:15 AM
https://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/861958944612155393

Thumper 76
May 9th, 2017, 10:28 AM
You seriously think a team is going to jump from non scholly to the MVFC? Epic dumb.

RootinFerDukes
May 9th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Craig Haley‏ @CraigHaley (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley) 3m (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/861970515359039489)

Craig Haley Retweeted lsufootball.net
Valpo spokesman told me the football team will remain in the PFL.

Bisonator
May 9th, 2017, 10:55 AM
This is great! Now the MVFC just needs to lose 2 teams......xcoffeex

citdog
May 9th, 2017, 12:55 PM
You seriously think a team is going to jump from non scholly to the MVFC? Epic dumb.

Well Thump it did come from le high football nation....

Not the dumbest thing he's posted this week even...

DFW HOYA
May 9th, 2017, 01:37 PM

As opposed to non scholly to the CAA? And while there's very little chance Valpo will upgrade football, it's not without precedent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/720330546128101376/tLBi8Xyo.jpg

Model Citizen
May 9th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Valpo, Butler, Drake, USD, Dayton, and Davidson are all very committed to the PFL.

Professor Chaos
May 9th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Valpo, Butler, Drake, USD, Dayton, and Davidson are all very committed to the PFL.
Which is to say they are committed to playing D3 football?

citdog
May 9th, 2017, 03:08 PM

http://memeshappen.com/media/created/he39s-right-you-know-meme-10592.jpg

dgtw
May 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Well Thump it did come from le high football nation....

Not the dumbest thing he's posted this week even...

I think his new thread about Robert Morris joining the MVFC takes that honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
May 9th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I think his new thread about Robert Morris joining the MVFC takes that honor.

Have to give him credit, he never backs down from a challenge.

Herder
May 10th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Did someone use Valpo, football, and committed in the same sentence?

UNIFanSince1983
May 10th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Let's do it get Drake and Valpo both in the MVFC. Gotta get someone that MSU and ISUb can beat right?

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Let's do it get Drake and Valpo both in the MVFC. Gotta get someone that MSU and ISUb can beat right?

Flood it with beatable private schools. Sounds familiar.

GodHelpTheBears
May 10th, 2017, 04:56 PM

Someone could hire Eric Wolford

skinny_uncle
May 13th, 2017, 01:44 AM

Drake and Valpo are both staying in the Pioneer. They don't want to spend ,money on football schollies.

Model Citizen
May 13th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Drake and Valpo are both staying in the Pioneer. They don't want to spend ,money on football schollies.

You say that as if someone is denying you a toy, just to be mean.

No state legislature is going to give them the money. No taxpayers are going to subsidize tuition to keep scholarship costs low. If Drake or Valpo jack up fees, they lose students to private schools that don't have $3-4 million football burdens.

Most private schools are D-III. The exceptions have access to a cash cow (SEC), wealthy donors, or have enough pre-athletic-scholarship major sports history that they want to stay in D-I.

PantherRob82
May 13th, 2017, 05:53 PM

No state legislature is going to give them the money. No taxpayers are going to subsidize tuition to keep scholarship costs low. If Drake or Valpo jack up fees, they lose students to private schools that don't have $3-4 million football burdens.

Most private schools are D-III. The exceptions have access to a cash cow (SEC), wealthy donors, or have enough pre-athletic-scholarship major sports history that they want to stay in D-I.

This comment is assinine. All I see in his post is a statement of 2 facts: they are staying in the Pioneer and don't want to spend money on football scholarships. I'm not sure how you get that impression from a statement of fact.

BisonFan02
May 13th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Alright....what happens first or is more likely....Scholly Drake or Valpo.....or Non Scholly Indiana State or "insert other MVC school" here?

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Concordia (Mhd) would beat every one of those teams now with the exception of USD this year.

BisonFan02
May 14th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Concordia (Mhd) would beat every one of those teams now with the exception of USD this year.

Illuminati confirmed. University of Jamestown is joining the Summit, PFL, and WCHA.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Illuminati confirmed. University of Jamestown is joining the Summit, PFL, and WCHA.

They would fit right in the PFL.

BisonFan02
May 14th, 2017, 09:30 AM
They would fit right in the PFL.

Yup.....basketball and baseball school.

Laker
May 14th, 2017, 10:20 AM

A Jamestown v Concordia game headline- "Jimmies crack Cobbers, but MVC didn't care".

POD Knows
May 14th, 2017, 10:41 AM
A Jamestown v Concordia game headline- "Jimmies crack Cobbers, but MVC didn't care".Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ST_Lawson
May 14th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Alright....what happens first or is more likely....Scholly Drake or Valpo.....or Non Scholly Indiana State or "insert other MVC school" here?

I don't think either is likely, really. Probably see Indiana State drop football and go all-in on basketball before those other things happening.

TheKingpin28
May 14th, 2017, 10:28 PM
A Jamestown v Concordia game headline- "Jimmies crack Cobbers, but MVC didn't care".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Laker again.

I even gave POD some to try and give you some and none could be given.

Laker
May 15th, 2017, 07:05 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Laker again.

I even gave POD some to try and give you some and none could be given.

Growing up, there were two brothers in Buffalo Lake named Jimmy and Kenny, whose nickname was "Cornpile". Of course they were constantly fighting but their mother June would just tell them to take it outside.

So of course, when the battle between the two would break out, someone would sing out- "Jimmy cracked Corn, but June don't care........."

Yote 53
May 15th, 2017, 09:12 AM

I hope the state legislatures don't give these two schools money to throw at athletics. They are, after all, PRIVATE universities.

Thundar
May 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
this thread is dumb

jacksfan29
May 15th, 2017, 01:37 PM

Your missing the newest cash cow. Online students. Liberty and Grand Canyon lead the pack. Grand Canyon has re-built their entire campus in 10 years on the back of their online program. There is a reason that when GCU were attempting to get non-profit status they wanted to continue with a for profit entity, which is why the process failed.

kdinva
May 15th, 2017, 02:02 PM
this thread is dumb

+1

dgtw
May 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
this thread is dumb

You could post that in most of Lehigh's threads.

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2017, 05:19 PM
You could post that in most of Lehigh's threads.

truth

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 01:04 PM
I hope the state legislatures don't give these two schools money to throw at athletics. They are, after all, PRIVATE universities.
Nailed it