PDA

View Full Version : GSU's 2007 schedule

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Sept. 1 .... OPEN
Sept. 8 .... WEST GEORGIA ......... PAULSON STADIUM
Sept. 15 .... at Coastal Carolina ......... Conway, S.C.
Sept. 22.... * CHATTANOOGA ......... PAULSON STADIUM
Sept. 29.... * WESTERN CAROLINA ......... PAULSON STADIUM
Oct. 6 .... SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (FW) .......... PAULSON STADIUM
Oct. 13 .... * at Elon ......................... Elon, N.C.
Oct. 20 .... * at Appalachian State ........ Boone, N.C.
Oct. 27 .... * THE CITADEL (HC) .......... . PAULSON STADIUM
Nov. 3 .... * at Wofford ............... Spartanburg, S.C.
Nov. 10 .... * FURMAN ............ PAULSON STADIUM
Nov. 17 .... at Colorado State ............ Ft. Collins, CO
Nov. 24 ..... NCAA FCS Playoffs First Round ......... TBA
Dec. 1 ..... NCAA FCS Playoffs Second Round ......... TBA
Dec. 7/8.... NCAA FCS Playoffs Semifinals ........... TBA
Dec. 14 ..... NCAA FCS Championship Game ......... Chattanooga, TN

appfan2008
January 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
wow! already planning on 4 playoff games...
4 out of first five at home should be nice for ya though a tough end of season stretch there

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Sept. 8 .... WEST GEORGIA
Who are they? What D?

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Who are they? What D?

Div 2, part of the Gulf South Conference I believe. Same as Hatchers old school, VSU.

BigApp
January 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
if you guys don't start the season at least 5-1, it'll be another looooong season.

ChickenMan
January 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
if you guys don't start the season at least 5-1, it'll be another looooong season.

well they have UTC, WCU and Elon in the first six... so they are already more than halfway to those five wins... :p

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I think we'll win 6 or 7 games this season, maybe more. We lost 6 games last season by a total of 21 points and we aren't losing that many players. The GSU faithful have really taken to Coach Hatcher though so I feel he'll have some room to work with in 2007.

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
The Citadel for Homecoming again? I thought ya'll learned your lesson about that!

JDC325
January 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
The Citadel for Homecoming again? I thought ya'll learned your lesson about that!

Why what was the score last time you were our homecoming opponent?

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I don't recall, buy I do recall the score the LAST time we played!:nod:

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM

You won by three, man yall must be simply AMAZING to beat a 3-8 team by three whole points! You hear that SoCon members? Cancel your season because the Citadel has it in the bag!

Please take your BS smack somewhere else...

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
A W is a W is a W. It was pretty sweet to beat you in b-ball too. I guess you can say that our Athletic Dept has passed yours.

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 02:39 PM
A W is a W is a W. It was pretty sweet to beat you in b-ball too. I guess you can say that our Athletic Dept has passed yours.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Freshen my memory, when was the last championship you won? Better yet, when was the last time you even won the conference? Yep I thought so...

JDC325
January 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Yeah, last year was really the same GSU that demolished you the year before. I hope I GSU does not fall low enough where beating any team in the FCS ONE time is a big deal. I guess get in while you can. :bang:

God knows most teams like the like yours where even winning the SoCon is not realistic have to find a silver lining when it can.

Good luck next year. We are still limping I suggest taking full advantage while you can just dont expect a long term trend to emerge in your lifetime.

RabidRabbit
January 25th, 2007, 02:47 PM
What does the FW next to SDSU stand for? :confused:

blueballs
January 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Family Weekend... should make for a good crowd and the weather (knock on wood) is usually really nice in South GA that time of year.

JDC325
January 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Free Whiskey.:thumbsup: Oh that is every game...nevermind.

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah, last year was really the same GSU that demolished you the year before. I hope I GSU does not fall low enough where beating any team in the FCS ONE time is a big deal. I guess get in while you can. :bang:

In the last 4 meetings with the Eagles we have SPLIT with you. Even with GSU math you should know that means we beat you TWICE.

th0m
January 25th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Colorado State's a nice winnable FBS team to play. Just don't know about that late in the season! Good luck to the Eagles.

bobbythekidd
January 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
citdog turned his smack talker up to 11.

BigApp
January 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I predict this one'll end up on the Smack forum.

bobbythekidd
January 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I predict this one'll end up on the Smack forum.
They always do.: smh :

BEAR
January 25th, 2007, 03:51 PM
GSU picked up Hatch!! Wow! :hurray: He thoroughly dominated D2. Heck, UCA could barely get a win in against VSU with him at the helm. We had VSU down at halftime 35 to 0 and he brought them back to win 42 to 35 I believe..he's a phenomenal coach! He doesn't win games by large margins, but somehow he pulls them out. You guys have a great coach in Hatch. You will see soon enough. Still got to wonder why VSU isn't FCS yet though..:eyebrow:

BigApp
January 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
They always do.: smh :

eh, it might not be such a bad thing. After all, it is kinda slow in there. :( :( :(

bobbythekidd
January 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM
eh, it might not be such a bad thing. After all, it is kinda slow in there. :( :( :(
It's slow all over with this being the offseason. The only new thing to say is smack.:rolleyes:

JDC325
January 25th, 2007, 05:07 PM
In the last 4 meetings with the Eagles we have SPLIT with you. Even with GSU math you should know that means we beat you TWICE.

Wow last four care to go back any further? How many playoff appearances did that work out to be for you? Oh yeah you dont know what those are. You seem to be in rare form today CitDog, did somebody piss in your puppy chow? GSU leaves a huge vacuum in the big three for one of the sisters of the poor of the SoCon to fill this year and nobody stepped up to take it. You had your chance and blew it, that window is going to be closed very soon better step up next year because it will probably be the last time for a long time before that window opens up again.

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Wow last four care to go back any further? How many playoff appearances did that work out to be for you? Oh yeah you dont know what those are. You seem to be in rare form today CitDog, did somebody piss in your puppy chow?

That's the first and last time you'll ever see playoffs and Citadel in the same sentence. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM
As much as I LOVE defending the past, I am looking toward the future and we are on the upswing while GSU is headed in the opposite direction. I know what a playoff apperance is like, I have been to the playoffs it has been a while, but we have been there.

JDC325
January 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
As much as I LOVE defending the past, I am looking toward the future and we are on the upswing while GSU is headed in the opposite direction. I know what a playoff apperance is like, I have been to the playoffs it has been a while, but we have been there.

Uh do you really think past MAYBE next year GSU is going to continue this downward spiral? The window is open but dont count on it staying open long. Upswing for the Citadel? What do you exactly consider and upswing missing the playoffs by only three games instead of four, five or six?xlolx

citdog
January 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I call it finishing ahead of a bunch of non-qualifiers and BCS mercs!

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
The best part: Colorado State at the end of the season. Our second IA team we have played other than Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Florida State.

I really think this can be an 8-3 season, I mean, Paul Johnson took the 4-7 '96 GSU team and took them to the quarterfinals in '97. BVG is in many ways comparable to that interim coach. Hatcher may not be a Paul Johnson, but I think you will see a big turnaround...7 wins at least this year.

Baldy
January 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I call it finishing ahead of a bunch of non-qualifiers and BCS mercs!
Your nut-huggin' is rather disturbing, but something I'm sure you learned at the Chitadel. BTW, since you think you know so much...do me a favor and name one non-qualifier on our roster.

ButlerGSU
January 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I know what a playoff apperance is like, I have been to the playoffs it has been a while, but we have been there.

You sure have!

November 26, 1988 - 1st Round
Georgia Southern University: 38
Citadel: 20

November 24, 1990 - 1st Round
Georgia Southern University: 31
Citadel: 0

Only two SoCon championships in Citadel history, the last being waaay back in 1992. If that ain't a program on the rise I don't know what is xlolx

bobbythekidd
January 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Sept. 1 .... OPEN
Anyone know the game times?

appfan2008
January 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
i see 7 or 8 wins and i wouldnt be surprised if you made the playoffs

Seven Would Be Nice
January 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM
i see 7 or 8 wins and i wouldnt be surprised if you made the playoffs

So one of those wins is over app right??:smiley_wi

AZGrizFan
January 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Sept. 1 .... OPEN

The dumbing down of GSU continues.... :eyebrow: :p

Bison_Kent
January 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Nothern Colorado hosts Portland State on the same day. Since Fort Collins is just 32 miles from Greeley, I might have to do a two game--one day event to end the regular season. Now, hopefully the start times are at least four hours apart.

CCUBeachChicken
January 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Care to explain why Coastal is in bold?

AZGrizFan
January 25th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Care to explain why Coastal is in bold?

.........because......I felt like it? :eyebrow: :p

Blueandwhitefightfight
January 26th, 2007, 01:14 AM

If you'd like to compare the rate of increase of SAT scores for GSU and your school over the past 5 years, I have my stats right here. I'll tell you right now that your school hasn't improved over 100 points in 5 years.

So if you think we are dumbing down, you obviously were not taught how to do your homework well at App. St. or wherever you attended college.

Bobcat in NC
January 26th, 2007, 06:04 AM
If you'd like to compare the rate of increase of SAT scores for GSU and your school over the past 5 years, I have my stats right here. I'll tell you right now that your school hasn't improved over 100 points in 5 years.

So if you think we are dumbing down, you obviously were not taught how to do your homework well at App. St. or wherever you attended college.

Ummmmmm, I may be wrong, but I don't think a helluva lot of Griz fans in Arizona attended App...

:eyebrow:

Baldy
January 26th, 2007, 06:50 AM

I believe someone kinda missed the sarcasm. :o

JDC325
January 26th, 2007, 01:36 PM

xidiotx

All but two you highlighted are conference games and one of the other ones is against a team that made the playoffs last year.

xidiotx