PDA

View Full Version : ETSU stadium coming along

ETSUfan1
March 12th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Will be ready for play this season. After this season, the (what will be) grass bank in the endzone will be fitted with stands to complete the horseshoe.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24744&stc=1 http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24745&stc=1 http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24746&stc=1

citdog
March 12th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Is that the beginning of a track around the field??

ETSUfan1
March 12th, 2017, 01:36 PM
No track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citdog
March 12th, 2017, 01:38 PM
No track.

VERY GOOD! It will be strange to be at a football game in Johnson City and not have the entire stadium smell like pee.

PAllen
March 12th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Very nice

bonarae
March 12th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Nice. Hopefully there will be no more delays... so that the stadium will be ready by September.

LuckyKat
March 13th, 2017, 07:01 AM
just curious
do you know the total cost?

walliver
March 13th, 2017, 10:22 AM
VERY GOOD! It will be strange to be at a football game in Johnson City and not have the entire stadium smell like pee.

Maybe they can do like they did to the London Bridge and take down El Cid's Piss Wall and reassemble it in Johnson City.

Anthony215
March 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM
just curious
do you know the total cost?

The projections called for it to be a $26.6 million project to complete.

ETSUfan1
March 13th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I've heard it's ahead of schedule and they hope to have the turf down by June.

BadlandsGrizFan
March 13th, 2017, 02:19 PM
That sounds wayyyy cheap if theyre doing a whole new stadium?

citdog
March 13th, 2017, 02:20 PM

Money goes a long way in East Tennessee...

Thumper 76
March 13th, 2017, 02:42 PM

That was my thought as well, but looking at the pictures it looks like it's mostly concrete bleachers built on the berm, so it doesn't appear to have much being added along the lines of amenities. Maybe I'm wrong, looks more bare bones get it rolling and add stuff later. Also I know it's a horseshoe but it doesn't look like it's going to be a 18,000 person stadium by any stretch. Anybody know the projected capacity?

It looks really nice, I don't want to seem like I'm ragging on the stadium for the record. Just thinking out loud on how it's built so cheap compared to what SDSU and others spent putting up new stadiums.

FUBeAR
March 13th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Money goes a long way in East Tennessee...

Must go a VERY LONG way in Maconga also....or it did a few years ago. This is from a 11/12/11 article about the construction of Mercer's Stadium Complex, which includes the Field House (Locker Rooms, Training Room, Weight Room, Equipment Room, Player Lounge, Meeting Rooms, Coaches Offices, and an in-house Medical Rehab Clinic). Now, this figure was cited before they decided to add the upper deck on 1 side, but I wouldn't GUESS that would be more than $3-$4MM.

"Work on the project actually began six weeks ago for a stadium that Cole said will hold 6,000 seats. Mercer President Bill Underwood said it will cost “in the neighborhood of $14 million.” http://www.macon.com/sports/article28625377.html

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 13th, 2017, 04:15 PM
That was my thought as well, but looking at the pictures it looks like it's mostly concrete bleachers built on the berm, so it doesn't appear to have much being added along the lines of amenities. Maybe I'm wrong, looks more bare bones get it rolling and add stuff later. Also I know it's a horseshoe but it doesn't look like it's going to be a 18,000 person stadium by any stretch. Anybody know the projected capacity?

It looks really nice, I don't want to seem like I'm ragging on the stadium for the record. Just thinking out loud on how it's built so cheap compared to what SDSU and others spent putting up new stadiums.

These are my thoughts too...

FUBeAR
March 13th, 2017, 06:13 PM

ETSU STADIUM FACTS

Capacity:
10,000 (+) in a horseshoe design

Surface:
Field turf

Estimated Cost:
$26.615 million

Premium Seating:
Skyboxes, Club Seats, Mid-Field Seats

Press Box:
West Tower

Video Board:
South end zone

Locker Rooms:
South end zone

Concourses:
Open air, surrounding stadium in a horseshoe design

Parking:
Nearly 4,000 parking spaces surrounding the stadium

Plenty of Renderings, etc. here: http://www.etsustadium.com/

I think it's going to be a very nice venue. Any of us who ever endured playing in / attending a Football Game in the Mini-Dome are elated to see the Bucs make this type of investment in their Football Future and the Future of the SoCon. I believe it was a requirement of re-admittance.

Also - here's a link to a Livestream of the Construction process. Except this is not live. It's from October 2016. Not sure why they stopped Livestreaming, but you can get a good look at it here. BTW - FastForward thru the nighttime hours - not much to see then - https://livestream.com/ETSUfootball/events/4912272/videos/140223677

Milktruck74
March 14th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Plenty of Renderings, etc. here: http://www.etsustadium.com/

I think it's going to be a very nice venue. Any of us who ever endured playing in / attending a Football Game in the Mini-Dome are elated to see the Bucs make this type of investment in their Football Future and the Future of the SoCon. I believe it was a requirement of re-admittance.

Also - here's a link to a Livestream of the Construction process. Except this is not live. It's from October 2016. Not sure why they stopped Livestreaming, but you can get a good look at it here. BTW - FastForward thru the nighttime hours - not much to see then - https://livestream.com/ETSUfootball/events/4912272/videos/140223677

Hardest Turf ever.....I'm sure it was Outdoor carpet on concrete!!!!

TTUEagles
March 14th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Nothing tops 1990's Austin Peay where the ref. had to physically hold the ball on PAT attempts to keep the ball from rolling away and visible patches of concrete in several locations...

Looks good, ETSU! I'm jealous!

ETSUfan1
March 16th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Pretty sure 26 mil is stage one. Stage two will include a fieldhouse, filling out the horseshoe and extra concessions and restrooms. The metal bleachers are going in soon. It's not just going to be concrete.

Bucs2016
March 19th, 2017, 01:38 AM

It was bad turf...but nowhere near as bad as Austin Peay. Theirs in the early 2000s was literally a slab of green industrial carpet on concrete. The visitor corner has a small hole, a foot INSIDE the lines, and it was just carpet on concrete. Hardest surface ever. APSUs new stuff is pretty nice though.

Bucs2016
March 19th, 2017, 01:39 AM
Nothing tops 1990's Austin Peay where the ref. had to physically hold the ball on PAT attempts to keep the ball from rolling away and visible patches of concrete in several locations...

Looks good, ETSU! I'm jealous!

WOW I posted my last response before seeing this. Yes. So you saw that too huh? So so so bad.