9/22 vs. Lock Haven
9/29 vs. Missouri State
10/6 @ Southern Illinois
10/13 vs. Southern Utah
10/20 vs. Illinois State
10/27 @ Northern Iowa
11/3 @ Indiana State
11/10 vs. Western Illinois

Definately not as strong as 2006, but with that Gateway tilt, you will see the Penguins face 3-5 ranked teams this year, as well as a top 10 Ohio State in the BCS. YSU has won 13 of 14 at home, and this year they will have SEVEN home games!33 News in Youngstown is also reporting SDSU and NDSU will join the Gateway in 2008.... not official yet, but all that is left is a signature.

eagle1
January 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think that you were meaning to type South Dakota State and not San Diego Statexlolx . Big difference.

FlyYtown
January 24th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I think that you were meaning to type South Dakota State and not San Diego Statexlolx . Big difference.

I get them confused lol!
I WILL FIX.

BigApp
January 24th, 2007, 06:55 PM
wow, there's a lot of peaks and valleys in that schedule. competitive overall though

slostang
January 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Cal Poly beat San Diego State and lost to South Dakota State in 2006. South Dakota State is a hard nose type of team that Chuck Long wished he had.:thumbsup:

Mountain Panther
January 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Seven home games, including four in a row? Good year for folks who only go to home games.

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
9/1 @ Ohio State
9/8 vs. South Dakota State
9/15 vs. Stony Brook
9/22 vs. Lock Haven
Good slate. Interesting though that you work hardest to easiest in the OOC games. I know you can't set the date for OSU, but I'm sure your coaches wish those first four were in reverse order.

Go Bison
January 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
33 News in Youngstown is also reporting SDSU and NDSU will join the Gateway in 2008.... not official yet, but all that is left is a signature.

That is the kind of news that gets Bison and Jacks fans excited. :hurray:

Cap'n Cat
January 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Let's all get together on 10/27, Pen fans.

AppGuy04
January 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Good slate. Interesting though that you work hardest to easiest in the OOC games. I know you can't set the date for OSU, but I'm sure your coaches wish those first four were in reverse order.

Yeah, I can only imagine the whooping OSU is gonna want to put on them after the Florida game

NE MT GRIZZ
January 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM

Before the Montana/Iowa game, I heard some of the announcers say that history shows the FCS teams have a better shot at beating FBS teams if they play early in the year. I don't know if they had some stats or if they were just talking out their ass.

appfan2008
January 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
that schedule should get you all back to the playoffs

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Before the Montana/Iowa game, I heard some of the announcers say that history shows the FCS teams have a better shot at beating FBS teams if they play early in the year. I don't know if they had some stats or if they were just talking out their ass.
Based on your results I'd have to go with the latter. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist)

GoGuins
January 25th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Let's all get together on 10/27, Pen fans.

Will you be making the trip from Michigan Cat? BTW what part of Michigan will you be in?

Cap'n Cat
January 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Will you be making the trip from Michigan Cat? BTW what part of Michigan will you be in?

I'll be there. Seven is my lucky number. ;) ;)

Ann Arbor.

GoGuins
January 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I'll be there. Seven is my lucky number. ;) ;)

Ann Arbor.

Are you kidding?!! AA! That's my second home :D Man I envy you

You'll definitely have to join my bro and I at the UofM golf course for some tailgating for a game.

GoGuins
January 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/schedule2007.htm

UNHWildCats
January 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I dont get why a top tier FCS team would schedule a Div II school

JMU2K_DukeDawg
January 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
That schedule is not the one I would want. Nice to have 7 home games, but very little margin of error for making the playoffs.

Considering that you will lose to OSU and, of course, UNI xlolx , that would leave you with 9 games, of which one doesn't count (Div 2 Lock Haven). You somehow drop a couple in conference play and no doubt you will be on the outside looking in come Turkey Day. Drop just one and you're a bubble team. 7-3 just isn't as good as 8-3. JMU AD has finally figured this out. :rolleyes:

We had a similar schedule in '04, but we got lucky. A lot of close wins, like the last second pass at Maine and the home win against a Delaware team that put up like 500 yards on us, and we made the field with the historic road warriors of the FCS. But with a top 10 WVU and Lock Haven, there was very little margin of error.

Best of Luck! :thumbsup:

howvan
January 29th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I dont get why a top tier FCS team would schedule a Div II school
It has nothing to do w/ choice. Unlike the East Coast, there are very few FCS teams in our area that aren't already in our conference. Plus, there are only a handful (I think?) of FCS non-playoff teams in the Midwest, unlike on the East Coast, that would count towards playoff eligibility. Add to that we're YSU, and teams aren't exactly jumping to play us. Believe me, our AD has been trying for years. It's not as if we haven't tried to play MAC bottom feeders, b/c they won't play us either. And it's not b/c we're trying to buy home games; see next year's schedule where we play South Dakota State and Southern Utah at their places. Maybe we'll get to play more East Coast teams, who knows.

FlyYtown
January 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM
That schedule is not the one I would want. Nice to have 7 home games, but very little margin of error for making the playoffs.

Considering that you will lose to OSU and, of course, UNI xlolx , that would leave you with 9 games, of which one doesn't count (Div 2 Lock Haven). You somehow drop a couple in conference play and no doubt you will be on the outside looking in come Turkey Day. Drop just one and you're a bubble team. 7-3 just isn't as good as 8-3. JMU AD has finally figured this out. :rolleyes:

We had a similar schedule in '04, but we got lucky. A lot of close wins, like the last second pass at Maine and the home win against a Delaware team that put up like 500 yards on us, and we made the field with the historic road warriors of the FCS. But with a top 10 WVU and Lock Haven, there was very little margin of error.

Best of Luck! :thumbsup:
Looking at this schedule, I see us going 9-2... It will take a road upset for us to lose more than just OSU and UNI.. We are too tough to lose at home, so that is 7 wins, and if we beat INSU on the road that is 8 wins, SIU will be our toughest winnable road game..

igo4uni
January 29th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Considering that you will lose to OSU and, of course, UNI xlolx ,

Yup, we own YSU!! Home and away!! They come to the fabulous UNI-Dome next fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ysuindy
January 29th, 2007, 09:33 PM
This is a schedule that is likely going to take 9-2 for the playoffs unless SDSU or SUU have a really good year. Or we need a lot of teams to get to 4 losses.

howvan
February 1st, 2007, 11:44 AM
This is a schedule that is likely going to take 9-2 for the playoffs unless SDSU or SUU have a really good year. Or we need a lot of teams to get to 4 losses.
I generally agree. If 2007 is like 2006, i.e., # of playoff eligible teams, then 8-3 might be okay. It also depends on how well we play at OSU, albeit in the first game of the year.

youwouldno
February 1st, 2007, 11:56 AM
I generally agree. If 2007 is like 2006, i.e., # of playoff eligible teams, then 8-3 might be okay. It also depends on how well we play at OSU, albeit in the first game of the year.

Good point re: Ohio St. App St got credit in '05 for getting shutout by LSU, but slowing LSU down a little on offense.