PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for everything

bjtheflamesfan
February 27th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Hey gang,

Ive been gone for a while but I was handling quite a bit of personal stuff so I haven't had a chance to really say anything since Liberty made the announcement about moving to FBS, so I thought I'd say a few things.

Ive been a part of AGS for over 10 years (hard to wrap my head around that) and had a blast posting and talking FCS football and...I think the term is ball busting...with each and every one of you over the years (even guys like citdog and chattown). With the Flames moving to FBS starting in 2018, this probably will be my last season posting on AGS in an active sense. I intend to be a voter in the AGS poll for 2017 and hope to add one more season of poll perfection in this last ride, but I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for some outstanding conversation. I know Im gonna miss that and getting raked for my at times questionable ballots on the AGS poll...Im gonna miss chattown and his myopic love for the UTC Mocs (who went from perpetual laughing stock to top tier FCS (still not quite elite yet IMO) in the last few years). Im gonna miss the weekly pick em threads and the FCS Playoff contest...but I will most of all miss UAH and the boys at the top keeping me grounded while still busting chops when necessary.

Thanks for the memories AGS and I will contiunue to read and follow because you guys (and gals because Im sure there are a few female posters in this vast community) because you are like a virtual family to me as well.

TheRevSFA
February 27th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hey gang,

Ive been gone for a while but I was handling quite a bit of personal stuff so I haven't had a chance to really say anything since Liberty made the announcement about moving to FBS, so I thought I'd say a few things.

Ive been a part of AGS for over 10 years (hard to wrap my head around that) and had a blast posting and talking FCS football and...I think the term is ball busting...with each and every one of you over the years (even guys like citdog and chattown). With the Flames moving to FBS starting in 2018, this probably will be my last season posting on AGS in an active sense. I intend to be a voter in the AGS poll for 2017 and hope to add one more season of poll perfection in this last ride, but I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for some outstanding conversation. I know Im gonna miss that and getting raked for my at times questionable ballots on the AGS poll...Im gonna miss chattown and his myopic love for the UTC Mocs (who went from perpetual laughing stock to top tier FCS (still not quite elite yet IMO) in the last few years). Im gonna miss the weekly pick em threads and the FCS Playoff contest...but I will most of all miss UAH and the boys at the top keeping me grounded while still busting chops when necessary.

Thanks for the memories AGS and I will contiunue to read and follow because you guys (and gals because Im sure there are a few female posters in this vast community) because you are like a virtual family to me as well.

Hey kid...you were good.

KPSUL
February 27th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks for posting these years and thanks for being so good natured. IMO, some of the threads and posts concerning LU have not always been just "busting chops". Through it all, the Liberty regulars on AGS have always been great representatives of the Liberty fan base. I've been to several games at Williams Stadium and up to Snowflex many times where my daughter has trained, competed and made some friends with some real good young people. The Liberty community is always welcoming regardless why I've been on campus. Hopefully things will work out well for you and maybe the UNH Wildcats will play a FBS game there sometime in the future.

citdog
February 27th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I am GLAD that your religious cult will no longer be in this subdivision and that you who once delighted in banning people who called your cult out for what it IS when you were a moderator here will be going with them.

bjtheflamesfan
February 27th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I'll miss you too citdog...who knows, maybe the Bullpups will get a call with a nice check to come to Lynchburg...and yes that period as a moderator was not the highlight of my years at AGS and I certainly made a few enemies during that time as well and for that I am sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for posting these years and thanks for being so good natured. IMO, some of the threads and posts concerning LU have not always been just "busting chops". Through it all, the Liberty regulars on AGS have always been great representatives of the Liberty fan base. I've been to several games at Williams Stadium and up to Snowflex many times where my daughter has trained, competed and made some friends with some real good young people. The Liberty community is always welcoming regardless why I've been on campus. Hopefully things will work out well for you and maybe the UNH Wildcats will play a FBS game there sometime in the future.

Id definitely make the trip out to Lynchburg for that one my friend

Daytripper
February 27th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I am GLAD that your religious cult will no longer be in this subdivision and that you who once delighted in banning people who called your cult out for what it IS when you were a moderator here will be going with them.

The ever-gracious citdog....

citdog
February 27th, 2017, 12:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3mMvYkGGzzbuU/giphy.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
February 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I'll miss you too citdog...who knows, maybe the Bullpups will get a call with a nice check to come to Lynchburg...and yes that period as a moderator was not the highlight of my years at AGS and I certainly made a few enemies during that time as well and for that I am sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Id definitely make the trip out to Lynchburg for that one my friend

You are a good person bj and in spite of citdog's self elevation you took the high road and didn't let it affect your state of mind on the matter. Nice work that you can still muster an "I apologoze" while another is being a douche.

It takes a lot for most of the LU crowd to endure around here. Some of it is legit from an outsiders point of view but it is always overdone. To stick around through that is worthy of a tip of my cap to all of the LU posters. Some flavor leaves the board with the moving on of any FCS team and this will be no different. I will miss the LU posters that have helped build this place, and you are a pillar of that group.xthumbsupx

bjtheflamesfan
February 27th, 2017, 04:10 PM
You are too kind to call me a "pillar" of the Flames contingent UAH...knowing this will be my last year with the AGS Poll will make submitting he final preseason pick bittersweet for me

bonarae
February 27th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Thanks for you being a beam for the Flames contingent on AGS. Although I am still in an identity crisis at present (over which of Harvard and ETSU I'll back on AGS), I will miss your relevant and good-natured posts on your team. May we all wish you the best of luck in the G5.

Milktruck74
February 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3mMvYkGGzzbuU/giphy.gif

????? Citdog is black???? Who Knew????

citdog
February 27th, 2017, 05:19 PM
????? Citdog is black???? Who Knew????

Only from the waist down...

dbackjon
February 27th, 2017, 05:24 PM

That's part of his charm

dbackjon
February 27th, 2017, 05:25 PM

hmmm

RichH2
February 27th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Best luck bj. Gonna miss you here.

grizband
February 27th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Don't be a stranger BJ! Will continue to enjoy your posts about Liberty football in their final season of FCS football!

PAllen
February 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Thank you to all of the Liberty fans on this board. You guys have been class acts and I hope to see you continue posting on things that you find relevant.

JSUSoutherner
February 28th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Better a cult member than a loser. :D

dbackjon
February 28th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Better a cult member than a loser. :D

Still a cult...

POD Knows
February 28th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Still a cult...

So is GLAD and ACT UP.

bjtheflamesfan
February 28th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Can we please keep it civil guys...there is nothing wrong with disagreeing without being disagreeable

POD Knows
February 28th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Can we please keep it civil guys...there is nothing wrong with disagreeing without being disagreeable

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24682&stc=1

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2017, 01:14 PM
So is GLAD and ACT UP.

Hey POD, mentioned a few times now but this **** just ain't gonna fly on the FCS board. Please keep it off of here.

POD Knows
February 28th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Hey POD, mentioned a few times now but this **** just ain't gonna fly on the FCS board. Please keep it off of here.

Well, the differences between calling a college, Liberty, a cult and referencing other things as a cult must be pretty subtle, I don't do subtle very well. This thread had already derailed so I figured I throw gas on it. Sorry.

bjtheflamesfan
February 28th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Forgiven POD...but I was gonna say that if you have to ask...then yes its probably about you (Nice movie reference btw)

citdog
February 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Sucks that you can't just ban those who disagree anymore huh?

bjtheflamesfan
February 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Not really citdog...if that helps you sleep at night then more power to ya

POD Knows
February 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Forgiven POD...but I was gonna say that if you have to ask...then yes its probably about you (Nice movie reference btw)

Yea,

Dazed and Confused in the Upper Midwest. I guess it is OK to call out a Christian school as a cult but a reply to a post like that, calling something else a cult is verboten.

citdog
February 28th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Yea,

Dazed and Confused in the Upper Midwest. I guess it is OK to call out a Christian school as a cult but a reply to a post like that, calling something else a cult is verboten.

liberty univ is not a Christian school. Was Jim Jones a Christian preacher???

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Well, the differences between calling a college, Liberty, a cult and referencing other things as a cult must be pretty subtle, I don't do subtle very well. This thread had already derailed so I figured I throw gas on it. Sorry.
You are not incorrect. I try to work on one thing at a time though and this one has been it for a while now so I apologize as I know it is not completely fair but it's the best I can do at this time.

The cult crap sure don't need to be here but at this point I guess I'll just need move another thread. The rest of you with the cult **** can give that a rest here as well. Leave it off of this board. Just a thread that a guy was/is trying to say thanks on so STFU if you got nothing decent.

I'll just start turning off the FCSD board if anyone feels compelled to challenge me further on this issue. Just getting tired of it.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2017, 03:09 PM
liberty univ is not a Christian school. Was Jim Jones a Christian preacher???

You in particular should read that last post of mine real closely and understand it.

POD Knows
February 28th, 2017, 03:22 PM
You are not incorrect. I try to work on one thing at a time though and this one has been it for a while now so I apologize as I know it is not completely fair but it's the best I can do at this time.

The cult crap sure don't need to be here but at this point I guess I'll just need move another thread. The rest of you with the cult **** can give that a rest here as well. Leave it off of this board. Just a thread that a guy was/is trying to say thanks on so STFU if you got nothing decent.

I'll just start turning off the FCSD board if anyone feels compelled to challenge me further on this issue. Just getting tired of it.

Got it, thanks

citdog
February 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
You in particular should read that last post of mine real closely and understand it.

10-4

Grizalltheway
February 28th, 2017, 03:29 PM

You really gotta start using sunscreen on that schmeckle of yours.

dbackjon
March 1st, 2017, 01:06 PM
So is GLAD and ACT UP.

Right over your head...

bjtheflamesfan
March 2nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Don't be a stranger BJ! Will continue to enjoy your posts about Liberty football in their final season of FCS football!
I'll be lurking mostly but I will try to come in with some perspective on general FCS discussion as the opportunity and the given topic allows