Oct. 6 at The Citadel
Oct. 13 Gardner-Webb
Oct. 20 Elon
Oct. 27 at Western Carolina
Nov. 3 Georgia Southern
Nov. 10 at Chattanooga

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Nice. All games within driving distance.

AppGuy04
January 25th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I'll be at the Wolfpack game

OL FU
January 25th, 2007, 07:58 AM
2007 WOFFORD FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sept. 1 Georgetown (Ky.) College
Sept. 9 Charleston Southern
Sept. 15 at North Carolina State
Sept. 22 Appalachian State
Sept. 29 at Furman
Oct. 6 at The Citadel
Oct. 13 Gardner-Webb
Oct. 20 Elon
Oct. 27 at Western Carolina
Nov. 3 Georgia Southern
Nov. 10 at Chattanooga

Looks like the schedule is set up as good as possible when consider homes and aways with the exception of going to Charleston (nice town, hate to play there). Of Course, doesn't matter where you play Furman:smiley_wi

Joking aside, the strength or weakness could be that the first two SoCon games are against the teams that you will be competing with for the championship. Win one or two of those and Wofford is in good shape in the conference.

dungeonjoe
January 25th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Looks like the schedule is set up as good as possible when consider homes and aways with the exception of going to Charleston (nice town, hate to play there). Of Course, doesn't matter where you play Furman:smiley_wi

Joking aside, the strength or weakness could be that the first two SoCon games are against the teams that you will be competing with for the championship. Win one or two of those and Wofford is in good shape in the conference.
three of our toughest games are in a row and very early in the season; those will either be a building block or a stumbling stone. If we can win two of three (heck, I'd take one of three:) ) we will be in great shape.

The only time we have beat Furman in the past 8 years was in 2003 ; it is time to reverse that trend!

OL FU
January 25th, 2007, 08:29 AM
three of our toughest games are in a row and very early in the season; those will either be a building block or a stumbling stone. If we can win two of three (heck, I'd take one of three:) ) we will be in great shape.

The only time we have beat Furman in the past 8 years was in 2003 ; it is time to reverse that trend!

Gotta happen sometime but let's wait a few more years

It looks like the SoCon has flipped things around again. I wil curious to see how our schedule fills out. Most people thought that Clemson would be first. But they now have us on 9/15. PC maybe first.

GoldandBlack
January 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I'll be happy if we can get through this tough early stretch of the season without serious injuries.

This past year seemed to add another injured defensive player every week.

ncguitarplyr
January 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
im gonna say they go 8-3 with losses at ncstate, appstate, and just figuring they blow one of the other games that they should be favorites in

MarkCCU
January 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
i'll be at the Citadel game. Nice schedule, I see no CCU this year, but you get to whoop up on CSU. Y'all aren't going to try and beat USC again this year? That's a shame,y'all almost had them...

Death Dealer
January 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Nice sched....you guys can beat State, tough true, but you have a chance...boy that would be sweet. We get a shot at Clemson this year. And then two weeks to get ready for you guys to cruise over to G'ville. It sucks to have to figure out your schools schedule by piecing together your opponents schedules! Come on FU, lets see a sched already!

youwouldno
January 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Wofford won't be a favorite at Furman. The Paladins ended last season badly but remain very, very talented.

BigApp
January 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
2007 WOFFORD FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 22 Appalachian State

It'll be 600 degrees at this one.

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/thermometer_burst_lg_nwm.gif

Eyes of Old Main
January 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Joe forgot to mention that GSU is our homecoming date.

I don't care for having it that late in the season, and it will probably add some extra motivation for them (beyond the fact that we've won 4 of the last 5), but "Oh, how far the mighty have fallen".

Eyes of Old Main
January 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
It's not a bad schedule, but it's not set up well for an at-large bid argument if the chips fall that direction. Assuming a loss to NC State, I wouldn't see an 8-3 Wofford team getting in with that schedule, they'd have to go 9-2. Or, as would be my preference, win the SoCon and get the autobid and probably a seed.

The early stretch will be key. If Wofford can avoid injuries (like in 2003 and unlike 2005 and 2006) then I think they'll go 1-1 during the Appalachian/Furman stretch. Then, if they can win the rest that they should, they would finish 2nd, or more likely in a tie for 1st and be in good shape.

But, that takes into account a lot of vairables that are too soon to make a call on. We'll have to wait until the fall and see what happens.