PDA

View Full Version : 2017 FCS Football Way Too Early Top 30 Rankings

Pages : [1] 2

youcanbankit
May 4th, 2017, 02:38 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24945&stc=1

2017 is destined to be a fantastic year of college football in Division I - FCS. This division continues to grow and improve its talent at all levels. Based on last years finishes, computer analysis and projections this year, below is a "top 30" preseason ranking.

RANK
TEAM

James Madison

North Dakota State

Eastern Washington

South Dakota State

Richmond

Jacksonville State

Sam Houston State

Central Arkansas

Villanova

Samford

Youngstown State

Chattanooga

North Dakota

The Citadel

Montana

Northern Arizona

Northern Iowa

Wofford

Cal Poly SLO

New Hampshire

Lehigh

South Dakota

Illinois State

Mercer

Grambling State

William and Mary

Western Illinois

Furman

Kennesaw State

San Diego

citdog
May 4th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I can't believe that NOBODY pays you to prognosticate...

BisonTru
May 4th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Is this your personal ranking or someone else's?

citdog
May 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM

It's a joke is what it is. Exactly like the thread he started "Samford Picked to Win the SoCon in 2017" that neglected to say that the only person picking them was him. You can bank on STUPID with this guy...

citdog
May 4th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Gotta LOVE the knowledge he displays by having coastal in there...

PaladinFan
May 4th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Of the top 14 teams, only one of them didn't see the second round of the playoffs last year.

I'll let you guess which one.

kdinva
May 4th, 2017, 04:30 PM

he forgot Appy and Ga. Southern, too.....

McNeese72
May 4th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Good. McNeese is nowhere near the top 30. We don't deserve to be in any preseason rankings. We need to prove it during the season.

Doc

clenz
May 4th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Uni is way too high.

UNI isn't even the 17th best team in Iowa next year.

ElCid
May 4th, 2017, 07:36 PM

Yeah. I was going to say something, but did not want to embarrass him. Glad you took that crisis off my plate.xlolx

caribbeanhen
May 4th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Richmond way to High and don't sleep on the sleeper..... The Delaware Fightin BlueHens..... get ready for it!

BisonFan02
May 4th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Richmond way to High and don't sleep on the sleeper..... The Delaware Fightin BlueHens..... get ready for it!

BlueHen Nation is DYING with anticipation.......literally.

caribbeanhen
May 4th, 2017, 08:03 PM
BlueHen Nation is DYING with anticipation.......literally.

definitely need some younger Sprung Chickens in the Coup...... but our worst attendance figures in the past few years are still very high on the FCS list......

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 4th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Delaware, Albany, Montana State and Fordham are 4 teams worthy of discussion imo.

Lehigh should fall anywhere from 15-25 to start the year. Definitely Top 25 worthy. Their game against Villanova will show if they have Top 10/deep playoff run potential. This should be the best LU team since 2011. That team finished 6th in the Final AGS Poll

Bucs2016
May 4th, 2017, 09:09 PM
No respect for Charleston Southern. Back to back conference champs, back to back playoffs, performed VERY well against nationally ranked teams like Wofford, NDSU, Citadel and Coastal. Return one of best front 7s in all of FCS plus 2 QBs who shared starting role, #1 WR in Big South and pretty darn good OL and OL recruiting class.

I mean...we lost coaches and some RBs.....and im not saying we should be top 10. But dang....top 30??? I think we should be top 30. I mean....you got Kennesaw State in it and we've dominated them pretty soundly in the Big South???

Take Coastal out. Put CSU in at 30. Fixed.

The Cats
May 4th, 2017, 09:18 PM

That makes as much sense as the rest of the ranking. xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
May 4th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Can someone explain to me how Sam Houston State

A.) is in the top 10
B.) is above YSU (why is YSU so low in general?)
C.) doesnt have fans in here trying to tell us they are underrated yet?

BisonTru
May 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM

A.) is in the top 10

On YSU they just had two DE's drafted. Two more kids are in NFL camps, and another two are prospects. That's a lot of talent leaving.

I still think maybe a little low, but like citdog posted this cat is ranking Coastal. So...

Bucs2016
May 4th, 2017, 10:53 PM
That makes as much sense as the rest of the ranking. xcoffeex

How so? Coastal is FBS so they don't count. And CSU isnt worthy of #30...but Kennesaw is? We beat them their only 2 yeads of existence, quite handedly in fact, in the Big South.

BisonTru
May 4th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Uni is way too high.

I just checked Massey and I don't know how they do their preseason stuff but you guys are 6th and have the hardest projected SOS.

UNHWildcat18
May 4th, 2017, 11:42 PM
What has northern Arizona done to be above UNH Wofford and UNI?

Bucs2016
May 5th, 2017, 05:08 AM
Yep Massey ranking is in the link. They have CSU at 11th. Which Id say is a little high considering all the changes we've had. Id put us around 25th and see if we can find a RB replacement and fill those vacated DB spots.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2017&sub=11605

clenz
May 5th, 2017, 06:07 AM
I just checked Massey and I don't know how they do their preseason stuff but you guys are 6th and have the hardest projected SOS.

O/U is 4.5

I take the under

Smitty
May 5th, 2017, 06:17 AM
No respect for Charleston Southern. Back to back conference champs, back to back playoffs, performed VERY well against nationally ranked teams like Wofford, NDSU, Citadel and Coastal. Return one of best front 7s in all of FCS plus 2 QBs who shared starting role, #1 WR in Big South and pretty darn good OL and OL recruiting class.

I mean...we lost coaches and some RBs.....and im not saying we should be top 10. But dang....top 30??? I think we should be top 30. I mean....you got Kennesaw State in it and we've dominated them pretty soundly in the Big South???

Only thing that didn't change on your team from last year was your field. I would have a hard time putting you in the top 50 to be honest.

*Further research shows that the AD did not change.

PaladinFan
May 5th, 2017, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't put Furman anywhere near the top 25. I think we've had 10 wins the last three seasons, a completely new staff, and have had pretty significant roster turnover between graduation and roster attrition.

I like where Furman is and think we finally have the right people in place to elevate the program back to relevance, but many Paladin fans are tempering expectations for 2017. It will likely be a learning year.

ElCid
May 5th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Yep Massey ranking is in the link. They have CSU at 11th. Which Id say is a little high considering all the changes we've had. Id put us around 25th and see if we can find a RB replacement and fill those vacated DB spots.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2017&sub=11605

I was thinking the same thing. But unfortunately, I think we are a bit high as well considering all the losses we endured.:( But who knows. Lately, we keep having folks step up and deliver when we have had losses, including the head coach!xnodx

caribbeanhen
May 5th, 2017, 09:40 AM

A.) is in the top 10

don't compare Sammy to JMU..... JMU is on another level right now, Sammy is a top 10 FCS Team and will get dusted again in the Playoffs

Daytripper
May 5th, 2017, 09:50 AM
don't compare Sammy to JMU..... JMU is on another level right now, Sammy is a top 10 FCS Team and will get dusted again in the Playoffs

Sam returns every single skill position player and has a new D coordinator. See you in the playoffs....oh, wait...no we won't.

caribbeanhen
May 5th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Sam returns every single skill position player and has a new D coordinator. See you in the playoffs....oh, wait...no we won't.

Rocco will have the Hen House clucking again, where is Cluck? We still need a QB and if we get one, watch out, The Defense should be, no will be pretty good!

ST_Lawson
May 5th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Massey has us at #18 right now...probably a bit high considering our question marks, but I'll take it.
Looks like projecting us to be a bit better on defense, but a little down on offense...which kinda makes sense considering we lost two of the best receivers in program history. We're also switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense, which makes sense considering the bulk of our defensive talent is at the LB position. I'm hoping that the switch, plus the coaching changes on that side will maybe get us out of the defensive basement that we were mostly in last season....even just somewhere in the middle would be a nice improvement.

Schism55
May 5th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Noone else thinks EWU is way too high?
Lost HC and OC.
Lost by far their best defensive player.
Lost their top 3 WR, including arguably the best FCS WR ever.
Big Sky just that weak?

BEAR
May 5th, 2017, 10:31 AM
<----- note to self. Watch film of Sammy beatdown in the playoffs. see what they did to stop the pass.

UCA top ten or top 15. Yeah based off last year maybe.

This year UCA plays KState there. LOSS.
SLU at home. Toss up.
SAM at home. LOSS.

The season may be finished after the first 3 games. IMO.

Just gotta see what they bring.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Rocco will have the Hen House clucking again, where is Cluck? We still need a QB and if we get one, watch out, The Defense should be, no will be pretty good!

I hope this is true. I actually would love to play Delaware, regular season or playoffs. What a scene it would be for Keeler's squad to travel to Delaware.....

caribbeanhen
May 5th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I hope this is true. I actually would love to play Delaware, regular season or playoffs. What a scene it would be for Keeler's squad to travel to Delaware.....

If I was the AD, Id be on the phone trying to set up that game, playoffs or not

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 10:47 AM

A.) is in the top 10

A top ten team last year that brings most everyone back including the Payton Award winning QB shouldn't be included in the top 10 this season?

I can't wait for your posts when the real pre-season rankings come out and Sam is in the top 5.

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 10:48 AM
<----- note to self. Watch film of Sammy beatdown in the playoffs. see what they did to stop the pass.

UCA top ten or top 15. Yeah based off last year maybe.

This year UCA plays KState there. LOSS.
SLU at home. Toss up.
SAM at home. LOSS.

The season may be finished after the first 3 games. IMO.

Just gotta see what they bring.

Hope for an injured QB.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 11:04 AM
A top ten team last year that brings most everyone back including the Payton Award winning QB shouldn't be included in the top 10 this season?

I can't wait for your posts when the real pre-season rankings come out and Sam is in the top 5.
Uh oh. Everyone is back from a team that had nearly 70 dropped on them last year in their first game against a relevant team. Watch out.

RootinFerDukes
May 5th, 2017, 11:04 AM

He's just acknowledging that the Sun Belt isn't REALLY FBS anyways. The only people trying to kid themselves are fans of Sun Belt schools.

Mike296
May 5th, 2017, 11:09 AM
This is just my opinion but Grambling State doesn't belong anywhere near a top 30 list. Why? If the SWAC were a conference that put teams into the playoffs I wouldn't care as we've seen the best team in a weak conference do ok in the playoffs at one point or another. The fact that the SWAC doesn't participate in the Playoffs and instead elects to have a end of season Bowl game which is meaningless to everyone involved makes me believe that the leaders of the conference think that they have little to no chance against teams in the playoffs.

I can't say how good Grambling will be this year, but if you play in a non playoff conference and can't compete with Upper level competition OOC, you don't belong anywhere near a Top 30 list like this.

RootinFerDukes
May 5th, 2017, 11:11 AM

It's going to take more than one year of recruiting for your defense to improve enough to not keep giving up 65 point shellackings.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Uh oh. Everyone is back from a team that had nearly 70 dropped on them last year in their first game against a relevant team. Watch out.

Chatty and UCA were good. How'd that second round loss taste? JMU would have blown you guys up as well.

RootinFerDukes
May 5th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Mike Houston had to call off the dogs in the 4th quarter and the offense was coasting. We could've dropped much more if we wanted to. Central Connecticut State's defense put up more of a fight... seriously.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Chatty and UCA were good. How'd that second round loss taste? JMU would have blown you guys up as well.

That's not a given. For all we know based on this it could have been an interesting game.
:D
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170505/bfeb9a272219e44997de2228fc498197.png

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 11:20 AM
That's not a given. For all we know based on this it could have been an interesting game.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170505/bfeb9a272219e44997de2228fc498197.png

2 years ago and still your best win. I would still be bragging also.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 11:22 AM
2 years ago and still your best win. I would still be bragging also.
I mean a 62 point blowout in the semis is pretty impressive. But since it was two years ago Coastal says hi.

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I mean a 62 point blowout in the semis is pretty impressive. But since it was two years ago Coastal says hi.

Your argument on a game from 2015 to a game in 2016 is lame. JSU would have been rolled by JMU also.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Your argument on a game from 2015 to a game in 2016 is lame. JSU would have been rolled by JMU also.
Probably, they would have rolled a lot of teams.

And that's relevant to SHSUs ranking how?

I guess I can go ahead and cross #3 off my list.

BisonTru
May 5th, 2017, 11:39 AM

Why didn't you guys steal Lauletta? I would have put that in Rocco's contract. That's the best QB in the country, IMO.

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Probably, they would have rolled a lot of teams.

And that's relevant to SHSUs ranking how?

I guess I can go ahead and cross #3 off my list.

You should have them all crossed off by now, most on here would have Sam in the top 10, as will the national media.

Hopefully we meet in 2017.

Sammy94
May 5th, 2017, 11:47 AM

This is a guy whose team lost to their only relevant opponent also....

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 11:55 AM
This is a guy whose team lost to their only relevant opponent also....
I think it's funny that you keep comparing your team to mine. I think JSU should really be in the 12-15 range.

Also, to the other thing you posted about the media having you in the top 10. How did it work out when the media had you ranked number 1? The media is often wrong.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I think it's funny that you keep comparing your team to mine. I think JSU should really be in the 12-15 range.

Also, to the other thing you posted about the media having you in the top 10. How did it work out when the media had you ranked number 1? The media is often wrong.

All rankings are just guesstimations. That is why we play the games and have a playoff. I don't care where we are ranked. Let the chips fall where they may.

Iridebikes
May 5th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Lost HC and OC.
Big Sky just that weak?

Guess,we'll find out about the second week end of September when the Bison visit. I went to the spring game last week. EAGS looking OK . Gubruds arm looks stronger. We're returning more then half of our starters on both sides of the ball. Recruited some nice receivers and they're dusting off some kids that red shirted last year.Think it may take us a couple of games to get our stride but in the long run we'll be fine.

ysubigred
May 5th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Uni is way too high.

Really!!!!!! I'd say 10th best in Iowa :Dxdrunkyx

ysubigred
May 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
On YSU they just had two DE's drafted. Two more kids are in NFL camps, and another two are prospects. That's a lot of talent leaving.

I still think maybe a little low, but like citdog posted this cat is ranking Coastal. So...

YSU will be a mystery next year. We did lose what seems to be a bunch of talent but the only two that mattered was a 3rd and 5th round draft pick. Moss was hurt most of the last 9 games and Rivers was either hot or not.. My sources say they are replaced and the running back corps next year is expected to be much better than last year. I still think NDSU and JMU are the two teams to beat xpeacex

Daytripper
May 5th, 2017, 12:50 PM
YSU will be a mystery next year. We did lose what seems to be a bunch of talent but the only two that mattered was a 3rd and 5th round draft pick. Moss was hurt most of the last 9 games and Rivers was either hot or not.. My sources say they are replaced and the running back corps next year is expected to be much better than last year. I still think NDSU and JMU are the two teams to beat xpeacex

I think most people, including myself, will agree....

POD Knows
May 5th, 2017, 01:08 PM
YSU will be a mystery next year. We did lose what seems to be a bunch of talent but the only two that mattered was a 3rd and 5th round draft pick. Moss was hurt most of the last 9 games and Rivers was either hot or not.. My sources say they are replaced and the running back corps next year is expected to be much better than last year. I still think NDSU and JMU are the two teams to beat xpeacexNDSU will never recover from that beating in the semi's last year and the program is in a downward spiral, I read that someplace and it was very knowledgeable people that put that forth. Book it, NDSU's slide to obscurity started last December and will continue in 2017.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 01:16 PM
NDSU will never recover from that beating in the semi's last year and the program is in a downward spiral, I read that someplace and it was very knowledgeable people that put that forth. Book it, NDSU's slide to obscurity started last December and will continue in 2017.
Doubt it. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see NDSU back in Frisco next year.

I really don't want to see you guys next year. Not with Deluca back.

ngineer
May 5th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Delaware, Albany, Montana State and Fordham are 4 teams worthy of discussion imo.

Lehigh should fall anywhere from 15-25 to start the year. Definitely Top 25 worthy. Their game against Villanova will show if they have Top 10/deep playoff run potential. This should be the best LU team since 2011. That team finished 6th in the Final AGS Poll

Agreed. With practically the entire offense returning and a good core of the D and ST's returning that is a realistic view. I don't like playing 'nova in the opener as those games can be very misleading. But, it still will serve as a great measuring stick on strength and talent match ups. Fordham certainly a team to watch with the return of Edmonds for one last rodeo, plus their QB returns, as well. I see the PL as being Lehigh, Fordham and Colgate as the primary challengers with Bucknell, Laughy and G'town in the second tier.

BisonTru
May 5th, 2017, 01:35 PM

I really don't want to see you guys next year. Not with Deluca back.

Our defense is going to be good. Our offense is the question mark.

SDSU is going to be stacked on offense.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Our defense is going to be good. Our offense is the question mark.

SDSU is going to be stacked on offense.
Offense vs Defense?

See 2015 FCS Title Game

BadlandsGrizFan
May 5th, 2017, 02:33 PM
I think EWU and North Dakota are too high...North Dakota benefitted from having the most ridiculously easy schedule possible last year. This year that isnt the case. We will see about EWU....they could be real good or real bad.

Lost HC and OC.
Big Sky just that weak?

BadlandsGrizFan
May 5th, 2017, 02:40 PM
But ya the Big Sky is bad overall.

I think EWU and North Dakota are too high...North Dakota benefitted from having the most ridiculously easy schedule possible last year. This year that isnt the case. We will see about EWU....they could be real good or real bad.

Bucs2016
May 5th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But unfortunately, I think we are a bit high as well considering all the losses we endured.:( But who knows. Lately, we keep having folks step up and deliver when we have had losses, including the head coach!xnodx

Yall have a solid system and recruiting in place. I predict a top 20 finish, top 3 in SoCon, for you.

Bucs2016
May 5th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Only thing that didn't change on your team from last year was your field. I would have a hard time putting you in the top 50 to be honest.

*Further research shows that the AD did not change.

Really?? Our whole front 7 returns and its among the best in FCS. We return a solid group of WRs, one a potential all conference guy. OL is gonna be loaded. Wd have 2 starting QBs back (starter plus backup who took over in week 3 due to season ending injury). We have become a running back factory with Reyes, Hammond, Hollway all shattering records since 2013...next man up.

Our HC basically ran our option offense under Chadwell.

The only really BIG issue is losing all 3 secondary starters.

But yeah...lets drop us from top 10 rank playoff team and conference champ.....to not even top 50.

POD Knows
May 5th, 2017, 03:49 PM

I really don't want to see you guys next year. Not with Deluca back.You must be working too many hours again, read my post, carefully.

walliver
May 5th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Frankly, I'm amazed Samford isn't ranked number 1.
They have the bestest head coach ever, and their linemen are bigger that the "Mountain That Rides".

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 04:33 PM
You must be working too many hours again, read my post, carefully.
72 hours a week. Fun stuff.

I'm assuming I missed the sarcasm.

32counter
May 5th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Why didn't you guys steal Lauletta? I would have put that in Rocco's contract. That's the best QB in the country, IMO.

Lauletta and Johnson and Mancuso are 3 excellent UR QB's.Academically, there is no comparison between UR and UD.Give up a UR degree for a Hen degree you'd have to be crazy.New-Ark is a Waste Management dump site.Rocco's found a place where there is a far,far easier admissions policy. Fontel Mines,an excellent coach that mistakenly left UR with Rocco and after 3 months left New-Ark for JMU.Smart move by Fontel.Excellent recruiter who opened his eyes after 89 days,looked around and said "WTF,I'm getting out of Middletown".

Cocky
May 5th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Our defense should be solid. Let us pick a QB before I guess about the offense.

Right now we are a question mark and could be ranked anywhere from 15 up? maybe 20 up?

KPSUL
May 5th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Mike Houston had to call off the dogs in the 4th quarter and the offense was coasting. We could've dropped much more if we wanted to. Central Connecticut State's defense put up more of a fight... seriously.

JMU continued to get even better as the season went on. The playoff JMU team was better than the team that walloped CCSU.

BisonTru
May 5th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Lauletta and Johnson and Mancuso are 3 excellent UR QB's.Academically, there is no comparison between UR and UD.Give up a UR degree for a Hen degree you'd have to be crazy.New-Ark is a Waste Management dump site.Rocco's found a place where there is a far,far easier admissions policy. Fontel Mines,an excellent coach that mistakenly left UR with Rocco and after 3 months left New-Ark for JMU.Smart move by Fontel.Excellent recruiter who opened his eyes after 89 days,looked around and said "WTF,I'm getting out of Middletown".

Well Kyle would have to get his bachelors first before transferring.

What kind of offense are they going to run?

ElCid
May 5th, 2017, 05:01 PM
They have the bestest head coach ever, and their linemen are bigger that the "Mountain That Rides".

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well.

dbackjon
May 5th, 2017, 05:15 PM
NDSU will never recover from that beating in the semi's last year and the program is in a downward spiral, I read that someplace and it was very knowledgeable people that put that forth. Book it, NDSU's slide to obscurity started last December and will continue in 2017.

I heard NDSU was going to shut the program down before UND enters the MVFC.

KPSUL
May 5th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Delaware and Richmond are both great schools. By any measure, Delaware is an excellent state university. No one is interested in the college comparisons of a nitwit who actually thought University of Delaware was located in Newark, NJ. Stick to football, although I doubt your posts will be any better than the crap you've put up on this board so far.

Bucs2016
May 5th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Im gonna call a dark horse and say Wofford might be the shocker team of the year. They've got a kid coming up at QB that is gonna make people forget Shawn Graves in Spartanburg. And their defense is gonna be stout. Last year's playoff run might have been their warmup.

ElCid
May 5th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Im gonna call a dark horse and say Wofford might be the shocker team of the year. They've got a kid coming up at QB that is gonna make people forget Shawn Graves in Spartanburg. And their defense is gonna be stout. Last year's playoff run might have been their warmup.

Well, we will see. Like us last year, they start out with a double bang of SOCON games. Could make their season or put them in a hole quick.

POD Knows
May 5th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I heard NDSU was going to shut the program down before UND enters the MVFC.Well yea, because the same analyist's that identified the weakness in the Bison program have identified the hidden treasure that is UND football. Both programs are on 45 degree trajectory, one going up and one going down. Plus we lost our starting point guard on the men's BB team as he left parts unknown. All signs of a disfunctional athletic program in decline

cx500d
May 5th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Plus we weren't able to cancel our womens hockey program...

Well yea, because the same analyist's that identified the weakness in the Bison program have identified the hidden treasure that is UND football. Both programs are on 45 degree trajectory, one going up and one going down. Plus we lost our starting point guard on the men's BB team as he left parts unknown. All signs of a disfunctional athletic program in decline

cx500d
May 5th, 2017, 05:37 PM
How could they be...Obviously Chattanooga is going all the way....really....seriously....

youcanbankit
May 5th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Typo. Suppose to have been Cal Poly. Must have auto corrected. Thanks for catching it.

JSUSoutherner
May 5th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Our defense should be solid. Let us pick a QB before I guess about the offense.

Right now we are a question mark and could be ranked anywhere from 15 up? maybe 20 up?
Do they have an idea who is starting in Hill and Green's spot? I heard they were moving Siran Neal to corner but I don't think they mentioned whether he would be the guy or not. Also who would then take Siran's spot at Nickle?

Those are my only two questions about our defense. Our DL should be pretty good I suspect. I'm looking forward to watching Jackson destroy people for another year. :D

Gangtackle11
May 5th, 2017, 05:49 PM

xcoffeex

32counter
May 5th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Well Kyle would have to get his bachelors first before transferring.

What kind of offense are they going to run?

2 of the 3 QB's are dual purpose.Kyle is more of pro style QB.UR OC was Chatty OC under Huseman.We will likely run a lot less power I as we have in previous years.This year will be a transition year for the offense using hybrid UR/Chatty offensive sets.UR's defense will undergo biggest change with the primary use of of 4-5-2.

BisonTru
May 5th, 2017, 06:36 PM
2 of the 3 QB's are dual purpose.Kyle is more of pro style QB.UR OC was Chatty OC under Huseman.We will likely run a lot less power I as we have in previous years.This year will be a transition year for the offense using hybrid UR/Chatty offensive sets.UR's defense will undergo biggest change with the primary use of of 4-5-2.

Keep Lauletta in a pro style system. He has the traits the NFL is looking for. That and it's a fitting offense for him. JMO.

I don't see Wentz Flacco hype but potentially draftable.

SDFS
May 5th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Plus we weren't able to cancel our womens hockey program...

So, you are saying that you want to start a womens hockey program.. I know a couple of ladies in the area that would love to play hockey in North Dakota.

cx500d
May 5th, 2017, 08:01 PM
I was being ridiculously facetious...

So, you are saying that you want to start a womens hockey program.. I know a couple of ladies in the area that would love to play hockey in North Dakota.

Bucs2016
May 5th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Well, we will see. Like us last year, they start out with a double bang of SOCON games. Could make their season or put them in a hole quick.

Its gonna be Wofford or Citadel in the SoCon. Both teams have tremendous running games and great defense. Thats what wins. UTC and Samford are great teams but I trust big time running games and defense.

32counter
May 5th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Keep Lauletta in a pro style system. He has the traits the NFL is looking for. That and it's a fitting offense for him. JMO.

I don't see Wentz Flacco hype but potentially draftable.

Thanks for Lauletta compliment.Agree on your view.

Milktruck74
May 5th, 2017, 09:21 PM
With a new (unproven in FCS level) coach, and 3 of 5 the OL gone, the workhorse RB graduating, and the Defense graduating......(as much as it pains me to say) Chattanooga is a 20-25 at best!!!!!!!

POD Knows
May 6th, 2017, 09:58 AM
So, you are saying that you want to start a womens hockey program.. I know a couple of ladies in the area that would love to play hockey in North Dakota.Yea, they could play on the outdoor rink just east of the campus, cut down on overhead. There is a building on site, they could serve hot chocolate to the 15 people that show up. NDSU should look at that because they are yugely out of title IX compliance based on the analysis from the same think tank that has predicted the demise of the NDSU football program.

GodHelpTheBears
May 6th, 2017, 10:15 AM
We're gonna suck again

Our starting QB will not have played a down of Division I football, our offensive line is green as a mayapple, our secondary is undisciplined and Dylan Cole went to the NFL.

I've spoken to locals who say we'll be around .500 this year but I don't see it, not against our schedule. We'll be fortunate to get back to four wins.

ST_Lawson
May 6th, 2017, 12:47 PM
We're gonna suck again

Our starting QB will not have played a down of Division I football, our offensive line is green as a mayapple, our secondary is undisciplined and Dylan Cole went to the NFL.

I've spoken to locals who say we'll be around .500 this year but I don't see it, not against our schedule. We'll be fortunate to get back to four wins.

And yet we will blow a huge lead and nearly lose to you guys again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youcanbankit
May 7th, 2017, 06:55 PM

Composite Data Ranking using multiple sources....

youcanbankit
May 7th, 2017, 06:58 PM
It's a joke is what it is. Exactly like the thread he started "Samford Picked to Win the SoCon in 2017" that neglected to say that the only person picking them was him. You can bank on STUPID with this guy...

Wrong again citdoggy...We used multiple sources, updated injury and losses lists, projected starters, statistics and physical numbers, projected depth, rankings, player rankings, strength of schedule, home and away data, and other relevant data to generate computer rankings.

citdog
May 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM
https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/05140f54fb130b358795483058b259f56d14fe-wm.jpg?v=3

Good for "y'all"!

youcanbankit
May 7th, 2017, 07:43 PM
LOL.... You are definitely made of dark matter....
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24958&stc=1

FUBeAR
May 7th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Wrong again citdoggy...We used multiple sources, updated injury and losses lists, projected starters, statistics and physical numbers, projected starters, rankings, player rankings, strength of schedule, home and away data, and other relevant data to generate computer rankings.

Impressive. Looked like to me that you just took Southern Pigskin's Top 25 (including the table & logo they used on their list), moved a few teams around to mostly support your narrative, and added a few teams to make it 30 instead of 25...but I guess not.

BisonFan02
May 7th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Impressive. Looked like to me that you just took Southern Pigskin's Top 25 (including the table & logo they used on their list), moved a few teams around to mostly support your narrative, and added a few teams to make it 30 instead of 25...but I guess not.

His calculator must not have included classification/division...or much thought. :D

citdog
May 7th, 2017, 08:18 PM
His calculator must not have included classification/division...or much thought. :D

Sort of like Southern Pigskin...

nodak651
May 8th, 2017, 01:14 AM

By your logic, Montana shouldn't be ranked, considering they lost to 3 ridiculously easy schools that UND beat.

Watch out for UND next year - Elijah Grady is BACK!

Cocky
May 8th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Do they have an idea who is starting in Hill and Green's spot? I heard they were moving Siran Neal to corner but I don't think they mentioned whether he would be the guy or not. Also who would then take Siran's spot at Nickle?

Those are my only two questions about our defense. Our DL should be pretty good I suspect. I'm looking forward to watching Jackson destroy people for another year. :D

Wasnt able to watch any spring, so not sure who will earn those positions but we have options.

Iridebikes
May 8th, 2017, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=nodak651;2477574]By your logic, Montana shouldn't be ranked, considering they lost to 3 ridiculously easy schools that UND beat.

Watch out for UND next year - Elijah Grady is BACK![/QUOTe
If that's how you read there logic I'm not sure that I would disagree. Have'nt seen anything out Missoula in the last three years to indicate and improving program. Certainly not a top 15 program. Not fully convinced that the Griz are track to be a top 30.

youcanbankit
May 8th, 2017, 09:00 AM

lol....Not quiet....lol

jmufan999
May 8th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Hope for an injured QB.

your QB was fine. Before the game, the announcers were saying they paid close attention to him in warmups and he looked good. there were at least 10 reasons you lost, but a QB injury wasn't one of them.

Catatonic
May 8th, 2017, 09:12 AM
One of the things I appreciate the most about FCS is how incredibly difficult it is to predict how the season will unfold. There are always teams that emerge that no one picked in their top 25 or 30. I'm not sure which schools will pop up this year but a couple of schools not named NDSW will do much better than anyone anticipates, and more than a few of those in this or anyone else's top 25-30 will disappoint. Sure, this happens with power 5 schools, too, but not as much.

BadlandsGrizFan
May 8th, 2017, 09:21 AM
I dont necessarily think we should be ranked....we have top talent, but until I see us actually use it I'm cautiously optimistic. UND benefited from the easiest schedule in all the land....but yet somehow their fans have gained the arrogance of their big brothers to the south.

By your logic, Montana shouldn't be ranked, considering they lost to 3 ridiculously easy schools that UND beat.

clenz
May 8th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Really!!!!!! I'd say 10th best in Iowa :Dxdrunkyx
That's pretty iffy

1. Iowa
2. Wartburg
3. Morningside
4. Grandview
5. Loras
6. Coe
7. Central
8. Luther
9. Upper Iowa
10. Simpson
11. Buena Vista
12. Dubuque
13. Northwestern
14. Iowa Western CC
15. Elsworth CC
16. Grinnell
17. Briar Cliff
18. Waldorf
T19. Iowa State
T19. Northern Iowa
20. Drake

DirtyDukes
May 8th, 2017, 10:37 AM
LOL @ any Sammy fans bringing up Briscoe's Payton award. He was the worst QB I saw live last year and that includes CCSU and Morehead's QBs. GTFOOH

Bison56
May 8th, 2017, 10:50 AM

https://media.tenor.co/images/bce0fec83986058bcbbb3d576fd5d8b2/tenor.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj0tdOW0-DTAhUYwGMKHYXBAa0QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tenor.co%2Fview%2Fwho-gif-4365353&psig=AFQjCNEMfUm8Hyb4OJyZ1_IFNVcTdCxpAw&ust=1494344976930243)

POD Knows
May 8th, 2017, 10:54 AM
LOL @ any Sammy fans bringing up Briscoe's Payton award. He was the worst QB I saw live last year and that includes CCSU and Morehead's QBs. GTFOOHHe played with a broken arm and was blind in one eye during that game. His Rogaine hadn't kicked in yet, so he had that on his mind as well.

Bison56
May 8th, 2017, 11:00 AM
He played with a broken arm and was blind in one eye during that game. His Rogaine hadn't kicked in yet, so he had that on his mind as well.

It was dark out that night also.

POD Knows
May 8th, 2017, 11:03 AM
It was dark out that night also.Yep, impossible conditions for any QB, much less a half blind, balding, one armed man (allegedly)

Daytripper
May 8th, 2017, 11:14 AM
your QB was fine. Before the game, the announcers were saying they paid close attention to him in warmups and he looked good. there were at least 10 reasons you lost, but a QB injury wasn't one of them.

Yeah. Because announcers, you know, are always in the know.

BisonFan02
May 8th, 2017, 11:16 AM

Could he tackle? Your D couldnt.

jmufan999
May 8th, 2017, 01:45 PM

why would they need to be in the know? they said he LOOKS fine. they have eyes and opinions. and his motion looked fine to me. he had plenty of zip on the ball. he just sucked. and your WRs got absolutely destroyed all game long.

Sammy94
May 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM

I know for a fact he was and should not have dressed out.

FUBeAR
May 8th, 2017, 02:26 PM
...he was and should not have dressed out.

I don't think you'll find any disagreement with that comment...

PLAYER
C/ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
INT

SHSU Starting QB vs. JMU
13/44 (29%)

Daytripper
May 8th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I know for a fact he was and should not have dressed out.

We would have had a better showing with the freshman Caleb Griffin.

McNeese75
May 8th, 2017, 03:49 PM
xeyebrowx DT and 94 need to remove the flame bait hook and avoid any future discussions on the JMU Game. The game was a bad one and fortunately for you its over. Briscoe may have been dinged but that was not the problem on offense. The problem was those Banshee lock down CB's in the purple. After watching the three ring circus game McNeese has with SAM I predicted the day Briscoe had to face some really good CB's (MSU's sucked) he was gong to be in a bind if he had to hold the ball over 3 seconds. Then you add that dynamo RB coming at you and , well, like I said, forget it. xnodx

Daytripper
May 8th, 2017, 04:04 PM
xeyebrowx DT and 94 need to remove the flame bait hook and avoid any future discussions on the JMU Game. The game was a bad one and fortunately for you its over. Briscoe may have been dinged but that was not the problem on offense. The problem was those Banshee lock down CB's in the purple. After watching the three ring circus game McNeese has with SAM I predicted the day Briscoe had to face some really good CB's (MSU's sucked) he was gong to be in a bind if he had to hold the ball over 3 seconds. Then you add that dynamo RB coming at you and , well, like I said, forget it. xnodx

Sage advice.

DirtyDukes
May 8th, 2017, 05:18 PM
The ONLY reason he had the numbers he did was because he played in the Cupcake SLC. Is it true you guys draw cards with colored squares on them to see who wins the conference? CUZ YO **** IS CANDYLAND BRUH

citdog
May 8th, 2017, 05:27 PM
The ONLY reason he had the numbers he did was because he played in the Cupcake SLC. Is it true you guys draw cards with colored squares on them to see who wins the conference? CUZ YO **** IS CANDYLAND BRUH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFo5fbxAt8

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2017, 05:52 PM
72 hours a week. Fun stuff.

I'm assuming I missed the sarcasm.

this is what you missed

CSPI

longtimemocfan
May 8th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I honestly don't know if we will be a top 20 team at this point. Totally new coaching staff as well complete change of schemes on both sides of the ball. May be mid season before we pick everything up.
Their is plenty of talent just a lot to pick up and learn.

nodak651
May 8th, 2017, 11:36 PM
https://media.tenor.co/images/bce0fec83986058bcbbb3d576fd5d8b2/tenor.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj0tdOW0-DTAhUYwGMKHYXBAa0QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tenor.co%2Fview%2Fwho-gif-4365353&psig=AFQjCNEMfUm8Hyb4OJyZ1_IFNVcTdCxpAw&ust=1494344976930243)

He is a right tackle that started the last 5 games of the season, two years ago, as a true freshman. He was a huge reason why Santiago had so many long runs during his freshman year. Grady was gone last year for personal reasons. He's back as a Sophomore this year.

His high school highlights are very entertaining --> http://deadspin.com/watch-a-giant-high-school-football-player-dominate-his-1683997196

Sammy94
May 9th, 2017, 08:25 AM

In no way do I think a healthy Briscoe changes the outcome of that game. Our defense was pretty non existent and Longo's play calling had become so predictable that anybody who watched any film could game plan for. I was talking to the center last week about this and he said that it got to a point late in the season where he would know what the next play was going to be before he was told. Briscoe was definitely not the reason Sam lost but the kid was hurt and the coaches decided he still gave them the best shot at winning.

Sammy94
May 9th, 2017, 08:28 AM

We will see how the mighty CAA does in Texas in August.

jmufan999
May 9th, 2017, 09:44 AM
We will see how the mighty CAA does in Texas in August.

i hate Richmond, but they're going to f***ing crush you. it's going to be humbling. on the other hand, you SHOULD have been humbled by your last two playoff exits, but it doesn't appear that reality has kicked in yet.

F'N Hawks
May 9th, 2017, 09:57 AM
i hate Richmond, but they're going to f***ing crush you. it's going to be humbling. on the other hand, you SHOULD have been humbled by your last two playoff exits, but it doesn't appear that reality has kicked in yet.

I don't know about "crush" them. Richmond's DB's are pretty average and will have trouble with Sammy's WR's. Will definitely be a good game, IMO. Plus, alot will depend on what defense Richmond runs now, anybody know? That outside shell defense they ran last year wouldn't match up very well vs. a quick throwing team - see the EWU game. It was fine vs. UND's style.

Sammy94
May 9th, 2017, 10:13 AM
I don't know about "crush" them. Richmond's DB's are pretty average and will have trouble with Sammy's WR's. Will definitely be a good game, IMO. Plus, alot will depend on what defense Richmond runs now, anybody know? That outside shell defense they ran last year wouldn't match up very well vs. a quick throwing team - see the EWU game. It was fine vs. UND's style.

We saw it in our last playoff victory. I think Sammy will have a good idea what they will be doing.

Sammy94
May 9th, 2017, 10:17 AM

Humbling? Does that go away if you win a NC? I seem to remember crushing a Colgate team that beat JMU.......Funny how much things can change in a year. I like our chances in the heat of August.

Daytripper
May 9th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Humbling? Does that go away if you win a NC? I seem to remember crushing a Colgate team that beat JMU.......Funny how much things can change in a year. I like our chances in the heat of August.

Short term memory and arrogance is a bad combination.

jmufan999
May 9th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Humbling? Does that go away if you win a NC?

yes. it does. try it sometime.

this is maybe the most hypocritical thing I've ever read on this board, which is saying a lot.

*short term memory: getting pummeled by JSU, playing yet another insanely soft regular season schedule, then completely forgetting about it when playing another decent program in JMU.... and getting pummeled again.
*arrogance: talking more smack than any team I've EVER seen and not even remotely being able to back it up.

i'll give you this, Daytripper. you were easily the most logical SHSU fan, although that's a pretty low bar.

one other thing: how is it arrogant if I said RICHMOND is going to crush you? i'm not one of their fans, and as I mentioned, I hate them. I would love it if you beat them.

Bisonator
May 9th, 2017, 11:07 AM
NDSU will regain their rightful place at the top again this year. That is all.

Bison56
May 9th, 2017, 01:03 PM

end thread

youcanbankit
May 9th, 2017, 01:35 PM
We saw it in our last playoff victory. I think Sammy will have a good idea what they will be doing.

Huesman HC at Richmond, likes to run a 4-2-5 defense. May take him a year or so to convert.

32counter
May 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM

You have obviously never experienced the heat and humidity in Richmond during the months of July and August
when the Spiders will be training outside in its preseason prep.Playing SHSU at night in Houston will be a relief from the Richmond weather.

Bison56
May 9th, 2017, 03:06 PM
You have obviously never experienced the heat and humidity in Richmond during the months of July and August
when the Spiders will be training outside in its preseason prep.Playing SHSU at night in Houston will be a relief from the Richmond weather.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lucille-portable.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxvqadzuPTAhWLq1QKHTnPAmEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fliz-lemon-eye-roll%2F&psig=AFQjCNF4BCOMjvHE4a65CLMBZnSKQCb6FQ&ust=1494446767586527)

Daytripper
May 9th, 2017, 03:43 PM
yes. it does. try it sometime.

this is maybe the most hypocritical thing I've ever read on this board, which is saying a lot.

*short term memory: getting pummeled by JSU, playing yet another insanely soft regular season schedule, then completely forgetting about it when playing another decent program in JMU.... and getting pummeled again.
*arrogance: talking more smack than any team I've EVER seen and not even remotely being able to back it up.

i'll give you this, Daytripper. you were easily the most logical SHSU fan, although that's a pretty low bar.

one other thing: how is it arrogant if I said RICHMOND is going to crush you? i'm not one of their fans, and as I mentioned, I hate them. I would love it if you beat them.

We play who is in front of us. That is all we can do. Would I like a tougher schedule? Abso-****ing-lutely! Can I make that happen? No. We have beaten who is in front of us to get the opportunity to get steamrolled in our seasons' final game. I don't think any SHSU poster has ever said that we were better than the the team that pounded us. Go to our board. We all acknowledge that we lack what it takes to get over the hump late in the playoffs. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we actually win playoff games. Only one team finishes with the trophy. We would just like our team to figure out how to do that. So, in short, I remember it all. And, unlike you, I won't be an insufferable ass if we actually win a national championship. Can't say the same of other Sammy posters, but I will guarantee it won't be me.

JSUSoutherner
May 9th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Chattown? Is that you?

Richmond is hotter than Texas? Since when?

I nominate this for Dumb Post of the Year.

caribbeanhen
May 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24961&stc=1

right

BisonTru
May 9th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Chattown? Is that you?

To be fair all my relatives in AZ talk about the not so bad dry heat. I really don't know. South Dakota is too warm for me.

Daytripper
May 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM
To be fair all my relatives in AZ talk about the not so bad dry heat. I really don't know. South Dakota is too warm for me.

Huntsville, Texas is not "dry heat." Far from it.

jmufan999
May 9th, 2017, 06:55 PM
We play who is in front of us. That is all we can do. Would I like a tougher schedule? Abso-****ing-lutely! Can I make that happen? No. We have beaten who is in front of us to get the opportunity to get steamrolled in our seasons' final game. I don't think any SHSU poster has ever said that we were better than the the team that pounded us. Go to our board. We all acknowledge that we lack what it takes to get over the hump late in the playoffs. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we actually win playoff games. Only one team finishes with the trophy. We would just like our team to figure out how to do that. So, in short, I remember it all. And, unlike you, I won't be an insufferable ass if we actually win a national championship. Can't say the same of other Sammy posters, but I will guarantee it won't be me.

I suppose I owe you a cookie.

just to recap: all i said was Richmond is going to win, and that sucks. I will be rooting for you, it just won't do any good. feel free to rub my face in it if i'm wrong, i will have to get the champagne out of my eyes before i see your comment.

JSUSoutherner
May 9th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Arizona isn't that bad unless it's pushing 110+. 95+ south of Nashville from Dallas to Charleston is total garbage.

Even up through Arkansas and Southern Missouri sucks.

Daytripper
May 9th, 2017, 07:41 PM
I suppose I owe you a cookie.

just to recap: all i said was Richmond is going to win, and that sucks. I will be rooting for you, it just won't do any good. feel free to rub my face in it if i'm wrong, i will have to get the champagne out of my eyes before i see your comment.

Don't root for us. I'm never rooting for you. I went to the game in Frisco wanting to to root for you (that whole prefer to get beat by the eventual champion thing), but your fans were just a bunch of drunk, obnoxious, blowhards that I just couldn't. You are a proper representation of them. The YSU fans were actually pretty decent.

BisonFan02
May 9th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Don't root for us. I'm never rooting for you. I went to the game in Frisco wanting to to root for you (that whole prefer to get beat by the eventual champion thing), but your fans were just a bunch of drunk, obnoxious, blowhards that I just couldn't. You are a proper representation of them. The YSU fans were actually pretty decent.

I didn't get to go to the JMU game this past year in Fargo, but I do remember the crew in the 2011 playoffs. They were a different bunch....I had thought it was just a minority, but who knows?

ysubigred
May 10th, 2017, 08:02 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GDpTd3D3lPI/UBLSKhQfBGI/AAAAAAAACMI/qNGtMgELwJE/s1600/i-want-you.png

ysubigred
May 10th, 2017, 08:04 AM
I didn't get to go to the JMU game this past year in Fargo, but I do remember the crew in the 2011 playoffs. They were a different bunch....I had thought it was just a minority, but who knows?

Besides the annoying purple and yellow streamers the JMU fans were pretty Awesome in Frisco at least to me xbowx

Bisonator
May 10th, 2017, 08:15 AM
right
You've got a year to get your **** together hen. I'm counting on at least a competitive 1st quarter out of your chickens!

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I feel like the top 3 and bottom 2 are pretty clear as offseason prognostications in May go.

Top tier: 1st to 3rd ... I would put SDSU, NDSU, ISUr as top 3 in that order. SDSU gets the nod because they have a lot coming back and also host both NDSU and ISUr this season. Then can see NDSU and ISUr tieing for 2nd. WIU has some tough road games, so they fall to middle tier.

Bottom Tier: 9th - 10th .. InSb, MoST .. just can't see how they emerge any better than this right now. Could be wrong about ISUb .. they could sneak up on middle of pack.

Middle Tier: 4th-8th .. no confidence at all in this order, as is the norm in middle of MVFC: WIU, UNI, USD, YSU, SIU. I do like WIU 4th and SIU surprised last year being more comeptitive than I would have guessed with their 1st year coach .. so these guys could move up in 2nd year. USD keeps getting more competitive, but can't seem to break thru in MVFC.

Biggest question marks in this group are YSU and UNI .. normally pen them in Top 4, but UNI lost most of their coaches. And YSU lost a lot of studs off that defense .. not just the 2 DEs but their very stingy secondary. Hard to recover from that in one off season.

BisonTru
May 10th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Besides the annoying purple and yellow streamers the JMU fans were pretty Awesome in Frisco at least to me xbowx

I didn't mind the streamers just wish I knew about that tradition beforehand. I sat in the section right by them in the Fargodome and had I known I would have brought a bunch of Green steamers to throw back at them. Hopefully we meet again.

F'N Hawks
May 10th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I feel like the top 3 and bottom 2 are pretty clear as offseason prognostications in May go.

Top tier: 1st to 3rd ... I would put SDSU, NDSU, ISUr as top 3 in that order. SDSU gets the nod because they have a lot coming back and also host both NDSU and ISUr this season. Then can see NDSU and ISUr tieing for 2nd. WIU has some tough road games, so they fall to middle tier.

Bottom Tier: 9th - 10th .. InSb, MoST .. just can't see how they emerge any better than this right now. Could be wrong about ISUb .. they could sneak up on middle of pack.

Middle Tier: 4th-8th .. no confidence at all in this order, as is the norm in middle of MVFC: WIU, UNI, USD, YSU, SIU. I do like WIU 4th and SIU surprised last year being more comeptitive than I would have guessed with their 1st year coach .. so these guys could move up in 2nd year. USD keeps getting more competitive, but can't seem to break thru in MVFC.

Biggest question marks in this group are YSU and UNI .. normally pen them in Top 4, but UNI lost most of their coaches. And YSU lost a lot of studs off that defense .. not just the 2 DEs but their very stingy secondary. Hard to recover from that in one off season.

There is a MVFC thread that's already in full-swing.

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2017, 11:05 AM
There is a MVFC thread that's already in full-swing.

woops, picked wrong thread .. thanks

Thumper 76
May 10th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Man it's incredible the tapers on some SHSU fans. If my team had 60+ put up on them twice in the playoffs in recent memory I wouldn't be talking a lot of ****.

jmufan999
May 10th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Don't root for us.

again, i'm not rooting for you because I like you. i'm rooting AGAINST Richmond. so I will be rooting for you.

p.s.- you said you went to Frisco and the YSU fans were decent. did you talk to both of them?

BisonTru
May 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM
again, i'm not rooting for you because I like you. i'm rooting AGAINST Richmond. so I will be rooting for you.

p.s.- you said you went to Frisco and the YSU fans were decent. did you talk to both of them?

That's mean man. Their AD literally gave you their tickets.

jmufan999
May 10th, 2017, 02:53 PM
That's mean man. Their AD literally gave you their tickets.

no one's arguing that. it was incredibly stupid.

DirtyDukes
May 10th, 2017, 03:10 PM

HEY GUYS IT'S MORE OF THAT FAMOUS TEXAS BRAVADO!!!

I'm pretty sure a national championship removes losing a 1 TD game. I'm not so sure winning a National TV will ever remove you guys losing 65-7.

LOL.

Richmond in the summer gets to be 100+ with 100% humidity. Heat won't be a factor.

DirtyDukes
May 10th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I went to the game in Frisco wanting to to root for you

http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 03:12 PM
woops, picked wrong thread .. thanks

This is the right thread. No wrong threads in the FCS forum....

Sammy94
May 10th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Richmond in the summer gets to be 100+ with 100% humidity. Heat won't be a factor.

Days of Hot Weather in RichmondSummers in Richmond are consistently hot with most days in the 80s Fahrenheit and many in the 90s.
But the thermometer usually stops climbing before it hits 100 °F (38 °C). The city averages just one day a year when the high reaches 100 degrees or more. A 100-degree day most commonly shows up in July, but can also happen in June or August.

That's spring like in Texas but whatever I have no doubt Richmond will be ready for the relief of a cool Texas August evening as the sun finally goes down about halftime.

DirtyDukes
May 10th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Days of Hot Weather in Richmond

Summers in Richmond are consistently hot with most days in the 80s Fahrenheit and many in the 90s.
But the thermometer usually stops climbing before it hits 100 °F (38 °C). The city averages just one day a year when the high reaches 100 degrees or more. A 100-degree day most commonly shows up in July, but can also happen in June or August.

That's spring like in Texas but whatever I have no doubt Richmond will be ready for the relief of a cool Texas August evening as the sun finally goes down about halftime.

LOL listen buddy I'm not sure where you got your info but as someone who lives in Richmond we have a lot more than "some" days that get to 90+ and more than a few over 100+. Regardless, 95 with 100% humidity feels like 120

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Regardless of the weather, the football is HOT in both places! There is only one place where the football is hotter...Anyone have a guess?

Bison56
May 10th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Regardless of the weather, the football is HOT in both places! There is only one place where the football is hotter...Anyone have a guess?

Samford?

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Fargo

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Samford?

I wish. They are getting better and heading skyward.

- - - Updated - - -

Fargo

uuuuhhhhhhh....nope.

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I wish. They are getting better and heading skyward.

- - - Updated - - -

uuuuhhhhhhh....nope.

yes

citdog
May 10th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Samford?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/93/1b/3b/931b3bc724a07042cb349d7c0907edf2.jpg

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 04:48 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/93/1b/3b/931b3bc724a07042cb349d7c0907edf2.jpg

That would be Sanford, not Samford. "You Big Dummy." At first I thought this was your self portrait. Looks alot like your avatar, except Fred is better looking. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2017, 04:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg&amp;app=desktop

Mike296
May 10th, 2017, 04:58 PM
After looking at the ratings from Massey and considering what every team has at their disposal, My top 25 would go something like this:

1. James Madison
2. NDSU
3. EWU
4. Jville State
5. Youngstown State
6. Richmond
7. South Dakota State
8. Villanova
9. Chattanooga
10. Central Arkansas
11. Wofford
12.Citadel
13. Western Illinois
14.Sam Houston State
15. North Dakota
16. Samford
17. UNH
18.Charleston Southern
19. Cal Poly SLO
20. Illinois State
21. Albany
22. South Dakota
23.Montana
24.Lehigh
25.Northern Iowa

You guys will probably disagree with my list and thats fine, this is just my opinion and I'll be happy to explain my picks if needed

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2017, 05:01 PM
After looking at the ratings from Massey and considering what every team has at their disposal, My top 25 would go something like this:

1. James Madison
2. NDSU
3. EWU
4. Jville State
5. Youngstown State
6. Richmond
7. South Dakota State
8. Villanova
9. Chattanooga
10. Central Arkansas
11. Wofford
12.Citadel
13. Western Illinois
14.Sam Houston State
15. North Dakota
16. Samford
17. UNH
18.Charleston Southern
19. Cal Poly SLO
20. Illinois State
21. Albany
22. South Dakota
23.Montana
24.Lehigh
25.Northern Iowa

You guys will probably disagree with my list and thats fine, this is just my opinion and I'll be happy to explain my picks if needed

How?

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 05:04 PM

lol .....The best Video ever made. I laugh uncontrollably everytime you post this thing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEp8J9v7rMk

Mike296
May 10th, 2017, 05:06 PM
How?

I really think you guys underestimate the talent of the guys you still have, you guys really should do well this year. Unless you guys suffer a monumental collapse, you should be in the title race come Playoff time

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I really think you guys underestimate the talent of the guys you still have, you guys really should do well this year. Unless you guys suffer a monumental collapse, you should be in the title race come Playoff time
I'll keep this in mind while we spend the regular season leading the division in penalties again.

youcanbankit
May 10th, 2017, 05:20 PM

Right on Cue....The hottest place for football in america.

ElCid
May 10th, 2017, 08:43 PM

1. James Madison
2. NDSU
3. EWU
4. Jville State
5. Youngstown State
6. Richmond
7. South Dakota State
8. Villanova
9. Chattanooga
10. Central Arkansas
11. Wofford
12.Citadel
13. Western Illinois
14.Sam Houston State
15. North Dakota
16. Samford
17. UNH
18.Charleston Southern
19. Cal Poly SLO
20. Illinois State
21. Albany
22. South Dakota
23.Montana
24.Lehigh
25.Northern Iowa

I would be happy if we remain that high. We lost some talent to graduation and some early departures (grads, AAs, not staying for their 5th year). Remains to be seen if folks step up. Chatty with a new coach, and some lost talent might be a bit too high as well. But it is a crap shoot at this point.

Mike296
May 10th, 2017, 08:46 PM
I would be happy if we remain that high. We lost some talent to graduation and some early departures (grads, AAs, not staying for their 5th year). Remains to be seen if folks step up. Chatty with a new coach, and some lost talent might be a bit too high as well. But it is a crap shoot at this point.

You guys and Chatty were hard to place, but I'm giving both of you the benefit of the doubt at least right now. Once the season actually starts we'll see if I called you both in the right spots.

mtjack
May 10th, 2017, 11:08 PM
What has northern Arizona done to be above UNH Wofford and UNI?

NAU has a good quarterback (Cookus) and a good receiver (Butler). The norm seems to be that they will beat a team or two they shouldn't and lose to two or three teams they shouldn't. Lumberjacks will start the season with high expectations but will finish 6-5 again and make more of my hair fall out.

......but they'll beat the Griz.

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2017, 11:37 PM
NAU has a good quarterback (Cookus) and a good receiver (Butler). The norm seems to be that they will beat a team or two they shouldn't and lose to two or three teams they shouldn't. Lumberjacks will start the season with high expectations but will finish 6-5 again and make more of my hair fall out.

That require Case to remain healthy. Kid has/had potential to be All-American but that injury was not pretty.

Gangtackle11
May 11th, 2017, 05:52 AM
I'm not sure if my Villanova Wildcats are a top 10 FCS team yet. New old coach (assistant for 30 years under Talley) should keep things going. We lose CAA defensive player of the year & 2nd round NFL pick in DE Tanoh Kpassagnon along with 2 other NFL camp attendees at LB/OT.

That said Nova returns 16 starters from 9-4 team that stood toe to toe with SDSU on a chilly day in Brookings. Team showed the country they were a top 10 team.

The schedule has road games against strong 2016 teams with Lehigh, Temple, Albany & JMU. Home schedule has Richmond & Maine coming to the Main Line with winning 2016 seasons. Need to be at least 3-3 in these games.

Throw in Lafayette, Elon, & the Dirty Birds of Delaware at home along with Towson & Rhody away. (Nova must win these 5 games).

I guess if they go 4-2 instead of 3-3 vs. top teams there is a good chance at 9-2 season & top 10 ranking.

I have my concerns about this Villanova team. I don't trust the offense and the defense will certainly take a step back from their #1 FCS ranking last season.

I hope I'm wrong & they play to the expectations that several of you have placed them in top 10.

clenz
May 11th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Why aren't people listening to me about UNI?

I'm not sure they'd finish top half of the OVC, Big South, SLC, MEAC, PL, etc...

jmufan999
May 11th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I went to the game in Frisco wanting to to root for you (that whole prefer to get beat by the eventual champion thing)

your memory is fading.

I am looking forward to going to this game. A lot less stressful when you have no rooting interest.

BisonTru
May 11th, 2017, 07:03 PM

I'm not sure they'd finish top half of the OVC, Big South, SLC, MEAC, PL, etc...

We are listening. We all hope you are right and you guys suck. :D

Schism55
May 11th, 2017, 07:40 PM

Has the coaching mess been remedied in Cedar Falls?

GodHelpTheBears
May 11th, 2017, 07:42 PM

They'll still beat MSU by at least 30 points.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 11th, 2017, 07:59 PM

I don't share your view. Sammy State will be out with something to prove in the late August heat and humidity. Richmond will be very fortunate to win that game.

The Spiders start @Sammy State and @Colgate. Id be satisfied with a split.

youcanbankit
May 12th, 2017, 10:48 AM

I like the lumberjacks this year. There is some energy around that program the next two years. Sometimes the players perform in spite of average coaching. This could be the year for them to at least get to 8 - 9 wins.

citdog
May 12th, 2017, 12:31 PM
I like the lumberjacks this year. There is some energy around that program the next two years. Sometimes the players perform in spite of average coaching. This could be the year for them to at least get to 8 - 9 wins.

You really don't know much do you? Jerome Souers is a GREAT coach.

youcanbankit
May 12th, 2017, 12:36 PM
You really don't know much do you? Jerome Souers is a GREAT coach.

ha! Not quiet. Maybe he would work at the citadel....replace your boy brent after this year.

citdog
May 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM
ha! Not quiet. Maybe he would work at the citadel....replace your boy brent after this year.

Bad coaches win the Big Sky Coach of the year and are Robinson award finalists.

Sounds legit

youcanbankit
May 12th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Bad coaches win the Big Sky Coach of the year and are Robinson award finalists.

Sounds legit

He is a good guy, but has a little over 50% win percentage. He had a good year in 2003 if i remember correctly. UNA however, is a growing university and on the move. I look for them to make a move over the next 10 years.

KPSUL
May 13th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Chattown? Is that you?

No way is this Chattown. The grammar and vocabulary indicates at least a 6th grade education.

During the summer, the heat index is higher in Richmond during the afternoon than it is in Texas during the evening. I believe that is 32Counter's point.

TribeNomad1
May 13th, 2017, 11:36 AM
No way is this Chattown. The grammar and vocabulary indicates at least a 6th grade education.

During the summer, the heat index is higher in Richmond during the afternoon than it is in Texas during the evening. I believe that is 32Counter's point.

I have been in a lot of hot (and humid) places. Richmond (like Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC) is located away from the ocean breezes, and in the late afternoon and evening (and too often at 10 and 11pm) has lofty heat indexes. I moved to Virginia in the summer after spending my first twelve years in California. I wanted to die that first summer, and decades later still do not like May through October.

mtjack
May 13th, 2017, 11:39 AM
He is a good guy, but has a little over 50% win percentage. He had a good year in 2003 if i remember correctly. UNA however, is a growing university and on the move. I look for them to make a move over the next 10 years.

University of Northern Alabama?

NAU has been competitive recently but have a hard time getting over the hump by winning late season games when it matters against upper tier Big Sky competition. It just seems they run out of steam the last month.

By "making a move" do you mean up to FBS or competing in the FCS playoffs consistently?

FBS...I don't see it happening. Mostly due to lackadaisical fan support and the fact that the state of Arizona continues to cut education funds like its going out of style.

Competing at the FCS level....possible.

youcanbankit
May 13th, 2017, 02:33 PM
University of Northern Alabama?

NAU has been competitive recently but have a hard time getting over the hump by winning late season games when it matters against upper tier Big Sky competition. It just seems they run out of steam the last month.

By "making a move" do you mean up to FBS or competing in the FCS playoffs consistently?

FBS...I don't see it happening. Mostly due to lackadaisical fan support and the fact that the state of Arizona continues to cut education funds like its going out of style.

Competing at the FCS level....possible.

All previous UNA comments were concerning the University of Northern Arizona.

32counter
May 13th, 2017, 03:12 PM

Thank you for offering your testimony of support.I didn't want to get into an argument with someone with a SHSU degree.I would have had to revert back to my 4th grade English class for the lowering of the bar on both syntax and never using either prepositional or gerund phases or in most cases,a complete sentence of cogent thought containing a subject,verb and object.

citdog
May 13th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Thank you for offering your testimony of support.I didn't want to get into an argument with someone with a SHSU degree.I would have had to revert back to my 4th grade English class for the lowering of the bar on both syntax and never using either prepositional or gerund phases or in most cases,a complete sentence of cogent thought containing a subject,verb and object.

Well you seem to have no understanding of where to place spaces in your run on sentence so perhaps your **** stinks just as bad...

32counter
May 13th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I have been in a lot of hot (and humid) places. Richmond (like Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC) is located away from the ocean breezes, and in the late afternoon and evening (and too often at 10 and 11pm) has lofty heat indexes. I moved to Virginia in the summer after spending my first twelve years in California. I wanted to die that first summer, and decades later still do not like May through October.

Thank you for offering your testimony of support,Tribe brethren .I didn't want to get into an argument with someone with a SHSU degree.I would have had to revert back to my 4th grade English class for the lowering of the bar on both syntax and never using either prepositional or gerund phases or in most cases,a complete sentence of cogent thought containing a subject,verb and object.

Sitting Bull
May 13th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Actually, I think DC, Baltimore and St. Louis are the worst, in my experience - in that order. Richmond can be oppressive but you don't have the dirt and smog that makes it so much worse in DC and Baltimore. Just awful.

cx500d
May 13th, 2017, 05:57 PM
I'm going to raise the bull**** flag on this. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin are all higher on the heat index list than Richmond or DC. It doesn't cool off at night in many places in TX at night.

TribeNomad1
May 13th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I'm going to raise the bull**** flag on this. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin are all higher on the heat index list than Richmond or DC. It doesn't cool off at night in many places in TX at night.

Doesn't here either.....

cx500d
May 13th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I'm in DC/DC area +/- 60 miles, all the time for business...I prefer DC to Dallas in the summer any day.

Doesn't here either.....

KPSUL
May 14th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I'm in DC/DC area +/- 60 miles, all the time for business...I prefer DC to Dallas in the summer any day.

So do I. But the fact remains that the heat and humidity in Richmond at 1:00 pm is more oppressive than anywhere in Texas at 7:00 pm. Put down your B.S. flag and look it up.

cx500d
May 14th, 2017, 08:46 AM
What does comparing Richmond at high noon have to do with Texas at twilight. Compare them at the same time? Of course its going to feel hotter at 1pm, the sun is directly overhead vice low on the horizon.

So do I. But the fact remains that the heat and humidity in Richmond at 1:00 pm is more oppressive than anywhere in Texas at 7:00 pm. Put down your B.S. flag and look it up.

JSUSoutherner
May 14th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Well damn. By that logic, Fargo hotter than Richmond because it's hotter at 2PM in Fargo than Richmond at 4AM.

I invite you down to Atlanta for a summer. You can come spend a week or two working with me. Then you'll officially be informed on what hot is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Lost HC and OC.
Big Sky just that weak?

They are too high IMO.

It's going to be fun watching the Bison pound them on their crappy red turf in person.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2017, 09:12 AM
They are too high IMO.

It's going to be fun watching the Bison pound them on their crappy red turf in person.Hey, are you going, see you down there. The better half and I are taking the long way out to Cheney that week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Hey, are you going, see you down there. The better half and I are taking the long way out to Cheney that week.

My plan is to go right now. Busy time of year for me but plan on going.

DirtyDukes
May 17th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Guys. Are you stupid? He's saying that the Spatters practice during times where it's just as hot as Texas will be when they are there, if not hotter. Jesus...

Catatonic
May 17th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Ok. I looked it up. Everything is bigger, badder and hotter in Texas. So say the facts.

http://www.bertsperling.com/2013/07/02/sizzling-cities-ranked-our-new-heat-index/

clenz
May 17th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Has the coaching mess been remedied in Cedar Falls?
We have coaches, if that's what you're asking.

I've heard some hot rummers I'd rather not get into right now that impact the program after 2017....

TheKingpin28
May 17th, 2017, 10:57 AM
We have coaches, if that's what you're asking.

I've heard some hot rummers I'd rather not get into right now that impact the program after 2017....

Please keep Farley. It helps NDSU and other programs out greatly.

clenz
May 17th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Please keep Farley. It helps NDSU and other programs out greatly.

http://i.imgur.com/U0F0vK4.jpg

NorthChuckSouth
May 17th, 2017, 07:15 PM
LOL listen buddy I'm not sure where you got your info but as someone who lives in Richmond we have a lot more than "some" days that get to 90+ and more than a few over 100+. Regardless, 95 with 100% humidity feels like 120

Haha get out of here with that bad humidity talk

cx500d
May 17th, 2017, 09:26 PM
And the price of Old Milwaukee at 1pm in Richmond is the same price as Old Milwaukee at sunset in Houston....

Guys. Are you stupid? He's saying that the Spatters practice during times where it's just as hot as Texas will be when they are there, if not hotter. Jesus...

May 17th, 2017, 09:50 PM
He is correct about one thing for sure..... it is way to early for this.

DirtyDukes
May 18th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Haha get out of here with that bad humidity talk

Brother, I grew up in Savannah. Richmond's humidity is equally as bad.

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 08:24 AM
And the price of Old Milwaukee at 1pm in Richmond is the same price as Old Milwaukee at sunset in Houston....
This is all that really matters let's be honest

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM
This is all that really matters let's be honest

But it is Old Milwaukee...

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM
You mean the gold standard of the low rung beers like Keystone and Busch

Daytripper
May 18th, 2017, 10:50 AM

Lone Star Beer.

https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1138143/size/tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

clenz
May 18th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Tailgating requires 3 beverages.

1. Jager
2. Dr. Mcgillicuddy's menthol
3. Keystone Light

Replace all of that with Apple Pie come late October.

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Lone Star Beer.

https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1138143/size/tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg
Sorry, no. Wisconsin beer>Texas beer, any day of the week.

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 10:57 AM

I'd rather drink Hamm's or Coors Light for low run beers, before I drank Old Milwaukee. It makes Natty Ice/Light tolerable. You 'Sconies and your "beer"

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 10:58 AM

inb4shinerbock

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I'd rather drink Hamm's or Coors Light for low run beers, before I drank Old Milwaukee. It makes Natty Ice/Light tolerable. You 'Sconies and your "beer"
A) Coors Light is in the second lowest class that includes Miller Lite and Bud Light.
B) You're entitled to your opinion with the Hamm's, even though it's wrong. xthumbsx
C) Shiner is good, but there are a bunch of better WI beers. It's science. FFS our MLB team is named the Brewers, what state do you think is more serious about their beer?

Catatonic
May 18th, 2017, 11:21 AM
inb4shinerbock

this

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 11:41 AM
A) Coors Light is in the second lowest class that includes Miller Lite and Bud Light.
B) You're entitled to your opinion with the Hamm's, even though it's wrong. xthumbsx
C) Shiner is good, but there are a bunch of better WI beers. It's science. FFS our MLB team is named the Brewers, what state do you think is more serious about their beer?

A) Coors is nasty but that is why I included it with the Keystone and Busch. Hell, even Red Dawg is better, and that is saying a alot.
B) If they did not include the bottom 1/3 of the can, it would be a decent beer.
C) North Dakota, see the first Frisco championship game for proof or how NDSU tailgates. xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 01:24 PM
C) North Dakota, see the first Frisco championship game for proof or how NDSU tailgates. xdrunkyx
Ever been to a Packers game at Lambeau? Ever drank in Madison for a Badgers fb game? Remember I've been out and about in Fargo to drink. Tailgating is great and fun as hell, overall alcohol consumption isn't earth shattering though. Hell downtown Brookings is as busy day to day as downtown Fargo, just saying :D

mango433
May 18th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Ever been to a Packers game at Lambeau? Ever drank in Madison for a Badgers fb game? Remember I've been out and about in Fargo to drink. Tailgating is great and fun as hell, overall alcohol consumption isn't earth shattering though. Hell downtown Brookings is as busy day to day as downtown Fargo, just saying :D

How dare you compare Brookings to Fargo!

Nickels
May 18th, 2017, 01:29 PM
xlolx No sir. One city in The Greatest State has Wisconsin beat.
http://karbachbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Mainstays.jpg
http://images1.houstonpress.com/imager/u/original/6438805/starnoldpubcrawl.jpg
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/20/30/46/4295041/9/1024x1024.jpg

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM

We have discussed this more than once. I have been to Madison for drinking during a home game. Never compare the dump known as Brookings to Fargo. Although you do have the Pheasant Restaurant & Lounge which I will admit is damn good.

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2017, 01:32 PM
How dare you compare Brookings to Fargo!
I'm trying to play nice, my apologies xlolx

Daytripper
May 18th, 2017, 02:03 PM
xlolx No sir. One city in The Greatest State has Wisconsin beat.
http://karbachbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Mainstays.jpg
http://images1.houstonpress.com/imager/u/original/6438805/starnoldpubcrawl.jpg
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/20/30/46/4295041/9/1024x1024.jpg

I kinda like this one:

http://www.ziegenbock.com/images/btw/btwintro-mobile.png

BEAR
May 18th, 2017, 02:27 PM
If you ever get to North Little Rock, visit Diamond Bear Brewery..

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/e4/ff/f0e4ff8d60f58f214cb5afe5c9202069.jpg

Tours

Diamond Bear offers public tours of the brewery every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During the tour we offer samples of our award winning beers to visitors over the age of 21 (and have root beer for those under 21).

Current Free Tour Times:
Friday: 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4 pm

Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts. Tour includes history, samples and a walk through of the facility.
Private groups can be scheduled by calling the brewery at (501)708-2739.

Not a bad little place for a lunch either.

http://diamondbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Party-Room-Choices-2017-1-773x1000.png

centennial
May 18th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I am not positive about this. Biggest gap is the new unproven OC. He hasn't seen real success for years. Plus, I have lost faith in Stick. Not sure if it was really this mysterious back injury or he is has just regressed. NDSU needs a good QB. Also JMU exposed NDSU with press coverage, look for every team to try to do that to us. Press coverage + stack the box is the formula to beat NDSU. Please let the OC be more consistent vs coach P.

cx500d
May 18th, 2017, 04:22 PM
God's Nectar....

cx500d
May 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25053&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25051&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25052&stc=1

I kinda like this one:

http://www.ziegenbock.com/images/btw/btwintro-mobile.png

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 05:21 PM
God's Nectar....

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/018/489/nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

ST_Lawson
May 18th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I'm not a big beer guy, but I really enjoyed this last time I was up in Wisconsin:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/d004d800519bf6d04a4de12a819fde1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
May 18th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Spotted Cow is a thing of legends around eastern Iowa. I've never tried it, but I've yet to come across someone that didn't like it.

Then again 98% of Iowan's drink exclusively Busch Light..so...

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Spotted Cow is a thing of legends around eastern Iowa. I've never tried it, but I've yet to come across someone that didn't like it.

Then again 98% of Iowan's drink exclusively Busch Light..so...

and the other 2% would be?

Please, do tell!

clenz
May 18th, 2017, 07:14 PM
and the other 2% would be?

Please, do tell!
I always assume a +/- 2% MOE.

Those that aren't Busch Light drinkers are like me who mostly drink non-beer alcohol or are in the growing micro-brew scene.

Realistically 99.8% of Iowa's beer drinking population drink Busch Light. Go into any store that sells beer in Iowa and Busch/Busch Light take up half of the displays on their own

citdog
May 18th, 2017, 07:18 PM
http://bigskybrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IPA_BOX14.png

JSUSoutherner
May 18th, 2017, 07:23 PM
My favorite beers are Rum, Vodka, and Fireball.

citdog
May 18th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Fireball.

Just a ruination of Bourbon

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2017, 08:28 PM
I always assume a +/- 2% MOE.

Those that aren't Busch Light drinkers are like me who mostly drink non-beer alcohol or are in the growing micro-brew scene.

Realistically 99.8% of Iowa's beer drinking population drink Busch Light. Go into any store that sells beer in Iowa and Busch/Busch Light take up half of the displays on their own

Give me whiskey, bourbon, or scotch and I will be one happy camper. Busch light is awful. My bottom of the barrel is Michgolden Light and that is some solid domestic swill.