PDA

View Full Version : Team Nickname Bracket Championship

ST_Lawson
March 29th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Feel free to move this to another area of the forum if it's not relevant enough, but I thought maybe it'd be ok because both teams are FCS schools and it's the offseason.

Fox Sports has been running a College Basketball Team Nickname bracket where fans vote on their favorite team nickname and well....I'm sure you know how a tournament bracket works. The entrants were all DI college basketball schools, some who play football at FBS, some at FCS, and some who don't at all, but there were quite a few nicknames we'd recognize from around these parts: Camels, Great Danes, Blue Hens, Salukis, Quakers, Paladins, Lumberjacks, Mocs, Seawolves, Hatters, Rattlers, Delta Devils, Thunderbirds, etc.

But they're now down to the championship game, and it's the Presbyterian College Blue Hose against the Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks.
If you want to have your voice heard, head over here and vote: http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/college-basketball-team-nickname-bracket-championship-voting-blue-hose-leathernecks-032917

And if you're just curious to see who was seeded where and everything, here's the whole bracket: http://b.fssta.com/uploads/2017/03/college-nickname-bracket-championship.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2017, 03:35 PM
All good here ST.

Thumper 76
March 29th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Congrats to WIU! Was surprised SDSU got knocked out early till I saw who we got knocked out by. Anteaters is a tough one especially followed by the camels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
March 29th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Yea, Presby must have some SERIOUS mobilization behind them getting out the vote. Small school, unique nickname but only worth a 5-seed according to the organizers.

I'd love to win it, but I think it's a cool way to bring some attention to some of the smaller schools or there. And really cool that the championship is between two FCS schools.

Thumper 76
March 29th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Yea, Presby must have some SERIOUS mobilization behind them getting out the vote. Small school, unique nickname but only worth a 5-seed according to the organizers.

I'd love to win it, but I think it's a cool way to bring some attention to some of the smaller schools or there. And really cool that the championship is between two FCS schools.

And the Summit League had two of the final four teams :D

ST_Lawson
March 29th, 2017, 08:12 PM
And the Summit League had two of the final four teams :D

Damn committee always pairing us up before the championship game 😉.

The road to the FCS championship goes through Fargo and the road to the NCAA Nickname Championship goes through Macomb.