PDA

View Full Version : 11 Alcorn State players arrested after a brawl goes viral

ASU33
April 20th, 2017, 01:36 PM
This is definitely not a good look for Coach McNair and Alcorn State.xsmhx

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/4/20/15374144/alcorn-state-brawl-players-arrested

Daytripper
April 20th, 2017, 03:52 PM
They might lose their entire defense over this.

gumby013
April 20th, 2017, 06:07 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/football/2017/04/20/seven-more-alcorn-players-arrested-bringing-total-18/100712424/

Now up to 18 total players.

POD Knows
April 20th, 2017, 06:34 PM
****, it looks just like that video I saw on MSNBC about Corcoran prison the other night. Sorry, it was just too easy.

God, I am going to hell for this post. :(

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2017, 06:44 PM
WORLD STAR!!!!!

catamount man
April 20th, 2017, 07:37 PM
You're shocked?xcoffeex

ASU33
April 20th, 2017, 08:21 PM
You're shocked?xcoffeex

Why wouldn't anyone be? It's not exactly everyday that a third of a football team is involved in something like this.

bonarae
April 20th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Ugh.... another HBCU suspends a mass of its players after a brawl goes viral (remember the D2 brawl but in MBB I posted earlier this season, it also involved 2 HBCUs.) Something has to stop! xsmhx

POD Knows
April 20th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Ugh.... another HBCU suspends a mass of its players after a brawl goes viral (remember the D2 brawl but in MBB I posted earlier this season, it also involved 2 HBCUs.) Something has to stop! xsmhx

Well, when you get it figured out, let the world know, a Nobel Prize could be in the offing.

Nickels
April 20th, 2017, 08:41 PM
They cant even fight fair. Jumping and cheap shots galore. Nothing but a bunch of damn animals. Even sounds like they're in zoo ffs.

cx500d
April 20th, 2017, 08:46 PM
I thought it looked more similar to a Berkeley protest against a conservative speaker.

Or a standard day for a kid in a Dallas Middle School

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-middle-school-facebook-fight-video-9390703

****, it looks just like that video I saw on MSNBC about Corcoran prison the other night. Sorry, it was just too easy.

ASU33
April 20th, 2017, 10:16 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the spring game goes this weekend on The Reservation with at least 18 players missing.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2017, 12:42 AM
How exactly did Alcorn win the SWAC East title with a 5-6 record?

slostang
April 21st, 2017, 12:54 AM
Unless I am mistaken this fight was not only football players, but only football players were arrested. All involved should be charged.

JayJ79
April 21st, 2017, 01:00 AM
Unless I am mistaken this fight was not only football players, but only football players were arrested. All involved should be charged.

do you have information other than what was stated in the article? The arrest of football players may have been the only ones mentioned, but that doesn't mean there weren't other arrests.

BEAR
April 21st, 2017, 08:27 AM

But the band sounded pretty good....xwhistlex

ASU33
April 21st, 2017, 08:33 AM
do you have information other than what was stated in the article? The arrest of football players may have been the only ones mentioned, but that doesn't mean there weren't other arrests.

Word on the street is that this fight was between the players and a group of guys who are suspected to have robbed a few players during Spring Break. The group also kicked in the dorm room door of two of the players and stole their stuff. Apparently this has been brewing for weeks especially since the group suspected in the robbery and theft have yet face any charges or punishment by the school or local law enforcement.

ASU33
April 21st, 2017, 08:38 AM
How exactly did Alcorn win the SWAC East title with a 5-6 record?

Because the East was just that bad. Nobody in the East won over 4 games and the East only had 2 wins vs the west and both wins came over Arkansas Pine-Bluff who was the worst team in the league.

Anthony215
April 21st, 2017, 10:04 AM
What a complete embarrassment to the university and the football team as well. 18 players possibly suspended for opening week against a D2 opponent has the smell of an upset brewing unless they make some type of agreement to suspend half of the guys for the Miles game on 9/2, and the other half serve their suspension the following week against FBS Florida Atlantic on 9/9....

Milktruck74
April 23rd, 2017, 08:57 PM
The reaction of theAthletic department will tell us all we need to know. They have an opportunity to make a statement, and they will....the question is how will they handle it? I'll wait to pass judgement until I see.

Hambone
April 23rd, 2017, 09:53 PM

Unless I'm missing something the article (from the Clarion paper) states that no other students have been arrested. Additionally, in the video it says that all people charged in the incident are football players.