Colgate

Bucknell

Fordham

Holy Cross

Lafayette

Georgetown

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 4th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Lehigh will be the prohibitive favorite. They have a history of backing up strong seasons so I think they'll be up to the task. The key will be improving the defense. It was better last season than in previous years but at the end of the day it still wasn't very good. I don't think the assistant shakeup with cause any real issues. It can only help on D imo. The offense should be scary good. The OL and skill positions are loaded with talent and experience. Mayes does need to work on his decision making though. Thankfully he's still only a junior xnodx

Fordham will also be loaded on offense. Their defense has to get better. It was once again putrid last year. Their schedule is also really tough. The EWU game will be a showcase for Ram football and the PL. For better or worse...

Holy Cross might be in the mix but I think most people have given up on Gilmore. Pujals is very good but its been proven he can't do it all by himself.

Colgate once again has tough schedule and will be breaking in several new faces. At first glance they look like a 6-5 team.

The coaching change can only help Lafayette but Garrett needs to really boost the talent. They'll be better by 2-3 games imo.

Bucknell still has no offense and likely won't be a factor in the league race

Georgetown assumes its permanent position in the cellar

I'll go

Lehigh 5-1
Fordham 5-1
Colgate 4-2
Lafayette 3-3
Holy Cross 2-4
Bucknell 1-5
Georgetown 0-6

RichH2
March 4th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Looks good to me. If Sutyak develops a half way decent LB crew dont think we'll lose any PL games.
FU has Anderson and Edmonds and not much else. Expect they will be as good as this yr not better. Cross will be better. Gilmore has finally brought in some speed. Gate solid but no Melville. Pards will improve but not all that much. No QB and not nearly enough talent on O. D will be decent if healthy. No depth .
Bucknell list entire OL and the QB. D will still be top in PL. Hoyas will show up for every game.

Fordham
March 4th, 2017, 10:35 PM
We'll be better than last year. Huge injuries on the DL last year. Adeyeye coming back is huge at DT (literally and figuratively). New coaches on defensive side have a lot of talent returning to work with. Offense should be amazing. Lehigh definite favorites but we should be right after that imo.

DFW HOYA
March 5th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Hoyas will show up for every game.

I'll take that as a meager positive, as opposed to "Georgetown won't forfeit any games."

RichH2
March 5th, 2017, 09:14 AM
I'll take that as a meager positive, as opposed to "Georgetown won't forfeit any games."
Certainly a positive. Hoyas well coached and play hard. They have some talent just not enuf and no depth.

CFBfan
March 5th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Certainly a positive. Hoyas well coached and play hard. They have some talent just not enuf and no depth.

hoyas also lost their DC to the leopards

ngineer
March 5th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Lehigh at least 5-1 in the League, and better than even money to run the table again. I think we should be better than this past year. Offense more experienced and defense improves. Special teams are solid, though we lost our ST coach to Oklahoma. He really turned our ST's around. I think anything less than 9-2 and league championship will be disappointing.

RichH2
March 5th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Lehigh at least 5-1 in the League, and better than even money to run the table again. I think we should be better than this past year. Offense more experienced and defense improves. Special teams are solid, though we lost our ST coach to Oklahoma. He really turned our ST's around. I think anything less than 9-2 and league championship will be disappointing.

+1

UNHWildcat18
March 5th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Lafayette being above HC made me LOL.

Bogus Megapardus
March 5th, 2017, 08:52 PM
I'd say a toss-up between Fordham and Lehigh at the top. Bucknell follows IMHO, then Colgate and Holy Cross. Georgetown still lags because there doesn't seem to be much new to elevate them. Too much has changed at Lafayette to predict anything but we remain bottom-feeders until we prove otherwise.

Go...gate
March 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Lehigh should win the league, followed by Fordham.

carney2
March 6th, 2017, 01:19 PM
It's a quarterback League so Lehigh, Fordham and Holy Cross should do well. The others need to spend some serious time recruiting.

RichH2
March 8th, 2017, 10:58 AM
PL has always been a QB centric league.
3 veteran QBs returning. Can a 1st yr starter or a frosh phenom make an impact?
Has a frosh ever lead his team to PL title??

Lehigh'98
March 8th, 2017, 12:10 PM
PL has always been a QB centric league.
3 veteran QBs returning. Can a 1st yr starter or a frosh phenom make an impact?
Has a frosh ever lead his team to PL title??

Reed?
Vena?

Bogus Megapardus
March 10th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Reed?
Vena?

Drew Reed made the final six starts for Lafayette in 2013 after taking over in the second half up in Allston. I think it's fair to say that Reed, as a freshman, led the Pards to the PL championship that year even though he didn't begin the season as the starter.

Also it was Reed's performance that led to the enduring "Lafayette at New Hampshire" thread. That's got to count for something. xcoolx

Go...gate
March 10th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Vena, in 1996, led Colgate to within one point of the league title, losing to champion Bucknell, 28-27.

Bogus Megapardus
March 10th, 2017, 11:43 PM
Vena, in 1996, led Colgate to within one point of the league title, losing to champion Bucknell, 28-27.

That was the last championship for the Annoying Orange, wasn't it? They're due.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 11th, 2017, 12:31 AM
That was the last championship for the Annoying Orange, wasn't it? They're due.

Only championship for Bucknell.

The Bison started 1997 10-0 before getting smoked by Colgate in the de facto PL title game to finish the year. The Bison were definitely ranked in the Top 20/25 at the time of the game. That might have been Colgate's best team with Vena despite the so-so record. They played a brutally tough schedule and pounded teams in their wins. They gave #1 'Nova a respectable game in the playoffs.

vestaviadude
March 11th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Bucknell has been recruiting the southeast really hard. I dont know if they are landing any kids, have not kept up with it. But I know of three seniors that received literature from Bucknell this year in Florida and Georgia.

RichH2
March 21st, 2017, 03:43 PM
Well Spring practice is here. Friday start for Lehigh. Noticed that Pards and Rams added 2 more recruits.Lehigh has 4 more coming on recruit class. Any others have post NSD additional recruits?

citdog
March 21st, 2017, 03:50 PM
When will The Patsy's be out?

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
Well Spring practice is here. Friday start for Lehigh. Noticed that Pards and Rams added 2 more recruits.Lehigh has 4 more coming on recruit class. Any others have post NSD additional recruits?

Nice to see them back at it! I hate to wish away spring and summer but fall camp and the season isn't TOO far away by the time the Brown and White concludes. I'm really pumped for this year. The expectations will be high which means the potential for major disappointment also exists.

youcanbankit
March 21st, 2017, 04:50 PM
Nice to see them back at it! I hate to wish away spring and summer but fall camp and the season isn't TOO far away by the time the Brown and White concludes. I'm really pumped for this year. The expectations will be high which means the potential for major disappointment also exists.

Betting on Lehigh to win it all this year!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 21st, 2017, 10:14 PM
Betting on Lehigh to win it all this year!!!

"Win it all" being relatively speaking i.e. winning the Patriot League?

Lehigh has Top 10 potential if they can get more physical on defense. Anything short of a return to the playoffs and putting forth a good showing will be a disappointment. The performance against UNH had to leave a long lasting bitter taste. Lehigh has historically performed well in the playoffs. Certainly far better than that debacle....

RichH2
March 22nd, 2017, 12:39 PM
While Lehigh is the favorite, cant ignore Rams who return 14 starters including Anderson and Edmonds. A new DC may improve their D which was a bit porous last year :) :)

DFW HOYA
March 22nd, 2017, 05:54 PM
Georgetown added a new assistant from Tiffin College. Still not enough players in the door, however.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031717aaa.html

Go...gate
March 22nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
Only championship for Bucknell.

The Bison started 1997 10-0 before getting smoked by Colgate in the de facto PL title game to finish the year. The Bison were definitely ranked in the Top 20/25 at the time of the game. That might have been Colgate's best team with Vena despite the so-so record. They played a brutally tough schedule and pounded teams in their wins. They gave #1 'Nova a respectable game in the playoffs.

That was a very good club. 7-5, but 6-0 in the Patriot. Lost to Army, Navy, #1 Villanova (in the playoffs), Richmond and, inexplicably, a rebuilding Princeton team which played all of its games on the road/at neutral sites while the Tigers built a new ballpark.

UNHWildcat18
March 23rd, 2017, 02:10 AM
"Win it all" being relatively speaking i.e. winning the Patriot League?

Lehigh has Top 10 potential if they can get more physical on defense. Anything short of a return to the playoffs and putting forth a good showing will be a disappointment. The performance against UNH had to leave a long lasting bitter taste. Lehigh has historically performed well in the playoffs. Certainly far better than that debacle....

This gave me a good chuckle. I'm sure they can make the playoffs but legit top 10 team...I doubt it.

RichH2
March 23rd, 2017, 06:35 AM
Top 10 potential? Perhaps. Only possible IF Lehigh puts a better D on the field.

Gangtackle11
March 23rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Top 10 potential? Perhaps. Only possible IF Lehigh puts a better D on the field.

You'll find out right away if Top 10 is a possibility. A loss to my Cats will end all talk of that. A win will only keep the faint hope alive.

Lehigh'98
March 23rd, 2017, 10:16 AM
Would need a very dramatic turnaround on defense to sniff top 15.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 23rd, 2017, 11:07 AM
This gave me a good chuckle. I'm sure they can make the playoffs but legit top 10 team...I doubt it.

Given what they have coming back on offense that should be a legit goal. My guess is they'll be in the Top 20 to start the year. The defense must improve for that to happen. I still think there's legit possibility to for this team to have a 2011 or better type season if the D steps up. Just making the playoffs after what happened last year should not be good enough. Remember, Lehigh was the betting favorite against UNH last year. The result was absurdly shocking....

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 23rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
You'll find out right away if Top 10 is a possibility. A loss to my Cats will end all talk of that. A win will only keep the faint hope alive.

Better odds Villanova starts 0-2 than 2-0. I'll be celebrating at least one victory over the 'Cats this year xnodx

Gangtackle11
March 23rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Better odds Villanova starts 0-2 than 2-0. I'll be celebrating at least one victory over the 'Cats this year xnodx

Actually better chance Nova goes 1-1 than 2-0 or 0-2. 16 starters back from a 9-4 team isn't going to rollover to any Patriot League team without a major fight.

You may win, but you should proceed with caution. You may be disappointed if you think losing Talley & a couple of marquee names translates into a win for you guys.

This year Nova doesn't play Pitt before you guys. Nova almost always has either injuries or a FBS hangover the next week in the FCS opener. I thought the team slept walked for 3 quarters before pulling out a 26-21 win.

I think Lehigh will score their share of points, but Nova will most likely pound the rock down your defense's throats. I don't see your 3-3-5 stopping that run game. Long drives that will wear down your front 6 is a tall task. Run stopping with safeties will be problematic for your Mountain Hawks.

Versatile senior RB Matt Gudzak will play this year (missed game last season) & he's a nice complement to the power running of Aaron Forbes who shredded the Lehigh defense last season. Also, remember this name RS frosh Justin Covington. I've had several insider reports that say this kid maybe the best of them all combining speed & power on his 5'11" 220 lbs. frame.

Time will tell. It's a good season opening matchup for both.

LUHawker
March 24th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Actually better chance Nova goes 1-1 than 2-0 or 0-2. 16 starters back from a 9-4 team isn't going to rollover to any Patriot League team without a major fight.

You may win, but you should proceed with caution. You may be disappointed if you think losing Talley & a couple of marquee names translates into a win for you guys.

This year Nova doesn't play Pitt before you guys. Nova almost always has either injuries or a FBS hangover the next week in the FCS opener. I thought the team slept walked for 3 quarters before pulling out a 26-21 win.

I think Lehigh will score their share of points, but Nova will most likely pound the rock down your defense's throats. I don't see your 3-3-5 stopping that run game. Long drives that will wear down your front 6 is a tall task. Run stopping with safeties will be problematic for your Mountain Hawks.

Versatile senior RB Matt Gudzak will play this year (missed game last season) & he's a nice complement to the power running of Aaron Forbes who shredded the Lehigh defense last season. Also, remember this name RS frosh Justin Covington. I've had several insider reports that say this kid maybe the best of them all combining speed & power on his 5'11" 220 lbs. frame.

Time will tell. It's a good season opening matchup for both.

Villanova should be favored against Lehigh. I don't think last year's performance by VU or LU was particularly indicative of either team's season. I suspect that if that game was played at the end of the year (or playoffs), we would have seen a similarly tight game but played at much higher levels on both sides.
I'll be happy to get VU at Lehigh, where we can actually tailgate ;)

Gangtackle11
March 24th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Villanova should be favored against Lehigh. I don't think last year's performance by VU or LU was particularly indicative of either team's season. I suspect that if that game was played at the end of the year (or playoffs), we would have seen a similarly tight game but played at much higher levels on both sides.
I'll be happy to get VU at Lehigh, where we can actually tailgate ;)

Radnor Township is the deterrent to tailgating. The Villanova Football community tail gate behind the visitors stands. It's a good time, but visitors are left to being sober or limited to time for libations for the most part.

I like playing Lehigh and other PL schools. Steeped in tradition of eastern football & days when most played at the highest level & some for national prominence.

LUHawker
March 24th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Radnor Township is the deterrent to tailgating. The Villanova Football community tail gate behind the visitors stands. It's a good time, but visitors are left to being sober or limited to time for libations for the most part.

I'm infinitely familiar with the Radnor Township situation having lived in Bryn Mawr for 10+ years (and by the way, I also have a VU grad degree xsmiley_wix)

That being said, the no-tailgating policy is still bush and kills the college game-day experience.

citdog
March 24th, 2017, 02:40 PM
I'm infinitely familiar with the Radnor Township situation having lived in Bryn Mawr for 10+ years (and by the way, I also have a VU grad degree xsmiley_wix)

That being said, the no-tailgating policy is still bush and kills the college game-day experience.

Seems like a good place for mass civil disobedience...

Gangtackle11
March 24th, 2017, 03:30 PM

I hear ya. We'd have better crowds for sure if they allowed it.

DFW HOYA
March 24th, 2017, 03:45 PM
I like playing Lehigh and other PL schools. Steeped in tradition of eastern football & days when most played at the highest level & some for national prominence.

Still plenty of room on Georgetown's future schedules...

Gangtackle11
March 24th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Still plenty of room on Georgetown's future schedules...

I wouldn't mind playing G-Town, but I think your AD has made it pretty clear that PFL & Ivy League teams are better fits than a solid CAA opponent.

DFW HOYA
March 24th, 2017, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't mind playing G-Town, but I think your AD has made it pretty clear that PFL & Ivy League teams are better fits than a solid CAA opponent.

The athletic director doesn't make the schedules, nor have I heard him comment on it.

For the longest time, it was Andy Talley that wanted nothing to do with a game like this, which was a no-win situation in his book. I do know that Georgetown is widely perceived to be a noncompetitive program given its futility in the Patriot League and teams are not willing to sign home and away agreements as a result. Georgetown doesn't schedule schools like Campbell because they want to, they do so because no one else is calling.

Georgetown isn't at the point where it will be calling up PSAC schools to fill out the schedule, but it's not inconceivable, either. Yale and Penn dropped Georgetown a number of years ago and Harvard and Princeton do so after 2017. From then, it's Columbia (which may eventually do the same) and any other school which needs a one-off on its schedule.

Gangtackle11
March 25th, 2017, 05:20 AM
The athletic director doesn't make the schedules, nor have I heard him comment on it.

For the longest time, it was Andy Talley that wanted nothing to do with a game like this, which was a no-win situation in his book. I do know that Georgetown is widely perceived to be a noncompetitive program given its futility in the Patriot League and teams are not willing to sign home and away agreements as a result. Georgetown doesn't schedule schools like Campbell because they want to, they do so because no one else is calling.

Georgetown isn't at the point where it will be calling up PSAC schools to fill out the schedule, but it's not inconceivable, either. Yale and Penn dropped Georgetown a number of years ago and Harvard and Princeton do so after 2017. From then, it's Columbia (which may eventually do the same) and any other school which needs a one-off on its schedule.

I bumped the thread where you posted a 2012 article where your AD discusses scheduling non-scholarship games in the future. Here is what u posted a few years back:

Selected quotes:

On scholarships: "Most schools are starting to make a move towards merit aid. Right now, we haven’t made that decision yet. That’s not what we’ve been or what we want to do. We’ll maintain our position as a need-based aid program.”

On the Patriot League: “Like anything, leagues evolve as policies change. We continue to assess that in terms of where we are and what our ability to be successful is. We’ll go through that process over the next couple years.”

On scheduling: “I think you’ll see a lot more Ivy League schools on our football schedule, intentionally, because they are need-based as well. We want to play schools that have a similar philosophy when it comes to aid. We are running out of schools to do that against, so it makes sense because the Ivies are our peers.”

http://www.thehoya.com/sports/reed-s...lans-1.2889891 (http://www.thehoya.com/sports/reed-sees-bright-future-in-iac-plans-1.2889891)

DFW HOYA
March 25th, 2017, 08:49 AM
I bumped the thread where you posted a 2012 article where your AD discusses scheduling non-scholarship games in the future. Here is what u posted a few years back:

Thanks. Kety quote: "We are running out of schools to do that against" , which can loosely be translated as "We are running out of schools to play."

CFBfan
March 26th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Thanks. Kety quote: "We are running out of schools to do that against" , which can loosely be translated as "We are running out of schools to play."

DFW isn't it long past time to stop trying to defend the indefensible, excuse the inexcusable and just accept the fact that GTown is at fault NOT the PL and blame belongs squarely and solely on the hilltop?
step up and try to compete or leave the PL !

DFW HOYA
March 26th, 2017, 12:10 PM
DFW isn't it long past time to stop trying to defend the indefensible, excuse the inexcusable and just accept the fact that GTown is at fault NOT the PL and blame belongs squarely and solely on the hilltop?

Where in that quote is the phrase "the PL is at fault?"

RichH2
March 26th, 2017, 12:17 PM

Perhaps not but that is not the issue. Reading his statement it is clear that GU will not fund football at a level to compete in PL. GU has created its scheduling problems. The question is not who can we find to schedule. The true question is how do we get the funding to schedule who we want to play.

citdog
March 26th, 2017, 12:30 PM

Why has nobody moved to expel Georgetown from the Patsy league? How long will y'all allow that embarrassment of football program to bring ALL of you down?

RichH2
March 26th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Why has nobody moved to expel Georgetown from the Patsy league? How long will y'all allow that embarrassment of football program to bring ALL of you down?

Not gonna happen citdog. Presidents council runs PL and they like hanging out with Hoyas. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 26th, 2017, 03:06 PM
It was posted on the Lehigh board that the Hawks are switching to a 4-2-5 defense for this upcoming year. Given the returning personnel I like the move.

RichH2
March 26th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Agree. We finallly have enough depth there to run a 4 man line.
Of course we now have ridiculous numbers at LB.:) :)

ngineer
March 26th, 2017, 06:30 PM

Need a replacement. You volunteering El Cid? (;-). Limited options and as noted by Rich, the PL Presidents' Council makes those decisions. Attempts have been made in the past to lure Richmond and Villanova, but no buyers, yet. William & Mary was an original charter member, but chickened out when the alums objected because at the time we weren't scholarship. Would love to get any of those three re-interested.

ngineer
March 26th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Agree. We finallly have enough depth there to run a 4 man line.
Of course we now have ridiculous numbers at LB.:) :)

I like it. Some of those LB numbers may also be 'rovers'. Lot of athleticism recruited this past year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a frosh get some major PT.

CFBfan
March 26th, 2017, 06:31 PM

you ALWAYS blame the PL's AI & no schollie position for the Hoyas recruiting issues....you are in a SCHOLARSHIP league, offer them, live with not offering them and stop whining or get out!!

Go...gate
March 26th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Why is the Patriot League at fault here?

The league made a decision to stop the fiction of need-based "scholarship equivalencies" for athletes and, unlike the Ivy League (which continues the fiction) call these "equivalencies" what they are - athletic scholarships. It was essentially re-labeling an entry on an accounting form.

RichH2
April 6th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I like it. Some of those LB numbers may also be 'rovers'. Lot of athleticism recruited this past year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a frosh get some major PT.

Interesting to note the impact of the off season S & C workouts particulary on the LB group. All thise Rover and OLB athletes are 15 to 25 lbs heavier. LBs in 4-2 have to be fast enuf for coverage yet big enuf for inside work. Coach Sutyak made sure he would have a deep group to select from it appears :)

DFW HOYA
April 7th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Georgetown has confirmed that three assistants (Luke Thompson, Brian Miller and Thurston Childrey) have left the staff. Thompson (was DC) is now the DC at Lafayette, Miller (OL) left for Missouri, and I'm not sure where Childrey (WR) is going.

Inbound coaches: Alex Kolt promoted to OL coach, Kellen Pruitt moved to DL, and Adam Neugebauer (formerly of Div. II Tiffin College) as WR coach. It's a young staff, with just two assistants over 30.

LUHawker
April 7th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Georgetown has confirmed that three assistants (Luke Thompson, Brian Miller and Thurston Childrey) have left the staff. Thompson (was DC) is now the DC at Lafayette, Miller (OL) left for Missouri, and I'm not sure where Childrey (WR) is going.

Inbound coaches: Alex Kolt promoted to OL coach, Kellen Pruitt moved to DL, and Adam Neugebauer (formerly of Div. II Tiffin College) as WR coach. It's a young staff, with just two assistants over 30.

Well it appears that other programs value G'Town coaching.

Re: young staff - for a program like G'Town, this youth is probably a good thing. Too inexperienced to know/care if they are making mistakes. I think the Hoyas need to become risk-takers to succeed and you are more likely to get that approach with younger coaches than older ones with more to lose.

RichH2
April 7th, 2017, 01:40 PM
The path of most young assts. Every couple of years there is a marked migration of assts. The good ones move on and up. PL does seem to hire very good young talent as evidenced by the number moving up to FBS staffs.

youcanbankit
April 12th, 2017, 07:01 PM
This is how I feel when the FCS teams start their football season. Every Saturday feels like this!

Start the video and wait 15 seconds then start the sound track!!!! Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9bakJLAevo

RichH2
April 17th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Have to agree bank. Our Spring game is this weekend. A great cap to practice but the harbringer of the summer doldrums. The worst time of the year. An eternity until preseason camp and real football.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 18th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Have to agree bank. Our Spring game is this weekend. A great cap to practice but the harbringer of the summer doldrums. The worst time of the year. An eternity until preseason camp and real football.

Been really quiet from the PL folks on here. Having Tavani gone has made things "far less interesting" on College Hill.

RichH2
April 18th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Been really quiet from the PL folks on here. Having Tavani gone has made things "far less interesting" on College Hill.

Well they have an actual HC now. :) From their board, Garret has started a total culture change in their program. Less PR and more coaching.

Go...gate
April 18th, 2017, 03:56 PM

I definitely get the feeling that Tavani went kicking and screaming.

ngineer
April 20th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Lehigh Brown & White Game Saturday at 11 a.m. at Goodman. Football Partnership and South Side Boosters having pregame tailgates at Rust Pavillion starting at 9 a.m.

RichH2
April 20th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Lehigh Brown & White Game Saturday at 11 a.m. at Goodman. Football Partnership and South Side Boosters having pregame tailgates at Rust Pavillion starting at 9 a.m.

Will be interesting to see the changes Sutyak has made on D. New formations, rotations and a new base D.

Doc QB
April 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM

Partnership email from Harry has us meeting opposite side of stadium, not Rust Pav...make sure message gets out. Engineer, gotta miss career nite tonight. Hopefully see you Sat morn.

ngineer
April 21st, 2017, 04:17 PM
Partnership email from Harry has us meeting opposite side of stadium, not Rust Pav...make sure message gets out. Engineer, gotta miss career nite tonight. Hopefully see you Sat morn.

Yes, I saw that. Having two sites doesn't make sense. Would be good to have more people in one location. Will split my time, probably start with the Partnership and then spend a little time with the SSB's. Can't make career night either this year. Prior commitment with the "Missus". See you tomorrow.

BucBisonAtLarge
April 22nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Bucknell wrapped up Spring Practices with a scrimmage, due to controlled scrimmage Friday night.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=211568168

ngineer
April 23rd, 2017, 08:36 PM
Lehigh's "Brown & White Game" lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Hitting but not taking to the ground. Best news: no one got hurt. Good news: it looks like we have the pieces in place to make a good run this fall. Debut of nice rising sophomore PK who may take over the PK duties to take the double duty off Punter/PK. QB's have good arms and the backs are healthy. DL now a front four and looked very good. Secondary played very good with a couple picks and break-ups. New LB corps will need to step up, but with a new format. LU calling their D a 4-2-5, but not really. Sometimes one or two 'rovers', sometimes two safeties. Lot of flexibility and some very good frosh DB's coming in August. A lot of high hopes for the fall. Opener with Villanova Labor Day weekend will be a heck of a measuring stick.

RichH2
April 23rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
Lehigh's "Brown & White Game" lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Hitting but not taking to the ground. Best news: no one got hurt. Good news: it looks like we have the pieces in place to make a good run this fall. Debut of nice rising sophomore PK who may take over the PK duties to take the double duty off Punter/PK. QB's have good arms and the backs are healthy. DL now a front four and looked very good. Secondary played very good with a couple picks and break-ups. New LB corps will need to step up, but with a new format. LU calling their D a 4-2-5, but not really. Sometimes one or two 'rovers', sometimes two safeties. Lot of flexibility and some very good frosh DB's coming in August. A lot of high hopes for the fall. Opener with Villanova Labor Day weekend will be a heck of a measuring stick.

Thanks ngineer
Sutyak has been using multiple variations all camp. Going to be interesting to ser how he builds this D. Nice to see Gille healthy for a change. He can be a force inside.

Gangtackle11
April 24th, 2017, 07:59 AM

Will be a measuring stick game for Nova as well. 1st game in Ferrante era. 16 starters back so playoffs are expected on the Main Line.

RichH2
April 25th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Will be a measuring stick game for Nova as well. 1st game in Ferrante era. 16 starters back so playoffs are expected on the Main Line.

Who is likely QB this season?

Gangtackle11
April 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Who is likely QB this season?

Well it's the incumbent junior Zach Bednarczyk's job to lose.

RS Frosh Jack Schetelich took almost all spring snaps as ZB had minor surgery. He's probable backup.

Also have touted frosh Kyle McCloskey coming in this summer.

DFW HOYA
June 7th, 2017, 10:10 PM
How has PL spending changed since adding scholarships in 2012?

2015-16 budgets and % change from 2011-12, per EADA reports
(Fordham excepted because it was already at 60 scholarships):

1. Colgate $5,628,724 (up 20.9%)
2. Lafayette: $5,622,993 (up 30.5%)
3. Holy Cross; $5,186,151 (up 33.0%)
4. Lehigh: $4,953,213 (up 10.4%)
5. Bucknell: $4,594,032 (up 46.2%)

6. Georgetown: $1,822,896 (up 8.1%)

PAllen
June 8th, 2017, 07:08 AM

That's actually quite telling as that ranking pretty closely correlates to the trajectories of the different programs. (The budget $ not the % increase)

citdog
June 8th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Can the patsy league champion stay within 6 touchdowns of it's Playoff opponent in 2017???

Go...gate
June 8th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Can the patsy league champion stay within 6 touchdowns of it's Playoff opponent in 2017???

Only of it is The Citadel.... :D

PAllen
June 8th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Only of it is The Citadel.... :D

I don't know if we can throttle back that far. Maybe the citadel will pick up a fluke fumble or two against our third stringers and be able to keep it that close. :D

RichH2
June 9th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Caveat is accounting methods are not uniform. How income and overall expenses are treated vary widely from school to school.

Anthony215
June 9th, 2017, 01:25 PM

I wonder what the numbers look like for the CAA & NEC as they all recruit pretty heavy in the Mid Atlantic/New England regions against one another.

Sader87
June 13th, 2017, 09:04 AM
30th reunion (how can that be possible btw????) this past weekend....took a tour of the newly renovated (still not finished) Luth-Hart complex...I have to think this will help the program ultimately but who knows?

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33100&ATCLID=210993205

RichH2
June 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM
30th reunion (how can that be possible btw????) this past weekend....took a tour of the newly renovated (still not finished) Luth-Hart complex...I have to think this will help the program ultimately but who knows?

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33100&ATCLID=210993205

Pretty impressive. Pine has done well reinvigorating AD at Cross.
Tom likely on the hot seat this year. Pujols cannot do it by himself tho. Have wonder why Cross does not or cannot run effectively.