PDA

View Full Version : New and improved Official AGS Playoff Bracket

clenz
February 25th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I know the season has been over for a while and spring ball for schools is firing up. However, I wasn't happy with how the radial brackets were turning out and came across a new style that I'd been meaning to try but due to school haven't had time. Well, I had a mostly free day today so I took a template I knew of and spent the day making it work for a 24 team playoff field.

I think I have everything proofed and correct, but I've looked, and played with this thing, for so long today that I'm sure things could easily have slipped by.

Let me know what you think. This is much easier to do than the radial, and allows for larger logos and a few other things. I had been planning on doing historical playoffs but the hassle of the radial kept me from actually doing it. If this new style seems well received I'll start (slowly) getting past years out as well.

EDIT #1 - found I left the SHSU/JMU score off so I added it

EDIT #2 - EWU seed added to quarters

EDIT #3 - Changed The Citadel logo per citdog

http://image.prntscr.com/image/e4bf9b8e0d8e4c378b2f5d5dbbbdfcc7.png

StrikeJMU
February 25th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Not enough purple! But seriously, it looks awesome. Maybe fill in the endzones all green? But that is just nitpicking.

clenz
February 25th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Not enough purple! But seriously, it looks awesome. Maybe fill in the endzones all green? But that is just nitpicking.I messed with the endzones for a long time. Going with just green is far too bland. I couldn't figure out the angled stripe look for a damn either. The checkerboard look? WAY to busy on something that size. Text would have been extremely repetitive from everything else on it.

If anyone has any other ideas for the endzones I'm open to it if it works well. I rather like the diamond (on here and IRL) to be honest.

Drblankstare
February 25th, 2017, 11:25 PM
xthumbsupx Looks good

TheRevSFA
February 26th, 2017, 09:12 AM
That's badass

BisonTru
February 26th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Nice work. I like the football field theme. Pretty cool.

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I had a mistake pointed out to me on twitter about the Poly SD score. I will fix and and reupload if this is something you are saving and using somewhere.

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Updated the Cal Poly/San Diego score and replaced the image in the OP.

Hammersmith
February 26th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Looks good, but you don't have EWU's seed in the quarters.

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Looks good, but you don't have EWU's seed in the quarters.
Son of a bitch

citdog
February 26th, 2017, 12:34 PM
This logo is better.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Citadel_bulldogs_logo.png

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 12:35 PM
added

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 12:36 PM
This logo is better.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Citadel_bulldogs_logo.pngI hadn't been able to find a good version of that logo to shrink down, and I know the team uses the C. I'll work on replacing it.

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Logo changed in OP

clenz
February 26th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Aaaaannnnndddd......2015 done

http://image.prntscr.com/image/e78ca4751e5243d5977f6f80e3661a4a.png

Bluefish845
February 27th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Nice work Clenz!! xdrunkyxxthumbsupx

REALBird
February 27th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Nice work. Looking forward to your 2017 work. You just raised the bar. Some yahoo from a FBS school will see this and your work will be stolen in no time.

KPSUL
February 27th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Way better than the radial. My two cents, it would look better on a T-Shirt if you increased the height and decreased the width - even though the field would not be proportional.

clenz
February 27th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Way better than the radial. My two cents, it would look better on a T-Shirt if you increased the height and decreased the width - even though the field would not be proportional.
Keeping the field is vital. If the field isn't proportional the boxes are squished. That causes logos that aren't more vertical (like Citadel, JMU's dog head, Wofford, etc...) look strange to get them to fit right. This method isn't perfect for logos aren't roughly equal in size too though - you'll notice logos like Richmond and Illinois State look real small compared to things like NDSU, JSU, UNI, etc... even though the basic constraint on them is exactly the same (within a pixel or two and 1 pixel is equal to .16 inch). It's why I used JMU's letter mark and not the dog head, even though I like that one more. It' just didn't look good size wise.

To be honest I'm about a half off of being completely square. There are some sections one pixel larger than the section right next to it. However, I can't adjust by a half pixel so I need to deal with it. If anyone can tell which segment is one pixel larger than another one without knowing where they have the best I can imagine. It bugs me because I know where to look, but oh well.

Forcing wider logos into a taller space looks far worse than forcing taller logos into wider areas, and FAAAR more schools have wider logos than taller logos. Trust me on that. I have the primary and at least one secondary of every FCS school, every former FCS school that ever made the playoffs and about 40-50 FBS, NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, BPL, and various other teams saved to use for various things.

My Google Drive has about 8 gb of just logo and template .pngs that I dick around with in my free time.

As it sits now those brackets would print to basically 20"x10" - just a few fractions of an inch larger than that both ways to be honest.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 27th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Looks really cool man. I've been gone since Friday and just getting to see it. Very nice.

Southern Bison
February 27th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Looks great Clenz!

For back of shirt graphic, would doing the field vertical be an option? Simply rotating team graphics & lettering outside the field?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clenz
February 27th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Looks great Clenz!

For back of shirt graphic, would doing the field vertical be an option? Simply rotating team graphics & lettering outside the field?

Certainly could with a little effort.

For our purposes though when it comes a shirt the graphics don't matter. We don't own rights or pay for rights to distribute the logos. It would be like the 2015 champion shirts. We'd replace logos with written out names.

BisonFan02
February 27th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Looks great Clenz!

Judging by alot of us....it's best to stay horizontal. #cultivatingmass xlolx

Bisonator
February 28th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Aaaaannnnndddd......2015 done

http://image.prntscr.com/image/e78ca4751e5243d5977f6f80e3661a4a.png
I like this one. Anything with the Bison in the middle is good.xnodx

clenz
February 28th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I like this one. Anything with the Bison in the middle is good.xnodx
It'll be a bit before I get anymore fully kicked out. I had about a 4 day break from grad school whipping my ass and it's back in full force.

I may hold off releasing anymore until I get the rest finished. At least the rest of the 24 team format playoff years finished.

citdog
March 2nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
It really does look good

hits you like this
http://bbs.dailystormer.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/0/d0978fb3753ffe43cac92f48457d14622aa88cfa.gif

paward
March 2nd, 2017, 08:16 PM
Me likes!

knit35
March 3rd, 2017, 01:25 PM
Looks great. Nicely done.