PDA

View Full Version : 2017 LIVESTRONG (FPC) Challenge

Southern Bison
February 23rd, 2017, 01:35 PM
Since FPC is too busy on Facebook (and Tinder) asking for donations, I'm here to help out and issue a challenge to all AGS members. He rides in Charlotte for 24 hours with a smile but always seems to forget the bike seat...

I will send in $4 for every TD that my Bison scored during the 2016 season. Will you match my $4 per TD from your team? How about $1 or somewhere in between?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
February 23rd, 2017, 01:35 PM
Since FPC is too busy on Facebook (and Tinder) asking for donations, I'm here to help out and issue a challenge to all AGS members. He rides in Charlotte for 24 hours with a smile but always seems to forget the bike seat...

I will send in $4 for every TD that my Bison scored during the 2016 season. Will you match my $4 per TD from your team? How about $1 or somewhere in between?

I heard he also hit Grindr for donations too. Probably has something to do with not having the bike seat.....

IBleedYellow
February 23rd, 2017, 02:09 PM
If NDSU wins a Title I'll do $500 + Corp Match. xthumbsupx

citdog
February 23rd, 2017, 02:11 PM
I heard he also hit Grindr for donations too. Probably has something to do with not having the bike seat.....

http://bbs.dailystormer.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/8/e84289ece6e17c0d1264a04e0bc2ec005d7370c2.JPG

BisonTru
February 23rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
If someone has it handy they should post his link to donate.

Thumper 76
February 23rd, 2017, 03:17 PM
Praise Jesus I can change my ****ing avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
February 23rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
https://events.24foundation.org/fundraise?fcid=889656

BisonFan02
February 23rd, 2017, 09:23 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwwxiphO5P1qza4nq.gif

TheKingpin28
February 24th, 2017, 01:11 AM

Think about it, you kept this as your avatar and NDSU lost in the playoffs. Coincidence?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 21st, 2017, 12:20 AM
Last year ended up not working out as we had hoped on this deal. Life got in the way a bit and that happens. This year I think FPC will have a great year and maybe we can really mess with him a bit in the course of it all.

I have not been around here much lately and I almost never share personal crap on here basically cuz I like to keep my stuff to myself. This relates here though and I've mentioned in the past so I will fill in some cryptic spaces with some heartbreaking truths me and my family are in the middle of right now. My dad was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer and supposed to live 8 months almost exactly 3 yrs. ago. He is a tough SOB and he has made it 36 months but his time is now very short. I am in my hometown and have left the normal digs of Missoula to be with him and my mom for a bit as he is running out of time very quickly now.

I have so many friends here and a lot of you will probably want to reach out to me and send a personal note etc. I appreciate it, I do, but I'd rather have a small donation in my dad's honor if you would be donating to this anyway.

My dad hates it when family uses his name on Social Media etc. cuz he is old school and doesn't like the invasion of privacy aspect so the name I figure that could be used is his old CB handle since back in the day CB was basically a verbal message board and the handle was an avatar/username of sorts.

If you want to put it his honor plese use the name "Starfire Kid" and I'll know what it is all about.

I know I'm all over the place here but I wanted to start a thread for FPC and the challenge and add a personal note that touches on what so many have had to go through in their lives. I don't want this thread to be a "sorry to hear" thing though. Please help FPC if you can and I will be checking in once in a while with the stuff going on around the board but won't be on tap around here a whole lot for a while I don't think. I am sorry to be such a downer guys and gals but really there isn't anything overly uplifting about cancer other than seeing communities of people like you & me get together and try and fight this ****ing POS disease so help if you can and feel so inclined.

Be decent to each other.

F
U
Cancer
K

FormerPokeCenter
March 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM
Troy, I'm sorry to hear that your Dad's condition has worsened.

Thanks for bumping this up to it's own thread and thanks for sharing your story...and for all of the other support direct and indirect you've given the ride through the years.

Without your support - and The Rev's initial cheerleading - we might not have raised a dime on AGS. I'd made a few posts in 2010 and 2011, resulting in crickets, but it wasn't until you and The Rev got behind it that it really picked up steam...

I like the CB/message board analogy. I've always been struck by the similarities....

Like a lot of the years, I originally thought I'd sorta take it slow and quiet this year, to give the donors a rest and to focus on work that's been picking up a lot over the last several months, but when I read stories like your Dad's I think going slow and quiet sounds pretty stupid. Cancer's not taking it slowly nor is it going about things quietly. It's making a lot of ****ing noise...

I need to do that, too...

It's almost too easy on this end. I make some goofy social media posts, promise to wear stuff I'd normally never wear on the ride, send a few mass e-mails and good folks like you and the other AGS donors respond and every year we raise $8-10K for the fight. It's a drop in the bucket, of course, but it's one that's necessary and it would kinda be negligent NOT to do it since it's obvious you guys are willing and able to support the cause.

Thanks again for bumping this up to the top and I'm honored to ride for The Starfire Kid...

IBleedYellow
March 21st, 2017, 01:45 PM
Holy.

Ursus man. So sorry to hear.

Thumper 76
March 21st, 2017, 04:26 PM
Damn Ursus. Sucks man. Good reminder to why things like the FPC challenge matters.

FormerPokeCenter
March 22nd, 2017, 03:27 PM
Thanks to Bluefish 845, for his great donation to the ride in honor of the The Starfire Kid.

And also to IBY for another of his matching grants that kicked in today...

You guys ROCK!

Bluefish845, Thank you for kicking things off on honoring Troy's Dad!

FormerPokeCenter
March 22nd, 2017, 10:10 PM
Huge Thanks to cx500d for his fantastic donation to the cause on behalf of The Starfire Kid...

Thanks, cx...I really appreciate the support..

You ROCK!

cx500d
March 24th, 2017, 07:11 PM
He's close, c'mon guys!

Huge Thanks to cx500d for his fantastic donation to the cause on behalf of The Starfire Kid...

Thanks, cx...I really appreciate the support..

You ROCK!

Southern Bison
March 24th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Troy, I'm sorry to hear that your Dad's condition has worsened.

Thanks for bumping this up to it's own thread and thanks for sharing your story...and for all of the other support direct and indirect you've given the ride through the years.

Without your support - and The Rev's initial cheerleading - we might not have raised a dime on AGS. I'd made a few posts in 2010 and 2011, resulting in crickets, but it wasn't until you and The Rev got behind it that it really picked up steam...

I like the CB/message board analogy. I've always been struck by the similarities....

Like a lot of the years, I originally thought I'd sorta take it slow and quiet this year, to give the donors a rest and to focus on work that's been picking up a lot over the last several months, but when I read stories like your Dad's I think going slow and quiet sounds pretty stupid. Cancer's not taking it slowly nor is it going about things quietly. It's making a lot of ****ing noise...

I need to do that, too...

It's almost too easy on this end. I make some goofy social media posts, promise to wear stuff I'd normally never wear on the ride, send a few mass e-mails and good folks like you and the other AGS donors respond and every year we raise $8-10K for the fight. It's a drop in the bucket, of course, but it's one that's necessary and it would kinda be negligent NOT to do it since it's obvious you guys are willing and able to support the cause.

Thanks again for bumping this up to the top and I'm honored to ride for The Starfire Kid...

Jay (FPC),

You've got a place to stay in Charlotte for free at Casa de Southern Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
March 25th, 2017, 06:31 PM
I wanted to thank IBY for ANOTHER of his great recurring donations to the ride...

AND, we got another great donation of $100 in for The Starfire Kid, along with the donor's real name, but not the screenname....

I think i might know who it is, based on the last name..but....I don't wanna out anybody...If you made a donation today, please hit me up and let me know!

Whoever you are, you ROCK!

RabidRabbit
March 25th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Guilty Rabbit. Hate seeing any of our AGS family going through this.

FormerPokeCenter
March 25th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Rabid, man, thank you! I really appreciate the support for Starfire Kid!

Dude, you ROCK!

cx500d
March 27th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Anybody else? AltTru? Rjones? DayTrip? Rev? POD?

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2017, 05:48 PM

Rev has put in his 2017 donation

ursus arctos horribilis
March 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM

I think everyone mentioned chipped in real good last year and I would bet heavily on them doing again. All good people that have given in a variety of ways whenever something like this comes around.

This really picks up steam in June normally when people start putting up challenges and so forth. Southern Bison, Alpha, and several others come up with some good strategies and try to fight the libs with the hoops they try to get FPC to jump through. I remember Tru in particular went fairly big last year for FPC if I remember correct along with TheRev, Alpha, IBY, SB, etc.

Good to bump it up every once in a while so good work driving some discussion on this one cx.

POD Knows
March 28th, 2017, 01:37 PM

Yep, just did it.

FormerPokeCenter
March 28th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Yep, The Rev definitely made his annual donation!

And, big thanks to POD Knows for his great donation to the cause as well!

I know there's a bunch of different ways you guys can memorialize your loved ones and their fight against cancer, and I'm humbled and honored to ride for your Dad and your Sister...

You ROCK!

TheRevSFA
March 28th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Atta boy POD

TheRevSFA
March 28th, 2017, 09:39 PM
I think everyone mentioned chipped in real good last year and I would bet heavily on them doing again. All good people that have given in a variety of ways whenever something like this comes around.

This really picks up steam in June normally when people start putting up challenges and so forth. Southern Bison, Alpha, and several others come up with some good strategies and try to fight the libs with the hoops they try to get FPC to jump through. I remember Tru in particular went fairly big last year for FPC if I remember correct along with TheRev, Alpha, IBY, SB, etc.

Good to bump it up every once in a while so good work driving some discussion on this one cx.

Haha. I got him to wear an Obama shirt once! Once!!!

no strings attached anymore. This is a worthy organization and we need to fight the good fight

FormerPokeCenter
March 28th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Technically, you did ask for me to wear it again in 2013....so that's twice! ;)

POD Knows
March 29th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Atta boy PODIt is a good thing somebody bumped the thread. I thought I had done it already, getting senile I guess.

Southern Bison
March 29th, 2017, 11:25 PM

Ursus, can you combine the two threads for the 2017 FPC ride?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Ursus, can you combine the two threads for the 2017 FPC ride?

I didn't know there was two? There was a 2016 one but guess I didn't notice another 2017 one or maybe just thought it was this one. Gimme a link and I'll fix it if I don't run across it first.

Southern Bison
March 30th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I didn't know there was two? There was a 2016 one but guess I didn't notice another 2017 one or maybe just thought it was this one. Gimme a link and I'll fix it if I don't run across it first.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=191390

cx500d
April 1st, 2017, 10:34 PM
It is a good thing somebody bumped the thread. I thought I had done it already, getting senile I guess.

Cmon AGSers, help FPC make his goal. He's close!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
April 1st, 2017, 10:54 PM
Thanks for bumping the thread. I need to bump the goal up....we've averaged a little over $8k for the last seven years...

I set it at $4K, because I thought I was gonna be sorta quiet this year, but with 4 months to go, and $700 away from hitting $4K, it's pretty clear I gotta up the goal...I'm gonna push it to $8K again..

Usually, the fundraising really heats up in the last two months...So far, some asks on FB, a few here and one solicitation e-mail...., so..to be knocking on $4k is actually pretty good right about now.

And, so far...no real fundraising challenges have been thrown down...

On FB, I've got some folks who've promised to donate based on how much weight I lose between Jan and the ride in late July.....I got on the scale in early March and I was at 348, which is the most I've ever weighed...so...I've dropped 18 so far...I've got about 6 or 7 people who've pledged to donate a dollar a pound...and another four or five who'll donate $2.00 a pound...so...I think, total, we're at about $17 a pound...I've ordinarily done the ride at between 280 and 305..I'm gonna try to get down to 260 ish...If you guys wanna get in on that, excellent...or...continue to donate in honor of The Starfish Kid...

OR...you guys could come up with another crazy challenge where I've got to do, or wear something stupid on the ride, based on hitting a certain fundraising amount...

I'm pretty easy ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
April 3rd, 2017, 11:37 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=191390

Thanks brother, I had missed that in my search completely somehow. Combining now.

I really do appreciate you guys helping me out in keeping things a bit cleaner.xthumbsupx

cx500d
April 5th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I lost a bet to bisonoline.... another $50 for you....

FormerPokeCenter
April 5th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I just saw that! You did it anonymously, so..I was trying to figure out who to thank!

I really appreciate you and Bisonoline for the assist!

You guys ROCK!

Bisonoline
April 6th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I lost a bet to bisonoline.... another $50 for you....

Tell you what. In the spirit of a good gun debate and the fact you were honorable I will match your 50.00. Im on the road and my way back from TX so I will do that when I get home.

Bisonoline
April 7th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Done!

FormerPokeCenter
April 7th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I saw that this morning! Bisonoline, thank you! You ROCK!

cx500d
April 7th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Tell you what. In the spirit of a good gun debate and the fact you were honorable I will match your 50.00. Im on the road and my way back from TX so I will do that when I get home.

Wow, you are awesome. And you won fair and square (well one post after I issued the challenge), of course you already knew I was full of ****, but awesome nonetheless!

Ps: did you slay the fish on lake fork? I haven't got my boat out yet, so don't know how theyre biting yet.

citdog
April 7th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I haven't got my boat out yet.

OUT from what?? Do you need one of these?

https://images4-e.ravelrycache.com/uploads/jewlgirl/418136253/pussyhat__1__small2.jpg

Bisonoline
April 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Wow, you are awesome. And you won fair and square (well one post after I issued the challenge), of course you already knew I was full of ****, but awesome nonetheless!

Ps: did you slay the fish on lake fork? I haven't got my boat out yet, so don't know how theyre biting yet.

The bite started out slow. We caught 4-10 fish a day. Took a couple of days to fich crappie also. The last two weeks the fish started moving up. We caught 12, 14, 15, 16, 11, 26, 18, 20, 14, 16, 15, 12, 12, 16 the last two weeks we fished bass. one day we ties up to the bridge ovdr birch creek and caught 50 crappie but only 16 were keepers.
The day we left a cold front moved in so dont know whats going on now.

cx500d
April 8th, 2017, 12:48 AM
OUT from what?? Do you need one of these?

https://images4-e.ravelrycache.com/uploads/jewlgirl/418136253/pussyhat__1__small2.jpg

I didn't have enough ice on the lake to cut a hole in this winter.

cx500d
April 13th, 2017, 08:11 PM
OK, all except the procrastinators are done with taxes, so give up some of your refunds for a good cause. 88 should donate just to make up for being an annoyance...

I didn't have enough ice on the lake to cut a hole in this winter.

TheRevSFA
April 13th, 2017, 10:00 PM
OK, all except the procrastinators are done with taxes, so give up some of your refunds for a good cause. 88 should donate just to make up for being an annoyance...

What's a refund?

cx500d
April 14th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I owed 8G's. I haven't had a refund in probably 20 years.

What's a refund?

POD Knows
April 14th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I owed 8G's. I haven't had a refund in probably 20 years.

I refiled new W-4 in 2015 so I cut my shortage down to about $2300 this year. I haven't seen a refund for as long as I can remember. Probably back to the 80's.

cx500d
April 14th, 2017, 03:37 PM
The wife and I withhold at the higher single rate with zero exemptions now. I'm going to try and convince her to kick in some extra $ on line 6, but I doubt she'd do it since I'm cutting the checks.

I refiled new W-4 in 2015 so I cut my shortage down to about $2300 this year. I haven't seen a refund for as long as I can remember. Probably back to the 80's.

Bisonoline
April 14th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I got a Fed refund this year but I had to cut a check to the State of MN. Douche bags.

FormerPokeCenter
April 19th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Okay, so...we're closing in on the halfway point toward this year's fundraising goal.

We're $48.00 away from hitting $4K...

It's a prettty big milestone in 24HOB fundraising. It'll put us in the Gold Jersey level for the 7th consecutive year. It also has us at $58,518.00 in total funds raised since 2010.

I'll have to go through and do some smooth ciphirin, but I think AGS is somewhere between $15-$18,000 of that total. I'll try to run the numbers on that pretty soon....

So, we're $48 away from $4K on the year and less than $1500 away from $60K total.

Who wants the kill shot on $4K???

ursus arctos horribilis
April 19th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I just went to do it FPC and it appears that a year later they still don't have paypal set up? Am I just missing it or is ths still the case?

FormerPokeCenter
April 19th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Still the case....I've tried explaining the benefits on a number of occasions....apparently the went to a new web provider who handles payment for a variety of non-profits...

This is a good opportunity for me to call and re-iterate that Paypal is a much needed enhancement....

cx500d
April 20th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Killshot away... But I thought you doubled the goal to $8K?

Okay, so...we're closing in on the halfway point toward this year's fundraising goal.

We're $48.00 away from hitting $4K...

It's a prettty big milestone in 24HOB fundraising. It'll put us in the Gold Jersey level for the 7th consecutive year. It also has us at $58,518.00 in total funds raised since 2010.

I'll have to go through and do some smooth ciphirin, but I think AGS is somewhere between $15-$18,000 of that total. I'll try to run the numbers on that pretty soon....

So, we're $48 away from $4K on the year and less than $1500 away from $60K total.

Who wants the kill shot on $4K???

FormerPokeCenter
April 20th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I did...the $4K is the highest fundraising level that Booty recognizes....and cresting that gets us halfway to the $8K goal...

And thank you for getting us over the hump! That's awesome...

You rock!

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Okay...so....now we're getting into the thick of the 24HOB fundraising season.....just two months away from the ride....so...it's tie for me to kick it into gear a little more.

So...to everybody who's donated so far, thanks! You guys rock.

For everybody else, there's still time to get invoved!

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2017, 04:02 PM
So..this year, I'm riding with a group of cyclists from Charlotte called the Crank Mafia....they advertise themselves as a social club with a biking problem. A lot of these folks are bike commuters in and and around Charlotte. They've been doing the 24 HOB for four or five years now, and I rode with them two years ago as part The Good Riders.

It's a great group of folks and features cancer survivors and fundraisers. Some of them are both.

Here's a pic of my friend Claire "Pip" Cullipher who's a kick ass cyclist and who underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor last year...through her freakin nose!

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13432365_10153806798333406_3293417589253911351_n.j pg?oh=f9c08bfa59a548438b0e2215dce0c159&oe=59AE4E01

Here's a better pic of Pip, workin her day job as a model.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/426317_4404402544121_4063210_n.jpg?oh=16554e729c65 12dc529fca1cad2eb96a&oe=59AC4CC1

Don't get too excited...she's a bad ass in her own right and married to an Army Ranger...

This year, though, we're gonna take a little bit of a different approach....for you Blazing Saddles fans, we're gonna do it for Randolph Scott, who was from Charlotte and his nephew's an integral part of our team.

Here's a video of how we came to "do it for Randolph Scott"....

https://youtu.be/mJ8bHHX-rx8

Yamo, Randolph Scott's nephew is pretty outrageous when it comes to wearing stuff to raise money and here's his take on a "topless car wash" that raised about $2K...

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13718767_10155009048817977_1849012821911056500_n.j pg?oh=7afb4b5446dc9a994bbc4a1b3f06220d&oe=59A4C6A0

I included Pip's photos to make up for this one...Hope it helps!

Here's antoher pic from a couple of years ago...he and another integral part of the team, Scooter Abrams rode in full KISS Regalia. Pretty awesome stuff.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021670_10155006802253688_4238605599879965878_n.j pg?oh=b143b0977a6c9300a11736fa5a1bece8&oe=59C0765C

My point of all this is that historically, we've done challenges where specific fundraising goals require specific peformance from me.

I've already gotta ride in BisonTru's damn "I'm with Her Shirt" for a portion of the ride...

I'm open to suggestions for this year....

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Hey FPC, hate to bug you again but any news on PayPal?

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2017, 05:43 PM
No worries and you're not bugging me! I've asked them a couple of times, and they were supposed to be checking on it...

Let me go rattle the cage again!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Last year ended up not working out as we had hoped on this deal. Life got in the way a bit and that happens. This year I think FPC will have a great year and maybe we can really mess with him a bit in the course of it all.

I have not been around here much lately and I almost never share personal crap on here basically cuz I like to keep my stuff to myself. This relates here though and I've mentioned in the past so I will fill in some cryptic spaces with some heartbreaking truths me and my family are in the middle of right now. My dad was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer and supposed to live 8 months almost exactly 3 yrs. ago. He is a tough SOB and he has made it 36 months but his time is now very short. I am in my hometown and have left the normal digs of Missoula to be with him and my mom for a bit as he is running out of time very quickly now.

I have so many friends here and a lot of you will probably want to reach out to me and send a personal note etc. I appreciate it, I do, but I'd rather have a small donation in my dad's honor if you would be donating to this anyway.

My dad hates it when family uses his name on Social Media etc. cuz he is old school and doesn't like the invasion of privacy aspect so the name I figure that could be used is his old CB handle since back in the day CB was basically a verbal message board and the handle was an avatar/username of sorts.

If you want to put it his honor plese use the name "Starfire Kid" and I'll know what it is all about.

I know I'm all over the place here but I wanted to start a thread for FPC and the challenge and add a personal note that touches on what so many have had to go through in their lives. I don't want this thread to be a "sorry to hear" thing though. Please help FPC if you can and I will be checking in once in a while with the stuff going on around the board but won't be on tap around here a whole lot for a while I don't think. I am sorry to be such a downer guys and gals but really there isn't anything overly uplifting about cancer other than seeing communities of people like you & me get together and try and fight this ****ing POS disease so help if you can and feel so inclined.

Be decent to each other.

F
U
Cancer
K

Somehow my dad who was supposed to have days to live a couple of months ago has continued on and somehow gotten stronger. He's not on Chemo anymore and has not been for a couple months plus. At the time I wrote the original post he was in the hospital for 2 months and has now been home for the last couple of months and somehow his blood work is good and his tumor has not grown.

I don't know how it is happening but he's doing well (considering of course) and his one real bad lung has even gotten a little bit better his Dr. said.

I know damn well it will still end badly but can't believe he was given an outside shot at 10 days to 2 weeks and was told to contact hospice and instead he's driving my mom around and just doing some light things around the house and watching TV. Just thankful, astonished, and hoping a miracle has time to surface.

Just wanted to let you guys know since I put this out on here a couple months back and have never updated.

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2017, 04:52 PM
That's awesome news! Whatever he's doing, tell him to keep doing it!

POD Knows
May 26th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Somehow my dad who was supposed to have days to live a couple of months ago has continued on and somehow gotten stronger. He's not on Chemo anymore and has not been for a couple months plus. At the time I wrote the original post he was in the hospital for 2 months and has now been home for the last couple of months and somehow his blood work is good and his tumor has not grown.

I don't know how it is happening but he's doing well (considering of course) and his one real bad lung has even gotten a little bit better his Dr. said.

I know damn well it will still end badly but can't believe he was given an outside shot at 10 days to 2 weeks and was told to contact hospice and instead he's driving my mom around and just doing some light things around the house and watching TV. Just thankful, astonished, and hoping a miracle has time to surface.

Just wanted to let you guys know since I put this out on here a couple months back and have never updated.

That is great news, it is strange how the human body works sometimes.

Bisonoline
May 26th, 2017, 06:10 PM

Great news!!!!!

TheKingpin28
May 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM

Excellent news.

TheRevSFA
May 26th, 2017, 08:34 PM

Thats ****ing badass. Great news

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2017, 12:02 PM
Okay...so...it's now ONE MONTH until we roll in the 2017 24HOB....I'm a little off the usual pace...but...I think I've still got time to hit a pretty important mileston....We're just $1,000 away from hitting $60K in fundraising since we started this...

This year I've been a little busier with work than in years past, which isn't a bad thing...so I probably haven't been working the erosion marketing campaign like I normally do...

So, help a slacker out, will ya???

Here's a FB note I wrote about the last 8 years...some of you figure prominently in it.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jay-gallagher/year-8-what-a-wonderful-strange-trip-its-been/10155382685823267/

As always, no donation is too small and I really appreciate anything you guys can do to help the cause. The donations are desperately needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible.

To donate, follow the link below:

FormerPokeCenter
July 5th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Would you do it for Randolph Scott??

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15966150_10208904639030266_1662732099847136434_n.j pg?oh=1320e2d11e29376863a8c8d54b422c43&oe=5A05BD0B

So, this year, I'm riding to raise money for The 24 Foundation and LiveSTRONG on a different team than in the past, The Crank Mafia/Birdsong Brewing Team, and we've got a decidedly Blazing Saddles feel to the proceedings.

We're trying to raise a ****load of dimes for the cause. In fact, we even have our own Governor Lepetomane Truway Tollboth to help with the collection thereof...and, we've got a fundraising video featuring a member of the Randolph Scott family, shot on location at the site of his grave and in front of his estate.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19756504_10214162589197697_4561907340204998355_n.j pg?oh=73f9e5a90cce32ddf71ecb81ab30070a&oe=59C80EDF

Even Mel Brooks likes what we're cooking up!

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19429695_10210265840859461_164942462585624705_n.jp g?oh=121ce3f11a6291eae8ff1647430de05c&oe=5A09C519

Scott Yamonashi, one of our riders is Randolph Scott's cousin...so, we featured him prominently in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8bHHX-rx8

Now, invoking the name of Randolph Scott for charitable causes isn't anything new. Check out this pretty cool letter one of our riders found.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19511528_10155524171556410_1113572581408534989_n.j pg?oh=e97df542a4fe048563e483872e874f78&oe=5A051715

So....the AGS community has really kicked ass in support of the cause in the past and I hope you guys can see your way clear to support the cause again this year. I realize full well that I can be, and often HAVE BEEN, a complete ass on the political threads, but hopefully you guys will donate to the cause inspite of this. It's about the fight, not about me.

And, if you won't do it for me, then will you do it for Randolph Scott (hand over heart!)???

FormerPokeCenter
July 12th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Okay, so now we're just $75.00 away from cresting $60,000.00 in cancer fighting funds since we started this in 2010.
Who wants the kill shot on $60K...?

There are some matching grants still out there, I think...and about $500 in pledged donations from a Facebook challenge, so that leaves us about $2K shy of hitting $8k again this year...

Several of you have donated so far, but I could use all the help I could get in climbing back to $8K.

There've been a couple of setbacks this year, not the least of which is new website hosting and a new e-mail system that doesn't work as efficiently with the donation tracking system as the old one. The tradeoff is that the news system makes reporting easier and more transparent for things like Charity Navigator, etc.

All that will get ironed out...but in the meantime...we're down a little, with the oportunity to catch up!

The kill shot on $60,000 is right there within reach! ;)

Southern Bison
July 12th, 2017, 02:22 PM
So, this year, I'm riding to raise money for The 24 Foundation and LiveSTRONG on a different team than in the past, The Crank Mafia/Birdsong Brewing Team, and we've got a decidedly Blazing Saddles feel to the proceedings.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19429695_10210265840859461_164942462585624705_n.jp g?oh=121ce3f11a6291eae8ff1647430de05c&oe=5A09C519

So....the AGS community has really kicked ass in support of the cause in the past and I hope you guys can see your way clear to support the cause again this year. I realize full well that I can be, and often HAVE BEEN, a complete ass on the political threads, but hopefully you guys will donate to the cause inspite of this. It's about the fight, not about me.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170712/e47edb8ef926d7f7c6cbf1c69a3ae0d9.jpg

Hopefully everyone here has "harumph-ed for FPC this year. Looking forward to meeting you and helping you carbo-load before the race!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170712/9c90246c2c3b41b59a0aecd710434c20.jpg

BisonTru
July 12th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I'll take the kill shot. I was going to have you wear something, but the Hillary shirt was probably rough enough last year. Next year I might make you wear a Trump shirt. :)

FormerPokeCenter
July 12th, 2017, 03:51 PM
BisonTru, I really really appreciate the help! One of my oldest friends in the world took the kills shot about 30 minutes ago!

BUT...your donation still rocks and, yes, I still have to wear the ****ing Hillary shirt for part of the ride this year!

I know I give you grief on the political threads, but I do apprecieate you reaching across the aisle and helping with the cause!

You Rock! Geaux Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
July 12th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Awesomeness....this gets us up to 7th place, and we're just $900 out of the top five!

It'll take at least 8 or 9 grand to stay in the top five...it may take more, but that gives us a shot...

If you guys can help, it would be greately appreciated.

We won't be bringing home any hardware, BUT...we'll be forcing the guys who do to raise a lot more money in order to do so!

You donations get leveraged over the last two weeks as everybody's jockeying for a top five or top ten finish!

BisonTru
July 12th, 2017, 09:43 PM
BisonTru, I really really appreciate the help! One of my oldest friends in the world took the kills shot about 30 minutes ago!

BUT...your donation still rocks and, yes, I still have to wear the ****ing Hillary shirt for part of the ride this year!

I know I give you grief on the political threads, but I do apprecieate you reaching across the aisle and helping with the cause!

You Rock! Geaux Bison!

Yeah I saw somebody looked like they beat me to it. Either way I was going to donate this year anyway and my card was out.

A good cause is a good cause. Political views don't matter.

You put a lot of work into encouraging donations and then you do the ride and you've been a good sport about putting on some shirts you'd rather not wear.

Kudos to you for all of that.

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Okay, so...as an update, we've now raised about $6.700 on the year and with two weeks to go, we're definitely within striking distance of $8K again. Right now, we're sitting in sixth....and a top five finish is within striking distance...but I'll to step up my game for that to happen.

Our team has raised about $47,000 on the year and we're currently in 2nd place overall. You guys have pushed me over $60K since we started this in 2010, so it's already shaping up to be a pretty successful year.

I'm trying to help some other fundraisers on the team meet their goals, so I'm kinda splitting my time between my page and one specific fundraiser. I'm gonna tell you guys about him this week, but, man, I'd love to get to $8K and then I'm gonna shut mine down and focus on my new friend.

I've got about $350 still out on a weight loss fundraising challenge, so that'll get me over $7K total, and they're supposed to be checking into matching grants on what IBY's donated so far this year....that'll get me even closer...and I suspect some folks I hit with an e-mail earlier this week might still kick something in...

I'm thinking I'm gonna be about $600 short of getting to $8K, so your help would be GREATLY appreciated. No donation is too small! Help me get to $8K, so I can turn my attention to a first time rider who's pretty awesome and I know you guys are gonna wanna help him...even the people who think I suck are gonna wanna help my little friend....

What say you, AGS, can I go to the well one more time and hit you guys up for $600? It wouldn't take but 12 $50 dollar donations to get there....and then you won't hear from me about this kinda stuff again until next January! ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2017, 06:11 PM
I say it all the time but this community is truly a kind and giving one when it wants to be and I hope some of you can chip away $5 or so and help Jay out to meet the goal he is seeking. Some people can not and there is no shame in stepping away if you have any reason not to but if you can please try and throw this old dog a bone and push him over the top.

Jay's gonna cure cancer for us folks so it will feel good to be part of it.:)

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Troy, THANK YOU for the absolutely amazing support on AGS and for your amazing support, financially!

I really appreciate it more than I can adequately express! And, seriously, I know it's tough sometimes as I'm well aware I'm often a dick on the message boards. It is what it is, but THANK YOU guys for not holding that against the charity!

You RAWK! Geaux Grizzlies! ;)

TheKingpin28
July 15th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Glad to help out. It's not much due to my car insurance, two college loans, and bills, but this is always something I can get behind. Cancer sucks and everyone is affected by it somehow. Ride on brother!

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2017, 07:16 PM
TheKingPin, THANK YOU, for the great donation! I really appreciate it!

You ROCK!

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Huge thanks to Bisonoline, for his SECOND fantastic donation to the cause this year!

I love getting donations from other offensive linemen. You guys understand just how real the bike seat struggle is for us big guys!

In all seriousness...thank you for the amazing donations this year!

You ROCK!

Geaux Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
July 15th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Ya know...in years past, it's always been a battle between the Bison fans and the Montana fans for "Most donations"....

Ursus is carrying the load so far for Griz fans....the Bison look like they're running toward another title! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2017, 01:19 PM
You guys are freaking awesome! Basically, we're at about $3600 in FCS related fundraising. I generally don't include McNeese and Northwestern in this since they were doing a challenge on the old Delphi Board, but..that one's no longer active...

By the Numbers:

NDSU -

IBY - $629.00
Southern Bison - $208.00
Bison Oline - $100.00
Pod Knows - $100.00
Bison Tru - $75.00
TheKingpin - $20.00
Cx500d - $200.00

TOTAL $1,320.00

McNeese -

CBuck $242.00
Doc $200.00
McNeese75 $200.00
Pete Sinclair $100.00
Tom Hoefer $50.00
DThib $100.00
Geauxpokes $25.00
FPC $100.00 so far.

Total so far : $1,017.00

Northwestern

Houston Demon $375.00
Budman $100.00
Scribe62 $50.000

Total $525.00

SFA

TheRev $400.00
TheRev's Mom $25.00

Montana

Ursus $100.00 plus a ton of immeasurable intangibles like letting me make a big deal ouf this on AGS!

Central Arkansa

UCA Bear $100.00

South Dakota State

Rabid Rabbit $100.00

Sacred Heart

Bluefish845 $50.00

Montana State

MSUBobcat $50.00

I think that's everybody...If I missed somebody PLEASE let me know...I'm going back through the list to make sure I didn't miss one of the anonymous donations...

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Huge Thanks to CX500d for another great donation to the cause! His third contribution of the year pushes NDSU to $1320.00...my own Pokes are about $300 down....Holy Crap!

CX, I really appreciate the fantastic help....that's awesome! I appreciate it more than I can explain.

The other cool thing is that the team I'm on, the Crank Mafia, is comprised of mostly blue collar types and we have very little corporate match. We're smaller than the other leading teams, with 46 members, compared to Bank of America with 57 members and direct 1 to 1 corporate match, and a Brewery, with nice matching as well, and more riders.

Right now, we're grinding it out, with a lot more smaller donations than the other leading teams get and we're about $2,000 ahead of the next closes team, so every bit helps...Plus, I'm getting pretty close to being able to shut my fundraising down and focus on helping somebody else that I'm gonna introduce you guys to maybe later today or tomorrow at this rate...

But, anyway, man, I really appreciate the help!

You ROCK!

Geaux Bizon!

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2017, 03:37 PM
And...as always...I'll ride laps in School shirt for any school donating over $200. One year, I had 14 freaking wardrobe changes...This year, I've got four, plus The Hillary Shirt, plus Perry Beasley's Samford Jersey...I'm guessing I need to get an SFA shirt...

Montana, ACU and Sout Dakota State are just $100 away...

Sacred Heart and Montana State are $150 away...

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2017, 05:33 PM
And thanks to TheRev for yet another donation to the cause. He took the kill shot on $7,000.00...

That's absolutely awesome...

Rev, you RAWK! Thank you!

FormerPokeCenter
July 18th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Okay, so we're down to 10 donation days left till we ride....I'm just a shade over $7K...and trying desperately to get to $8K...However, it's not that bleak.

With a challenge that's still out and some matching grants that could kick in, I think all we need is about $400 to get over the hump...

A few donations here and a few on FB and I think we're over the top!

The response this year has been pretty cool...taking the McNeese and Northwestern donors out of it, we're close to $2,000 in straight up AGS donations and matching grants....the most we've ever raised in one year on AGS is about $2400...

No donation is too small and they all add up. Any help you could spare would be greatly appreciated!

It wouldn't take much to get us within striking distance of this year's goal...

And, $223 would get our bike team over the $50,000 hump this year alone. Taking the Killshot on $50K would be pretty cool!

FormerPokeCenter
July 18th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Still need ****load of dimes to get us to $8K....we've had 93 total donations thus far....It would be pretty cool to get back to 100 donors.

Are there 7 more potential donors within the AGS ranks??

No donation is too small. They're all desperately needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible...

You'd do it for Randolph Scott!!!

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20106840_10154979719748406_5728341759982258062_n.j pg?oh=640a5c56f7af6f2faba5d4d802178ebd&oe=59C4C973

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I've called in a couple of guys that might show up and pitch in so keep the faith.

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 18th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Done

FormerPokeCenter
July 18th, 2017, 03:57 PM
You guys ****ing ROCK!

Ursus, AG, thanks....You guys have been unbelievable since we started this!

FormerPokeCenter
July 18th, 2017, 04:04 PM
We're getting close....if anybody else can help out, it would be awesome....I've got something really cool to work on and I'd love to shut my fundraising down at $8K, and then spend the rest of the time till the ride working on it...

A couple of more donations and I'll shut up about me....and we'll get to something that I promise you that you'll like a lot more...

cx500d
July 18th, 2017, 04:50 PM
One of my favorite, if not my favorite, Westerns was Randolph Scott's last movie, Ride the High Country... Great scenery, great plot, great acting also with Joel McCrea, great score. I think that was also a Sam Peckinpah movie, albeit it wasn't in the bloody vein of some of his later stuff like the Wild Bunch; it was a Randolph Scott movie, after all..

Would you do it for Randolph Scott??

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15966150_10208904639030266_1662732099847136434_n.j pg?oh=1320e2d11e29376863a8c8d54b422c43&oe=5A05BD0B

We're trying to raise a ****load of dimes for the cause. In fact, we even have our own Governor Lepetomane Truway Tollboth to help with the collection thereof...and, we've got a fundraising video featuring a member of the Randolph Scott family, shot on location at the site of his grave and in front of his estate.

Scott Yamonashi, one of our riders is Randolph Scott's cousin...so, we featured him prominently in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8bHHX-rx8

Now, invoking the name of Randolph Scott for charitable causes isn't anything new. Check out this pretty cool letter one of our riders found.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19511528_10155524171556410_1113572581408534989_n.j pg?oh=e97df542a4fe048563e483872e874f78&oe=5A051715

And, if you won't do it for me, then will you do it for Randolph Scott (hand over heart!)???

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 18th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Grizo is no Randolph Scott.........can he even reach the submit button to donate?

Guess not since his name isn't on any of the donations.......get on it gnomeboy and help us rip up C Vegas.....heeeeyyy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
July 19th, 2017, 11:54 AM
So, a couple of donations were inadvertantly directed to the wong place, so we had to move those around a little, and now I'm about $500 away from hitting $8K.

So...I'm trying really hard to get that last bit in so I can turn my attention to something more relevant and wothwhile than my fundraising...

Please help if you can. No donation is too small.

BEAR
July 19th, 2017, 12:27 PM
You're getting closer and closer! xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
July 19th, 2017, 03:24 PM
And a HUGE thank you to UCABear for his absolutely fantastic SECOND donation of the year to the ride..

We're getting close! If the matching grants come in and the pledges from a weight loss challenge, I'll hit the $8K goal....

Insuance donations are always nice, though!

You guys ROCK

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2017, 10:59 AM
The magic number to get to $8K is $191...

A few donations would do it!

FormerPokeCenter
July 24th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Four donation days left....we're VERY close to going over $8K...

You guys have been amazing....

I still need some help, though....

BEAR
July 24th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Looks like you went over $8k! Congrats!

So why does your goal keep moving up?! xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
July 24th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Well...we're at $8200 and change...with four donation days left....

I can't quit now, can i???

FormerPokeCenter
July 25th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Okay, so thanks to some fantastic donations, including IBY (and his great corporate match!) and Southern Bison, we're now up to $8712....or....just $1288 away from hitting $10K, with three donation days to go, including today.

Every single donation helps the cause and it also helps whittle down that $1288.

No donation is too small and they're all tax deductible!

FormerPokeCenter
July 26th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Okay, so now we're down to $1188 to go, with two donation days left....Today and tomorrow through 4 pm central time...

Every little bit helps...and no donation is too small...they're tax deductible, too!

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 27th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I was just talking to my best friend who donated to your ride, he said to tell you thanks and next year he will do more. His dad died 3 years ago from esophageal cancer.

So thank you for doing this every year, and thanks from me as well.

You Rock FPC

Southern Bison
July 29th, 2017, 05:48 PM
FPC riding strong!

...and he remembered his bike seat!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170729/5b1a0ecc32a26e8725d9e9339c11a05f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170729/b1d8e2107db1153c037104d67cda19f2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170729/ec0099ad9b386e67a95e3a32f0494df3.jpg

BEAR
July 31st, 2017, 10:03 AM
Thank you FPC for doing this.

I got word this morning that cancer took two of my high school classmates and a third was rushed to the hospital and has hours to live. I'm not sure if they all had previous knowledge of their condition but the last one seems to have been a surprise. Cancer sucks. Ride on FPC. Please if you haven't donated then please do when FPC starts up his next campaign. All 3 of the funerals I will be attending (all three were 43 or 44 years old) have families with small kids who were robbed of their time with their father or mother... xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx Man I don't know if I will be able to make it through the services watching those kids...xbawlingxxsmhx I hate this...

FormerPokeCenter
August 1st, 2017, 01:21 AM
I'm just now getting back off the road after working my way back from Charlotte with some paying gig stops in Alabama and Mississippi...I'll post more later, but the 2017 campaign was pretty successful...

My best individual fundraising total ever...$10,282.

The team raised $96,000 and counting, we averaged almost $2100 per rider, which is crazy for a team with 45 members. The event average is $1250 per person..

The event raised $1,7 Million....

Buck Ranson raised almost $5,000...

You guys ROCK!

My photographer messed up and didn't get any decent photos of me wearing the Hllary shirt....so I wore it ALL DAY on our recovery ride Sunday through Charlotte.

We hit brew pubs, cider houses and beer gardens....

Every millenial bartender in those joints loved the shirt. If they'd have been heterosexual, I think I probably could have gotten laid!

Here's a pic with one of my teammates who liked it!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25663&stc=1

BisonTru
August 1st, 2017, 03:30 PM
You're welcome on the shirt. Smart move for the recovery ride. You keep letting me guide you along and those ladies will quit lying to you about their sexuality. Next years ride. "Get Pokemon Riden." xthumbsupx

Seriously tho, nice work on not only the effort to do the ride, but all the time you spend soliciting donations. I have to imagine you spend multiple multiple times the effort in your day to day life, facebook, ect. as you do on here encouraging people to donate to this cause. Good work. xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
August 1st, 2017, 04:26 PM
Thanks...I do put in a lot of time on FB with the donation solicitations and general information about the beneficiary charities and what they do...

I do some mass e-mails through the year....and some here...but most of it's on FB. The thing is, I'd either be on FB, or here, wasting time....this way it's at least productive! ;)

The last two weeks have been crazy....we kept a group chat between me and the captains on the team open almost 24 Hours per day, so we could be responsive and help people with their fundraising. I'm gonna say that I probably raised close to $20K this year...between me, Buck and a couple of new fundraisers on the team that I helped out....there's not anyway to quantify it...but part of that is that $10K is about the limit for me. Buck's story was pretty compelling, as are the stories of the other people I helped.

Next year, I'm gonna try hitting people up directly and doing some honest to goodness fundraising events....

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2017, 11:10 AM
So the 2017 edition of the 24HOB was pretty amazing.

First, the team fundraising was phenomenal. We've raised more than $93,000 this season....with only 45 people...that's kinda crazy..in a totally good way...

Your donations to my ride this year were the highest total we've had in 8 years of doing this...$10,282....the previous high was $10,170.

It's gonna take a minute, but I think the AGS donations also reached an all-time high. FCS fans raised more than $4,000 of the $15,282 we raised (if you count Buck Ranson's ride, too ) You also helped push young Buck to $5,000 in total funds raised, which is pretty awesome. He was the 2nd highest child fundraiser, finishing about $100 behind the 14-year old daughter of a 24HOB Board Member who's been working it all year long.

Buck got to lead the Survivor's Lap and to race agains the Carolina Panthers mascot, Sir Purr. Buck won of course. Ain't no stuffed cat gonna out peddle a Crank Mafioso, not even a young one!

Here's a couple of videos of Buck....one where he's playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with Sir Purr right before leading out the Survivor Lap...and another where he's shaving the head of one of our team captains, who offered to shave his head if another of our teammates got to $10K....At the time, she was at $7200 with less than an hour to go...so he thought he was safe ;)

https://www.facebook.com/skipp.ranson/videos/1622909711087037/

https://www.facebook.com/paige.ranson.5/videos/10210865092638412/

All totaled, the entire event brought in more than $1.7 million, which is kinda mind boggling when you consier there were approximately 1300 riders and walkers.
A HUGE thank you to Southern Bison, who not only supported the ride generously, but he also put me up in pretty luxurious accomodations. It was like walking into an Italian Villa. I had my own wing, though I was too freaken tired to try the pool! If Fodor's was reviewing Casa De Bison, I'm pretty sure they'd give it 5 stars....

Mark also fed me at the new Ted Turner restaurant in Weddington, which was pretty cool. They serve Bison, which is pretty tasty. it's leaner than regular beef..

And to cap off the weekend,. the Crank Mafia took me on their weekly Wafflepalooza ride around the places they haunt in Charlotte as part of a recovery ride on Sunday. All in all, it was pretty cool...Bison Tru's HRC shirt was a big hit with the millenials working the places we stoppped....

Thank you to everybody who supported the ride, donated, and put up with my incessant soliciations!

You guys ROCK!

I'll try to post the AGS totals soon...real life is back with a vengeance, demanding attention, so It may be a few days...

Here's some pics of Buck from this weekend...and a couple of video links...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25676&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25677&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25678&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25679&stc=1

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2017, 12:51 PM
Pretty cool dude. Damn fine work!

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2017, 03:24 PM
Pretty cool dude. Damn fine work!

I had a lot of damn fine help from you and the rest of the AGS crew...

I really appreciate it more than I can adequately explain....

TheRevSFA
August 2nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
FCS fans raised more than $4,000

AGSers...

5 years ago I started TheRev's challenge, and SB has upped the ante considerably with it.

But, I think we can do better.

I'd like to see us hit 5k with a stretch goal of 6k.

IBleedYellow
August 2nd, 2017, 04:44 PM
It's not enough! WE NEED MOAR!

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2017, 04:55 PM
For this year? Or for next? If you guys are just anxious to raise some more money, I'll go sign up for the LiveSTRONG Challenge in Austin which is in late October...or the 24HOB in Baltimore...which is in late September ;)

BEAR
August 2nd, 2017, 05:10 PM
When do you start next year's challenge?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2017, 06:10 PM
Once a year is probably the best bang for the buck I'd think. It's just too bad that this one isn't a few weeks or a month later when more peops start showing up around here on a regular basis.

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2017, 06:50 PM
Lemme see what they say about starting 2018 early....they may or may not be set up for that...

One thing we could do is set up something on one of the generic websites that handle charitable donations like Classy or EventBrite and then raise money early, transferring it over to the 24 Foundation as soon as they open fundraising... I really, really, REALLY don't want to handle money, though there are a couple of things I'm working on that may mean I have to.

I've really wanted to do some joint fundraising with a local St. Jude affiliate, and another local foundation that does free cancer screening and mammograms for local women. The problem is that the 24 Foundation, St. Jude and the local foundation all have restrictive bylaws that prohibit them from splitting any money they take in with other entities. In a perfect world, either the local charity, or the 24 Foundation would handle all the money and then disperse it in accordance with the terms of the fundraising agreement...i.e., 75% going to the local charity, and 25% to LiveSTRONG through the 24 Foundation, or something similar. But their internal operating agreements all stand in the way of that.

To split like that, I'd have to collect the money and then disperse as per any joint fundraising agreement before the funds hit one of the charities. I hate the idea of doing something like that because it means a lot of work to make sure the people who donate get the provenental paperwork for their tas deduction from the beneficairies...or you have to set up as a 501 c 3 corp, which is a ****load of work.

There are a couple of CPAs who donate to the ride, so I'm thinking about asking them if the'll serve on a board and handle all of the money issues. I've been thinking about setting up an LLC, which would only cost about $75.00, with the by laws and operating agreements stipulating that ALL moneies collected MUST be transferred into the beneficiary charities within 365 days of receipt and ONLY those beneficary charities.

As long as all of the money gets donated, I don't think I'd have to worry about a tax burden on the donations...or in having to jump through the hoops to be a 501 c 3 Corp...

Maybe some of you CPAs on the board could offer some advice on the best way to do something like this.....

The charity would have to be protected and the funds would have to be proteced from taxation and the donors would have to be able to get provenance for their deductions....and nobody else could profit.

Thoughts?

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Here's a pic with one of my teammates who liked it!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25663&stc=1

Damn, that shirt fits you..................​like a glove

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Damn, that shirt fits you..................​like a glove

That was my contribution. xlolx

I told Tru last year no matter what size FPC said he needs he needs to get a "Smedium" . xlolx

That is really pretty damn awesome FPC.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Smedium never EVER lets anyone down!

FormerPokeCenter
August 5th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Actually...it's a 2XL...I just need to lose some damn weight...

POD Knows
August 6th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Damn, that shirt fits you..................​like a gloveif "like a glove" means "like a condom", I would agree.

Southern Bison
August 12th, 2017, 11:41 PM
AGSers...

5 years ago I started TheRev's challenge, and SB has upped the ante considerably with it.

But, I think we can do better.

I'd like to see us hit 5k with a stretch goal of 6k.

Easy way to help FPC while enjoying your team's on-field successes...offer up a $$ amount for every TD scored by your alma mater/favorite FCS football team for the 2017 season. Even $1 per score helps beat cancer. That's anywhere from $40-$60. Some of you will spend more than that on beer to watch those same touchdowns happen. Don't worry...you have until mid-July 2018 to get your pledge into FPC's account.

The 2018 24HoB AGS Challenge has been thrown down today. Who will match me at $5 per Bison TD? Who will raise the bar even higher to kick cancer's ass?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?194445-2018-24HoB-AGS-Challenge&p=2508383#post2508383